Viewing 85 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Stacy Ann May
      Duchess

Have you ever had a makeover? If so, did you go en femme or drab? If you’d like to tell us, how did it go for you? Was it was you expected? Did you enjoy the experience? What did you think of the results?

Actually I’ve had makeovers twice, the first a couple of years ago before my first public outing as Melissa, and more recently on Halloween with my friends. Both times the “makeover” was limited to makeup (although the more recent time I also had a bit of help with wig). Both times, the result was fabulous. I can’t do my own very well, so it’s very special to have a girlfriend to help out, especially with eyes.

I have never had a make over but I would love so much to have one.

It sounds wonderful.

Patty

Anonymous

I had a great experience at Sephora.

This is a funny time for this to pop up, I was actually planning to go get a make-over this weekend. Was really excited, had it all planned out, and then I got sick and had to postpone. Not fun, but I still have the plans just gotta pick a new date.

Melissa Davis
      Baroness

In Massachsetts and probably elsewhere Sephora offers a free 90-minute session for the trans community.As advertised, it stops short of a makeover, but when I attended one we learned a lot about foundation and primer for the area around the eyes. Sephora charges $60 for a full makeover, which I plan to do soon, en femme and late in the afternoon when I’ll probably wear glasses and a bit of lipstick when I walk from the car to the store in the dusk.

Denise Ray
      Duchess

I struggled with makeup for many years. Just decided I needed professional help. Did an internet search for makeup artists in my region and found a wonderful woman who does lessons and had a number of CD/Trans as clients. Went in drab but brought femme cloths to change into after the lesson.
      Wonderful experience, she was very helpful and supportive. Helped put together a shopping list of cosmetics and brushes. Dressed in full “Denise” mode, took a few photos and went shopping enfemme for the rest of the day. This was my first time in public and loved it.

Krista
      Duchess

My makeover experience was part of a workplace fundraiser.  Before retiring I was the CEO of an organization with almost 1000 staff.  My Executive Assistant set the whole thing up.  I raised over $1000 for charity if I would dress en femme and attend a luncheon with hundreds of staff.  I went to my Assistant’s hairdresser (who competed in drag contests) and he did a complete makeover.  Went in drab and came out fully en femme.  Attended the luncheon as promised.  Little did they know that I totally enjoyed the experience, so much so that I never changed back to drab after the luncheon.  Bit frightening at first but by the end of the day I was driving all over the city en femme and even attended a Chamber of Commerce meeting (photos on my profile page).  Hugs, Krista.

Krista…having read your story, I was compelled to go look at your picture.  There you are, in blue dress, walking into the COC meeting.  Wow, you look fabulous and so happy/confident with a radiant smile.  I’ll bet you had people, men and women, doing a double take.   “Whoa…that’s the CEO?”  That smile tells me you pegged out the elation meter.  So happy for you.

J J
      Lady

I was traveling through London and went to a crossdressing service. It was great fun. Went in drab, spent a couple hiurs en femme, and left with most of the make uo still on. I toned down the lipstick and eyeshadow. That evening I put on a skirt with black stockings, added a bolder lipstick and went to a play in Piccadilly Circus.  It was a great evening out. One of the photos from the session is on my page here.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I had a makeover a month ago, on my way to a dinner where I was meeting some other crossdressers, so I was well dressed, and went in a bit of makeup, as I had to go through a busy mall on my way there.

The makeover was the highlight for me. The young woman who did me, was great, friendly, and explained what she was doing. I had asked for a very natural look, and that is what she did, and I honestly couldn’t believe how good I looked. The one thing I wish I’d done, was have her take a couple of pictures of me right afterward

Amy

Anonymous

When I started dressing again at 50 it was only in the “closet” without makeup, one day I decided to try a makeover in UK, but not sufficient to give me the confidence to go out in public… then the final and best was in Amsterdam as “he” also explained what he did; I felt so confident after the makeover that I went to a restaurant and later to a bar and have never stopped since. Now going almost anywhere, restaurants, shopping, theater, driving, etc and thoroughly enjoy it. When dressed now I am a “woman”!

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

My first and only makeover was with a pro who focused on the trans/CD community. I was curious how I would look and had modest expectations.  What I got was a life changing experience.  I was stunned by how good I looked, and gained the confidence to spend the rest of the day in public.  With that makeover I found a new level of acceptance of myself, and a desire for many more experiences as a woman.  Funny what a little makeup can do.

Emily

Like Emily, it was a life changing experience.

I had been a closet crossdresser my whole life.  I had seen photos of other people out in public and very much wanted to experience it at least once in my lifetime.  I had been sneaking to the curb early morning or late at night to get the garbage, going out in the back yard late at night, and even during a weekday afternoon.  But it was still pretty much hidden.

I found a woman who runs a transformation salon from her home.  She would do makeovers, photos, wigs if necessary, clothing, the whole works.  One thing on the selection was to go out to eat.  I decided I wanted to experience going out in public, and going out to eat was a perfect way to do so.

I had a single day when I saw a perfect storm of coincidences come together.  One daughter was in college (marching) band camp; one daughter was in a high school sleep-away marching band camp (and returning the next evening), and my son just left for college that morning.  My (now) ex was working the night shift, so went to bed in the early afternoon and woke up just before leaving for work.  I was able to book my makeover and trip out for that afternoon.

The money for this session was collected for in coins I had saved up and cashed in.  I already had a separate bank account, so any charges would not be seen.  Having these coincidences line up again, or having enough money that didn’t impact anything were reasons I truly believed this would be a one time event.  I really didn’t know what to expect.

I arrived in drab but brought some clothes with me.  Not only did I get a makeover, she taught me how to do makeup, and had me do little bits myself.  Done in the privacy of her home in a sun room studio she has made it less embarrassing for a first experience than in a store where someone might see me, or I would be getting makeup in drab.  There was no pressure to buy any cosmetics.  The experience was personalized, and not something generic.

