- January 21, 2023 at 9:40 am #711117Katie DelvatineParticipantRegistered On: January 21, 2023Topics: 1Replies: 9Has thanked: 21 timesBeen thanked: 51 times
I’ll be honest in that I’ve pontificated for months about whether to join, and even now I feel totally out of my comfort zone. However, I’ve read many articles and looked at the various messages on the forums from afar and decided to take the plunge. Whilst I don’t think I’ll ever be at the stage (or have the confidence) that many of the contributors have on here, hopefully sharing some experiences may help me become a little more content. Please bear with me if I don’t use the right terms or ask stupid questions.
I’m middle aged and an occasional dresser: mainly dresses, skirts and tights; but it’s generally in private, with only the occasional stealthy trip outside (in the dark), or wearing items under male clothes. Throughout most of my life I’ve had a kind of love/hate relationship with my dressing, going through periods of being quite active to literally getting rid of anything and wanting nothing to do with it. As a result, I’ve probably wasted many, many hours wondering why I am the way I am (was I born like this, or was it because of the various life events that have steered me in this direction?), but I’m now at the point where I generally accept it and go with the flow, although I’m not really sure how to define myself. I do have a SO (Female) but she is not aware of my dressing and would probably run a mile if she really knew.
In terms of how it all started, I may post something separate, as I know topics have already been created on this kind of thing, but I know I’m not being original when I say it began with having to wear tights in a school play when I was about 6 or 7. How that developed, with all the other experiences and emotions is another story, but it’s safe to say that for a good period of my younger life I thought I was the only person who dressed up secretly, which created its own issues of guilt and insecurity. How my eyes were opened with the advent of the internet!
Anyway, apologies for the length of this and for probably going over lots of old ground. I look forward to being part of the site.
Total of 25 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- January 28, 2023 at 9:33 am #713051
- January 23, 2023 at 1:47 pm #711714Helena FieldLadyRegistered On: February 14, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 89Has thanked: 247 timesBeen thanked: 375 times
Welcome to CdH from another UK girl and I am a secret mature crossdresser my wife doesn’t know.
Love to wear panties, thong, skirt and dresses but very rarely dress en femme.
Don’t have wig, make up, or shoes just enjoy wearing certain clothing, and have not been out fully dressed.
Enjoy the site there are plenty of girls to learn from.
- January 23, 2023 at 9:07 am #711625Allysa GrantLadyRegistered On: November 1, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 250Has thanked: 1844 timesBeen thanked: 982 times
Hello, Katie. I have been dressing for awhile and I now how it is to have mixed feelings. There are times when I feel guilty about my dressing and other times I am happy. I was the son who was not wanted so I was dressed as a girl from a very young age. Now it is a problem for me because I feel ashamed when I dress as a man knowing that the way I was raised is how I should act. I was raised to honor and respect my parents wishes. Feelings can definitely make it hard for someone who is exploring a new area of their lives and I truly wish you the best in your journey. Hugs, Allysa
- January 23, 2023 at 10:08 am #711648Katie DelvatineLadyRegistered On: January 21, 2023Topics: 1Replies: 9Has thanked: 21 timesBeen thanked: 51 times
I think I’ve come to just accept these types of feelings will always be with me and there’s no point in trying to fight them. Whilst your story is different to mine, the whole guilt think is something which seems quite common to a lot of us, especially when we were younger. With me, it wasn’t just because I was doing something I know was out of the ordinary and “not acceptable” (at the time at least), but because there was a whole secrecy thing going on with lying to my parents and being somewhat sneaky in my actions to hide my true feelings and intentions.
There was a point where I almost felt like I had two versions of myself and it took a lot of effort to make sure the two didn’t get mixed up.
- January 22, 2023 at 10:42 am #711434Stephanie FlowersAmbassadorRegistered On: June 26, 2017Topics: 35Replies: 6631Has thanked: 14361 timesBeen thanked: 14107 times
happy to welcome you here with us . Girls here love to chat and will be looking forward to hearing from you. Enjoy being part of this wonderful place of same mined souls all expressing their own unique opportunities in this exciting new world . Very nice meeting you.
- January 22, 2023 at 2:35 am #711298
- January 21, 2023 at 11:09 pm #711283Greta La FolleLadyRegistered On: August 6, 2022Topics: 6Replies: 419Has thanked: 763 timesBeen thanked: 1496 times
Thanks for sharing your words.
Welcome to CDH, a large and welcoming family. It’s a pleasure to meet you here.
Here you will be able to exchange opinions and information and find support to go forward in your enfemme adventure.
