Viewing 55 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      MelanieElizabeth
      Ambassador

I’ve always loved all kinds of hosiery. Pantyhose was like a gateway into dressing for me but I’ve had a thing for thigh highs and garters as well. Not very practical but so fun to wear. Kind of a guilty please. I was wondering what percentage of us have worn them and have an affinity for them like I do. Thanks for any comments in advance.

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

Got a stockpile of thick stockings to wear for the winter.

/kt

Anonymous
      Lady

I love pantyhose for the winter because they are warmer but for all other times dressing I feel thigh highs and garters are more sexy.

A tip… the tops of stay up thigh highs are usually thicker than regular stockings so if using a garter with them make sure the strap clips are large enough to fasten the stay ups.

Anonymous

Hmm ? I will have to look into that,,& if it  really works ?? ,, wow,, that would be great 👍 because you can  still  have  that,, sexyness,, type of feeling you get by wearing a garter belt or open bottom girdle that you wear  under any dress/skirt 🎀👠👍 Kara

Thigh highs, garters, panties and killer heels for me is the peak of my femininity.

Be safe. Love and Peace.

Amber

Krissy
      Lady

Tights usually in the winter, although if going out I find hold ups so much easier to wear as more comfy. Bare legs in the summer is a must too

Jex Bell
      Lady

Definitely  one I want to wear at some point I usually only wear holdups or tights(pantyhose)

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Melanie ,

Thigh Highs , yes , Garters , not yet but will in the future.
      My favourite however are , and will always be , Pantyhose , since childhood.

Love Sylvia

Anonymous

Stockings, Stockings, Stockings!! The type that you NEED to wear with either a Garter belt or,, perhaps a Corset & or any girdle with the garter clips to,,, hold them to keep them in place 👠🎀👍 as far as,,, if & when I will ever wear pantyhose,,, I would have to be wearing a,,, very, very, short skirt,,, a micro mini  skirt lol,, so to speak,, but,,, that’s a slim chance I would even wear a skirt like that but for this Gurl,,, it’s really only the old style Stockings for me &,, I have worn the stay ups,,, but,,, they tend to always start rolling down ? I don’t get-it because they are such a great idea & would really be such a convenience why,,, why do they always roll down ? lol does anyone have a solution for this problem ?? But,,,, it has to be 100 💯 percent that it works lol Kara 👠

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Kara.

Yep my experience has been thigh highs will stay up the first time I wear them but will slip after that. I haven’t used it but I’ve read that there is something called “sock glue” that can be applied to thigh highs and will hold them up. I need some but I prefer sexy garters after the first use.

Hi Kara. I use an adhesive, at times, called ‘It Stays’ and am very happy with it. It’s inexpensive and you only need to roll it on the front of your thighs a little to be effective.

Anonymous

Hi Victoria thank you I replied to you,, but it somehow ? Didn’t go under your name ? It went on somebody else’s ? But,, like I wrote if that works ? I could be a lover of wearing stay-ups lol Kara 👠

Anonymous

I always wear holdup stockings with a Lacey top, no telltale bumbs when you underdress , I’m not big on wearing tights or pantyhose if you live in the USA ,

A sexy pair of stockings beats tights anyday, am i aloud to say that ,

Hugs Roz X

That should say allowed not aloud , I must use my dictionary more often X lol X

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

I went through a phase were that was all I wanted to wear when fully dressed. I must own a half dozen garter belts. There was a question a year or two age about – do you wear your panties over or under your garter belt, I am a over woman.

Garter belt/suspender belt with thigh highs every time. Sexy and practical. You do need a good metal clasp, some of the plastic ones are not worth the effort!

As I have mentioned before, the multi-clasp belts and OBGs give that extra sense of security, plus seem to hold you.

They look and feel sooooo sexy with a nice skirt or just a longer blouse.

