What is your most comfortable heel height?

A friend of mine is having a hard time walking in her heels. What heel height do you find the easiest to walk in and are comfortable?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • No heel, flats
  • One inch
  • Two inch
  • Three inch
  • Four inch
  • Five inch or more

This topic contains 31 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Paula F 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Replies
     Paula F 
    Participant
    Registered On: August 7, 2019
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 39

Two inch is the most comfortable for me, I can even run in them.  I am 6’1″, so anything over that makes me look like a WNBA player  I do own a couple of 3″, but they are for special occasions, and I used to TRY to walk in 4″, and nearly broke things, lol.  I have absolutely no clue how some people can wear 5″ or even some of the taller platforms without serious leg/ankle/or foot injuries.  1″ or flats are very comfy to me, esp the ballet type with the stiffer sole, easy on, easy off.

Paula

2 users thanked author for this post.
     rebekka moore 
    Participant
    Registered On: January 7, 2017
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 723

Funny but I just had an epiphany!

I am alone all day and pulled out my heels, already had my flats out.  I had just bought a sparkly pair of flats, and I just could not help myself.  I chose those to wear today!  They feel so sexy on!

I just thought, so much easier to walk in and very fem looking!  I love them!  So now I have blue suede, brown, black, leopard print and my new black sparkly flats!  I wish I could wear them all day!

Love and hugs to you all!

Rebekka!

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Rozalyne Richards 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 10, 2018
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 67

I broke my ankle quite a few years ago so anything over a 2 inch heel I find is hard to walk in, i do have some heels bigger than 2 inches but I can’t walk in them for long x

Sara Marie Franklin (SMF) 
    Ambassador
    Registered On: July 27, 2016
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 319

Love my 4 and 5 inch heels but after a couple hours MY FEET HURT. : ) Some of that is because I do not wear them only once a month. But I love my 3 inch heels and wedges because I feel feminine (thought a little tall, I’m 6′ without heels) and they are very comfortable.

Carolyn Kay 
      Participant
      Registered On: August 25, 2016
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 44

Sara, I am also 6 ft tall but I still love my 3 inch heels. I have a few pair I can wear all day, they are comfortable.

Deb Cox 
    Participant
    Registered On: July 24, 2019
    Replies: 15

I only have 4.25 inch heels right now, and I can hang out for 3-4 hours at the bar, however, after dancing walking etc, my toes get very sore. I’m hoping to get some Classic one inch platforms, so I can keep a 4-4.5 inch heel, so sexy, but with the comfort of a 3-3.5 inch heel. I love the Classic heel look, just want to keep the cost down, still shopping for them. Thank you for the question, this is a great question to discuss on CDH.

3 users thanked author for this post.
     Anne Preuss 
    Participant
    Registered On: December 13, 2018
    Replies: 344

I love how I look in 3 inch heels and am comfortable in them.   Less comfortable but oh so much more sexy looking when I am in 4″ or 5″ heels.

T.J. Byron 
      Participant
      Registered On: October 18, 2018
      Replies: 86

Anne;

No Question, what you say is true.

In decades past,  styles weren’t as free and easy as today when  ” Anything Goes “.

Dr. T.J.

Carolyn Kay 
      Participant

Anne, you are right on with the heel heights

Paula1 
    Participant
    Registered On: October 22, 2015
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 180

Two Inch can walk all day in them, I also look for a brand here in OZ called Diana Ferrari super shoes they are like walking on air

michaela jane 
    Participant
    Registered On: December 9, 2016
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 125

I’m a tall girl so 2″ heels are my limit, any higher & the ceiling fans would have my head off. I prefer my ballet flats, I can wear them for much longer.

Carolyn Kay 
      Participant

I am also on the tall side, but I still love my 3 inch heels. They add so much to an outfit.

Michelle Wilmington 
    Participant
    Registered On: April 17, 2017
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 79

Flats are by far the most comfortable, but don’t look terribly sexy and feminine. I have some black pumps with about 2 to 3″ heels that I do just fine in. but my favorite gold heels my looks super sexy, but are uncomfortable as hell and very hard to walk in. As for your friend the technique is simple heels to toe in a straight line chin up, shoulders rolled back, It takes some practice, but if you still have too much trouble start with a lower heel or wedges and work up.

M

Stephanie Kennedy 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 15, 2019

I love a 3 inch heel for the look. When I am wearing my 3 inch heels with cute jeans or even better my leggings. I feel so cute and sexy. I can only wear them for so long. My everyday look and comfort I prefer my flip flops. Sneakers and flats. Our shoes can change the look of a outfit. You cannot beat the look of a girl in 4 inch heels. Especially if she knows how to walk and move in them luv Stephanie

4 users thanked author for this post.
     anne-marie 
    Participant
    Registered On: August 26, 2018
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 229

I love very high, high heels but in the main they are not the most comfortable shoes I own. In saying that some are more comfy than some lower heals – it all depends on the particular shoe i.e. what material has been used, the width of the shoe, the style of thr shoe and the last it was made on etc etc.

