Have you ever tried on clothing en femme in a woman's dressing room?

This poll asks if you've ever tried on women's clothing while you're out shopping in a woman's dressing room

You must be logged in to participate.
  • Yes, and it was wonderful!
  • No, but I plan to soon
  • No, I want to but haven't yet
  • No, I'm scared to do that
  • Creator
    Topic
    Holly Morris
    Participant
    Registered On: April 15, 2022
    Topics: 45
    Replies: 109

Hi ladies!

One of the most wonderful things about being a crossdresser is that we get to experience many of the same things that real women do. This is especially true for those of us who present ourselves as women out in the real world. For me, shopping is one of my favorite things to do en femme, it doesn’t matter if it’s grocery shopping or shopping for lingerie, shoes, makeup or clothing. It’s all wonderful to be done as a woman!

And one of my very favorite things to do when I’m out and about is to go clothes shopping. There’s just something so peaceful, yet exhilarating at the same time about being able to browse through dresses, blouses, skirts, and more and hold them up to me to see how they might look. Let’s face it, that’s not so easy to do in male mode, so being able to take the time and shop like a real woman does is just absolutely fantastic! And then choosing something and going into the inner sanctum, the woman’s dressing room, to actually try it on and see how it looks! I almost faint with the excitement of it all!

So of course that got me to wondering…

How many of you have ever gone clothes shopping en femme and then tried clothing on in the woman’s dressing room?

Hugs,

Holly

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Davina Ryan
      Lady
      Registered On: January 11, 2022
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 41

I’ve replied Yes, but it wasn’t wonderful though. I was an 18 year old boy, crimson with embarrassment, in the dressing room with one sales person who was helping me fasten my first ever bra (and a longline one at that) and also showing me how to attach my stockings to the suspenders on my new high-waist open girdle. And all I was conscious of was the giggling of the other assistants on the other side of the curtain. It was even worse when I emerged, walking stiffly thanks to my extremely controlling new underwear, with every pair of eyes in the lingerie department on me, either glittering with amusement or giving me an appalled glare.

It had been even worse few weeks earlier when I’d gone shopping in a different store for a panty girdle and the shocked assistant had announced in a voice loud enough to attract the attention of everyone on the floor – “you mean you’re buying it for yourself?”

From then on, whenever I needed new underwear, I would just buy things at the counter and get the hell out as quickly as possible without using the dressing rooms.

Edit: Apologies – I didn’t read the question fully. I was certainly not en femme in these shopping trips! Feel free to delete this post.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      DianaCD22
      Duchess
      Registered On: April 19, 2020
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 20

The only time I have been out shopping en-femme was on my trip to Vegas.  However, we went looking for a purse to match a pair of cute sandals that I have.  (Side note, we couldn’t find a purse 🙁     )  I haven’t thought about actually going out dressed and shopping.  I will have talk to my gf about it and plan a girls shopping trip with her.  I am sure we will have an amazing time.

Kisses

Diana

2 users thanked author for this post.
        Holly Morris
        Lady
        Registered On: April 15, 2022
        Topics: 45
        Replies: 109

Diana, I know you’ll have a wonderful time! Be sure and tell us all about it once you do!

Hugs,

Holly

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess
      Registered On: March 4, 2020
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 440

I selected a “no” choice, because I haven’t gone to the store en femme.

BUT…. I do frequently go shopping, pick what I want from the womens dept, and go try it on in the dressing room. If it fits, I buy it… I just haven’t gone to the store en femme yet…

HAve fun out there,

xoxo

Rayna

Jin Crocker
      Lady
      Registered On: November 15, 2019
      Replies: 524

Of course I try things on before taking them home. How else to determine the correct size? A classic move is to ask the sales help: “Does this dress make me look fat?”

Cerys Burton
      Lady
      Registered On: February 2, 2021
      Topics: 68
      Replies: 219

I shop in boy mode. If I’m in a women’s clothing shop, I try clothes on. If I’m in a new shop, I always ask first just in case it might be a problem. Only once has the sales assistant asked me to wait until there was no one else in the changing rooms, even though they were separate cubicles.
      If I’m in a mixed shop, I’ll go to the men’s changing room. I have stopped being embarrassed taking skirts and dresses into the men’s changing rooms 🙂

Cerys.

3 users thanked author for this post.
        Rayna Carlian
        Duchess
        Replies: 440

Same here girl! It’s just clothes… shop, try on, buy… EASY!!