Samantha Lynn
      Duchess

I have many more pairs of stockings compared to pantyhose. Love my lace top cuban heel with my Rago garter…one of many…but my absolute favorite that I have found that stay up for me, cute and comfy are my Hanes silk reflections…their upper band work well for me and stay put…and some have lace tops which I find alluring

Hi Samantha,

I could have written this exact same post. I also prefer vintage style stockings (I’m wearing some RHT stockings from Secrets in Lace today as a matter of fact). I also wear Ragu garter belts regularly (black lace today). Your choice of lace top thigh highs also matches my favorites as well. I have never had any issues with my Hanes Silk Reflections slipping down my legs so they are my go-to when wearing thigh highs. Great minds think alike! 🙂

Hugs,

Emily

Anonymous

I wear them on a regular basis. At least once a week

I only wear lace top thigh highs, or stockings with a garter belt. For me it’s all about being as feminine as can be and that goes for what I’m wearing under my dress as well even if no one sees it.

I wore garter belts and nylons in my younger years but switched to thigh highs and continue to wear them.

I wear stockings and garter, most of the year, as soon as the weather starts to cool, both in drab and enfemme, I just love the feel , as well as the look with a skirt and heels.
      Hugs, Regi👸💖
      P.S, I probably have 200 pair, all styles and colours, on hand at any given time,, as one gets a run, I buy two more, lol

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I absolutely love thigh high stockings. So sexy and feminine.

Hugs, Liara

Garter belt and stockings are my ‘go to’ hosiery for most days.  Stay/holdups would be my second choice.

They just don’t look sexy, they feel sexy too.  My guy friends like them too, on me of course.

PaulaF

Anonymous

My two male friends go nuts for them.

Lace top thigh high stockings and garter belts were my must-have purchases in early 2016. I have LTTHS in black, white, red, and nude. I currently have 9 garter belts and a few other intimates/lingerie pieces that have garter clips.

Tonya Johnson
      Duchess - Annual

Lace top thigh high stockings and garter belts are my go to garments. I can’t get enough of them. I wear them with just about everything (both inside the house and out).  A funny thing just recently happened to me when my legs started swelling up so my doctor prescribed me thigh high compression stockings to wear so I now wear them all the time. I’m in heaven. 😃 

❤  Tonya

Jackie
      Ambassador

All the time…….

Rosiebeth
      Lady

Just fell in love with them.  I got the urge in my teens and tried on a corset with clips for thigh highs and it was love at first sight, feel and the whole 9 yards.  TeeHee.
      ❤️

rosiebeth.

I have worn thigh high stockings with garters a number of times.  But I generally don’t wear them.  First, attaching the garters is a real pain.  I did it when I was very young, but I think the new garters are made more of plastic and I just have more trouble getting these to stay than the old fashion metal ones.

Another reason is my waist is the same size as my hips.  It is difficult to keep the garter around my waist and held tight unless the belt is very tight as well.  Otherwise it can easily slip down instead of keeping the garters taut.

Finally, stockings are much more expensive than pantyhose or stay-up thigh high stockings.  They don’t necessarily last longer, and are much harder to find nowadays.

I usually wear pantyhose (often control top which helps keep away any bulges) or stay-up stockings.  In the wintertime I will wear tights, and sometimes wear these instead of socks in male mode.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

My first stockings was garter stockings. They were wonderful, but keeping them up was always a problem. When I got pantyhose, they were what I was looking for. I loved they stayed up and their wonderful silky feel all over me.

At 18, I bought some garter belts and stockings. Then I bought some thigh highs. The garter belts and stockings were fun and sexy to wear. I sometimes wore them over sheer to waist pantyhose when I went out. I would sit and cross and uncross my legs so my dress slid up and my garters and stocking tops would show. I got lots of attention, compliments and people wanting to do and buy things for me when I did. it was sexy, fun and never failed to get attention.

I began wearing thigh highs because, well I just had to have some and wear them. I also thought they could be practical. If I was out and got a run or hole in my pantyhose, changing into a new pair of pantyhose, especially in the car was difficult and depending where I was, impossible to do. I had to look for a private location, or find a restroom where I could change.

Sliding the pantyhose off was easy, but putting on a new pair was not. I could slide off my pantyhose and easily put on the stockings.