Generally speaking, my flats are the most comfortable. Having said that, I do love a 4″ or 5″ heel (without a platform) they do wonders for my look lol. For style, I have to say I love slingback courts best but also love leather granny boots and femme girly cowboy boots.

Well that’s my 2 peneth worth.

Take good care girls.

Anne-Marie.

Paula Pantyhose 
      Participant
      Registered On: September 8, 2017
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 23

That is exactly what i would have said. I love my 4.5” stilettos, even when in Handsome Husband mode I wear a boots with riding heels of at least 1”.

Donna James 
      Participant
      Registered On: March 4, 2019
      Replies: 472

Anne-marie cowboy boots with denim sounds interesting. x.

Anonymous
    Registered On:
    Replies: 2

It’s just a question of practice and maybe starting of lo and slowly increasing the heels I started that way and now am comfortable and might I say elegant in 4 or 4 inch heels Practice Honey

Davina Evans 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 23, 2019
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 82

I find 2 to 3 the most comfortable but love wearing big heels for short times.
    Davina

Christy Heaven 
    Participant
    Registered On: August 15, 2019
    Replies: 14
    1. I have worn stripper heels before without a problem! I absolutely love a 3 or 4 inch heel for everyday feet wear. I would definitely  suggest platforms or heels that are wider to start off with. It helps build the muscles and the coordination up in the ankles and calves.
       Christy Heaven 
      Participant
      Registered On: August 15, 2019
      Replies: 14

I’ve been told that once you can learn to walk and have good coordination. In a 3 in heel to practice dancing in it. Start off slow the progress as you are able to. Every lady should know how to move across a dance floor in a 3 in heel! 🎀🎀👗🎀🎀

Carolyn Kay 
        Participant

Christy I agree, dancing in 3 inch heels is something all of us should practice. If for no other reason it’s fun.

Leonara 
    Ambassador
    Registered On: October 13, 2015
    Replies: 251

I feel very comfortable with 3″ heels …. My choice are strappy heels, pumps, ankle straps, and open toe pumps… For femininity, I choose to polish my toe nails for wearing strappy heels and open toe lol However, my heels choice are not for everyday wear. I purchased flats to blend in. “girly flats” , I recommend flats should be included in a ladies shoe collection..
    Leonara

Carolyn Kay 
      Participant

Leonara, I agree with you in all counts, the three inch give you a very sexy feminine look. However, with my height I always have a pair or two of flats to fall back on (no pun intended, lol). I have accumulated over 40 pairs of shoes, I love trying to match them to an outfit.

T.J. Byron 
    Participant
    Registered On: October 18, 2018

I have soooooooo many beautiful shoes,  4″ ,with and without Platform soles. Love to match belts and bags with the shoes. Like open toe and with and without sling BACKS. That allows my stockings heels and toes to show. I just feel super sexy and feminine in my heels. But…I ALWAYS HAVE A PAIR OF FLAT BLACKS & Flat Blues in the car INCASE!!

Dr. T.J.

MacKenzie Alexandra 
    Ambassador
    Registered On: May 20, 2016
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 413

To be honest, I prefer flats and wedges to heels.  Some of it may be that my flats and wedges fit bitter and I do not feel that I am walking out of them.  However, with heels, I am most comfortable in two inch heels though three inches is my max height for a heel.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Bettylou Cox 
      Participant
      Registered On: May 26, 2019
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 248

MacKenzie,
      Same for me; around the house, I only wear my ballet flats. When I go out, it’s loafers or tennis shoes. I only own one pair of heels, and they are reserved for dressy occasions.
      Also have two pair of wedgies for wear with slacks.
      Bettylou

Davina Leone 
    Participant
    Registered On: August 3, 2019
    Replies: 5

I have some 4 inch heels, some flats, some 1/2 inch and some 1 inch heels. I am looking to get something in between to do my everyday housework and find out what is best. I have some flats that I use for my everyday house slippers.

Samantha Roarke 
    Ambassador
    Registered On: April 17, 2019
    Replies: 165

I have a black pair of heels I love and are so comfortable I can wear them alday with ZERO issues!  5.5″ Heel with 1.57″ Platform.

Davida Mae 
    Participant
    Registered On: January 14, 2019
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 157

I started with 5 inch stiletto Ankle Boots. 3.5 inch are my Back’s favorite height! Two lessons I learned about high heels 1) your bare feet/sweet my ruin a closed pair of shoes. A nylon bootie at least. 2) no I know why GG carry a pair of folding/ collapsing flats 🥿 in their purse👜

Lynda Jones 
    Participant
    Registered On: December 4, 2018
    Replies: 15

Heels,

My most comfortable shoes are Ugg 4.5 in wedges with a 1.25 platform. I can wear all day with no discomfort, next 9West knee high boots 4in heel and, .5 platform.

Good shoes and proper fit are the secret.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account