Charris Stanton
      Lady
      Registered On: July 27, 2020
      Replies: 12

I remember one of the first times I was wanting to buy a very poofy tulle dress. I walked into this dress shop, which is the largest prom dress store ever and started looking at dresses in my size range. Then a kind assistant therein noticed that I had a few dresses that caught my eye. She actually asked me if I wanted to try one one. I was beside myself at the thought of trying on these dresses, and I quickly answered YES! she then took the 2 dresses I had interest in and proceeded to one of the changing rooms. Fortunately I went during less busy hours, basically right after they opened for the day so there were no other customers that I could see. The young lady also helped with lacing up the back of the dress and shown me to the tri-fold mirror to see myself. I was still dizzy at this moment but it felt amazing. Sadly I did not purchase either of those dresses I tried on. I did however order one from one of the catalogs that would be my size and fit better. Memories like that will never fade.

~Charris

Stephaniewy
      Lady
      Registered On: September 24, 2021
      Topics: 17
      Replies: 193

Usually when I go shopping for stephanie I am with my wife and she helps allot as I find it all very confusing with all the different style options and sizing.  Sizing always a problem so I have to go into the dressing room and try things on.  A few times in a Torrid store  the sales girl would bring me options and check the fit.  Very fun having my wife and the sales girl fussing over me.

Patty Phose
      Duchess
      Registered On: May 7, 2016
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 1842

Yes, I have done that but it was in a one person only dressing room where you go in and close the door. Never had the nerve or felt it was appropriate to go into a dressing room with several other women. it had to be totally private.

Michelle Brown
      Registered On: August 23, 2015
      Replies: 230

Hi Holly,Its Michelle.When I am shopping as Michelle for any female items I always try them on in the womans dressing room.It is the utmost of fun to try on a dress and interact with all the ladies checking out yourself in the mirrors and oftentimes helping other ladies with their zippers and getting helped with your zipper.And what better place to get an honest opinion than in the womans dressing room from another woman.?

Janine
      Lady
      Registered On: October 25, 2015
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 104

I’ve been using fitting rooms to try on all sorts of feminine clothes and only once did I encounter a problem .It was at a Macy’s in a shopping center. I had went in the fitting room, bringing a dress with me to try on.I closed the door and thought that I had latched it securely. I removed my blouse and skirt. I was sitting there on the bench, wearing thigh high stocking and a garter belt and a pair of panties and a bra.I was about to put the dress over my head  when the door opened and there was a middle aged lady standing there looking at me in my underwear. Oh dear she exclaimed. I didn’t think anyone was in here. She quickly closed the door. I stood up and relatched the door and locked it,but I was embarrassed by her intrusion and her seeing me in my bra and panties. I got dressed without trying the dress on and left it hanging in the fitting room. It did teach me to make sure that the fitting room door is locked, before disrobing so I won’t be embarrassed again

Deborah Sullivan
      Lady
      Registered On: February 27, 2020
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 944

Like most of my sisters here I do use the women’s dressing rooms a lot. I am cheap with money and before laying out a sum of money I want to make sure the garmet fits and looks good on me. I too make a point of taking several items in the room so I am not running in and out like a maniac . We all know that sizes vary and what looks good on the rack doesnt always meet those expectations.

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Roberta Broussard
      Baroness
      Registered On: July 20, 2020
      Replies: 289

I love shopping as a woman. I really don’t have a problem going in any store. Shopping for clothes is just such a wonderful experience. Getting to try things on and help from the sales staff is just fun. I’ve shopped for clothes, makeup, jewelry and perfumes.   Not to mention a host of convenience items at drug stores and groceries.

Valerie Kennedy
      Lady
      Replies: 10

Hi Holly,

I went shopping en femme for the first time this past June and it was terrific! I quickly realized the nervousness I felt was all on me. I went to four places on a busy Main Street in upstate New York. The first one was a high end consignment shop. Prices were expensive, clothes weren’t my style and all seemed to run small. Didn’t try anything on. Second was a smaller boutique. Reasonable prices. Clothes were kind of for a mid20s clientele-not my thing. However the store was empty and the SA offered the dressing room so I felt a little empowered. Tried on a halter top and jeans and bought the top. The third store was a Snookie Store (from the Jersey shore from mtv and I am from Jersey). Tried on two things and took pictures. They were actually reasonably priced and in my style lane. The best part was when the SA said one of the sundresses I tried in the medium was too big and to try a small (I think their sizes might run larger)!

