Tagged: high heels
- July 17, 2021 at 8:30 pm #519131Patricia Gil HernandezParticipantRegistered On: August 6, 2016Topics: 2Replies: 12Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 80 times
The allure of heels, so what is it about a cute pair of heels that calls to us. Without doubt it has happened to me where I am minding my own business, then suddenly I notice a cute pair of heels. Them I am like OMG I’ve got to have those heels! Then my thoughts are like, did that come from me? The answer would be yes, again. Again; I say, you just bought a new pair last week.
Heels come in so many styles, colors, fabric, and heel-height. They are just so pretty. Some have a way of making you feel so feminine, ladylike, or a bit not ladylike, if you so choose. Heels are magical in the way they make you feel inside. Colors to go with any of your dresses. Red is such a provocative color. While pink tells those who share this side of you they are dealing with a princess. Then there is white that says to all treat me like a woman.
Heel height to match the current mood you might be in. Though, you should know how too, walk in heels properly. Then if you enjoy dancing you’d better know how to dance in them. What about the intoxicating sound they make on a hard surface as you walk. Music to my ears I tell you.
The next morning my toes remind me with a tingle that I was in my heels last night. Probably should wear my flats this morning. Oh well, flats are nice, and my heels were magical last night. Have you seen my purse? A question if you will, why do I have five dresses, but need fifteen pairs of heels?
Total of 30 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- July 30, 2021 at 9:08 am #524965Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 155Has thanked: 625 timesBeen thanked: 841 times
Just a reminder girls that after you learn how to walk around the house in your new heels you should test the fit and try walking some distance in them to see how well they really fit. Strutting around a bedroom is different than walking down the street or around a park or Mall.
If the heel is even a bit loose your feet will rub blisters pretty quickly especially along the sides of your foot and you don’t want to be caught stranded away from your car or home walking barefoot to get back. This very thing happened to me once with some four inch pointed toed pumps. I had to walk a good distance carrying my heels, barefoot in the winter where my feet froze and my hose ripped. Never again! Break those heels in and get a good fit before you go the distance or it could be a walk of shame. We suffer for fashion but I love my heels.
- July 30, 2021 at 8:29 am #524948Danielle MacGuffinLadyRegistered On: May 21, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 119Has thanked: 275 timesBeen thanked: 440 times
I know I should buy a pair of flats, because I can’t walk all day in heels. But… but… Heels are just magical for me. I’m a short guy, so being elevated is intoxicating. I love looking down and seeing my painted toe nails peeping out. The way heels force me to walk in a slower, more feminine pace is wonderful.
I love heels. I want more!
- July 30, 2021 at 7:47 am #524937Holly WickerLadyRegistered On: July 6, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 5Has thanked: 13 timesBeen thanked: 35 times
Both my guy self and Holly are shoe lovers, been so as long as I can remember – to the point that I did not date more than one woman because of the shoe choice..lol But Heels are the ultimate shoe IMO. Attention grabbing (click click), sophisticated, elevating and form ones legs so nicely. The first time Holly put on some 4″ black pumps I was so excited; walking in them was another story..!
My cart on amazon is currently mostly shoes and all heels…so many shoes, so little feet..haha.
- July 22, 2021 at 1:49 pm #521369Falecia McGuireLadyRegistered On: January 11, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 168Has thanked: 223 timesBeen thanked: 942 times
I rest my case; with few words! Some of the creations of mankind capture the beauty of nature. I know that many of you agree – as you have spoken that high heels impart many things to many people. FAM
- This reply was modified 1 week ago by Falecia McGuire. Reason: Add picture
- July 22, 2021 at 10:28 am #521304Rachel WilliamsLadyRegistered On: June 16, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 209Has thanked: 564 timesBeen thanked: 602 times
- July 22, 2021 at 4:52 am #521153Birel GalanodelLadyRegistered On: May 3, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 258Has thanked: 689 timesBeen thanked: 1265 times
I would like to add another observation that I’ve made to this conversation. As many of you know from another thread, I’m practicing walking in heeled booties a little every morning, trying to get my feet used to them, so I can go out for a day in them (hopefully within the next month). So, I was just looking down at my feet. And, I think between the foot being angled up rather than flat, and the less round toe section, that these heeled booties are shorter than my flat shoes. They make my big feet look a little smaller.