Have fun participating in the forums, polls and questionnaires.
Here no one is judged, but always welcomed with a warm embrace.
I’m Greta, a 56-year-old CD/TG person (I’m taking my first steps in HRT); with a life a little complicated by having to hide my gender identity for too long ….. when I’m alone at home and I know I have no guests I’m Greta, if I’m at work or I have guests at home I’m Greta dressed in unisex clothing outwardly like Mr. Antonio but wearing my women’s underwear of course.
XOXOX from Italy 🇮🇹
- January 21, 2023 at 6:27 pm #711242Jen ViviLadyRegistered On: January 3, 2023Topics: 2Replies: 18Has thanked: 60 timesBeen thanked: 118 times
Welcome to CDH! It’s a fun, inclusive, supportive and informative forum where you’ll find encouragement to be yourself – whoever it is that you want to be.
Your anecdote about gathering clothing and then getting rid of them is quite familiar. I’ve done that a few times in my life but I think I have now figured out that I want Jen to be a part of my life. She has come and gone and come again, and now she’s hear to stay.
No matter what your motivation, you’ll find friends and supporters here. So welcome, again! And please do reach out privately or publicly if you have any questions or just need someone to hear you out.
- January 21, 2023 at 6:18 pm #711238Fiona BlackBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 23, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 428Has thanked: 271 timesBeen thanked: 1799 times
Welcome to CDH Katie. You will like it here. A good many of us ladies have gone the purge route at times so it’s fairly normal to happen, even more than once.
As for figuring out why I am a cross dresser, I wondered about it on and off through the years but stopped last May when I dressed fully and went out in public en femme for the first time. I just accepted that I was a cross dresser, was happy that I was and haven’t thought about it since. Your comment saying you were “… at the point where I generally accept it and go with the flow” should be a good way to proceed. As for defining yourself, don’t concern yourself with that yet. It will become clearer as you move along your dressing journey.
- January 21, 2023 at 4:32 pm #711215Christina IsmeLadyRegistered On: April 8, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 716Has thanked: 771 timesBeen thanked: 2218 times
- January 21, 2023 at 3:36 pm #711204
- January 21, 2023 at 2:53 pm #711195Stephanie GreenLadyRegistered On: November 20, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 107Has thanked: 119 timesBeen thanked: 438 times
- January 21, 2023 at 1:59 pm #711185
- January 21, 2023 at 1:58 pm #711184Meeshelle PaulyLadyRegistered On: January 15, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 81Has thanked: 110 timesBeen thanked: 339 times
- January 21, 2023 at 1:47 pm #711183Charlotte WalkerDuchessRegistered On: April 18, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 614Has thanked: 2857 timesBeen thanked: 2085 times
- January 22, 2023 at 8:26 am #711403
- January 21, 2023 at 12:52 pm #711163Jennifer ConnollyBaronessRegistered On: November 27, 2022Topics: 5Replies: 79Has thanked: 209 timesBeen thanked: 484 times
Welcome, Katie. It seems funny to me that you have almost the same story in your post as I do, but the more you read here, the more you will find out that most of us have the same experience. That’s what will help you to enjoy your time here. I was also apprehensive at first, but you will actually find it easy in a short period of time to get past that. You’ll love it here shortly.
- January 22, 2023 at 8:29 am #711406
- January 21, 2023 at 11:08 am #711138Rozalyn RichardsLadyRegistered On: July 27, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 694Has thanked: 710 timesBeen thanked: 2702 times
Hi Katie welcome to CDH it’s nice to meet you, we are like one big happy family on here so don’t be shy come on in and join the family, I’m a mature crossdresser I’ve been dressing most of my life since i was about 8 or 9 years old when i tried my older sister’s lingerie on, thanks for sharing your story with us i think most of us on here share the same story, I know i did when i started dressing i thought i was the only one who liked wearing women’s clothes but with sites like this I’ve found that there are lots of girls like us all over the world, I’m a UK girl too I’m up in Shropshire, there are lots of girls on here from beginner’s to full time girls who dress 👗 24/7 we don’t judge anyone on here it’s a safe place for everyone if you have any questions just ask and the girls will get back to you X 🎀
Hugs Rozalyn X 💋
I’m also in the closet to my wife X
- This reply was modified 1 week ago by Rozalyn Richards.