In addition, she gave me some foam breast forms (they were wearing out a bit, but still just gave them to me) along with a bra to keep.  Although we tried some wigs, I really wanted to go out with my own hair which was quite long.  She had some clip-on bangs that she used (and gave to me) to cover my forehead.  She loaned me a top that fit better and hid my tummy better than what I had brought.  We took some pictures and then went out to eat.  Nervous for only a few seconds getting out to her car, and getting out at the local diner, I quickly relaxed and just enjoyed a little while out.

In retrospect, I don’t know how well I passed.  To a casual observer in the restaurant, I know I passed.  To the waitress, or to the Maitre d’ who asked how it was, I am now not so sure.  But I have learned over the years that passing sometimes means being accepted even if the other person knows you are not female.  And in that regard, I definitely passed.

I mentioned at the beginning that this was life changing.  Because she taught me to do makeup, I have been able to go out many times since.  Within a few months I was going out regularly to parties she had at her home and met others in the TG community.  We had other events where we went out in public, be it stores, restaurants, or other events.  I have done things since that first makeover that I never would believe I would do.  Our relationship is more than a client relationship, she has become a friend.  I have had a few makeovers since that time, and still feel fantastic as she does it much better than I can.  But I have also had the confidence to go out on my own because of that first makeover, her support, and the support of others in the TG community.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

My answer is yes and in a variety of locations over circa 30 years. ( Yes I am firmly in the “over 50’s” CDH group)

1/. Dressing services. From earlier days in the UK, Canada and Australia through to currently here in Melbourne Victoria about six weeks ago.

2/. Private rooms in serviced apartments with female make up artists whom I have come to know and treasure

3/. Makeovers at these ladies premises and then “out into the wide wide world”.

And another one coming up next week…. Think it’s time Caty went for a “day in the country”

The “proof in  the pudding” is all photos in my public profile were taken after a professional makeover. I can do my own make up, but the “pro jobs” are best for my “public disguise” of the male me.

Happy dressing

Caty

Hi Stacy,

I answered  – other.  Let me explain.

Many years ago I saw a newspaper advertisement for a makeover so I called to schedule a reservation.  It was being held in a local hotel/motel and the area beauty consultant had reserved several adjourning conference rooms.  I wanted to attend enfemme so I did.  Not knowing what to expect, I arrived early and asked at the reception desk where to go and was directed to a room and welcomed.  I was given a sample bag with some “goodies” and thanked her.  After about ten minutes four or five other women had arrived.  By now I was nervous but feeling rather giddy enjoying something women do.

The demo was held by the Mary Kay regional manager and an associate.  No one seemed bothered that a cross dresser was in their midst enjoying being a Lady.  The next hour flew by as she covered face masks, eyes, lips and skin tone.  We got to use some of what was in the sample bag like the mask and astringent.

She had some of the Mary Kay cosmetics brand cosmetics available and I ordered a few things including a fragrant apricot scent I rather liked.  There were refreshments too!  Her business card was included so one might contact her to reorder an item they wanted.

Alice

Anonymous

My first makeover was recent, and the first time to show Bettylou’s “true” face. With it, I said goodbye to my shyness about presenting en femme or in a “mixed” wardrobe. I did like the result and will be back for more; but it was mostly my liberation event.

I’ve had my makeup done a few times now.

First was in Cardiff, Wales. I found a makeup artist on the internet who did makeup lessons in her flat. Mainly GGs but she specifically mentioned CDs on her website. She did one side of my face and I did the other. She was great but did slightly overcomplicate things for a beginner.

Then a few weeks ago I went on business to California. I had quite a bit of spare time between meetings and I used that to dress. On three occasions I booked into ULTA to get my makeup done. Before my first appointment I emailed head office to check they were OK with a CD booking. They sent a nice email back essentially saying that they are in the business of making people look and feel beautiful and they don’t discriminate between different types of people.

Each time I got my make up done they were great. One of the three rushed things a little but the other two went well over the official time. No awkwardness at all. I was just treated like a lady. From my point view the best bit of it was being able to interact with someone, whilst in fem mode just chatting naturally about girly things like clothes and makeup.

I really recommend it. Go for it Stacy!

Anonymous

Yes.

First two times it was years ago, and wouldn’t really think of those as real makeovers…

Once at Glamour Shots. They were supposed to do my makeup but when I got there to my appointment, their makeup girl was out on her break, and since I was already made up, one of the ladies there just touched up my makeup.

Second was visiting friends in MSP. I went with a stylist, and she did my hair (Really nicely!) but then same scenario, I was already made up and time was getting short before a support group meeting I was going to be attending, so again, just a touch-up.

More recently, about 3 years ago, I did get a makeover at a place South of LAX. (Or was it from OAK?) at a TG specialized place. While she did a good job, I have to say that it wasn’t anything that I wouldn’t have been able to do myself. Kind of blah.

Lastly, this past April. I wanted to have a Bridal photo session. Hired a pro-makeup artist to come and do my makeup. I explained her what I wanted, she was totally cool with it, she got started, during the conversation told me how her brother did drag, so she got it, no problem, worked some more, and then the reveal…. YIKES! She did a bridal-drag makeover! I wasn’t happy. That is not what I had asked her to do. I was so disappointed!

So, not very lucky with makeovers myself… Hopefully there will be another one in my future, who knows? Maybe it will be worth it after the previous fiasco.

Gaby

Leslie
      Lady

Yes I have gone 4 times to women who specialize in makeovers for CDs. Three of those occasions I have gone to the same person because she makes me feel so comfortable every time. She is like a good friend when she talks to me. I always have nice lingerie on and she helps me find a wig before she applies the makeup and nails. I am always amazed at how I look afterwards and the feeling is one of the best in the world. If you have never had a makeover do not hesitate to book one. You will feel so much better about being a CD and accepting yourself for who you are.

I have had several makeovers, each time I was en femme and each time was a great learning experience. The girls who did my makeover were so nice and so helpful! My first time was at “C” cosmetics, I learned a lot about colors. That was quite a few years ago. My next one was at a Merle Norman studio.
      Lynn glammed me up like never before and showed me how to do my eye makeup prettier than I had ever done before and with false eyelashes! My last one was my favorite though, it was at a Sephora studio in a mall.
      I walked into the Mall en femme and strolled to the Sephora studio, had a wonderful time being made up. In anticipation All I had on for make up going in was a bit of mascara and some lipstick. Holly showed me a lot about contouring and when I left I felt beautiful. I was so happy and feeling so femme, I went shopping and tried on clothes in several shops in the mall. When I came home that day, I had two new dresses and three new bras all on sale!