So, in spite of the added height (which I really don’t need), I love the look of the heeled booties and what they do for my look as a whole.
- July 22, 2021 at 3:58 am #521143Natalee BrooksDuchessRegistered On: July 7, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 16Has thanked: 102 timesBeen thanked: 71 times
All great points and facts. I just recently got 4 pair. My first 4 pair. Three of them black ranging in style and heel size and 4th red. All ranging from 2.5″ to 4″ for now. I try to practice walking daily but it’s hard sometimes. I just ordered a white pair which should be in hopefully by the time I get home next week. They definitely make me feel and walk more femme and also just complete the look of a classy and put together woman. I also am a large gal, 6’6″ and size 16 woman’s heels. I’m starting small and going to work my way up to stilletos. We all gotta crawl before we walk. Lots of great points and opinions ladies. Love em all!
Peace n love 💕
- July 19, 2021 at 2:34 pm #519991Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1708Has thanked: 1287 timesBeen thanked: 4793 times
Heels to me are absolutely must haves. I’ve worn them with pantyhose and a bra since I was 4. Legs in pantyhose are nice. Legs in pantyhose and heels worn with short dresses or skirts are amazing. When I dress I always wear pantyhose with heels, usually 4 in.
My legs look so sexy, I love showing and seeing them. Without heels they look much more ordinary.
- July 22, 2021 at 4:13 am #521146Emily RobinsonPrincessRegistered On: July 9, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 25Has thanked: 137 timesBeen thanked: 54 times
I love this, Patty. Thank you, for giving me the words, cause I feel the same way. Xoxo Emily
1 user thanked author for this post.
- July 22, 2021 at 2:16 pm #521376
- July 19, 2021 at 11:35 am #519893
- July 18, 2021 at 3:38 pm #519513Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 102Replies: 2306Has thanked: 8247 timesBeen thanked: 12989 times
Heels for me are the height of femininity….look at all the films from the thirties up to now….all those actresses in gorgeous heels….
you can wear the most gorgeous lingerie…that hardly anyone sees….but everyone can see and hear the clip clip of those heels….
enough is never enough…
- July 18, 2021 at 11:06 am #519384DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 106Replies: 1713Has thanked: 11209 timesBeen thanked: 6055 times
Sometimes sandals or wedges or woman’s tennis shoes are just not enough do need to have some nice dress heels depending on experience anything from mid heel to higher heels or even stilettos.
If can do stilettos good then nothing like saying sexy while wearing those. Remember to take small strides and not fast.
Oh seen this video of a guy wearing stilettos boots and fell be careful don’t do his mistakes
- July 18, 2021 at 11:24 am #519391JackieAmbassadorRegistered On: February 18, 2016Topics: 27Replies: 159Has thanked: 287 timesBeen thanked: 654 times
I guess some wouldn’t wear the platform heels I wear ranging from 5.5″ to 7.5″ They were a little bit crazy getting used to but one hour in you can walk, dance even run like a true diva. My first pair was in the 70’s when they were super popular. Even guy’s just being guy’s were accepted wearing platforms during the disco era. It was cool because when I danced with a guy he wasn’t so much shorter than I. Just be careful walking on wet ground, they stick in it and really can throw your balance off. A pair of my platform stilleto heel boots did that in the snow a couple of years ago and made me fall and I sprained my ankle,,, ended my night out!