Val

Gabriela Romani
      Managing Ambassador
      Registered On: January 11, 2021
      Topics: 979
      Replies: 462

Yes, and it is a nice experience in itself, only made better by the interactions with other shoppers and SAs.
      Getting others to give you their opinion on how a new dress looks on you… priceless. Being asked for your opinion, even nicer!

Alice Underwire
      Lady
      Registered On: September 16, 2019
      Topics: 94
      Replies: 5239

Hi Holly,

I’ve shopped many times enfemme at Lane Bryant, Catherines, Avenue, Dress Barn, and Torrid.  It’s always best to try an item on before you purchase as styles, sizes, and fabrics may not fit be expected.

Alice

Caty Ryan
      Baroness
      Registered On: August 27, 2017
      Topics: 119
      Replies: 1059

I’ve gone into the “femme” dressing room once  to try on a dress, but buy most of my “outers”  and “inners” on line.

However as per my recent published article here on CDH, I have now been bra shopping enfemme twice in 3 weeks.

Loved every second of it

Caty

Fiona Black
      Lady
      Registered On: November 23, 2019
      Replies: 123

I have been in women’s dressing rooms many times and you’re right Holly it never ceases to be a thrill. It is so much fun to strip down to a bra & panties and then see how you look in various outfits. And with women’s clothing sizes running so different from one manufacturer to another trying things on is a necessity.

Darcy Grigsby
      Lady
      Registered On: July 1, 2020
      Topics: 33
      Replies: 201

I have done it numerous times while in drab as well as the few times I have gone out dressed.

On of my favorite stores is Versona and it’s a chain boutique only serving women. When I have been in the SA’s will point blank ask me if they can start a room for me. They are always super friendly even when I have been in drab mode. They have even helped with zippers a time or two!

Lauren Mugnaia
      Duchess
      Registered On: November 1, 2021
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 254

I have transitioned and have been living as a woman, a trans woman, for almost half a year. So trying on ladies clothing, MY clothing, in a woman’s dressing room is standard procedure now.

Hugs girls,

Lauren M

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: August 25, 2016
      Topics: 21
      Replies: 417

Before Covid my wife and I went shopping, I was in drab as always. We found a few nice blouses and my wife actually told me to go try them on. She handed me a men shirt, just to cover the blouses, and sent me to the Men’s dressing room. I was wearing a bra and even though it was the Men changing room, I still enjoyed it. One step at a time, lol.

Sandy Honey
      Lady
      Registered On: February 24, 2021
      Topics: 23
      Replies: 458

I go shopping as Sandy all the time and try on clothes in the woman’s clothing area. It’s just so much fun finding something, feeling the material, holding it up to you and then going to a dressing room to see how it fits and looks.

Kerri Smith
      Lady
      Registered On: April 22, 2022
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 86

Megan

Have you ever been hassled at Torrid?  I would like to dress up and go to the local Torrid but I’m not sure I have the nerve.

Kerri

Alice Underwire
        Lady
        Registered On: September 16, 2019
        Topics: 94
        Replies: 5239

Hi Kerri,

Torrid is CD friendly and the associates are trained to respect all customers.  Don’t be shy.  Let them know you are shopping for yourself.  When you you return the associate will remember your femme name.

The associates know the inventory and Torrid’s sizing is a bit different than 14/16, 18/20,  22/24, etc so ask questions.  They are there to help a customer.  And when looking for something ask if the store has it or ask for an alternate suggestion.

Should you find something on their web site the shipping is free to the store.  Try the item on and if it doesn’t fit you can return it there on your visit.

Alice

Valerie Kennedy
          Lady
          Replies: 10

Hi kerri

I agree with Alice…I doubt very much the sales associates at torrid would give you  any problems at all; they would most likely be very encouraging. I remember doing a google search for crossdresser friendly shopping and the Torrid locations came up on the map, if that search engine means anything.
          Like Alice said, the torrid sizing is different. My wife shops there so I have been able to get a sense of how their sizing fits on me, so I ordered by mail and was lucky enough not to have to return the items

Val

Paula Here
      Lady
      Registered On: April 13, 2020
      Topics: 21
      Replies: 178

Instarted out shoping in stores that sold both male and female clothing that had one change room.  Now I just shop where i like the clothes and go the the dressing room.

It is lovely when the clerk sees you with a few items and starts a room for you.  So much fun

Paula

MeganLynn Suravlas
      Lady
      Registered On: June 19, 2022
      Replies: 6

Afraid to for sure.Not sure if I have the courage for that.I’d love to go to Torrid.I shop there ALL the time and I’m sure they have figure me out by now.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.