Anonymous

I’ve never had a makeover but I would love to have one as soon as possible x I think it’s part of the process of being a cross-dresser that you want to look as much like a woman as possible and not just like a man in drag, it’s one of my dreams to have a professional makeover with a professional photographer taking pictures of me as Roz xxxxx

I’m glad you made this poll about “Have you ever had a makeover”.

It hasn’t been a priority for me to wear make up, but I wouldn’t mind trying it.  I’ve mostly concentrated on the clothes side of dressing as a woman, and I’ve been very happy about that, but I know very few people in real life to help with with make up etc.

Roxy641

What Rozalyne Richards said is exactly my thoughts on the matter. I hope before it all ends for me, I’ll be able to find the courage to have that makeover I’ve longed dreamed of. I think a professional transformation studio, specializing in CD transformations, might be able get this old male wreck looking like a plain old lady! Which is more than I could ever hope for.

Anonymous

Hi Caryn , don’t miss out on a professional crossdressing makeover service , it’s truly amazing what a professional can do xx Tiff

I go regularly

Anonymous

Hi Stacy Ann , I go every quarter for a professional crossdressing makeover , it’s heavenly , incredibly fun & astounding what can be done.

My wife and I agreed to the 4 per year , she’s well aware how fulfilling it is for me . I go during my work time & the cost doesn’t infringe upon our lives xx Tiff

Hi Stacey

Yes, kind of, by accident🤣

I wanted to try Estée Lauder doublewear foundation, but it is expensive so wanted to make sure I got the right shade. I decided to go to a beauty counter, but was afraid I would be recognised so travelled to another city to guarantee anonymity. I stalked the Estee counter until there were no customers about them just went for it. I picked up one of the double wear bottles and a beautician approached with a smile and a ‘can I help?’.

Trying to stay calm I said ‘I have heard great things about your doublewear foundation but want to make sure I get the right shade?’

She said no problem and invited me behind the counter to a stool thankfully facing away from the shop floor and facing a wall of makeup.

She then started the interrogation: ‘Is it for you?Will you be wearing it everyday?Do you wear fake tan?Are you wearing any make up at the moment?’ As we chatted I started to relax and felt she treated me as she would have treated a woman. She then pointed a machine at my face and voila I’m pure beige🤣🤣🤣I thanked her and went for my credit card when she said ‘would you like to see it on?’

Cue pregnant pause.

Then, trying not to show my excitement too much said ‘yes OK’

She first applied a serum to my face then set about me with her brush. Showed me the result in her make up mirror, Bliss! Then she said ‘would you like me to put on some fixing powder, it helps the foundation last longer and increases the coverage?’ Yes please! Out came a different brush and she set to work again, heaven. Again our came the mirror, then ‘can I put some concealer under your eyes?’ Yes yes, then ‘can I put some bronzer on? You have great cheekbones and it will really make them pop’ yesyesyes. Then she said ‘would you like me to put on some lipstick?’ Ye mmmm have to walk through the shopping mall to get back to the car so had to stop there.

I loved every second and learned lots. I know she was on commission but didn’t try any hard sell. I only went for the foundation, but got the powder as well, helps coverage, makes the foundation last longer, and as a kind of tip for her. I left the counter on cloud nine with a bag of freebies she gave me, including the lippy she was going to apply. She also gave me her number and told me to make an appointment as she has a colleague who can do wonderful things with eyes😃 She also said she has had other men at her counter for themselves. I have learned the biggest barriers are in our heads and if you just go for it nothing bad happens, indeed usually wonderful things happen.

Hope this helps.

love

B

I have never had a professional makeover done.  Everything so far is self-taught thanks to YouTube.  But I intend to have a pro makeover done next year when my SO takes off for a long weekend with a couple of her girlfriends.

I’m in the Milwaukee area and there is a place/business near me called TGMiss (www.tgmiss.com).  I might use them but they are very expensive.  Wondering if anyone in the Milwaukee or Chicago areas can recommend a place for makeovers whether it is TG/CD oriented or just a regular business that is TG friendly.

I am currently having electrolysis done to face and neck.  By the time I have the makeover done (thinking April 2020), I should be close to 100% smooth and hair-free.  Now that will be wonderful to not have to worry about a close shave/5 o’clock shadow and hair appearing later in the day/evening after doing this.  Wondering how some of you other ladies have contended with this and if your pro makeovers gave you advice on how to deal with the hair/nubs.

Hope your wish comes true next year Anne. Electrolysis sounds like a good idea. Why don’t more do it ! Is it expensive?

For me it’s just a really close shave with a new razor, moisturise and voila smooth, for a 1/2 day at least before any sign of hair. Long enough to my alter ego out to play🤣🤣🤣

Hi Bianca….for sure laser and electrolysis are expensive and many cannot afford it.  I’m fortunate that I am able to have it done.  I only wish I had decided to do this when I was younger.  Better late than never as they say.  Already a razor glides so easily across my cheeks and around my mouth with most hair gone.

Anonymous

Anne,

I cannot recommend other places. I have had a makeover at TGMiss and I couldn’t recommend it any higher. I realize that they are expensive, however for me it was a bargain. It is truly amazing how good you can look. It was the first time in my life where I could look at myself in the mirror or at a picture and adore how I look. It was life altering. Everyone who worked with me on the photo shoot were so accepting that the day felt completely natural for me. I wrote an article about my experience, for more details:

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/i-am-miranda/

You can also see several photos from the makeover in my public photos.  Also, I wrote a testimonial on the TGMiss website. The website itself is a great resource as it has a section about posing that is fantastic.

I think all girls should have at least one professionally done makeover. It is so much fun if you can fit into your budget

If you would to ask any questions or chat about the experience please do so.

