Tagged: 

• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Gee Bee
      Lady

Heading out to my 1st VA HRT appt this morning, wish me luck!   64 yrs old, hope they cover and pay for TG care, spoke with LGBT coordinator and she walked me through everything.  Feedback later today I hope if all goes well.

Afternoon follow-up; Appoint went so well, the nurse was so kind & Dr was a real sweetie!   I already had WPATH letter from previous efforts, they scanned it into my record and away we go.  She did a referral for VA Endo at Richmond center, I did labs so she seemed to think it will be a virtual appoint with them.   She took over all my other meds for filling via VA with no question, even my pain med/must’ve relaxer for bad back!  Plus got a referral for weight loss clinic too (like we all need that). Hit the jackpot today!!!!

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by Gee Bee.

Good luck, hoping all goes well for you today!

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Good luck Gee, we ALL hope all goes well for you.
      . Cassie

Good luck, hope all goes well for you.  It has to be an exciting time filled with anticipation.  Please let us know how it goes, and your feelings.

I am glad to hear that the VA is treating you well. I have been getting mixed results with the Miami VA. I wish you continued success. I hope to be in your position soon.

I sooooo glad as it sounds like you had a great experience with the VA. I am a veteran also and I have been wrestling with wether or not to tell my pmc and follow the same path as you. My big issue is I work at my VA. What to do?

Gee Bee
        Lady

I understand, pretty scary just to come out for yourself but even harder if you work there.   You’ll get referred to the therapist for eval of dysphoria and recommendation for HRT.  Big part of that is usually presenting/living full time in your new desired gender but don’t quote me on that is how the VA does it. Make contact with your local LGBT coordinator to discuss the requirements and get answers before you proceed.    Good luck Klaire!  Hugs!!!

Hi Gee first of all thank you for your service and all others here .. Good luck with the VA and please keep us in the loop to your progress

Stephanie Bass

Anonymous

Good luck

HRT isn’t bad just remember it effects everyone differently for me my hair is softer…

My skin is more sensitive. Just do your blood rest regularly check your liver etc

Gee Bee
      Lady

Forgot to add, if any of you are on Reddit there is a new community, r/TransVATransVeterans.

Good luck, and I am so glad for you.  As a disabled veteran, I also have struggled with the same thing.  How to I tell my doctor or nurse at the VA that I would like to start HRT?  I mean I know how, it is how do it, but I convince myself to tell the VA.  They are trans friendly, but like everyone else has said it is difficult and not sure of the consequences of my family finding out.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Good luck Gee, I hope all goes well for you!

Thanks so much for your service!

Hugs, Lara

Anonymous
      Lady

Good luck Gee… hope all goes well for you… please keep us posted.

I too have thought of talking to the VA about HRT but worried about my family and at my age I’m not sure if it would create much results.

Anonymous

Best of luck with your HRT. I think you have made a wonderful choice and I am so glad that the VA offers gender affirming care.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Transitioning for Transsexual Women’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?