Viewing 21 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi,

I’ll be honest in that I’ve pontificated for months about whether to join, and even now I feel totally out of my comfort zone. However, I’ve read many articles and looked at the various messages on the forums from afar and decided to take the plunge. Whilst I don’t think I’ll ever be at the stage (or have the confidence) that many of the contributors have on here, hopefully sharing some experiences may help me become a little more content. Please bear with me if I don’t use the right terms or ask stupid questions.

I’m middle aged and an occasional dresser: mainly dresses, skirts and tights; but it’s generally in private, with only the occasional stealthy trip outside (in the dark), or wearing items under male clothes. Throughout most of my life I’ve had a kind of love/hate relationship with my dressing, going through periods of being quite active to literally getting rid of anything and wanting nothing to do with it. As a result, I’ve probably wasted many, many hours wondering why I am the way I am (was I born like this, or was it because of the various life events that have steered me in this direction?), but I’m now at the point where I generally accept it and go with the flow, although I’m not really sure how to define myself. I do have a SO (Female) but she is not aware of my dressing and would probably run a mile if she really knew.

In terms of how it all started, I may post something separate, as I know topics have already been created on this kind of thing, but I know I’m not being original when I say it began with having to wear tights in a school play when I was about 6 or 7. How that developed, with all the other experiences and emotions is another story, but it’s safe to say that for a good period of my younger life I thought I was the only person who dressed up secretly, which created its own issues of guilt and insecurity. How my eyes were opened with the advent of the internet!

Anyway, apologies for the length of this and for probably going over lots of old ground. I look forward to being part of the site.

KatieD

Hello Katie welcome to CDH I am glad you have shared a part of who you are and found us and made the step to become part of a family that is welcoming, understanding, compassionate, and supportive. So many of us have similar backgrounds to yours and while we are all similar and have many of the same desires we all differ on our goals or public expression and or level of personal experiences. I encourage you to explore the many forums, topics, polls and member biographies found here as there are a wide range of members all over the spectrum of feminine expression or those on the path to transition and those that have. There are also links to websites that have products and services that may help you on your own personal path of acceptance and self expression. Ultimately it is a place, home, or world were you can feel feel comfortable and confident in who you are; as being who you truly are as your authentic self of you being a man, a woman, or expressing your feminine desires feelings and or qualities. I am happy you are here and have made a choice to accept this part of yourself as self acceptance is the most important thing you can do for yourself and others. You can’t expect others to accept you if you don’t accept yourself all of you. As you are sharing a part of your authentic self here on CDH it ultimately lifts some of the burden that you may be feeling which many of us have carried for what seems like a lifetime you are not alone. I am happy you have made the step to be here. Welcome!

Hugs April

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Katie, believe me, it’s never old news when it’s coming from a new sister. The more familiar you get with CDH the more you’re going to love it. The CDH family is full of the most caring compassionate girls you could meet. I’ve been a member for a bit more than a year and believe me when I say that CDH literally was a life saver for me. Message me anytime.

Trish 💖

Anonymous
      Lady

You can learn alot about yourself here. Being brave enough to sign up gets you in on the dialogue.
      Welcome.

Leonara
      Ambassador

Welcome Katie to CDH where like minded ladies offer friendship and support… thank you for sharing your biography which is probably the same for 95% of the sisters here, including me… as you can see by the comments so far we welcome you with open arms.
      warmest regards, Leonara

Welcome from over the pond!  I am a newbie (2 months ) myself.  I came on line and received to many messages the first night , I bolted for the escape button.  The next day I realized these were all girls like myself who are warm and sincere when they chat.  I came back and soooo glad I did.  So take it at your pace,  love to chat/ friend if you like.  Someday hope to come to London for session or 3 with The Boudoir crossdressing service.    Lorraine

Hi Katie nice to meet you and so happy you found and joined us girls here so get settled in relax and enjoy yourself here..  You know girl as a new sister and family member you are welcomed with open arms into our home as well as yours now also .. Girl there is such a wealth of knowledge here to access and learn from so look around and ask many questions of these wonderful ladies here telling there stories about there  journeys down the femme road they are on in life..  When you get comfortable with us please join in with a story or two about the life and times of Katie as she travels down her own girly path in life..  Now girlfriend as for making friends here there are so many ladies from all over the world to build long lasting friendships with and best of all we are just a simple click away from you .. Please do us a small favor girlfriend and return to your profile page and fill in more please as this is how we get to know you better thankyou .. Once again girlfriend nice meeting you and hope to see you around for a chat sometime soon..

Stephanie Bass

Thanks Stephanie. I meant to update the profile page but just wanted to get a feel for things first. I’ve added some more detail now.

Katie

Hi Katie no pressure was ment hugs girlfriend..

Thanks Stephanie

Hi Katie welcome to CDH it’s nice to meet you, we are like one big happy family on here so don’t be shy come on in and join the family, I’m a mature crossdresser I’ve been dressing most of my life since i was about 8 or 9 years old when i tried my older sister’s lingerie on, thanks for sharing your story with us i think most of us on here share the same story, I know i did when i started dressing i thought i was the only one who liked wearing women’s clothes but with sites like this I’ve found that there are lots of girls like us all over the world, I’m a UK girl too I’m up in Shropshire, there are lots of girls on here from beginner’s to full time girls who dress 👗 24/7 we don’t judge anyone on here it’s a safe place for everyone if you have any questions just ask and the girls will get back to you X 🎀

Hugs Rozalyn X 💋

I’m also in the closet to my wife X

Thanks Rozalyn.