Anonymous

Anne: Almost any of the major makeup companies are CD friendly. I had a very good experience with Sephora. Most of them want you to buy around $50 worth of product.

Originally I had a couple of makeover sessions with a semi-retired makeup professional. She had been a makeup person for movies and theater companies. I was traveling to Atlanta on business a lot and she was just outside of town. I learned a lot about technique from her. That was in 2013 and 2015. In 2016 I had a makeover done by a MAC professional in preparation to going to a event. It turned out OK but later on when using the same shades in different lighting, I looked sort of grayed out (slightly cadaverish). My wife was the first to notice this. I talked to one of their online consultants and she hooked me up with some slightly warmer shades for concealer and foundation. That has worked well…

Anonymous

I had a girl who worked at Catherines help me one time and I looked ok, there is a place in Black Mountain that does it professionally and I am trying to get a session set up. They do things like move you into a complete passable fem so I’m waiting to get an appointment for them to work on me, I may stay that way for quite a while.

Marianne
      Ambassador

I had made my own makeup for many years and thought myself quite proficient by the time I went public in 2012. However l was intrigued, wanting to see how good I could look with a professional makeover, but did not really know how to get one. I had read about special places in US and UK, that did CD/TG makeovers and even helped with going out dressed for shopping, dining etcetera, but there doesn’t seem to be any such services in Sweden.

For my 50th birthday, my relatives had joined together, presenting me with a gift card for a personal experience. The card was issued through an online company named LiveIt.se and their extensive catalogue contained everything from parachute jumping or driving a Ferrari or Lambourghini on a race track to romantic dinners or ghost hunts in medieval castles. I searched long and well, but nothing really stood out to me until l one day stumbled upon “Model for a day”! The description said you should bring at least two outfits and would be given a professional makeup in a style of your own choice and one hour in studio with a professional photographer. The package came in two sizes with either one photo to keep for $100 or ten photos for $160. You could also have the makeup artist help you with hair styling for an additional $50. The service was available in Stockholm and Gothenburg,  and was clearly aimed primarily at girls and young women with model dreams, but would they accept a 50 years old CD? Since the company providing the service wasn’t disclosed, I sent a request to the customer service at LiveIt. Only two days later, i got a message that they had done CDs before and l was welcome to book an appointment with Model House Stockholm, which I promptly did!

On the day of the event, I took the train to Stocholm, travelling in drab, armed with a duffle bag containing five carefully picked outfits, two of whoch bought especially for the occasion. I also brought two wigs, a light brown synthetic one and a darker made of real hair. After check in at the reception desk, I  excused myself to the bathroom, there l changed into the dress that was my first choice for wearing, and then sat down in a chair, waiting for my time slot.

As the makeup artist called me and asked what I had in mind, l answered that I wanted a natural female look to release the woman inside me and that she was free to choose what she thought would look best on me. We looked at the wigs and decided to go with the human hair as it could be appropriately styled and after that she went yo work. It was fascinating to see the result, slowly transforming the middle aged man to a younger beautiful woman. With the makeup ready, I was directed to another seat to have my hair styled into a lovely mass of waves and curles completing the picture of confident stylish woman.

The photographer was equally skilled and professional. Together we looked through the putfits I had brought and though only two wer guaranteed, he thought we could managed four if l didn’t need to much time to change.

We started with the dress l already had on, an blue on white leaf print with fitted bodice and a flared skirt ending mid calves, which I had chosen to wear with tan pantyhose and white court shoes with a mid heel. After that I changed into my favourite royal blue full lrngth sheat style lace gown, then yet another dress in blue and finally a black skirt and white blouse worn with black mid heel sandals. All the time I was directed to look thst way and this, standing or sitting with different back drops and furniture.

An hour fly fast when you are enjoying yourself, and finally it was time to change back into the first dress and wait for the pictures to be processed and sorted. After some minutes I was asked to look them over and make my choices. I had decided to go woith the large package of ten photos, but soon realised it was very hard to choose with so many good looking pictures of me. After some discussion we settled on another $100 to recieve the full album of 142 photos on a compact disc, making the total cost of $310 somewhere inbetween the large Model-for-a-day package and their simplest Model Portfolio at $500.

With everything sorted out and payed for, I asked if it would be ok to leave my bag for a stroll out in the city and was assured that was ok. Wandering through the streets, I could see people actually making notice of me, sometimes taking another look as if I was someone they ought to recognise. I went into a high end clothing store and checked through a few racks before finally returning to Model House Stockholm to remove my makeup and fetch my bag for the trip back home after a marvellous day.

I have since that first time had two makeup lessons including partial makeovers at Make UP Store in the A6 mall in Jönköping and at a Beauty parlour named Creative Makeup By Her, in my home town Uppsala. I have also attended a half day evening class at a study center.

If I am to do anything more in a professional style, it would be a full bridal experience, with a salon style makeover and hairdo and photographs taken both in studio and outdoors.

Love you all my blessed friends.

Marianne

My wife now ex wife did my makeup one time for me. So it was like a makeover too me since that was the first time I had ever seen a woman looking back at me. It was awesome for me but not so good for my wife. She never did my makeup again but she did see me fully crossdressed a lot over the years after that. I learned too do my own makeup from watching her over the years we were married and trial and error.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I’ve had many makeovers. Most of them was at establishments specializing in catering to CD’s. It was usually with other CD’s and it was so much fun. A few times I went with other CD’s to a makeup counter. I was dressed fully fem and was quite nervous about it. Didn’t enjoy it as much.

Not yet Stacy Ann. Actually my wife has located a MTF makeup professional in Toronto and asked me if that was something I would like to do. She said “it would probably be quite fun and we may learn from it”. I gladly accepted her offer. After the makeover if you wish to go out dressed and don’t have an outfit, you can rent one for the evening and drop it off in the morning. I think I will suggest that we do it for Valentines Day.

Haven’t had a makeover yet but I would love to have one. Its actually been on my to-do list fkr several years and would love to be fully en-femme and have a photo shoot afterwards. That would just be the best.

Take care girls.