- July 18, 2021 at 3:42 pm #519518Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 102Replies: 2306Has thanked: 8247 timesBeen thanked: 12989 times
- July 18, 2021 at 3:24 pm #519493DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 106Replies: 1713Has thanked: 11209 timesBeen thanked: 6055 times
- July 18, 2021 at 3:45 pm #519521
- July 19, 2021 at 10:29 am #519862
- July 18, 2021 at 4:55 pm #519576
- July 19, 2021 at 10:30 am #519864
- July 19, 2021 at 2:53 pm #520005
- July 22, 2021 at 10:05 am #521292JackieAmbassadorRegistered On: February 18, 2016Topics: 27Replies: 159Has thanked: 287 timesBeen thanked: 654 times
Actually none of the padding or protection mentioned is needed. I think it’s all about whether or not your meant to walk in them or not. For example; I know women who really suck trying to walk in heels. As a matter of fact one of my sister’s couldn’t take a second step in a pair of heels and they were only 3″. I stumbled in heels a couple times when I was a kid but the only other times I screw up is in the snow or out partying. Some gurls just aren’t meant to have heels under they’re feet. Glad I’m not one of them because I love every pair I have and will get.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- July 22, 2021 at 1:19 pm #521359DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 106Replies: 1713Has thanked: 11209 timesBeen thanked: 6055 times
Oh believe seen same myself can walk in those have some platforms same as that. Same for stilettos with 7inch heel. You say have it or don’t have it to wear them. Like you happy able to wear them.
- July 18, 2021 at 10:45 am #519375Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 41Replies: 1115Has thanked: 315 timesBeen thanked: 3808 times
- July 18, 2021 at 10:21 am #519359Deborah SullivanDuchessRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 678Has thanked: 2927 timesBeen thanked: 2740 times
Heels are magical. They give us that feminine feeling and posture not to mention our restrictive walk and sound. They add so much to any outfit and wear them several days a week
- July 18, 2021 at 8:17 am #519288Birel GalanodelLadyRegistered On: May 3, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 258Has thanked: 689 timesBeen thanked: 1265 times
I have a love/hate relationship with heels. I just got a pair of heeled booties, which I’m dying to wear out somewhere. But, truth be told, in my limited outings en femme, I’ve never worn any footwear other than sneakers or sandals. For one thing, if I get in an uncomfortable situation, there is no way I can make a quick getaway in heels. That’s why I really need to go out with someone else, so that I feel a little more secure and could actually enjoy myself. But, more importantly, I’m on the taller side already, and feel like adding more height with heels will just draw more attention to me when I’m trying to blend in.
But, they are so feminine and sexy and irresistible…
- July 18, 2021 at 8:25 am #519290Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 155Has thanked: 625 timesBeen thanked: 841 times
Hi Birel. I’m a tall girl too at 6ft but I still love my heels. At our height we are noticed anyway so why not just be ourselves and go for it. Hold your head high and be proud of yourself because confidence is the best weapon against our detractors.
I have four and five inch heels I wear but also have short two inch kitten heels I wear sometimes if who I’m with is shorter than me or I don’t feel like bumping my head on door jambs.
- July 18, 2021 at 10:44 am #519374Mika MaloneDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 45Replies: 835Has thanked: 2094 timesBeen thanked: 3245 times
Michelle, my thoughts exactly. I am 6 feet tall, too. Blending in is difficult so I prefer to stand out. Last night, I wore 5 inch stilettos out for the first time. It wasn’t any different than wearing tennis shoes except for the pain at the end of the night, lol.
- July 18, 2021 at 8:45 am #519294Birel GalanodelLadyRegistered On: May 3, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 258Has thanked: 689 timesBeen thanked: 1265 times
Thanks Michelle, I believe you are right, that confidence is our best defense. Getting that confidence is a process that takes time, and I’m working on it.
My new booties are like 3 1/2 in heels. Finding footwear that actually fits me well is a challenge. I think I’ll need to wear short socks inside these booties, but they are probably the best fitting feminine shoes that I’ve gotten to date. So, I’m really excited to wear them somewhere. I can walk around the house ok in them, but I’m certainly not ready to try anything any taller than this. 🙂
- July 18, 2021 at 10:48 am #519380Mika MaloneDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 45Replies: 835Has thanked: 2094 timesBeen thanked: 3245 times
- July 18, 2021 at 8:50 am #519297Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 155Has thanked: 625 timesBeen thanked: 841 times
Birel. I’m with you on it being difficult to find heels that fit my big feet… 15 womens size. Keep walking in those heels and you will soon walk smoothly and with confidence until you can dance in them like a cis girl.