I could wear pantyhose for days, but the elastic garter on the thigh highs got uncomfortable after a few hours. I had to take them off. I also noticed the garter top often showed when worn with my short shorts dresses and skirts. At first I thought if I was going to wear thigh highs instead of or over sheer to waist pantyhose, I might have to wear longer shorts, dresses or skirts. I would stand up and walk and I couldn’t pull the stockings up high enough to keep the garter from showing.

Then I noticed a few girls wearing short shorts, dresses and skirts with thigh highs with the garter tops showing. WOW! I can do that. So what I thought was going to be a problem became a great and exciting dressing experience. And if they got to uncomfortable, I could take them on and off easily. I always had my sheer to waist pantyhose on, so even if I didn’t put the thigh highs back on, I was still showing my legs nicely.

I grew up with and got to wear garter stockings, thigh highs and pantyhose often. I was then and still am a mostly pantyhose girl. I love the thrill and excitement of going out and showing my legs in them. But every once in a while, I want an extra thrill. I’ll put some garter stocking or thigh highs on over my sheer to waist pantyhose. I’ll move in such a way, crossing and uncrossing my legs until my dress rides up and my stocking tops are showing. it’s nutty, but the thrill and excitement is even greater.

Yes I have Melanie they are amazing J love the garter and the feeling of the thigh highs. I do wear the hold ups as well though.

Hugs Ginny.

Most of the time I wear pantyhose and tights all helps to hid things down below ,this morning as I type this reply I am wearing stockings and a suspender belt does make a nice change ,but before I go out underdressed will change into pantyhose ,I also wear  occasionally an open bottom girdle and stockings .

Michelle  xx

Anonymous

Yes, love them! Though I’ve been more into warmer tights lately. I went back to a garter last week for a couple of days and I was reminded how much I love them. They’ll be back on warmer days. I love the hint of stocking top when sitting and my skirt or shorter dress rides up a bit.

— Abbie 🥰

Wearing nylons with a garter belt were the options when I started dressing…and yes pantyhose had just entered the marketplace. But for me I find nylons and now thigh highs my favorite choices and I will use a garter belt with my thigh highs on occasions just to feel confident that my thigh highs will stay up. I just find nylons and thigh high stockings so much more feminine to wear and I love the feel and the look.

Hippie
      Lady

Yes but not as much as I like to. Farm life has a way of killing clothing, So dressing sexy is somewhat of a rare thing for me till Winter hits

Hippie

Anonymous

try to wear thigh highs and garters with my matching panty and bra sets .

Donna

Isn’t it illegal to do otherwise Donna?  At least where the FP (Fashion Police) are concerned.

PaulaF

Anonymous

LOL pay off the fashion police very cheap to look the other way. lol.

I’m with Donna. A must have for special occasions. My bf becomes “owned” when I walk out in lace, garters and thigh highs with stilleto heels

Ashley
      Lady

I’ve worn them but I don’t own any right now. (My last set was a cheap one that fell apart… lesson learned!) I will probably get more sooner or later but I think my pantyhose/tights collection is fine for now.

Had a pair way back when.  My body shape and garters do not mix well so I would like to get a teddy that has garters attached to it at some point.

Trish White
      Baroness

Absolutely yes! There is not much more feminine and sexy than that, I rarely wear pantyhose and only if my skirt or dress is really short. Also if you get a run in stockings you only lose half of what you bought as opposed to pantyhose.

Its a definite yes for me everytime. Nothing makes me feel more sexy!

Danni Ash
      Lady

Thigh highs and a garter, when I started dressing that was what my mother had and I would borrow them. They were a little loose but by the time I went out dressed for Halloween (with my mothers help) to take my younger siblings’ trick or treating they fit me just perfect. I have worn pantyhose a few times over the years, but I prefer stockings and a garter. And yes I wear my panties over because of the straps from the garter. Always make my legs look and feel sexy.

Agree with all said. I am in pantyhose a lot but do love my thigh hi and stockings with a garter belt. I love sitting in short skirts with the girls and show off the straps to my fishnet thigh hi hose . It is not just the feeling of a being a girl in them but inspires the sexy girl we often like to display to friends.

I love wearing them, sadly my current situation prohibits that. I miss wearing them, soooo sexy feeling.

Anonymous

I love pantyhose also but like thigh highs as well.

