- No heel, flats
- One inch
- Two inch
- Three inch
- Four inch
- Five inch or more
- August 17, 2019 at 9:58 am #209020
Carolyn KayParticipantRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 8Replies: 44Has thanked: 258 timesBeen thanked: 113 times
- August 29, 2019 at 2:42 am #214549Paula FParticipantRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 39Has thanked: 27 timesBeen thanked: 99 times
Two inch is the most comfortable for me, I can even run in them. I am 6’1″, so anything over that makes me look like a WNBA player I do own a couple of 3″, but they are for special occasions, and I used to TRY to walk in 4″, and nearly broke things, lol. I have absolutely no clue how some people can wear 5″ or even some of the taller platforms without serious leg/ankle/or foot injuries. 1″ or flats are very comfy to me, esp the ballet type with the stiffer sole, easy on, easy off.
- August 26, 2019 at 6:49 am #213009rebekka mooreParticipantRegistered On: January 7, 2017Topics: 64Replies: 723Has thanked: 321 timesBeen thanked: 879 times
Funny but I just had an epiphany!
I am alone all day and pulled out my heels, already had my flats out. I had just bought a sparkly pair of flats, and I just could not help myself. I chose those to wear today! They feel so sexy on!
I just thought, so much easier to walk in and very fem looking! I love them! So now I have blue suede, brown, black, leopard print and my new black sparkly flats! I wish I could wear them all day!
Love and hugs to you all!
- August 23, 2019 at 4:59 pm #211797Rozalyne RichardsParticipantRegistered On: March 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 67Has thanked: 67 timesBeen thanked: 84 times
I broke my ankle quite a few years ago so anything over a 2 inch heel I find is hard to walk in, i do have some heels bigger than 2 inches but I can’t walk in them for long x
- August 20, 2019 at 10:16 am #210039Sara Marie Franklin (SMF)AmbassadorRegistered On: July 27, 2016Topics: 1Replies: 319Has thanked: 34 timesBeen thanked: 177 times
Love my 4 and 5 inch heels but after a couple hours MY FEET HURT. : ) Some of that is because I do not wear them only once a month. But I love my 3 inch heels and wedges because I feel feminine (thought a little tall, I’m 6′ without heels) and they are very comfortable.
- August 20, 2019 at 12:39 pm #210128Carolyn KayParticipantRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 8Replies: 44Has thanked: 258 timesBeen thanked: 113 times
Sara, I am also 6 ft tall but I still love my 3 inch heels. I have a few pair I can wear all day, they are comfortable.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- August 19, 2019 at 9:20 am #209713Deb CoxParticipantRegistered On: July 24, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 15Has thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 15 times
I only have 4.25 inch heels right now, and I can hang out for 3-4 hours at the bar, however, after dancing walking etc, my toes get very sore. I’m hoping to get some Classic one inch platforms, so I can keep a 4-4.5 inch heel, so sexy, but with the comfort of a 3-3.5 inch heel. I love the Classic heel look, just want to keep the cost down, still shopping for them. Thank you for the question, this is a great question to discuss on CDH.
- August 19, 2019 at 4:23 am #209607Anne PreussParticipantRegistered On: December 13, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 344Has thanked: 463 timesBeen thanked: 414 times
- August 18, 2019 at 3:19 pm #209515Paula1ParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2015Topics: 5Replies: 180Has thanked: 168 timesBeen thanked: 221 times
- August 18, 2019 at 6:34 am #209338michaela janeParticipantRegistered On: December 9, 2016Topics: 16Replies: 125Has thanked: 110 timesBeen thanked: 127 times
I’m a tall girl so 2″ heels are my limit, any higher & the ceiling fans would have my head off. I prefer my ballet flats, I can wear them for much longer.
- August 18, 2019 at 6:20 am #209334Michelle WilmingtonParticipantRegistered On: April 17, 2017Topics: 7Replies: 79Has thanked: 176 timesBeen thanked: 191 times
Flats are by far the most comfortable, but don’t look terribly sexy and feminine. I have some black pumps with about 2 to 3″ heels that I do just fine in. but my favorite gold heels my looks super sexy, but are uncomfortable as hell and very hard to walk in. As for your friend the technique is simple heels to toe in a straight line chin up, shoulders rolled back, It takes some practice, but if you still have too much trouble start with a lower heel or wedges and work up.
- August 18, 2019 at 12:56 am #209247Stephanie KennedyParticipantRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 86Has thanked: 132 timesBeen thanked: 154 times
I love a 3 inch heel for the look. When I am wearing my 3 inch heels with cute jeans or even better my leggings. I feel so cute and sexy. I can only wear them for so long. My everyday look and comfort I prefer my flip flops. Sneakers and flats. Our shoes can change the look of a outfit. You cannot beat the look of a girl in 4 inch heels. Especially if she knows how to walk and move in them luv Stephanie
- August 18, 2019 at 12:04 am #209236anne-marieParticipantRegistered On: August 26, 2018Topics: 3Replies: 229Has thanked: 277 timesBeen thanked: 249 times
I love very high, high heels but in the main they are not the most comfortable shoes I own. In saying that some are more comfy than some lower heals – it all depends on the particular shoe i.e. what material has been used, the width of the shoe, the style of thr shoe and the last it was made on etc etc.
