Viewing 16 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello Ladies,

Is it normal for heels to feel “squished” or “crushed” in the foot pad/ toes area or do I have the wrong size? Because the heels fit snug and secure even with nylons and don’t flop off my heel, but the front of my feet feel “crushed”.

Sutekina
      Lady

There are different widths of shoes. Sounds like you are wide width. You should go to a shoe store and find out your precise shoe size.

I measure a size 10 regular male shoe. I bought a size 11 regular, 3 inch heel, round toe woman’s shoe.

Anonymous

A good in ladies’ shoes can be tricky; we do have wider feet (at least the ball part). You may find that a shoe wide enough for comfort is too wide in the heel; you will tend to walk out of them. I have extra-wide feet, and can only wear strappy heels or Mary Janes.

Hi Stephanie!
      I agree with the comments about needing a wide width. Which is not always easy to find!
      Try a sling back I have the best luck with that style. Also, I have found some cute heels at Torrid which has wide widths. You can order on line and have them shipped to a store near you, so you can try them on. Which is half the fun, right?

Amy Myers
      Baroness

In general women’s sizes are about two sizes bigger than men’s. If that helps you. For myself I find myself buying guy’s shoes in size 8 1/2 but in women’s I take a fairly consistent size 10.

Amy

I wear 9.5 w in mens. I wear a size 11 in womens and they fit me fine.

Pumped
      Lady

If a high heel shoe doesn’t fit snuggly at the ball of the foot behind the toes your foot will just slide down into the toe of the shoe until something else stops it. That said, there is too tight too. Different brands fit differently. Different styles in the same brand fit differently.  I own around 25 pairs of heels, all with a four inch heel or taller, some fit well, some are so-so, some are terrible! I have bought heels that were the correct length and width that were unwearable. The sole of the shoe was simply wrong.  The no name Chinese brands are worse. lather uppers fit better than man made, or plastic.

I wear heels daily. Some days maybe 10-12 hours, most days 5-6 hours. Now I will admit I am not on my feet the whole time, but continuously for that time.

I dont wear cruel shoes.

So, I think I found a big part of my problem. My big-toe nails needed shaping. That was the first. Second, I didn’t give the new heels time to stretch. I’ve been wearing them for the past few hours and now they are snug but not crushing.

Learning as I go 🙂

Thank you all for your feedback!

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

First, make sure you are wearing the right size as suggested. I wear an EE width in male shoes, you can imagine the trouble I have shopping.

2nd, Have you worn a lot of heeled shoes/boots in your life? I’ve worn Cowboy boots all my life and I still find wearing a 3 inch heel causes immense pressure in the ball and toes of my feet. I’m 6’1″ and weigh 215lbs. That’s a lot to put on toes..

This is like any other type of exercise, you’re going to have to work up to it(once you have the correct shoe size). Wear them a little bit at a time, walk around, wear them sitting, take them off. Build up your foot stamina and accept that sexy shoes are painful at times…

Take it slowly, don’t rush…good luck!

xoxo

Rayna

Anonymous
      Lady

All of the info is great and well worth listening to. I regularly wear 3 and 4” heels and am very comfortable running around all day in them. My couple of bits of advice are:

1. Pointed toe heels take a bit of getting used to. Make sure they don’t crush your toes.

2. Cheap heels, like cheap shoes are not the most comfortable. You unfortunately usually get what you pay for. There are exceptions.

3. PEDICURES!  Keep your toe nails well trimmed and maintained. Long toe nails will dig in and hurt. This is usually focused on either outside toe.

4. Practice and then more practice. You wont be able to just start on day 1 and go like a house afire. They take getting used to and practice walking in. As you become more adept they become more comfortable but there is a reason most gg’s carry flats for running around in and change out throughout the day.