Anne-Marie.

First time was my sister preparing me for our first double-date in college. She had fixed us up with two guys from her math class. We did dinner and a movie. He was holding my hand and trying to feel me up! He never did know that I was a boy until the next summer at a swim party when I had a wardrobe malfunction on the dive board!

I’ve had several makeovers including at a couple of salons where I contacted them in advance explaining that i was a CDer wanting a makeover.  I went in either dressed androgynously, or en femme.  I have also had a couple of makeovers for photoshoots where the makeover (and hairstyling) was part of the photoshoot.  These were businesses that provide services for women who wanted a special photo for the special person in their life.  Again, i called in advance to explain myself, and went in en femme.  The best of these was absolutely fantastic – – it was the first time i was totally convinced that i could pass as a woman and i have never felt as feminine in all my life.

Anonymous

Yes and it was sensational and I couldn’t stop looking at myself in the mirror. Just sitting and having my makeup put on sent my tummy so butterfly mad. Going through the nylon lingerie had me reeling with excitement. I chose all nylon underwear with a garter belt and stockings. Choosing a dress was omg and chose a little black number to go with my nearly black stockings. I forgot to mention that my lingerie was a red nylon set and oh so sexy. My hair was blonde and a bob style so striking and making me feel so wow I was nearly in tears . I have never experienced anything so mind blowing.

[postquote quote=250518][/postquote]
      Tracee

The makeover & photoshoot thing you mentioned is one of my femme dreams and as such really inspiring to me

It must have been an absolutely fantastic experience to look in the mirror and see the professionally made up you and then to see the photos of your femme self and to have them as a record of your adventure. Wow! Can’t say anything more just Wow!

Thanx for posting this. You have really, really inspired me.

Take care Tracee.

Anne- Marie.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

<p style=”text-align: center;”>‘THE MAKEOVER THAT NEVER MADE IT”</p>
      <p style=”text-align: center;”>Caty Ryan.</p>
      For quite some months I had been looking forward to the time when once more, my beloved would be absent for (this time around), four whole days…. And of course I planned a makeover from day 2 of her absence. Make up artist and “overnight to be Caty”, accommodation booked. (Cant come and go as Caty in the retirement village where I live. Too many  “unpaid security guards” looking out their windows).

An added bonus was the fact that a long time interstate CD friend’s trip to Melbourne happily co-incided with the above dates. Having done my share of Caty shopping trips, the plan this time around was to “take a drive in the country” to a place called Daylesford, aka the LGBTI “capital” of regional Victoria.

But sadly, in the end, it all went pear shaped. a/. My make up artist had a bad dose of the flu b/. I had a rotten night’s sleep the night before my booked makeover and was in no condition even to do the 90 min drive to Daylesford c/. As I feared, the weather turned out to be too hot, (26’c)  for “full coverage” Caty, (aka too much body hair to cover up), to even think about it even if she was wide awake.

So I had to settle for a coffee in her room with Patricia on the Sunday afternoon. Same place I had booked, but of course could not now stay myself.

BUT ALL WAS NOT LOST

I had a lovely Caty afternoon and evening next day on the Monday  Fully made up dressed in my “corporate” black skirt, stockings and heels and white blouse with black trim. Slept with my forms on and next morning had a lovely “femme shower”, before jumping in the car and heading (in drab) to Daylesford for the day. Checked out the tourist bureau and accommodation centre and now have lots of “leads” on trans friendly accommodation up there. So that one day from autumn on next year, Caty will go up there for the night, (maybe even two nights!!) ….

It’s also a lovely spot to take my beloved for a few days. Lots of interesting shops for her and plenty of my favorite Victorian wineries within driving distance for me  As the male me of course and ensure that Caty stays in a different place to the “happy couple”.

Got back about 3pm and changed into my very “glam” in my blue off the shoulder evening gown. The good news is that even tho I’ve put on a kilo or two since I bought it four years ago, it still fits me. (I hasten to add with the aid of a bustier/torsolette….) The “back up”, (or should that be “front up”), is I did not attach my forms. Meaning if it was too tight, I could still get out of it without resorting to the “hacking scissors”. There’s something so very femme about being “constricted” from the ribs down. I had a corset ready if the torsolette did not work , but did not need it.

Once  out of that  “rig”, I“slipped into “something more comfortable”, namely “number 2″ lacy Mother of the Bride ensemble. Did not need the torsolette for that….So I adhered my forms, had “dinner for one” and then back into my femme Pj’s again for my last night of Caty freedom. Was also  able to do Caty’s laundry for the week as well.  On the line overnight, instead of drying out in my storage unit, as per previous posts.

So I guess in summary, “persistence pays”……..

Happy dressing

Caty

NB  Blue evening gown and “MOB” photos are available via my CDH profile.

Anonymous

I would love to have a makeover but have no idea where to go or who to call. Cincinnati may say thier LGBTQ they really arent.so if anyone wants to go with me and find a place id be happy to go plus i feel in numbers thanks

Jammie, i’m not at all familiar with the Cincinnati ‘scene’, but my advice is to google salon’s in your area that have makeover services (a lot of them don’t – just do hair & nails), and then email them to tell them that you’re looking for a makeover, tell them you are a CDer (or whatever description you feel is approprite), and let them know that you’d like to come in ‘en femme’ or not (whatever you feel comfortable with). Let them know you are NOT looking for a drag queen look, but just want to look as feminine as possible. Ask them to respond if they are willing and if they are not, then they will not hear from you again. Tell them that if they are willing, that you JAMMIE COLLINS will call them to set up an appointment. You will likely need to be willing to go in during regular business hours, but there might be an outside chance that they would do it after hours. Good luck. Tracee, xoxo

Melissa Davis
        Baroness

Based on the experience of a number of people, I think yiu’d be treated well at Sephora.
        Good luck.

Anonymous

My Ulta makeover was very satisfying; I was offered “glamorous” or “natural” looks, and I went with the latter. My next visit is going to be a lesson, so I can learn to properly do this myself.

