Viewing 21 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I thought that would catch your eye, the administrators are going oh no, what’s she doing this time. Well here it comes ladies the worst four letter word I can think of, SNOW!!!!! It has arrived to my complete and utter distaste, hate the damn stuff. Everyone’s going it’s so beautiful and fresh and clean, yeah until you have to go out in, now your wrapped up like a sausage in it’s skin just to run to the store. My sister but you have to have snow for Xmas, that’s a great idea, the busiest travel time of the year so lets wrap the globe in ice and snow, brilliant idea. If I never saw another snow flake in my life it would not bother me and as I like to say, I can decorate a palm tree, no problem.I think I’ll just go downstairs and leave a wake up call for April.

BAH HUMBUG!!!!!!!!!!!! Heather Scrooge.

I’m not a fan of snow either. Yes, it’s beautiful…for a half a day. Then it’s monotonous, cold, and messy. And let’s be honest, skirts and dresses are not great cold weather clothing. The only bright point about cold and snow…leggings!

bring back the warmer weather. I miss mini skirts.

Yes, I have four letter words for that four letter word! And to think in my younger years I enjoyed it. Building snow forts, snowball fights, skiing, skating, sledding, snowmobiling. (Look,  they all begin with “s”. We must ban that letter!) Oh, the innocence of youth. Now my thoughts are to where to put the stuff and when will it melt.

The only enjoyment now is I get to wear thigh high boots when out in the stuff as I fight the never ending battle between me and the snow plow clogging my driveway.  He’s a cruel demon laughing at my frustration. And to think I pay taxes to further his machinations.

Where is the Goddess of Spring? I must light a fire and smoke the ceremonial pipe offering her prayers of supplication and love to return to my humble existence to warm my heart and my toes.

Winter, you are a dark and troubling time. Your testing of my spirits is a difficult trial. Leave quietly and harm me no more.

Oh my, I have wandered into musings that will permeate my thoughts for a long dreary period.

🌨😟

Beth

If we banned the letter “s”, we would have problems:

Tocking, tight/pantyhoe, ilk knicker, cro dreing, kirt, macara, nail polih, upender, breat form – it would be chao!!!

Love Laura

😅😅😅

Beth

Anonymous

o, here the tory o far. we dre or corder, we nowball or play occer, here riding take on a new meaning as doe dreage. The weather forecat i only a ummery and when you complain all yo u get i a knee up the crotum.

i wih I could write to my MP about thi. He’d pi himelf with laughter,

Any other letter ?

(this could go on for day !!)

Anonymous

pell checker again ….. croder !! Orry !

Anonymous

If you lose ” s”, everything would be ingular. Conequently we might all diappear off the face of the earth, jut like black hole diappear up it own arole.

sincerely your

Anya (don’t get wore than that)

Anonymous

pell checker – tut tut incerely your…

Anonymous

Not much snow around the part of Texas but worst four letter for me be Cold anything under 70 now for me is COLD  already ready for spring and summer.

Donna

Anonymous
      Lady

I believe that particular four letter word is one of the big reasons there is a general migration south to the sunbelt.

Where I live we get one or two light snows per year which is gone in three days and thats it. At the first sight of a snowflake the schools close and everyone buys out milk and bread… lol.

It seems when I was young we got a lot more snow and more often….. climate change!

Let it snow!

Anonymous

giggles know when we got that freaky ice storm and little bet of snow here in Tx last year Everything closed down. Another four letter word don’t like is Rain.

Anonymous

Hi heather…

What’s the difference between a snowman and a snow woman???…snowballs!!!

Snow!!!     I love it!!!….probably because where i live it’s become rare…we just don’t get much anymore.

Childhood memories when we could have snow on the ground for literally months….are very distant now…

I could quite happily live in a snow globe for the winter… haha

Grace ⛄☃️⛄

Hi Heather,

In our area the snowplows dumps loads of brine on the roads and highways.  Once you step in it your boots end up white white stains and what it does to your car/truck!

When you need something stay in and use a delivery service.  You won’t have to shovel out your car/truck either.

And to think our sisterS on CDH south of the equator are in the Spring season!

Alice

Anonymous

There is a word worse than snow, it’s WORK X lol X

I’m glad I’m retired i don’t have to go out to work in the snow ❄️, I’ve plenty of food so if it snows i can stay at home and hibernate ,

Hugs Roz X

Anonymous

WORK , Mind your language.

Trisha
      Duchess

Very well written. I applaud you. Couldn’t agree more.