Good luck and enjoy shopping for the right brand, fit, color, style and quantity of shoes.
      🍷C

I second Caroline’s  response! The toe shape makes a huge difference. For example I wear an 11 in Jessica Simpson heels, those are mostly pointed. I have found that if I go with a round toe then I can sometimes go 10. The round toe (most of the time) makes a good difference especially for those with a tad wider feet.

With shoes you generally get what you pay for. I loved Payless but to me, their shoes could get uncomfortable quick. Nine West on the other hand feels so much better. I can’t speak for the high end shoes like the ones with the red bottoms but I’m betting the comfort vs price almost looks like a bell curve, with Nine West and those types being in the middle. Would love input from someone who actually has high end shoes.

Toenails… if you put your finger inside the toe box and feel where your toe nail is cutting into the leather then maybe it’s time for a trim😁

I started this response then went back and read everyone else’s response… so I guess I second what many girls here are saying. Good luck!

Anonymous
          Lady

Tiffany I to loved Payless, twas a sad and dreary day they passed into shoe folklore. The upside was I discovered DSW and their many brands of shoes. I sadly have found that Vince Camuto and my feet have a passionate love for each other and I can practically put a 4” pair of Camuto stilettos on and walk all day (I have done this shopping and probably covered 5+ miles in 1 day). These are certainly not high end shoes in the fashion world but more than I ever thought I would pay, and I now have 5 pair. Still wouldn’t mind a pair with those “red soles”!
          🍷C

I LOVE my Vince Camutos, my favorite style is “Devin”… they are so stylish and comfortable. I have three or four pairs in different colors of that style. I also have some  cute VC open toe booties/heels that are just awesome. The first pair of those I bought was at DSW as well!

I use gel inserts to cushion the balls of my feet and they make a big difference, without them I could only last a couple of hours (all my heels are 4 or 5 inch)

love Stephanie x

Oddly enough, I find that I need 2 sizes down in Women’s shoes – but UK sizes for women (not sure about men!) are 2 sizes down from US, so a US size 9 is a UK size 7.

Got that?

I take size 11 men’s (UK), but find size 9 women’s, wide fit (EEE) to be perfect… usually.

See, sometimes they’re too small. Go figure.

Yet a women’s size 10 flops around my feet like a little kid wearing their mummies shoes.

Totally unwearable.

The kicker is that most (like 90% at least) shops don’t stock above size 8 women’s, so you have little choice but to take a chance online.

New Look and Evans are the best I’ve found, in terms of decent fit at a decent price, closely followed by Simply Be.

The very, very best UK shoes I ever found were in Jones the Bootmaker – absolutely divine size 9 court shoes with very supple leather, and a perfect fit. Reduced to £90 though… but that was the most painful thing about them.

I think it’s all about the width and the ability of the shoe to shape itself around your foot.

Decent, supple leather is your friend, while cheap plastics are unforgiving.

That said, I got some unbelievably cheap knee boots from Simply Be, which are so comfortable I can and do wear them for long stretches. The heels are only 2″, but they look and feel gorgeous!

Pot luck, in short…. 😋😍😘

Love Laura

Anonymous

Sounds like you need extra width in the shoe, an EE, or maybe an EEE width.

Anonymous

Most ladies’ shoes are B width; most men’s are D width. ( I happen to be “blessed” with EE.
      You probably should shop for shoes labeled as Wide width; but be advised that the choices for heels are limited. I have also found that shoes which are comfortable in the ball of the foot are usually too wide in the heel, and they slip.

Bettylou

I think the recommendation to go with a Wide size is the correct one.

Leslie
      Lady

I have found that it is not only the width but also the height of the toe box. I purchased a high heel shoe stretcher from ebay. This will widen the toe box and with the plastic inserts supplied increase the height of the toe box. To increase the speed of the stretch , I use a hair dryer to heat the area I want to stretch. Let the shoe cool down before removing the stretcher. Do not over heat the shoe as this can loosen the glue. Practice on an old pair first.

Hi Gen! 3 inch, round toe heels. Sitting and walking.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?