Ive only been dressing for the past 6 months and my SO has been supportive and even helped me with dressing and makeup.  I scheduled a makeover at Ulta and went in in full dress.  I was treated wonderfully by the staff and many of them stopped by to say how great I looked.  I would encourage anyone to go in dressed into a salon.  I had the makeover that included makeup instruction which was very helpful.  My makeup picture is my mini portrait for this website.  The complete picture is in my gallery.  Makeovers make you feel so completely feminine.  You go girl!

I’ve had full make-up done twice in 2019. I loved the result both times and the difference it made. The first time a special private friend “glammed me up” and I was being Brittney. The second time was at an Ulta Beauty store. I went to the appointment in drab. However after the make-over, I was attending a special semi-private event later that evening and changed into my female clothes back at my motel room.

If you are familiar with the MAC loyalty program, I am MAC Obsessed. This is their highest category and I have been in this category for the past 3 years and will be for 2020. Among other things, this means I am entitled to 2 free makeovers a year. I scheduled one for the afternoon of my birthday a week and a half ago as I was going to a Holiday gathering that evening.

I brought all of the items that I currently used so that the makeup artist could understand where things currently sat. Essentially I was OK with what she did. I agreed to let her do 2 things that I don’t do: eye shadow and blush. There are a couple of reasons I don’t do either one. First, it would be 2 more things to get practiced up on. The second is that I am usually crunched for time when I get dressed, so both of those techniques would add to the overall time to get ready. Anyway, both effects turned out well, so I may have to consider getting sorted out on the techniques. Of course, the downside is that there would be 2 more items to buy and replace and makeup is NOT cheap! With the extra steps the process took about an hour, which is close to what it takes me.

Anyway, in total, it was a very pleasant experience!

Alysha
      Lady

Yes would like to, but with a beard that is impossible. Haven’t seen my face in 50 years without it.

Alysha

Yes I had makeovers, at least 4 but more likely 5 with professional Makeup artists.

These were with Lancome National Makeup Artists that travel the world for work and regularly work with company models and movie actors but they also come to counters for events.

All have been at busy mall locations and you sit right next to mall isles. I was really nervous the first time sitting there as I removed my makeup and let the Pro go to work. They have all been wonderful and treated me perfectly. I don’t think you can receive better help with colors and products then in a situation like this and highly recommend having one if possible.

Not exactly on subject but finding and taking makeup lessons from a professional is something I highly recommend and worth the cost.

Sandy

Seren
      Baroness

Quite randomly yes.
      I’ve written about this before, but I’d recommend Sephora to anyone.
      I went en drab, initially just for advice but ended up with the full works. Absolutely loved it, weirdly not at all arousing (probably as I was flipping between concentrating on making mental notes on technique and being nervous….!)

S x

I would love to have a makeover, but since I don’t live alone, and in the closet, I am afraid to do so.  Someday, I will, when I am not so scared to be found out.

I had a make over done by a very smart,accepting ,and wonderful MaryKay lady.I scheduled an appointment and she came to my house and shortly there after Michelle came out in all her feminine glory.I started out with very subtle shades and have since grown into Michelle s having fun with different colors and perfumes.Please search the internet for leads and then tell them up front what your situation is and I think you will be pleasently surprised.Dont give up if some dont reply,just keep searching and enjoy the results.

Leonara
      Ambassador

What a wonderful story thank you for sharing

Anonymous

My makeover was a revelation and was the catalyst for my journey into crossdressing.  I had thought about having a makeover for a long time (more out of curiosity to see what I would look like than anything else) before I took the plunge and booking one.  I went in drab due to nerves, self-consciousness and the fact that I had no femme clothes.  I really didn’t know what to expect and was worried that the girls in the salon might have a laugh at my expense.  I needn’t have – they were all lovely, very reassuring and quickly put me at ease.

I was invited to change into an outfit (I chose a strapless top and a miniskirt) and then take a seat while I had my makeover.  I loved every minute and was amazed how a very ordinary guy could be transformed into a not unattractive woman.

As I said, that experience was a catalyst for me to become a crossdresser (albeit a closet one).  Within a few days I had bought my first bra, breast forms, dress, makeup and nail varnish.  The wig and shoes followed a little later.

I would say to anyone who is new to crossdressing, or has yet to experience the thrill of it, to have a makeover if you possibly can but make sure that photographs are included in the price so that you can have a reminder of your day.  You will not regret it!

Anonymous

Hi girls and ladies Kelly Ann here when everything goes back to normal I’m planning a full feminine make over so I’ll put my face out there cant wait stay safe stay strong hugs and kisses Kelly Ann💞💞💞💋💋💋

Anonymous

Almost but, no.

I have never CD outside, last year my wife and I booked a trip to Las Vegas. Our plan to pop my cherry was for me to get a professional make over in a local transformation salon then head out on the town.

To prepare for the trip I bought a new dress from Enfemme.com and upon arrival in Vegas we hit the outlet mall and I got some new shoes, earrings  and a purse. We arrived at our condo off the strip and we discovered there was a fly in the ointment; mandatory valet parking! You see my plan was to get dressed, sneak to the underground parking and drive to the transformation studio.

We had a few days from arrival to the appointment and I had time to run a few scenarios through my head.  I was dreading going down to the lobby and waiting for the car with 30-50  people who were in line for their cars. In the end I didn’t have the courage to get out of the room. We did end up having a nice evening with both of us wearing dresses.

Maybe next time.

-Caroline

I’d love to get a makeover but lake the courage to find someplace to have it done. Hopefully, I’ll find the courage to have one done.

Emily
      Lady

My best answer is “not yet”. It’s definitely in my must do list! Thanks for the question!

Rosiebeth
      Lady

Yes. My girlfriend years ago was studying to become a hair dressing.  She convinced me to  let her use me in practicing for her courses.  See did all kinds of make up combos, did my hair and sometimes she convinced me to dress up all the way so see could see the whole package and if the make up worked with the outfits.  It was a most heavenly time.    I got to dress and enjoy it and feel girlie without her knowing but I think she may have know I enjoyed it.

yes I have and absolutely loved it. My profile picture was the first time Nikki came out and I was absolutely astounded. I immediately made another appointment to learn how to apply my makeup so I can do it at home and go out more. Definitely recommend it.