I’ve no use for snow. I still have to go to work in it. I get no days off from it. I just have to worry about all the Neanderthals driving around in it no paying attention to what they’re doing and running into everyone else, not to mention trying not to fall on my @$$

Bridgette

Anonymous

Sounds like all the ones around here when by a freak of nature snow falls some and roads and bridges ice up. They still drive fast. When that happens I try  to stay off roads At least do have some experience driving on ice and snow road conditions when lived up north Ind.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Haha, i was wondering what 4 letter word(s) you were referring too Heather, lol

But…..  it’s not yet December!  This madness has only just begun dear!  You should be using a whole bunch of 4 letter words come January!!   I’ll be able to hear you from here!  😆

Stevie

Anonymous

I have to hit the lottery and get the heck out of here Stevie. I’m allergic to the cold makes me break out in all these little bumps. lol

Stevie Steiner
          Managing Ambassador

Heather, I hate having icy feet and numb fingers for the next 4 months.  😢

At least this rest of my body is merely…. cold.

Hi Heather!

When I read my sisters’ posts and replies I press thanks almost all of the the time…. Just to let them know I appreciate their thoughts and how they feel…..

On my wall or on a sisters wall and in articles i am allowed to give likes as well…..

but the only thing that makes me start looking for a dislike button is that 4 letter word S-N-O-W!

Hugs

Autumn

Barb Wire
      Lady

“Let is snow, let it snow, let it snow…!”

No bugs, hay fever or sweltering humidity.

But lots of clear blue & night skies, snow bunnies (depending on the tavern), curling irons and stones, ice hockey, skiing (all kinds), warm tights and pom-pommy winter coats (very sexy!), Northern Lights, rabbit ear slippers, duvet covers, donuts on icy parking lots with traction control off in my Audi, maple syrup, hot chocolate with marshmallows, snowshoeing, fat biking, snowmobiling, ice fishing, snowball fights…

AND best of all,

hanging out with you all by the fire place at my cottage with periodic Netflix, Disney and/or Prime binging!

Love Barb ⛄🏔⛷❄

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Barb Wire.
        Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Barb you make it all sound like fun!!  When’s the party? Make my hot toddy a double, Lol.

All except the ice fishing….  Tried it on Lake Skugog one year.  Never again! 😲🌨💨

Stevie

Barb Wire
          Lady

You either got too drunk or not drunk enough!

xo Barb

Anonymous

Now Barb, take all the “s’s” out of your contribution and you might sound like a John benjamin poem !!

Anya

I usually dislike it because I have a very long driveway that I have to shovel.  A lot depends on the quality of the snow.  Here in the New York/New Jersey region, snow is very often occurring near the freezing temperature, which tends to make it wet and heavy, sometimes almost being like slush.  If it is colder, it becomes more powdery and much easier to shovel.

What’s worse than snow is black ice.  This is when the snow melts but then refreezes into a thin layer.  This looks like it is wet but is usually very smooth and has no traction.  Years ago I tripped on some black ice going to start my car, and I ended up with a fracture of my ring finger (although I didn’t know it at the time).  I took the wedding ring off instantly knowing it was going to swell, and only later did I figure out there is a calcium deposit at the joint which prevents my ring from going back on.

But it is not all bad news.  When shoveling snow, I’m usually wearing a skirt, tights, and boots.  I used to wear a short coat, but I now have an ankle length coat I can wear in winter.  With this coat, no one can tell if I’m wearing a skirt and tights or leggings, and it keeps me warm enough to wear a skirt.

One morning about 10 years ago there was a wet snow storm overnight.  When I was shoveling the snow the next morning, the rising sun was glistening off the nearby snow covered trees.  It really looked spectacular.  I got a number of photographs of this.  The yellow/orange sun reflecting off the snow covered trees made it look like a mixture of fire and ice!  This is an opportunity I never would have had if it hadn’t snowed.

I hate the snow, I get very unsteady on my feet.
      When I joined my local Council as a boy sweeper in 1967, one year we had a really bad fall of it. I was on the back of a lorry throwing of salt and sand on the road.
      Now-days it’s done by the gritting machine. They only do the main roads but.
      In Northern Ireland in the the 1970’s Councils (or as in our case Belfast Corporation)lost a lot of its powers and Department of Development (Road Service) was formed.

Anonymous

Liz, sorry to ask but is it the snow that makes you unsteady or the “glow” ? Ha Ha

Anonymous

Heather, I hope “ Tiny Tim” will melt your heart!😊
      I’m thinking we may not see snow again in SW UK. We seem to have endless rain.