Jennifer

I prefer Thigh-highs as pulling up and down pantyhose to potty is a pain in the blank. That being said I like the feel that only a good pair of pantyhose offers. I like Fantasy Black from Berkshire. They are a little more expensive, but last much longer than some cheaper brands.

Hugs & Nylons,
      Celestine

Sara Todd
      Lady

I adore my thigh highs and stay ups. They look sand feel so sexy under a dress. There is no better feeling than when they are still hugging your thighs as your panties are slipped off over them by that special someone.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Sara Todd.

They were the only type of stockings around when I commenced my crossdressing.

I love wearing thigh highs and garters. One of my favorite things to wear.

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Stockings, girdles, and garter belts were the only things available during my early years of cross dressing, although we wore “tights” in various colors, mostly black, in the winter to keep our legs warm.  Moreover, the stockings had seams up the back and reinforced heels and toes.  Girdles came with four or six garters.  The Playtex Living Girdle was popular up until the early 1960s, because of its figure-shaping qualities.  However, it was hot in the summer and tore easily.  Women wore stockings with sandals in the summer.  Bare feet with sandals were generally acceptable at picnics and beaches only.

I had the good fortune of being trained in the ways of being a lady by some excellent female teachers in my much younger years.  I just wish I could remember much of what they taught me.

I love both. Funny story though. Growing up I played ice hockey. Part of the equipment was to wear the knee pads covered by knit socks with stirrups at the feet. It’s the colorful material that you see between the skates and up under the pants. In my early years they were held up at the waist by…wait for it “garter belt”. Mentioning this to a non-hockey player was cause for ridicule. To hockey players it it was part of the vernacular. Now they are held up with Velcro on the hem of shorts on the pants. I guess I was a crossdresser From an even earlier age than I thought.

I, too, played hockey. You are correct about the garter and stockings – easy transition to my girl side. One less issue to perfect! 😊

Jenny Liu
      Lady

Of course!  Each and every time I crossdress, garter belts and stockings are part of who I am as Jenny.  I don’t even know who I am without them.  They complete Jenny.

Jenny

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Yes to both,

But until recently, I have never owned a pair of thigh hi stay ups that “Stayed up”.

Conversely, I’ve been a big fan of stockings and suspender belts, (they are not “garter belts”, “down here” in Oz), for ages…I find there’s nothing so sexy looking as the suspender tabs peeking out from the hem of a pair of lace hemmed silk french knickers.

even better are “visits to the ladies”, when the “FK”;s come down and I get the “full picture” whilst engaging in the reason I was in there in the first place.

Happy dressing

Caty

Those were the fashion when I was growing up and dressing. There is nothing like the feel of the tug on the stockings as you walk in a skirt and heels. So sexy especially when “flashing” the guys “accidently”

Jasmine
      Lady

Yes so many occasions I don’t know it really just depends on what I’m wearing if it’s my corset or a girdle or if im just feeling like I want to be a little frisky then I will go with thigh highs since my garters are already attached if  I’m going to go with a more subtle look or maybe like an office type look then I’ll go with tights. But that brought back a memory one of the first things I bought was a garter belt when I bought my first set of breast forms that’s actually how I met one of my best friends

Melanie,

The concept of thigh highs is great. The problem I had with them is that they don’t stay up. I have known that some of our sisters have used a garter belt to ensure that the darn things stay up.

Gosh, pantyhose is so fussy.

Diane

Lynda Jones
        Baroness - Annual

Diane, I love wearing tights, thigh highs and stocking. Here in the south its to hot for Tights so I wear Thigh Highs, I have found out only Commando Thigh Highs stay up without help. Try JOMI COMPRESSION Roll On Body Adhesive, Sweat Resistant, Washes Off with Ease, works great and last all day and night.
        Lynda

I prefer garter blet and stockings with the panties on the outside of the garter belt.  I do also wear pantyhose, however, due to my height (6’1″) finding pantyhose that are long enough can be a problem.  Also, as others have said bathroom breaks are easier with a garter belt and stockings.  I agree that having stocking tops and garter straps peaking out from under a dres or skirt is sexy.  For me there is nothing more feminine then putting on a garter belt, putting on stockings and attaching them to the straps of the garter belt.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I’m not much on pantyhose, as it complicates certain functions. However, I love my thigh highs. They really add so much to my feminine feelings.