- January 22, 2023 at 8:31 am #711407LadyRegistered On: January 21, 2023Topics: 1Replies: 9Has thanked: 21 timesBeen thanked: 51 times
- January 22, 2023 at 11:16 am #711442Rozalyn RichardsLadyRegistered On: July 27, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 694Has thanked: 710 timesBeen thanked: 2702 times
Your welcome Katie, I had one older sister and two younger sister’s , so i could only wear my older sister’s lingerie at the time because my younger Sister’s didn’t develop into women till after i left home, my older sister wore upto date fashion’s of the 60’s and not older fashion’s of the 40’s like my mother,
Hugs Rozalyn X
- January 21, 2023 at 10:34 am #711133Stephanie BassHostessRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 27Replies: 4399Has thanked: 63278 timesBeen thanked: 15744 times
Hi Katie nice to meet you and so happy you found and joined us girls here so get settled in relax and enjoy yourself here.. You know girl as a new sister and family member you are welcomed with open arms into our home as well as yours now also .. Girl there is such a wealth of knowledge here to access and learn from so look around and ask many questions of these wonderful ladies here telling there stories about there journeys down the femme road they are on in life.. When you get comfortable with us please join in with a story or two about the life and times of Katie as she travels down her own girly path in life.. Now girlfriend as for making friends here there are so many ladies from all over the world to build long lasting friendships with and best of all we are just a simple click away from you .. Please do us a small favor girlfriend and return to your profile page and fill in more please as this is how we get to know you better thankyou .. Once again girlfriend nice meeting you and hope to see you around for a chat sometime soon..
- January 22, 2023 at 8:36 am #711410LadyRegistered On: January 21, 2023Topics: 1Replies: 9Has thanked: 21 timesBeen thanked: 51 times
Thanks Stephanie. I meant to update the profile page but just wanted to get a feel for things first. I’ve added some more detail now.
- January 21, 2023 at 10:21 am #711129Lorraine LowryDuchessRegistered On: January 2, 2023Topics: 0Replies: 53Has thanked: 74 timesBeen thanked: 171 times
Welcome from over the pond! I am a newbie (2 months ) myself. I came on line and received to many messages the first night , I bolted for the escape button. The next day I realized these were all girls like myself who are warm and sincere when they chat. I came back and soooo glad I did. So take it at your pace, love to chat/ friend if you like. Someday hope to come to London for session or 3 with The Boudoir crossdressing service. Lorraine
- January 21, 2023 at 10:15 am #711127LeonaraAmbassadorRegistered On: October 13, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 804Has thanked: 3531 timesBeen thanked: 2468 times
Welcome Katie to CDH where like minded ladies offer friendship and support… thank you for sharing your biography which is probably the same for 95% of the sisters here, including me… as you can see by the comments so far we welcome you with open arms.
warmest regards, Leonara
- January 21, 2023 at 10:06 am #711124Heidi SmithLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2023Topics: 1Replies: 17Has thanked: 42 timesBeen thanked: 69 times
- January 21, 2023 at 10:04 am #711122Trish WhiteBaronessRegistered On: December 2, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 484Has thanked: 3127 timesBeen thanked: 2081 times
Hi Katie, believe me, it’s never old news when it’s coming from a new sister. The more familiar you get with CDH the more you’re going to love it. The CDH family is full of the most caring compassionate girls you could meet. I’ve been a member for a bit more than a year and believe me when I say that CDH literally was a life saver for me. Message me anytime.
- January 21, 2023 at 9:47 am #711118April SinclairDuchessRegistered On: April 29, 2022Topics: 8Replies: 385Has thanked: 4901 timesBeen thanked: 1851 times
Hello Katie welcome to CDH I am glad you have shared a part of who you are and found us and made the step to become part of a family that is welcoming, understanding, compassionate, and supportive. So many of us have similar backgrounds to yours and while we are all similar and have many of the same desires we all differ on our goals or public expression and or level of personal experiences. I encourage you to explore the many forums, topics, polls and member biographies found here as there are a wide range of members all over the spectrum of feminine expression or those on the path to transition and those that have. There are also links to websites that have products and services that may help you on your own personal path of acceptance and self expression. Ultimately it is a place, home, or world were you can feel feel comfortable and confident in who you are; as being who you truly are as your authentic self of you being a man, a woman, or expressing your feminine desires feelings and or qualities. I am happy you are here and have made a choice to accept this part of yourself as self acceptance is the most important thing you can do for yourself and others. You can’t expect others to accept you if you don’t accept yourself all of you. As you are sharing a part of your authentic self here on CDH it ultimately lifts some of the burden that you may be feeling which many of us have carried for what seems like a lifetime you are not alone. I am happy you have made the step to be here. Welcome!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.