Viewing 29 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Ladies any advice
      In my cross dressing I have only ever worn flat shoes. The thing is I would love to wear heels, my problem is I’m 6’5” (195cm), with corresponding sized feet.
      I have managed to source some shoes with heels at a price that’s within my budget.
      Before I buy I wondered what do you taller girls do? I accept I’m never going to blend in exactly but I don’t want to stand out like a sore thumb. I’m aiming for feminine not halloween dress up.
      All advice will be graciously received

Daisy,

I am over 6 feet tall myself, though not as much as you.  I love to wear heels as I believe the accentuate my legs which is clearly my best assest.  As I also describe myself as a plus plus girl, I am careful about the style and height of heel for health and safety reasons.  That being said, I usually limit myself to no more than a 3 inch pump, but generally prefer a more chunky heel.  Wedges are also a favorite of mine.  I am not sure of your size, but I have had success finding heels and wedges that fit at affordable prices at Torrid.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Hi Daisy,

I’m a few inches taller than you are and in heels would be pushing 7 feet. I wear mostly women’s jeans and canvas flats trying not to stand out. I have two pairs of heels, but I don’t wear them in public.

Hi Daisy,

I’m 6′-4″. I wear 3-4 inch heels. I do expect to stand out like a sore thumb and I never hope to pass. My goal is just to be my wonderful self.

– Robyn

Daisy I am tall like you and when in public I will where a 2 to 3.5 inch heel, I save taller ones for home. I might wear taller ones to a little Halloween Party that didn’t entail a lot of walking or a photo shoot of some kind. Otherwise to be out as an every day woman I wear the 2 inch to 3.5 inch with a block or wider heel no spike or stilettos. If there will be a ton of walking or feet are a little sore from wearing heels the day before which happens when going to events for multiple days then a flat or 1 inch or less for me.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by April Sinclair. Reason: Wow bad spelling

Allow me to have a slightly different take on the topic. LOL.
      I’m a slightly older gal now, and the old ankles just aren’t what they used to be. I used to be able to walk in anything six inches and under, but not anymore or the old ankles start complaining pretty fast.
      So I have a wonderful collection of very pretty flats and kitten pumps, nothing over two and a half inches.

Hugs girls,

Ms. Lauren M

I have an issue that a few years ago I broke my foot quite badly (5months off my feet and 2 operations)

my feet get sore if I wear flat flat shoes, even my mens shoes have heels, so I think I need to find shoes with a low to medium heel

I’m 5’8″, so with my tall wedges I can hit 6’0″.  I do have a couple shorter block heels at about 3″ to 3 1/2″.  I don’t expect to blend in so no flats for me except my two pair of winter boots.  I just want to be me & enjoy life.  Of course I get odd looks when I am out but it is what it is.  I am a CD’er.

I’m 6’3” and I can wear only heels under 2.5 inches. I have a nice pair of ballet slippers that I picked up off Amazon and a standard pair of 2” pumps. Looking at buying a pair of 2.5 inch high MaryJanes for as Christmas present to myself!
      Why do I only want heels under 2.5? Easy, any higher I would hit my head walking thru doorways. Most only have an opening of 6’6”!

Unfortunately flats maybe a wedge. I wish my feet didn’t hurt in stiletto’s. If I could six inch steletto’s would be my daily wear.

I am 6 feet tall and absolutely love my 4 and 5 inch stilettos. Like Robyn Drake I am not trying to pass. Plus, I tend to dress at or around my home or at friendly events so I don’t worry about sticking out as much. That said, if I was brave enough to try and pass in public I would not feel comfortable in heels unless I was really convincing.  If I could easily pass I would embrace my stilettos because they make my legs and ass look great!

Anonymous

I’ve been told that cross dressers wear heels, TG’s wear flats.

I shall bare that in mind as a rule of thumb…although we know what they say about rules 🤣

Becka
      Lady

I love flats!!!! have several pair, and they can be so sexy!

Used to love heels when I was younger, but now love flats!

I wear mostly 3 inch heels and being 5’7″ I can blend in. I love the sensation of gliding across a room in heels and they look and feel so sexy. I do have a few pairs of flats which I do wear if a lot of walking is involved and love them depending on the outfit.

Lea
      Lady

The truth is that there are times our crossdressing just blends in and no one notices, and then there are times when a few people do. I frequently wear flats, with women’s jeans, and a nice top, but definite male from the neck up. Sometimes low wedges or heels.

I can go shopping at Target, full of people, and no one would notice. I went to my local library, nervously walked past a group of teens, and not one noticed.

Store security usually notices. Bored customers standing in line notice.

It’s not the heels or your height that will cause others to notice. It will be something else. People are often out and about, too busy to notice.  So, go for it, and confidence and attitude will take care of the rest.