So if rain were all sparkly and white and fell with less of a bump would that be…….
      ( oh, that is snow😔)

Learning every day😂

Anonymous

Anya…if only rain was sparkly…omg I’d be a happy girl….

Drowning in glitter, grace xx

As one who lives in what is called the snow belt, in Canada, I am literally buried in snow for 5-6 months of the year, we generally have to shovel the roof off, the snow gets so heavy, 3-4 times each winter, never mind the driveway and sidewalks. we have had many many winters, where I could just step off the roof, onto the snow piles. I didnt mind so much when I was young, but now? I second your Humbug, Heather.
      Hugs, Regi👸💖

SNOW!!!???  It never snows in Texas, especially in the Panhandle where I live.  Nope, not in Texas, it snows ON Texas.

We have gotten 10 inches one night as late as mid-May before.  The good thing about our snow, 2 or 3 days later, and it is gone.  It can snow n blow so hard you can’t see across the street, but just be patient, and it will go away, usually to bother Oklahoma.

The thing in winter here that bothers newcomers to the area though, is the timely arrival of a heavy thunderstorm with all the accompanying lightning and thunder mixed with the snow.

Ah, that good old Texas weather.  Nothing like anywhere else, and don’t forget the blowing mud once it all gets wet.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Paula….really, 10 inches in one night…i thought that would have closed the post immediately…then I realised what you meant….phew.

I buy a new snowglobe every Christmas and I would love to experience a snowstorm with thunder and lightning….and that’s a snowglobe I would love to own. Grace  xxxx

Did I mention the wind?  Oh yes, blowing mud.

Grace, that 10 inches is what I measured in my driveway.  It was the fluffiest, driest powder snow I had seen in a long time.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Yes, that dreaded word snow. Just read a bunch of posts. Everybody has had their fun with it. I’m originally from Nebraska. I can give some snow horror stories! Try being in the auto repair and service trade when the weather would go to hell! After beating yourself to death all week long getting everyone else going and Sunday finally arrived it was time for this guy to grab my shotgun and the old black lab and hit the snowy outdoors! The worse the weather the more we wanted to go. Loved hunting when the snow would be coming down. Has a peacefulness to it. Now I’m in Oklahoma and the winters are way milder. Still miss back home real bad. Go figure!

Anonymous

Hi Heather,

I don’t think I could cope with the climate you describe. Maybe nice for a visit, but otherwise my reaction would be “run away!”. There’s been hardly any settling snow where I’ve lived the last few years, but it’s often visible on the surrounding hill tops. Very pretty to look at, but that’s close enough thank you.

Marti xxx

Barb Wire
      Lady

Am I the only girl who loves winter!??

What a bunch of grumpy Old Ladies! I bet you all wear boring white or beige panties one size larger to allow room for your adult diapers!

Sheesh!

Bring it on, Momma Nature!!

❄️☃️🌨 Barb 😊

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Barb Wire.
        Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

But Barb you live up in ski country where the snow is pure white, not the grey salty and dirt mixed crud of the big city.  Winter actually looks nice up there!

Stevie

Barb Wire
          Lady

Not entirely accurate, Stevie.

If it makes you feel any better, I have to drive a considerable distance to get my Grey Poupon and by the time I return home my RS5 is caked in salt and sand sending me into hysterical fits!

Hugs, Barb 🤗🏎

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Great.  Thanks Heather, you cursed me (or Stoney Creek).   No snow here at all till you posted that.  And… I’m waking up to a field of white outside this morning.  This will require a fortified coffee. 😉

Anonymous

Yes we got it last night too, supposed to have 8-10 cm before done. You know I love to share Stevie.

Stevie Steiner
          Managing Ambassador

Yes, you are generous Heather.

— to a fault!  No need to be so giving hon! 😆

Anonymous

Snow white is fine……haha xx

Anonymous

” UK snowfall on decline”

Snow Good ( sad face )

Snow Joke either. ( glum )

Anya

( Snow dunder !) ( feet sticking out from snow )

Anonymous

Bobbisue…I remember the headlines….

Snow white got into bed feeling feeling happy….so happy felt grumpy and they both got out!!!!

Anonymous

remember back in my younger years bobbi friends and I would go party in Chicago myself lived  near Chicago short trip from state line lived in Indiana.

Barb Wire
      Lady

Naw… Just having some fun.

Although I am surprised at the vitriol towards winter. I try and find the positives in most things. And if I do jab you all from time-to-time, it’s because I feel as if I’ve reached a level of comfort with all of you, like ribbing a good friend over a beer. For me, CDH has become that good friend!

Cheers,

Barb 🥂

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?