• Creator
    Topic
    Diane Marie Rakers
    Participant
    Registered On: August 18, 2019
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 1092

Hi Ladies,

Another adventure in my journey further and further into being as much a woman as I can possibly be. It seems like I’m getting a lot of “wow moments” lately. I must say they are amazing and thrilling, but less scary as each one happens. I know who I am as a man, and it’s all good. I’m just getting to know myself as a woman.

Carl Jung has told us that each one of us has some of the opposite sex in us. What all of us on CDH share is the desire and willingness to explore that inner woman.

What was my latest “wow moment”?

I wanted to spend an evening with my nails “done”. I thought my best course of action was to make an appointment for Friday afternoon at my nail place, Elegant Nails in Oro Valley. If any of you are ever in Tucson, make an appointment with either Vivian (mom) or Lynn (daughter). You will not be disappointed.

My appointment was at 4. I was wearing skinny jeans, flip flops with bright red toes sparkling (thanks Lynn), dark red tee shirt, women’s sunglasses, and, of course, my Kate Spade handbag.

Vivian did not clip any of my fingernails, she took the time to file them instead. Nice.

She applied a base, then she applied the same lovely polish that is on my toes, then she finished up with a topcoat. It took maybe 40 minutes.

When I was driving home I couldn’t help but enjoy seeing my red fingernails on the steering wheel.

When I got home I made a chef’s salad for dinner. The entire evening, and now too, I just stared at my nails and having wow moment after wow moment. Is that me? Gee, I look good, I kept saying.  At least with nails, I can compete with any cis woman. The bright red contrasts perfectly with my skin color. Oh, yes!

The bad news? I will see Vivian at 9 so she can take off the polish. Too much to do today.

I’ll do this again sometime.

With love and affection to all,

Diane

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Genivieve Bujold
      Lady
      Registered On: April 13, 2017
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 100

Diane,
      Several years ago, I had made an appointment to have a makeover at Sephora. I also made a promise to myself to go in for the makeover en femme. The Sephora studio was in a big mall near where I live. I dressed casually, jeans and a top with a cardigan, heels and minimal makeup, just a bit of foundation, mascara and some lipstick. I wore sunglasses going in. The girl at Sephora was an artist and she made me so pretty, I left feeling so feminine! I spent the rest of the day out and about enjoying being a girl. I had my nails done in a salon for the first time that day. Loved every minute and have had them done in a salon several times since then. 😉💋

Jamie Johnson
        Lady
        Registered On: July 22, 2022
        Topics: 1
        Replies: 27

There is nothing like having your nails done is a salon! I have my nails done every three weeks and they are always bright red or hot pink. The only time my nails are without polish is when the nail tech is doing them.

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Lara Tucker
      Lady
      Registered On: September 29, 2021
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 964

That sounds like an amazing day Diane!

Thanks for sharing it,

Lara 😊

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess
      Registered On: August 14, 2021
      Replies: 1598

How wonderful.

Hugs, Liara

Denise Walker
      Lady
      Registered On: March 25, 2019
      Replies: 9

I got a pedicure and manicure recently, including getting them painted of course! I’m planning to do it periodically and between visits practice my own maintenance so I don’t have to visit so often. It’s a lovely experience, not just getting the work done but talking to the women while they’re working, drawing other staff and customers into the chat a little bit

I’d been painting them before periodically beforehand, with some little attempts at basic nail art, and also doing my own gel nails too over the last 9 months or so. Not great at applying gel paint yet but practice, practice, practice! I might try some of the little paid courses to see if that helps me get better. It’s a gentle introduction to friends that you might be a little bit different as well, for those who’s friends do not already know. People seem to accept it very quickly without much fanfare

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess
      Registered On: September 29, 2019
      Topics: 56
      Replies: 972

Just wanted to respond to everyone here who already responded. It has been almost 1 year since the first time I got my nails done, I had them done just as the collage football season was starting and did them in my school colors with school initials on them. The salon put tips on and used the dip so the nails ware almost indestructable.
      I am now on my 4th set/color of nails, and don’t care if the salon people know I am CD or not and go out in male mode that way also, found most people don’t care how you present yourself. My current colors are lavender on my fingers and a berry/purple on my toes — colors that went with the dress I wore to my HS class reunion earlier this month.
      All of this CD/Trans adventure is becoming quit a trip and I am enjoying the ride.

. Cassie

6 users thanked author for this post.
      Eileen Bach
      Baroness
      Registered On: February 27, 2021
      Replies: 355

How nice, Diane!

While most women usually do their own nails at home, done at a salon has a better quality look.

Having a tech fuss over your nails is a wonderful feminine experience!

Eileen

Stephanie Green
      Lady
      Registered On: June 23, 2022
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 112

Thanks for sharing, Diane.  Enjoy the journey.

Stephanie Bass
      Hostess
      Registered On: November 30, 2019
      Topics: 24
      Replies: 3749

Hi Diane Girl you are so lucky getting to go out as Diane and have her nails done  i so envy you girlfriend .. It will happen someday but not around here where i live it would be tragic event time ..

Hugs Stephanie

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Lauren Mugnaia
      Duchess
      Registered On: November 1, 2021
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 259

Like Sandy, I’ve let my nails grow out, they’re the longest they’ve ever been, well over an inch from nail base to tip. I live and work as a woman full time now so having long nails is very doable. I have an appointment every three weeks to have the gel overlays redone. The joy of being accepted as a woman at the salon is almost intoxicating! 🙂

Hugs,

Lauren M

Sandy Honey
      Lady
      Registered On: February 24, 2021
      Topics: 24
      Replies: 464

I love having my nails done…I have been doing that for quite a while now and love how they look. I was in the nail salon yesterday getting a beautiful French tip this time. I had them use a darker brighter pink along with the Snow White tip.  I go with dip powder and that lasts usually about 3 weeks before I go again, Right after I went to the grocery store and the check out woman made a comment about how beautiful my nails looked. My nails have grown out and are nice and long and the only negative comment was from my ex about why would I do that. Our daughter told her maybe he just likes having nice nails like we do. Right now my toes have a very shiny clear gel coat on them, next time I may go with candy apple red for my toes or Snow White.

If you haven’t had your nails done you really are missing something special and you don’t have to have bright colors. There are mat finishes and clear that work quite well. I do have my favorite nail tech and she really does know how to do my nails.

Diane Marie Rakers
        Lady
        Registered On: August 18, 2019
        Topics: 8
        Replies: 1092

Hi Sandy,

Vivian explained to me what a French tip was yesterday. Very cool. Sandy.  I will do “nails” again. It was a real rush.

Sandy, I have something else, but I’ll send you a PM instead.

Diane.

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Jamie Johnson
      Lady
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 27

Diane,

Why take the polish off ? Nail polish on guys is getting more popular. Google “men wearing nail polish” and you will find recent articles in GQ, Esquire, and other men’s magazines in addition to many online groups about men of all ages wearing all colors of nail polish. Nail polish is not a big deal anymore. I wear sandals everywhere and my toes are always bright red or bright pink.

Vanessa VanReed
      Lady
      Registered On: August 28, 2021
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 11

Nice!

Kelly English
      Lady
      Registered On: July 10, 2022
      Topics: 13
      Replies: 89

That is wonderful Diane! I so need a pedicure1, my feet are a mess!

Tamara
        Lady
        Topics: 0
        Replies: 15

I need new feet mine are night of the living dead transplant maybe???❤️

Lara Tucker
          Lady
          Registered On: September 29, 2021
          Replies: 964

🤣 you are not alone there Tamara!

My toes are starting to look like they are in a bar fight!

Lara

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.