- July 18, 2021 at 8:13 am #519286
- July 18, 2021 at 8:07 am #519283LadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 155Has thanked: 625 timesBeen thanked: 841 times
We have to wear heels to make our legs look so sexy and to make our walk feminine with what butt we have to move so sexy. Also hose looks great with heels too and those polished toes sticking out of an open toed strappy heel is just so lovely. Heels also make us take shorter steps keeping us from stomping around like males do. Short steps with one foot in front of the other, spine straight, head held high and our butts swishing back and forth under our skirts. All this and the sound of our heels clicking on the floor is simply wonderful.
- July 18, 2021 at 7:12 am #519256Danielle AnayaLadyRegistered On: January 3, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 73Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 334 times
Three reasons for me. One, they are ummistakenly feminine. Two and three, they are the best tool that instantly make my legs look longer and shaplier and rounds my backside. I have too many pairs but I love them all.
- July 17, 2021 at 9:09 pm #519142AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 2Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 11 times
Because they bring everything together. I love them, I’m wearing 6″ platform stilettos as I type and they just bring the best out of any outfit (I have the house to myself tonight so I’m going through million outfit changes)….
….. they’re squishing my toes a bit now though 🙂
- July 17, 2021 at 8:57 pm #519141Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 21Replies: 2330Has thanked: 4800 timesBeen thanked: 8690 times
Why? Just because! I want heels in colors to match my nicer dresses and suits, because that’s how a proper lady dresses. Sadly, my dream remains a dream. My feet are more like yards; 13 Wide, and the few which can be found do not come in the pastel shades, or even in a bright blue or green. I envy the lucky girls with size 10 and under feet.
- July 18, 2021 at 7:22 am #519262Stephanie FlowersAmbassadorRegistered On: June 26, 2017Topics: 31Replies: 5284Has thanked: 9686 timesBeen thanked: 9738 times
- July 17, 2021 at 8:41 pm #519140JessicaCross JohnsonDuchessRegistered On: August 25, 2015Topics: 1Replies: 44Has thanked: 90 timesBeen thanked: 128 times
I just love heels, the higher the better tho’ I do have trouble walking in anything over 5″ but I can just wear them around the house and in bed for my activities. I have always loved heels but I’m also addicted to boots with 4-5″ heels, especially the ones that come up over my knees, 4 pair. But I do have 4 pair which just come up to my knees and I do have 2 pair of red shoes and 2 pair of red boots, I just love them so much. I go out as often as possible in my footwear, sometimes it is just to drive around in my vehicle to feel how they feel driving. I am seeing a psychiatrist and she has ginned up a letter for all of her patients explaining how we are TV’s or CD’s and we need to dress from time to time. I haven’t been stopped but my heart flutters every time I pass a cop or when one comes up behind me.
- July 17, 2021 at 8:41 pm #519137Trisha SmithDuchessRegistered On: August 24, 2020Topics: 16Replies: 252Has thanked: 86 timesBeen thanked: 1203 times
This is so on point. I just recently realized I need to buy clothes to match my heels as I have so many great shoes and nothing to wear with them. Not that it’s a bad thing. It’s not. Just kinda backwards. Or is it. Hmm
- July 18, 2021 at 10:54 am #519381Duchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 45Replies: 835Has thanked: 2094 timesBeen thanked: 3245 times
- July 22, 2021 at 1:56 pm #521371Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 21Replies: 2330Has thanked: 4800 timesBeen thanked: 8690 times
I am so jealous, Mika; and I feel so left out. A couple of months ago, I was fitted for new reading glasses. My doctor was dressed in this pale purple outfit: blouse, jacket skirt, pantyhose and shoes – all perfectly matched. So gorgeous, I had to compliment her on the look. Didn’t tell her I wanted to be the one wearing them, though.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.