Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello there everyone, first time here and I’m looking for advice,

im 6″2 ish and rather large and really what I want to do now is focus on ways to lose weight in a way that will make my arms appear thinner

will let me lose weight in my belly

basically I want to get a feminine body, preferably without hormones through exercise and diet choices

hopefully I can get that help here!

Hi Jordan, welcome to CDH!

I’m in a similar situation.  The Mediterranean Diet, and 30 minutes of an exercise per day that will make you sweat is working well for me!   Some basics (all evidence based medicine):

• Stop drinking soda pop, even if it is unsweetened.  Artificial sweeteners trigger your brain so that your sweet tooth is never satisfied, and you collect belly fat from other foods you eat.
      • Eat breakfast
      • Stop drinking juice and smoothies – they seem natural, but are highly concentrated in sugar and you throw most of the real nutrients (like pulp and skin) away.  Eat real fruit instead.
      • Cut back on the alcohol.  One cup of wine per day – maximum!
      • Protein should only occupy 1/3 of your plate.  Fill the rest up with vegetables and fruits.
      • Cut back on potatoes (huge carbo load), and corn (mostly sugar).
      • Eliminate processed foods – period.
      • Limit breads to those you make yourself from whole grains.
      • You are allowed to splurge from time to time – but stay disciplined!
      • Here is a great author: http://www.goodfoodgreatmedicine.com/

It took me about three weeks to get with the program.  Honestly, I don’t crave fast food or sweets like I once did!

In no time at all, you will be mistaken for Uma Thurman!

– Mattie

Hi! Thanks for replying!

diets sound good but I’m not sure on my current financial ability to buy the food for it

and by processed what do you mean? I’m a little confused by it.

also what kind of exercises should I be doing in that 30 minutes? Running? Cardio? Anything that’s focuses on areas that would help me tone areas I want to lose weight in?

Good questions!

The “Mediterranean Diet” is not like the diets you see on television, it is more of an approach to how you approach the foods that you put in the temple.  The underlying thought is more fresh fruits and vegetables, and avoiding “fast” or processed foods.  If your ancestors from 600 years ago were eating it, you will probably be ok eating it too. I don’t know that it is any more expensive (possibly less once you eliminate fast and processed foods), but prep time will increase.  The author of the book that I mentioned in my first e-mail is a Doctor, and the recommendations are all “evidence based” medicine.

I have seen mixed reviews on “focused” exercises.  For example, you can do all of the sit ups that you want, but unless you loose weight, you will still have belly fat (with a very strong muscle wall below the fat!).  Pilates, yoga, and cardio consistently receive good marks in the literature that I read.  I’m out of my element here, but some types of weight training may be of benefit (light weights, higher number of reps?) – again, outside of the literature I have been reading.

Oh, sleep management is also part of the regimen!

In summary, it’s all about treating the temple with respect!

Mattie

Anonymous

Hi Jordan and welcome to CDH.

Rachel

Rose
      Lady

Hi Jordan, and welcome to CDH. It’s nice to meet you. Mattie gave you some fantastic general advice. I’ll add just a few things.

Regarding her list about foods and such: I would suggest starting slowly if you’ve struggled with sticking to a diet in the past. For example, if you’re a heavy soda drinker, try cutting back instead of cutting it out completely. Or find a “less bad” replacement. For example, several years ago, I decided I consumed far too much soda (typically, a 20 ounce bottle with lunch, sometimes another 20 ounce bottle at work, and 2-4 cans per day at home). I switched so that the soda I did drink was caffeine-free – mostly Sprite / Sierra Mist / 7-Up. I stopped drinking soda at work completely, and replaced it with Gatorade and Propel (basically, flavored vitamin water). While Gatorade and Propel both have sugar and junk in them, they’re a bit better than soda. Eventually, I swapped some of the Gatorade/Propel for ice water with lemon slices. Now it’s rare that I drink any soda, Gatorade, and so on. I drink almost exclusively water at work, and a mix of water, chai tea, and beer at home.

That’s not to say you should switch from soda to Gatorade to ice water with lemon. Instead, it’s an example of a gradual change.

The other piece of advice I’ll offer you is in answer to your question, “What kind of exercise?” Simply, whatever you find enjoyable. For most people, “exercising” is a chore or a hassle, and people will find excuses not to do them. As another example, I was told by my doctor I needed more exercise to help combat a medical condition. One change I made for that was to park as far away from the door as I can at work and most other places. It’s not a lot of extra walking, but every step counts. The other change – I started playing soccer and basketball, two sports I coach. I joined an adult soccer league, and during the winter I played in pickup basketball games once a week.

So, find something that’s considered exercise that you’ll enjoy. Sign up for zumba, yoga, or pilates. Take a class at your local community college to learn how to dance – ballroom dancing, the cha-cha, whatever. Join an adult league in a sport you enjoy – soccer, basketball, whatever. Take regular walks, whether before or after lunch, after dinner, whenever. Just make them regular. Find a rock-climbing wall near you. If you play golf, walk the course instead of using a golf cart. Whatever. The key, at least as I’ve found, is you have to enjoy it.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice Rose!

I’m planning on doing a little walking/running in the years to come

so hopefully that will be enough

also other exercises that will stack muscle in the feminine regions to help me pass

Hello Jordan,

I  dropped fromm 277 to 168, over a course of 7 years. Eating prooerly, exercise  etc… I don’t lift large amounts  of weight, tried to avoid “man”arms, lots of walking.

I’m  6’1” tall and weigh  approximately  162# now.

Cookie  😊

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions & New Members’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?