I didn’t have a sister, but I was always restricted to my Mum’s stuff which meant I was somewhat limited in what I could try on.

Your welcome Katie, I had one older sister and two younger sister’s , so i could only wear my older sister’s lingerie at the time because my younger Sister’s didn’t develop into women till after i left home, my older sister wore upto date fashion’s of the 60’s and not older fashion’s of the 40’s like my mother,

Hugs Rozalyn X

Welcome, Katie.  It seems funny to me that you have almost the same story in your post as I do, but the more you read here, the more you will find out that most of us have the same experience.  That’s what will help you to enjoy your time here.  I was also apprehensive at first, but you will  actually find it easy in a short period of time to get past that.  You’ll love it here shortly.

Thanks Jennifer. I look forward to reading more articles and hopefully getting to know a few more people.

Hi nice to meet another UK resident. It’s brilliant here informative and friendly. I am here to chat anytime.

Hugs Charlotte

Lizzie
      Lady

Hi Katie
      It’s all good. Thanks for your story. About the same here. The main thing I think is to not beat yourself up. Say yes to the mess and the dress.
      Message anytime.
      Lizzie
      I prefer that to Meeshelle

Erika Henderson
      Duchess - Annual

Hi, Katie!  Welcome to CDH!  I’m so happy you are here!

Erika

Hi Katie,

Welcome to CZdZh.

Alice

Anonymous

Well hello 👋 nice to have you here. I am full time girl 👧 been that way most my life. If you want to chat just jump in we be glad to have you welcome to the site

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Welcome to CDH Katie. You will like it here. A good many of us ladies have gone the purge route at times so it’s fairly normal to happen, even more than once.

As for figuring out why I am a cross dresser, I wondered about it on and off through the years but stopped last May when I dressed fully and went out in public en femme for the first time. I just accepted that I was a cross dresser, was happy that I was and haven’t thought about it since. Your comment saying you were  “… at the point where I generally accept it and go with the flow” should be a good way to proceed. As for defining yourself, don’t concern yourself with that yet. It will become clearer as you move along your dressing journey.

Fiona

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Katie,

Welcome to CDH! It’s a fun, inclusive, supportive and informative forum where you’ll find encouragement to be yourself – whoever it is that you want to be.

Your anecdote about gathering clothing and then getting rid of them is quite familiar. I’ve done that a few times in my life but I think I have now figured out that I want Jen to be a part of my life. She has come and gone and come again, and now she’s hear to stay.

No matter what your motivation, you’ll find friends and supporters here. So welcome, again! And please do reach out privately or publicly if you have any questions or just need someone to hear you out.

xoxo
      Jen

Hi Katie

Thanks for sharing your words.

Welcome to CDH, a large and welcoming family. It’s a pleasure to meet you here.
      Here you will be able to exchange opinions and information and find support to go forward in your enfemme adventure.
      Have fun participating in the forums, polls and questionnaires.
      Here no one is judged, but always welcomed with a warm embrace.

I’m Greta, a 56-year-old CD/TG person (I’m taking my first steps in HRT); with a life a little complicated by having to hide my gender identity for too long ….. when I’m alone at home and I know I have no guests I’m Greta, if I’m at work or I have guests at home I’m Greta dressed in unisex clothing outwardly like Mr. Antonio but wearing my women’s underwear of course.

XOXOX from Italy 🇮🇹
      Greta ❤️

Katie –

Welcome to CDH

XOXO
      Suzanne

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Katie

happy to welcome you here with us . Girls here love to chat and will be looking forward to hearing from you. Enjoy being part of this wonderful place of same mined souls all expressing their own unique opportunities in this exciting new world . Very nice meeting you.

Stephanie 🌹

Hello, Katie. I have been dressing for awhile and I now how it is to have mixed feelings. There are times when I feel guilty about my dressing and other times I am happy. I was the son who was not wanted so I was dressed as a girl from a very young age. Now it is a problem for me because I feel ashamed when I dress as a man knowing that the way I was raised is how I should act. I was raised to honor and respect my parents wishes. Feelings can definitely make it hard for someone who is exploring a new area of their lives and I truly wish you the best in your journey. Hugs, Allysa

Thanks Allysa,

I think I’ve come to just accept these types of feelings will always be with me and there’s no point in trying to fight them. Whilst your story is different to mine, the whole guilt think is something which seems quite common to a lot of us, especially when we were younger. With me, it wasn’t just because I was doing something I know was out of the ordinary and “not acceptable” (at the time at least), but because there was a whole secrecy thing going on with lying to my parents and being somewhat sneaky in my actions to hide my true feelings and intentions.

There was a point where I almost felt like I had two versions of myself and it took a lot of effort to make sure the two didn’t get mixed up.

Katie.

Hi Katie
      Welcome to CdH from another UK girl and I am a secret mature crossdresser my wife doesn’t know.
      Love to wear panties, thong, skirt and dresses but very rarely dress en femme.
      Don’t have wig, make up, or shoes just enjoy wearing certain clothing, and have not been out fully dressed.
      Enjoy the site there are plenty of girls to learn from.
      Love
      Helena

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Welcome Katie.

Hugs, Liara

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions & New Members’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?