Anonymous

yes, quite a few, the first couple of times i had makeovers done were at a now defunct service in philadelphia called cdtips,  the owner lynda was a very nice gg and i thought she really did a good job transforming me into a woman but as the years went by her prices steadily rose to the point where i couldn’t afford them, that’s when i discovered true colors makeup artistry, as good as i thought lynda had made me look, amanda richards truly made me look fantastic, to the point that i felt that i really was a woman, i’ve now had about 12 transformations done by amanda and each time she really can bring my inner lady out,  i would really like to visit elizabeth taylor’s salon in maryland and i am hoping to go after this virus has been defeated, would also love to go to tg miss as well

Not yet! My SO and I have discussed this and she is all in to take me! Now we just have to wait until services are available again and then find a time for a trip away from the kids to give Rebecca her first makeover! I can’t wait!

Leslie
      Lady

You will be glad that you did. It is a wonderful experience. You are lucky that your SO is willing to go with you.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

No I haven’t had one myself.  But damn, I am really curious as to how it would turn out.  I think I would be amazed with myself!  More than likely start crying with happiness when looking at myself in the mirror …

Stevie

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I’d like to get a makeover!

My wife and I also discussed taking a makeup class together. She’s never been a big makeup girl, and has admitted to being somewhat limited in her ability to assist me in covering up my maleness.

I also agreed to do spa days with her, getting mani/pedi with color of her choice. Maybe we can do facial, mani, pedi, and makeover all at once…who knows?!

Dala

Mikki G
      Lady

Actually, 3 of the answers apply:

• By a friend, in drab;
      • By a friend, in femme; and
      • At a counter, in drab.
      Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I definitely want to get a makeover. Hopefully it will happen.

Hugs, Liara

Valerie Kennedy
      Baroness

I have had makeovers at a salon that I found, starting about two years ago. It was such dumb luck. I was traveling about an hour away from my house at a place that was less developed than where I lived. It seemed like a good balance between open space where I could avoid crowds and not being too rural and isolated. I went on google maps and looked for salons in the area, then checked their websites. There was one that was offset from the road by a bit that was a standalone store and not in a strip mall. The privacy made a big difference for what I was looking for at that time. The owner got back to me by email, said she hadn’t done a CD makeover before but loved the idea, and said I could come at the end of the day when we would have the place to ourselves. The MUA is one of the kindest, most interesting people I have met. I would honestly say we have become friends.

The first time I went to her place, I went in drab with shapewear under jeans and a hoodie. Got my makeover and drove back to the hotel en femme. First time driving in heals!! A little detail I didn’t consider beforehand. Last January I drove to her place en femme, with wig but no makeup. Mask helped! It was dark outside and I didnt have a long walk to the car so I made it. Although taking the elevator down in a very small hotel, I opened the door to the concierge giving the intro speech to a couple checking in, waiting for the elevator. The husband didn’t even notice me. The wife did, but I smiled, looked down, and walked through the small lobby.

I have another appointment tomorrow, and staying at the same hotel. Looking forward to it!

Yael Lyons
      Duchess

I have had a couple done but makeup only. This coming Monday I am going to have a complete makeover. Hair, makeup, nails, clothes, and possibly going out en-femme. I can hardly wait.

Ashley
      Lady

I haven’t had one yet but it’s definitely one of my short term goals. Along with getting my ears pierced. Which I will probably do first now that I think about it. I’ll need some earrings for a complete look I think 🙂

Prudence
      Ambassador

I have had several. The first was at Ulta. But I found a salon near me. I was their first CD’r. It’s a small town, but all the Ladies there are so cool! I always go in femme.  Hugs Stacy!

Anonymous

I had one done at the MAC Cosmetic counter at International Plaza in Tampa. I was going out that night, but was still dressed in drab and had made an appt through a friend with a CD/Trans friendly artist there. Marco did a fabulous job and gave me quite a few samples to go along with what I bought! MAC Cosmetics are so nice, they apply evenly and look fabulous! Good makeup is worth the money for sure.

Haley

Anonymous
        Lady

I can also say that I had a tremendous experience (in drab) at a MAC store in an airport. The lady couldn’t have been nicer to help me find my foundation color!

Have had many and do enjoy the experience. I remember my first one where my friends didnt even recognize me. I was so excited and behaved like a tart. Now I go to ultra on occasion and the ladies treat me wonderful. Everyone here should experience it at least once

Robin
      Lady

For a long time I had a fantasy of going to a place called Emerald Fantasy in Seattle. I thought it would be so life-changing, but of course I never went. They made it sound like I’d have a guide/mentor who would transform me and then yak with me on a girlfriend-day in the city. I think they’ve since gone out of business. Probably too good to be true anyway.
      Last summer, I made an appointment at a Sephora store for a makeover. I was going to go there drab and dress up when I got home. In the comment window on the reservation page, I told them I was a genetic male wanting help in looking like the female I felt myself to be. While I was freaking out about what I was planning to do, they emailed and cancelled my appointment without explanation.
      Oh well, maybe both would’ve ended badly.
      Lol – Can you tell that my heritage is Irish?

MRSPdr
      Duchess

No i have not , but i woupd love too. And then im a sub for awhile 🙂

CaseyP
      Lady

Yes, last month. It was at a professional’s house. She formerly had a crossdress/transformation studio, but was forced to give it up and still does makeover’s on the side. I went dressed casually femme with breasts, nails and a purse, but no wig or makeup. She did a wonderful makeover and i borrowed a dress. I finally looked like i have always felt. It was amazing and I will definitely do it again. A pic is on my public photos page.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by CaseyP.
      Anonymous
      Lady

YES!!!  It was my Best Day Ever!!  And thanks for making me think of it because it ALWAYS makes me smile!!

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/forums/topic/the-best-day-ever-so-far-for-me/

*kisses* tara 🙂

Krissy
        Lady

Not been for one for a age but yes had 1 or 2 and Iove them!

