- July 25, 2022 at 5:24 pm #665376Abbey LaineParticipantRegistered On: June 22, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 10Has thanked: 67 timesBeen thanked: 71 times
Hello everyone, my name is Abbey. I actually joined the site on June 22, 2022, nut in typical Abbey style I froze up.I have been underdressing for a very very long time. I am still in the closet , but I did just come out to my son.Actually he came to the house and found me dressed. He was going to leave because he said he did want to embarass me. When I told him I was not embarassed we sat down and I explained to him the evolution of Abbey. During the discussion he asked why I do not tell my wife and I rold him I do not want to hurt her, and I asked him not to reveal this to her. His response was to tell me that he supports me, but he is sad that I feel I cannot live life as my real self. Well Abbey is starting to quit being afraid. This post is the first step. Thanks for reading this I hope to learn from all of you.
Total of 25 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- July 26, 2022 at 11:59 am #665524TamaraLadyRegistered On: July 22, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 15Has thanked: 146 timesBeen thanked: 52 times
I’m helping out my ex daughter in law she is 52 and lost job to COVID-19 . I moved in with her and 30 year grandson to keep her from losing house and car. She’s not crazy about me being female but excepts it. She is fashion police so I’ve toned down my wardrobe. I love sexy flirty even sluty things. Now that opened me to more conservative dress. I can still look sexy. My granddaughter is a little up tight grandson and I go to stores together. We hang out with each he’s cool with me. I kid him about some of his friends I find cute . They still call me rob because I was super butch all their lives. We’re all one big happy mess. Love y’all ❤️
- July 25, 2022 at 11:51 pm #665444DavinaDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: April 15, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 88Has thanked: 668 timesBeen thanked: 234 times
- July 25, 2022 at 10:32 pm #665439Tara RyanLadyRegistered On: April 20, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 512Has thanked: 1758 timesBeen thanked: 1909 times
Welcome, it is lovely to meet you. What a wonderful and kind person your son is, you must be very proud of him. And you are showing courage to step out now and be your true self, well done.
I came out to my children this year and it was very nerve wracking and rewarding. They have been so accepting it is has changed my life.
I hope you make lots of friends here, I am happy to keep in touch if you would like any advice or support, please feel free to message me.
- July 25, 2022 at 10:13 pm #665436Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 973Has thanked: 21444 timesBeen thanked: 3408 times
It sounds like you raised a wonderful son! How awesome that he feels such empathy for you having to hide Abbey away from everyone!
Welcome to this wonderful community. You will find lots of support, and acceptance here as well!
- July 25, 2022 at 9:47 pm #665431Gina AustinLadyRegistered On: July 20, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 3Has thanked: 19 timesBeen thanked: 31 times
Howdy Abbey and glad you were able to make a post!
What a nice reaction from your son and thankful you’re receiving some support from a loved one.
Used to live in IL waaaay back, close to St Louis. Have a good summer and happy dressing! Blessings from hot Texas.
- July 25, 2022 at 8:00 pm #665414Christina IsmeLadyRegistered On: April 8, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 289Has thanked: 291 timesBeen thanked: 838 times
I have been full time since I was 9 till now and I have been enjoying it. I found it is always to be open about it. Everyone I know calls me Christina and accept me as Christina. For some it’s a one step at a time process. Every step you take get you closer. The girls 👧 here can help you just go into the chatt room and get to know everyone and welcome to the site
- July 25, 2022 at 7:25 pm #665404Kerri SmithLadyRegistered On: April 22, 2022Topics: 11Replies: 95Has thanked: 91 timesBeen thanked: 457 times
Where in Illinois do you live?
I livejust east of Rockford. I am alone now so Kerri can come outwhenevershe wants. If you are ckose by we should chat and see if we might want to meet for coffee at aStarbucks in girl mode.
- July 25, 2022 at 7:18 pm #665402Trish WhiteBaronessRegistered On: December 2, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 278Has thanked: 1039 timesBeen thanked: 1037 times
All I have to say is you have one terrific son!! The same thing happened to me with my youngest son and later I came out to my oldest son and both were understanding and supportive as well. The younger generation is so much more accepting than back in my younger days. My wife knows I cross dress and has since before we were married she doesn’t like it but had shielded my cross dressing from my sons. So I think it was a load off of her mind when I did come out.
If I was you I would tell your wife especially since your boy knows and supports you in crossdressing. I think you wife will go him with the news if you tell her and he will be a huge help in hopefully helping your wife not only deal with it but also help her realize it isn’t the bomb shell she may think it is.
If you do tell her I would love to hear how it went if you decide to share it with us.
- July 25, 2022 at 7:06 pm #665400Susan TalbotLadyRegistered On: June 28, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 175Has thanked: 1222 timesBeen thanked: 596 times
- July 25, 2022 at 6:31 pm #665394Stephanie BassHostessRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 24Replies: 3754Has thanked: 54159 timesBeen thanked: 13210 times
Hi Abbey nice meeting you and happy you found and joined us girls here so get settled in relax and enjoy yourself here.. As a new sister and family member you are welcomed with open arms into our home as well as yours now also.. So happy girlfriend that you were able to come out to your son and hope the courage works up to discuss with wife of a third for bridge ha ha .. comunification is key here open and honest helps win the race .. Many ladies here as my self included have supportive wifes or SOs to make life easier with help with your journey down your girly trip .. As for making friends here there are so many ladies from all over the world to build long lasting friendships with and girl we all are just a click away .. Again girlfriend nice meeting you and hope to see you around for a chat sometime..
- July 25, 2022 at 6:30 pm #665393Jane MansfieldLadyRegistered On: December 27, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 308Has thanked: 586 timesBeen thanked: 1058 times
Hi Abbey, your son accepts you, and yes, it can be difficult to tell our spouses. Quite often they say just tell me. You are in a dilemma. Brooching this with her will show trust and faith from you as this is a major time in your life.
Open conversation time to absorb and patience.
All the best Jane.
- July 25, 2022 at 6:29 pm #665392
- July 25, 2022 at 6:15 pm #665388Fredrika JonesLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 415Has thanked: 507 timesBeen thanked: 1397 times
- July 25, 2022 at 6:12 pm #665387Paulette ParfoisDuchessRegistered On: November 17, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 461Has thanked: 1597 timesBeen thanked: 1666 times
Hi Abbey, and welcome from another Illinois girl now living in Arizona. I am a senior who, when I returned to crossdressing after a lengty absence, decided to tell my family about Paulette right up front. After some awkward moments things have settled down and my wife accepts Paulette as long as I don’t overdo it! I do enjoy being able to explore my feminine side openly. I now go out in public as Paulette and find if anyone even notices, they certainly don’t seem to care. I look forward to hearing more about your journey. Hugs, Paulette
- July 25, 2022 at 5:32 pm #665380Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 94Replies: 5251Has thanked: 7397 timesBeen thanked: 13356 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.