Anonymous
      Lady

I suggest you get flats or low heels like kitten heels. As someone said, you don’t want to keep bumping your head on doorjambs. High heels are fun in the bedroom though.

I’m in the same boat as some of us older dresser’s heels hurt my feet and ankles, I do wear heels around the house from time to time, but mostly flat’s, in fact I just bought a cute of dark blue ballet flat’s and can’t wait to wear them out. Would like to find some cute kitten heels I’m hoping they will a bit more comfortable to walk around in.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Flats and 2″ heels maximum. Otherwise it throws out my creaky old back and gives me pain in my knees.

Caty.

I like to wear heels and wedges . But , no more than 4 inches . I have worn flat’s but heels give my calves and legs more definition .

I’m with you Ashlee I wear nothing but heels or wedges. They are so sexy ! I even wear heels with my hot pants this may be a little tacky but makes me feel so sexy

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Unfortunately due to a painful neuroma in one of my feet which has resisted treatment, I am limited to heels no higher than 1.5 inches. If I could wear higher heels it would have to be block heels because wearing anything like a thin, stiletto-type heel would only result in me breaking my ankle:)

Well, it appears that I am one of the shorter girls on here, I’m only two inches taller than the average height for women which is 5’4″. Eileen Bach said she’s been told that cross dressers wear heels, TG’s wear flats, well, I’m a trans woman and I wear lots of flats, everyday as a matter of fact. Before I transitioned I was having lunch with my sister at one of the local malls talking about clothes and shoes.
      She said to look around, nobody is wearing dresses or heels, they’re wearing tops with jeans or yoga pants, and flats or sneakers. So I’ve followed her advice and I blend in very nicely, mostly passing as a woman with the odd exception, then I can show them my ID which has Lauren’s photo and female designation.

Hugs girls,

Ms. Lauren M

Meredith
        Lady

Really good point. I mostly see sport sandals and flip-flops in summer and  athleisure and in winter ugg boots. I hate flip-flops.

Heels only which includes wedges in the summer. Heel heights are 3.5 to 4 inches. Platforms I have tried with out success. I wear heels with jeans, shorts and dresses.

What are flats? (Just kidding)

I stand 6’3 so my only option is flats, and I love them. ASOS have some killer options. I wear heels indoors for the feel, but being 6’7 in the great outdoors is too much for me.

Flats for me, I can’t walk in heels lol

I love heels 3″ or less due to the fact a 3″ heel makes me just over 6′ by about 1/2″ but Im a 12ww or 13w and if I find any that size they are very expensive. I adore flats though, especially the ones that are cut low and show a sexy hint of toe cleavage lol but also hard to find in my size. Heels are great for making my legs and ass look sexy as long as I’m not on my feet for long periods of time and can be hard to walk in, where flats can be worn without issue.

Best of luck with you quest honey

Michelle 💋💋

Michelle, I also wear a 13, depending on the shoe, usually wide. I have had some luck with the website shoeshowmega.com, they have some selection in that size, and many of their shoes are in the $20 – $30 range. They do have brick and mortar stores under the names Shoe Show and Shoe Dept. I don’t shop at the local one in person because Jay (my drab self) has a professional relationship with the store.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Daisy, I am not a tall girl (5’8″) So you may not want to take my advise but here it is….. Wear heels….

Hugs, Liara

Meredith
      Lady

How high of a heel? I last wore a 3 inch stilleto 10 years ago and it killed my knees. Height and weight and effect on joints should be considered as that will affect walk and comfort. Chunk heels and wedge heels are far easier to manage and more comfortable. I never go more than a 2 inch chunk heel or a 3 inch wedge. All the best dear friend.

What are Flats? Joking aside I’m a heels girl and don’t have any flats. Only exception to heels is if I wear sneakers. I’m about 5’9″ so I don’t get too tall but I do try to avoid Platform style heels if possible however some are 2 cute to not wear.

Sandy

I’m 6’-2” and 11 1/2 shoe. I’m not willing to give up on heels just yet. I have a pair of 3” strappy heels with a stiletto heel that I wear rarely due to difficulty walking. I have a pair of miles with. 2 1/2 block heel which I love. They are more casual and is my go-to shoe. My other shoe is a very sensible 1 1/2”  high pump. I have been looking for a D’Orsay type but not too high. As I’m get older I may be destined for flats or small heels. Ugh

I am 6′ and heels or wedges are my choice. I have a pair of Mary Jane’s with a 3″ chunky heel and a pair of stilleto’s with a 4 1/2 or 5″ heel. I wear a size 14 or 15 (women) so it’s hard to find at a decent price. I have been looking for a pair of wedges but no lock so far.

I wear flats most of the time.Heels for special occasions. All of my heels are 5″ and higher. Love wearing them!!:)

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?