Krissy
        Lady

Yep its what keeps me going having a makeover, inspires me to keep travelling towards destination female! Only one stop away now. X

Janice
      Duchess

While I have been dressing secretly most of my life; I came out in 2017 and went to a professional for a makeover en femme. It was a very exhilarating experience. This woman gave me such confidence in my appearance that when I left her, I went shopping. Although she is no longer in business, we became friends and see each other quite often.

I have one scheduled for 3/24. Not my first but I am totally excited.

In fact, tomorrow is my monthly appointment with my therapist and I get to dress for that appointment. And I have reason to work from home tomorrow so a day of dressing and an outing.

Then next week I’m taking the day off for the makeover and I will be filling in the day with as much Darcy fun as I can manage!

Needless to say I’m super excited to have this much time packed together like this! Yay!

I would absolutely love to have a full makeover, plus a full mani/pedi with a full set a acrylics. If I could find the time and place and funds to do it I wouldn’t hesitate.
      Sadly it’s just not practical for me right now. But it’s on my bucket list for sure.

Anonymous

yes i have and it is always such a thrill the last one was by lady ellan in NJ she is such a lovely lady but i dont think she does them any more .i have some photos under private photos .does  anyone know of a place in HUDSON VALLEY NY  that does makeovers for girls like us   HUGS JACKIE

Hi all,

Yes, I’ve had 2 done since 2019. I had always struggled with makeup application and so I figured I really needed some help with it. The first makeover I had done was simply a makeover, she applied the makeup, touching on the basic aspects of foundation, concealer, eyes, and lips(she was NOT a professional). Although it was a good experience and I asked a lot of questions and I really loved the way I looked, I felt I needed a more serious hands on session. So I did a little research and found someone that fit the bill.

By far, the second experience was a more comprehensive and utterly more hands on experience; simply because the woman who did that makeover was a professional makeup artist(she had worked for almost 20 years in Hollywood) who not only showed me the basic techniques for applying makeup, but took the time to explain what she was doing and why ,and had an abundance of patience and understanding while I was applying it myself and asking the myriad number of questions I asked. What she did was, she had me apply my makeup to one side of my face, then she herself did the other side. The comparison between both applications was truly stunning but, by her guiding me when I was doing it myself and then watching her apply it to the other half ,I got a really good feel for how it was done. She then “touched up” my side so it was more in line with the side she had done. Best of it all, she matched my skin tone to the foundation color(she was a proponent of MAC & I still use the shade she selected) that suited my face and for that alone, it was so much worth working with a professional!

I learned so much in that 4 hour session!! It was comparable to the old parable that if you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day ,but teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime……….teach a cross-dresser who had almost no skills whatsoever in the makeup department……..well you know!! She gave me the confidence to apply my makeup on my own and for that, I am forever grateful to her!! She was a wonderful and kind human being.

Thank you for letting me share!

Best wishes,

Jennifer

I’ve had three full makeovers, all with Beth Taylor, who is currently located in Tacoma Park, MD. Each time, the experience was delightful beyond words. Beth is an absolute magician and can make anyone look and feel truly feminine.

I went to a dressing service in drab, changed into femme whilst there,  borrowed some inserts and then had the makeover. Enjoyed the experience, the lady was lovely and it was the first time anyone other than SO had seen me en femme. As for the result, my expectations were too high. In my head I was aiming for Kardashian and in reality,  I’m more Roseanne Barr.  I resembled my sister. Not a good outcome.   Would I do it again? Maybe, but somewhere else where they have industrial strength makeup and somewhere to socialise / go out in public afterwards.

Anonymous

Would love a makeover someday but the closest that I’ve come so far was a consult with a Jecca Blac rep over video conference. It was still helpful but mostly it was just me asking questions. They do however let you submit a photo then they’ll recommend what tints you should use. I guess that’s pretty helpful and personalized. Not the same as looking fabulous at the end though.

— Abbie 🥰

I hired a make up artist who also worked as a hairdresser at a Baltimore salon and to come to my photo shoots and make not just myself over but all the girls I worked with including GG’s. The difference in your look a great make up artist can make is the difference between day and night.

Once Greg began doing my make up people thought I had gone for facial feminization. It was all his make up that made such a difference.

<script src=”moz-extension://a5db4fb3-7504-42a5-af80-56e622fefbfe/js/app.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>

Yep, had one it was amazing. I struggle with applying makeup, but Andrew did a fantastic job, what a difference expertly applied makeup makes you look.
      I went drab and changed there.
      I have another one booked for Wednesday, cannot wait, have treated myself to some new dresses to wear on the day.
      I will post photo’s after.
      Would fully recommend it to anyone it made me feel so special. xx

Sophie
      Lady

I have always wanted a professional makeover, the closest I got was when a gay friend made me up for Halloween 30 years ago but I was not really a CD back then and he wasn’t the best makeup stylist.

I would get one in a heartbeat now but I am poor and could never afford it really.

I would love to have a makeover.  But, I am still in the closet, and don’t live alone, so I don’t know how I would be able to explain it, while still hiding dressing en femme.

I went to a CD friendly makeover studio in Largo Florida.  I went in in drab and came out totally en femme.   I absolutely loved my experience. The staff was very professional in everything they did.  I brought some of my own things with me (panties) and they provided a bra that they recommended, forms, shapewear, pantyhose.  They started with my fingernails and toenails.   Then moved to makeup.   Finally the wig and styling of it.   The whole time I was sipping a nice wine.    Then the time to get dressed and take some pictures arrived.   Many pictures later we left to go have lunch as my true self.    My fist time out as a woman.   A nice lunch at an outdoor cafe.   Then a nice shopping trip.   Then we returned to her place and she restyled me in another outfit. I was ready to depart for a dinner date with another CD.   In all I had the most heavenly experience of my life.
      love and hugzzz Ginny.

No I have not. I have always wondered what kind of magic could be preformed and would love to try. But Im a secret closeted dresser and don’t know how I could do it and keep it discrete.

Yes at it was wonderful. Arrived in drab and got dressed there. God I couldn’t believe how good I looked and felt.

Viewing 85 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?