Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I am 37 going on 38 I’ve been dabbling since I was little. I have broached the subject with my GF about CD but never actually told her I enjoy it. I was caught by my ex wife of 19 yrs with some lingerie that obviously wouldnt fit her, and she confronted me and I had to tell her, other than her no one else knows.

I have to say it feels amazing and relieving to talk about it. I am struggling with some things which I’m hoping all you fine peeps will help me out with for Ex. Makeup,hairstyles, shaving, how to find clothes that match my body, etc.

I try to buy off the internet and buy and sell pages but the sizes rarely fit me. So one thing for sure is I need to go shopping and would really love some company that can steer me in a direction and help ease my worries and make it fun. I’m very shy and quiet until im comfortable then look out lol.

If you’re in the Edmonton area send me messages let’s get together and go shopping out for a night on the town or just have a makeup day/party, I would need some notice as he works a 15 on 6 off schedule.

Im not sure what my name is yet but always liked the name Lilly and a tattoo on my arm says WORTHY so Lilly worth was born. Look forward to talking to you all about tips tricks and anything else we find ourselves conversing about.

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Lilly , it’s so nice to welcome another Canadian girl here with us. I’m sorry dear but I’m far from where you are as I’m from Ontario. But rest assure in time being here you may discover someone close or near you as we have members from all over.  Browse our site and start enjoying all that we are about. The ladies here are wonderful and love to talk and offer help and advice if needed and always here just to listen if one wishes. In time make lasting friendships and know we’re always here to share each other’s experiences in our love for dressing. Very nice meeting and love to chat anytime.

Stephanie 🌹

Thank you for your awesome reply. Yes I’m sure I will find some girlfriends on here somewhere sometime until then I’ll just keep on keeping on. I’m currently working on a picture as well but I’m so fussy I can’t seem to find one I like (besides the one of me just in a bra lol). Have fun and remember you’re the only one that can be you so be the best you you can be.

Molly
      Duchess

Hi Lilly (love the name);

I’m in Alberta, but in the Calgary area, and probably not a lot of a help to you directly.

I’ve recently met a wonderful and very out individual from Edmonton and did ask her about resources, and her suggestions were as follows:

1. Check with the Pride Center in Edmonton (meets on a Friday)
      2. If you want to come down to Calgary, the Calgary Illusions Socials (first Thursday of each month)
      3. If you like clubs (as in nightclubs), then there’s the queer bar: Evolution Wonderlounge
      4. She’s not complimentary or recommending the Edmonton Illusions group, but passing on those reasons is hearsay, so I wont.

She has had a few try to connect in the past, but they have always been no-shows, so she does’t do it any longer as she’s an hour out of Edmonton, if you start meeting people, you’ll probably run into her.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Molly

Thank you so very Much for the response Molly. I was born and raised in Calgary 12 years last of the general hospital. I will try to get up the nerve to check it out. Good call on the not spreading heresay, makes you awesome people in my books. Take care and be yourself no matter what if it makes you happy be you.

Welcome from the States Lilly!

Sounds like you’re on the right track to connecting locally.  And in the meantime you’ve made an invaluable connection here.  Treasure it and exploit it mercilessly. 😉

Anonymous

Hey Lilly, great name by the way! It would have been mine if I was born a girl, so there you go.

I’m a bit younger and still working on my own self acceptance, living with the wife (who is on board) and all that, just saying a hello and welcome!

Never been shopping in person but I do slowly window-shop past a lot of dresses when I’m walking around town.

Hello and thank you Lilly I love the name too. Mine would’ve been Barbara my mom told me once it was her late sisters name.   I too find myself window shopping everywhere I go, have never gotten the nerve to buy something do mostly online or buy and sell sites away from my home town. I’m glad to hear your wife is supportive of you and how you feel.  Maybe one day we can dress and go shopppng or walk down the road and feel amazing anywhere. Take care

Deanna Lund
      Duchess

I live in Florida but have a friend in Medicine Hat. She didn’t know me a Deanna though. The whole makeup and clothes thing is intimidating. Add gestures, posture, how to walk, how to stand, how to buy clothes, where and when do girls learn this stuff?

So so right Deanna it is so intimidating. I would’ve loved to learn that stuff when I was younger.

Anonymous

Check out the way women walk down the street, that’s about the best way you can see for yourself.

Guys look like they just got off a saddle and tend to wander a bit, whereas most women walk with their knees very close together in a straighter line. Typically, hitting like 80% of the time here. Girls can certainly look like they just got off a saddle, and a guy’s knees can certainly touch in normal day to day life, but it isn’t the majority. Women walk from their knees and sway their hips more often, men walk from their hips and tend to sway their mid back.

The shoulders! Drop ’em. Let them fall and keep them there. Elbows close to your sides if you’re picking something up. Look up! Head straight and forward, back straight, let yourself breathe deep into your belly it’ll help with a relaxed posture, let your chest pop out a bit (think open), and with a light relaxed smile on your face.

Best advise I can give, just watch people walk down the street, even better if it’s a couple so you can really see the difference. Men tend to be a little more hunched and eyes darting around, typically not smiling, shoulders all tense and up, chest is closed, head is slightly down looking about 8-10′ in front of them.

Just my own observations, hope it helps. Try going to the mall on a mid-day weekend and spend some time in the food court watching people walk around. You’ll spot it.

Welcome to the group.

I am now a transsexual lady as developed from a cd.

If you have any questions or just want to chat, please PM me.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions & New Members’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?