Roberta. do they stay up.

The concept is great, but I’ve had difficulty with them.

I love thigh hi’s and garters. I like the freedom they give in certain situations. They are easy to change and they make me feel so sexy. I wear panties underneath them.

Thigh highs and garters are my absolute go to when dressed.
      Feels so sexy and feminine.
      And guys really love them

I wear thigh-highs frequently and have quit wearing panty hose altogether. But I do not use a garter belt, favoring “wedding garters” instead if the hose do not stay up on their own.

Yes same here, the look and feel and evening the knowing as others look at me and see the garter straps outline in my dress and a smile from males and females as I sit and the top of hoses show

Nylons are where it all started for me…….I’d wait until my parents were out and the house was empty and slide on my mother’s pantyhose and boots.

I’m currently propping the nylon industry up single handed. I own pantyhose, hold up stockings, suspender stockings and a variety of suspender belts, RHT stocking and seamed stockings. I supplement my collection with lots of different coloured heels, short skirts and knee length and mini dresses.

My latest fun night with the young lady featured a knee length turquoise and white check dress, pink suede shoes and some sheer, nude seamed stockings with black seams. The stockings were paired with a white 8 strap suspender belt, white thong and white lacy bra with ‘C’ forms.

Wearing those stockings is just electrifying, sliding up and down my thighs.

I’m with you 100 % sister nylon lover, I’d loved to go ‘out’ with you dressed for lunch dressed as secretaries or office girls wearing black or brown nylon stockings and 4 inch heels. We’d have some great tikme and attract a lot of admiring make eyes trying to sneak a ( maybe deliberate attempt) of seeing our stocking tops, That has happened to me many times.
        So…I’m Meghan, new member from upstate New York , and a lifelong 60+  years CD, public going very passable ‘ woman’ appearing out public in all ways ; wigs, makeup, appropriate clothing for season and where I am to blend, and in walk deportment voice and interaction with those ‘ who have no idea’

But the one single thing that stands out of any of my thrills and enjoyment to wear are gartered nylon stockings! Maybe its because of my age and growing up through the golden era of wearing wearing nylons , both from full fashioned, RHT, seamed and seamless. The invention of the dastardly pantyhose in the mid 60s were the creation of the devil! And the bane of us cross dressers. But I have to tell you but to me, owner of over 50 pairs of nylons, a dozen thigh hi’s and NO pantyhose that the biggest thrill I always experienced is feeling that sensual taunted tug of the garters holding up the stocking with every step you take.

I wear them with garter belts( 4,6,8 strap) girdles, all-in-ones-, Merry-widows, Basks, and corsets.

Many times I will sleep with them in sexy nightgown, bra, panties and it’s the most rested sleep you can experience. Another cool thing you may want to try is take a shower in full lingerie. Wow! Any comments or thoughts from other sisters who are crazy about nylon stockings?

Sounds like a knockout clothing choice 👍 Wish I was out that that night with you, I would have worn my FF black seamed nylons imported from England, non stretch, 10 denier                    Meghan

[postquote quote=660396]
      Sometimes won’t stay cause of the person’s weight or not sure the size A,B,C, or D thin buildup I love garter belts and yes the first time I got them very long/stretch type they were calf and thigh fine but xtra long no way to use gather belt until I decided to just getting pantyhoses try them mark them and use scissors to cut to my garter belt extension and not until I made some research ( going to a Walmart and ask the person in charge of changing stations) pretend I need for my wife thigh highs and last time I got the wrong size she would ask me for her size and I will give my wife size but the figures are my and sometimes I will ask them for a dress equivalent size and the best it’s now with the self serve nobody behind you looking at you putting everything on the counter I feel more confident and also for cosmetics I do the same thing (better in the morning less people and clerks will help you faster just give her “your” wife “lists” and I do that on any store ULTA fast service and CD friendly . In the meantime happy dressing Auroras Livingfem

Viewing 55 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?