Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hello girls!  New ish to dressing…  went out once and had a very supportive and good time…

Figuring out how to pose for the camera and will be trying my hand at applying makeup soon…

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Chrissy Simpson
      Duchess - Annual

Welcome Bette, enjoy the site and the forums. there are some articles on this.

Chrissy

Anonymous

Hi from the lower mainland!

Caroline

Anonymous

Okanagan here!

Terri Anne
      Ambassador

Hello Bette,

Welcome to our amazing CrossDresserHeaven (CDH) site. So glad you have joined us here. Feel free to explore all that our site has to offer.

The Warmth, Compaasion and Hospitality of our community members can be found throughout the site.

Please do make use of the forums and articles or public chat room and friendships offered here on CrosDresser Heaven.

At any Membership level, You can contact any of us via [ PM ] Private Messages.  You can find that link on each member’s Wall under their Profile picture.

Also, you may find what you need such as Help Center or Ambassadors by using the links in the top R/H drop down 3 bar [ hamburger ] menu.

Here is a good link to review the membership levels and the privledges for each. Such as Private Chat, Groups, etc.

Regards,

Terri Anne, Ambassador

=========== Link to our public Chat room   ==============

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/chat/

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Bette happy to welcome you  here. Browse our forums and learn about makeup, dressing and everything to better yourself to be as feminine as we can. Enjoy your time here and discover more as you explore our wonderful site. So nice having another Canadian gurl here with us.

Stephanie 🌹

Anonymous

Thank you very much Stephanie!

Hi Bette,

Welcome to CDH!

Alice

Welcome to CDH Bette.I hope you have fun on here and make many new friends.

Hi Bette

Posing I can help with. Set up mirrors so you can see what your poses look like. You can do things like just making a minor adjustment to the tilt of your head that will make a huge difference.

For make up I would suggest a visit to a good pro make up artist to see what he or she does with you. Make up requires practice just like anything else.

Barbie

<script src=”moz-extension://a5db4fb3-7504-42a5-af80-56e622fefbfe/js/app.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>

Anonymous

Thank you very much Barbie!

<script src=”moz-extension://a5db4fb3-7504-42a5-af80-56e622fefbfe/js/app.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>The most important thing is just have fun. I used to study classic pin up poses and try and recreate them. You can also build sets for your photos easily using inexpensive things from places like Party Stores.

Some of the happiest times of my life were when I was building sets and doing pin up style photos. When it comes to daily make up less is more. In pin up work heavier make up, bigger hair and more jewels will always work.

Barbie

<script src=”moz-extension://a5db4fb3-7504-42a5-af80-56e622fefbfe/js/app.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>

Anonymous

Thanks again Barbie!  I’m trying a few different things while looking for a “look”

My pictures and wardrobe choices started a bit rough…  I had no idea what I was doing and no direction at all other than a desire to dress as a girl…

I love the variety of fabrics and clothing styles …  and the shoes…  omg…  the shoes…

I have a pair of heels and a pair of otk boots…  love em both…  now to incorporate them into a look…

Bette

<script src=”moz-extension://a5db4fb3-7504-42a5-af80-56e622fefbfe/js/app.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>You will find your look. It just takes trial and error like anything else worth doing in this world. I was strictly a fetish girl so my look was in many ways easier to achieve than trying to be a regular girl which I find very hard to do.

It took me a few years of playing with make up and wigs before I thought I had found a look that worked for me. I stuck with it for a few years until a genius make up artist who also was a hair dresser gave me a massive rebuild.

It was way more than a make over. He showed me a me I had never imagined possible. Make up in the right hands is magic!

Love

Barbie

Anonymous

Yes Barbie!  Your words are ringing true to me…  this is going to take quite a bit of experimentation and time…  I’m enjoying this…  and the fun is in the getting there…  I  have a few very support gf’s…  they have me try on this and that…  pose this way and that…  we’re all having a good time….   thank you so much for your advice!

Hi Bette nice to meet you and happy you found and joined us girls here so get settled in relax and enjoy yourself here..  Girl as a new sister and family member you are welcomed with open arms into our home as well as yours now also.. With so much going on here from reading the forums and posts from many ladies telling there stories about there travels down there femme road in life .. So when you are comfortable with us please join in with a story or two about the life and times of Bette as she journeys down her girly path in life .. As for making friends here there are so many ladies from all over the world to build long lasting friendships with .. Again girlfriend nice meeting you and hope to see you around for a chat sometime..

Stephanie Bass

Welcome Bette from BC. Great to see another Canadian girl.

Ashley.

Tara Ryan
      Lady

Hi Bette,

Welcome, it is lovely to meet you, I hope you make lots of new friends.

I have been going out dressed for some time now but it did take a while for me to find a look and also learn some of the tips and ideas that can help you in being a woman.  I hope you achieve your goal, I am happy to share ideas, please feel free to message me anytime.

Tara.

Anonymous

Thanks Tara!  I will get in touch!

Hi Bette, and welcome! I think you will find doing makeup can be fun if you approach it as an ‘adventure’. When I resumed CD’ing about five years ago I knew nothing about makeup. (Earlier crossdressing was pretty much lipstick and some eyeliner). I started watching YouTube tutorials, but more importantly I started ‘experimenting’. I am still in the ‘experimentation’ mode, but I have progressed to where I am asked to do makeup for CIS women for events, such as weddings. I also have begun doing stage and special effects makeup and love it! I hope you find the same thrill out of transforming yourself into someone who is very feminine! Hugs, Paulette

Anonymous

Thank you very much Paulette…  will be looking at the Youtube lessons for sure and as you say, experimenting…  It’ll be fun as well as frustrating I expect.  Thanks again for your advice!

I am looking forward to hearing how you are doing!

Anonymous

You will Paulette!

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Welcome to CDH.

Hugs, Liara

Anonymous

Thanks Christina…  I’ll give that a try

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions & New Members’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?