Generally speaking, my flats are the most comfortable. Having said that, I do love a 4″ or 5″ heel (without a platform) they do wonders for my look lol. For style, I have to say I love slingback courts best but also love leather granny boots and femme girly cowboy boots.
Well that’s my 2 peneth worth.
Take good care girls.
- August 20, 2019 at 6:40 am #209978Paula PantyhoseParticipantRegistered On: September 8, 2017Topics: 4Replies: 23Has thanked: 54 timesBeen thanked: 45 times
That is exactly what i would have said. I love my 4.5” stilettos, even when in Handsome Husband mode I wear a boots with riding heels of at least 1”.
- August 18, 2019 at 12:26 am #209238
- August 17, 2019 at 11:36 pm #209224AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 2Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 2 times
- August 17, 2019 at 11:35 pm #209223
- August 17, 2019 at 8:44 pm #209211Christy HeavenParticipantRegistered On: August 15, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 14Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 19 times
- I have worn stripper heels before without a problem! I absolutely love a 3 or 4 inch heel for everyday feet wear. I would definitely suggest platforms or heels that are wider to start off with. It helps build the muscles and the coordination up in the ankles and calves.
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Christy Heaven.
- August 18, 2019 at 3:27 am #209275Christy HeavenParticipantRegistered On: August 15, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 14Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 19 times
I’ve been told that once you can learn to walk and have good coordination. In a 3 in heel to practice dancing in it. Start off slow the progress as you are able to. Every lady should know how to move across a dance floor in a 3 in heel! 🎀🎀👗🎀🎀
- August 18, 2019 at 3:52 am #209288
- August 17, 2019 at 4:19 pm #209159LeonaraAmbassadorRegistered On: October 13, 2015Topics: 2Replies: 251Has thanked: 396 timesBeen thanked: 244 times
I feel very comfortable with 3″ heels …. My choice are strappy heels, pumps, ankle straps, and open toe pumps… For femininity, I choose to polish my toe nails for wearing strappy heels and open toe lol However, my heels choice are not for everyday wear. I purchased flats to blend in. “girly flats” , I recommend flats should be included in a ladies shoe collection..
- August 17, 2019 at 4:26 pm #209163ParticipantRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 8Replies: 44Has thanked: 258 timesBeen thanked: 113 times
Leonara, I agree with you in all counts, the three inch give you a very sexy feminine look. However, with my height I always have a pair or two of flats to fall back on (no pun intended, lol). I have accumulated over 40 pairs of shoes, I love trying to match them to an outfit.
- August 17, 2019 at 4:08 pm #209154T.J. ByronParticipantRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 86Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 125 times
I have soooooooo many beautiful shoes, 4″ ,with and without Platform soles. Love to match belts and bags with the shoes. Like open toe and with and without sling BACKS. That allows my stockings heels and toes to show. I just feel super sexy and feminine in my heels. But…I ALWAYS HAVE A PAIR OF FLAT BLACKS & Flat Blues in the car INCASE!!
- August 17, 2019 at 12:07 pm #209042MacKenzie AlexandraAmbassadorRegistered On: May 20, 2016Topics: 43Replies: 413Has thanked: 107 timesBeen thanked: 534 times
To be honest, I prefer flats and wedges to heels. Some of it may be that my flats and wedges fit bitter and I do not feel that I am walking out of them. However, with heels, I am most comfortable in two inch heels though three inches is my max height for a heel.
- August 17, 2019 at 3:26 pm #209143Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 248Has thanked: 196 timesBeen thanked: 340 times
Same for me; around the house, I only wear my ballet flats. When I go out, it’s loafers or tennis shoes. I only own one pair of heels, and they are reserved for dressy occasions.
Also have two pair of wedgies for wear with slacks.
- August 17, 2019 at 12:06 pm #209041Davina LeoneParticipantRegistered On: August 3, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 5Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 7 times
I have some 4 inch heels, some flats, some 1/2 inch and some 1 inch heels. I am looking to get something in between to do my everyday housework and find out what is best. I have some flats that I use for my everyday house slippers.
- August 17, 2019 at 11:40 am #209039Samantha RoarkeAmbassadorRegistered On: April 17, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 165Has thanked: 370 timesBeen thanked: 275 times
I have a black pair of heels I love and are so comfortable I can wear them alday with ZERO issues! 5.5″ Heel with 1.57″ Platform.
- August 17, 2019 at 11:23 am #209038Davida MaeParticipantRegistered On: January 14, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 157Has thanked: 80 timesBeen thanked: 177 times
I started with 5 inch stiletto Ankle Boots. 3.5 inch are my Back’s favorite height! Two lessons I learned about high heels 1) your bare feet/sweet my ruin a closed pair of shoes. A nylon bootie at least. 2) no I know why GG carry a pair of folding/ collapsing flats 🥿 in their purse👜
- August 17, 2019 at 11:09 am #209035Lynda JonesParticipantRegistered On: December 4, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 15Has thanked: 13 timesBeen thanked: 28 times
My most comfortable shoes are Ugg 4.5 in wedges with a 1.25 platform. I can wear all day with no discomfort, next 9West knee high boots 4in heel and, .5 platform.
Good shoes and proper fit are the secret.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.