- December 25, 2022 at 5:29 pm #704017Heather ThomasParticipantRegistered On: December 25, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 10Has thanked: 34 timesBeen thanked: 69 times
I am a 50 year old MTF living just outside of Madison. I have spent much of my life wanting to explore my female side but never had the courage to do so.
I have recently divorced after almost 3 decades of marriage. Now that I find myself starting over, and old enough to not care as much what others think, I have decided it was time to start letting the real me begin to show itself.
I have decided I want to go with a blunt Bob hairstyle and am in the the transition process. I can’t say I’m excited by how it looks presently but am excited to see how it will look come summer.
I bought a couple of dresses online, and a cute little night gown, to get myself started. I mainly bought for price as I try to figure out how to best fit this body into a dress.
The one thing I quickly realized is I look like a hot mess in the two dresses I bought. I am definitely going to need A LOT of help and guidance to achieve the look I desire.
I am excited to meet you all and begin this journey!!
Total of 21 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- December 27, 2022 at 9:27 am #704373Deana LeeLadyRegistered On: December 17, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 14Has thanked: 43 timesBeen thanked: 95 times
- December 27, 2022 at 11:55 am #704414Heather ThomasLadyRegistered On: December 25, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 10Has thanked: 34 timesBeen thanked: 69 times
Thanks for saying hi!! It would be great to meet up sometime! I am thinking of heading up to Green Bay for the Thursday night get together. Have you ever attended one of those?
- December 31, 2022 at 7:31 am #705378Deana LeeLadyRegistered On: December 17, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 14Has thanked: 43 timesBeen thanked: 95 times
- December 31, 2022 at 7:52 am #705385Rochelle MillsBaronessRegistered On: March 16, 2019Topics: 10Replies: 134Has thanked: 292 timesBeen thanked: 387 times
It would be wonderful if you could both stop by this coming Thursday evening for our CD/trans/gender fluid meet-up. Such a great group and venue. See Martha for details (more info in the WI Group).
- December 27, 2022 at 9:10 am #704370Becky DavisLadyRegistered On: February 10, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 127Has thanked: 1519 timesBeen thanked: 572 times
- December 27, 2022 at 8:55 am #704368Stephanie FlowersAmbassadorRegistered On: June 26, 2017Topics: 35Replies: 6648Has thanked: 14477 timesBeen thanked: 14165 times
welcome, express yourself with complete confinance. Here our ladies are so understanding and very supportive. Meet with some of them and enjoy their help and most of all acceptance to make your time here such a wonderful experience. Making friendships is so much fun and know there’s always someone here to talk to and to listen when needed. Happy to meet you and hope to see you sometime here soon. Hugs
- December 26, 2022 at 7:20 pm #704258Stephanie RobertsDuchessRegistered On: May 20, 2020Topics: 25Replies: 1262Has thanked: 11371 timesBeen thanked: 4980 times
- December 26, 2022 at 11:18 am #704157Trish WhiteBaronessRegistered On: December 2, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 485Has thanked: 3129 timesBeen thanked: 2088 times
Hi Heather, welcome to our Sister hood. You will love it here all your sisters are a living and d compassionate bunch. I’m not even close to Wisconsin I live in the southern interior of British Columbia. If you have questions or just want to chat message me anytime.
- December 26, 2022 at 11:08 am #704154Christina IsmeLadyRegistered On: April 8, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 729Has thanked: 788 timesBeen thanked: 2268 times
Congratulations making the first step is what gets us started along the way. I have been full time girl 👧 since I was 9 till now at 62. Going out for the first time is always exciting even at the age of 9. We need to know who we are and take hold of it and start making them first steps. If you have a friend or relatives you can go to it makes things easier. A girl you may know she can help you dress out make yourself up, and then give you support getting out and around. We are glad to have you welcome to the site
- December 26, 2022 at 9:41 am #704133Holly MonroeLadyRegistered On: May 15, 2017Topics: 2Replies: 3Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 32 times
- December 26, 2022 at 6:42 am #704111Stephanie BassHostessRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 27Replies: 4419Has thanked: 63659 timesBeen thanked: 15829 times
Hi Heather nice to meet you and so happy you found and joined us girls here so get settled in relax and enjoy yourself here.. You know Heather as a new sister and family member you are welcomed with open arms into our home as well as yours now also.. Girl there is a wealth of knowledge here to access and learn from just look around and ask many questions and remember there are no silly questions here maybe you will get some silly answers ha ha .. The many ladies here telling there stories about there journeys down the femme path in life they lead.. So when you get comfortable with us please join in with a story or two about the life and times of Heather as she travels down her own girly path in life .. Now girlfriend as for making friends here there are so many ladies from all over the world to build long lasting friendships with and best of all girlfriend we are just a simple click away from you.. Once again girlfriend nice to meet you and hope to see you around for a chat sometime soon..
- December 26, 2022 at 6:28 am #704108
- December 26, 2022 at 6:02 am #704094Marg ProdueLadyRegistered On: March 16, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 351Has thanked: 1545 timesBeen thanked: 1362 times
Hello Heather and welcome to CDH. There are lots of kind and smart people here who can help you on your way. If you are interested in meeting others at groups, You might try The Madison Area Transgender Association that usually meets 4 times a month at The Outreach Center that is near the airport. I do suggest that you go on the Net and double check for times and locations because they sometimes change. Also, Martha (matty here on CDH) also hosts a very nice First Thursday Party in Green Bay once a month. It is usually well attended with many people getting a motel room and staying over although some people just drive if they are close by. You can also look at the Members list on CDH and reach out to people near you. Just take your time. Things will usually go slowly until you find your path. Hopefully this will help you. Safe Journey, Marg
- December 26, 2022 at 6:36 am #704109BaronessRegistered On: March 16, 2019Topics: 10Replies: 134Has thanked: 292 timesBeen thanked: 387 times
Hi Heather — Welcome to CDH! Lots of info and encouragement here.
Marg, thanks for the great WI suggestions (and for being a wonderful sister!). I would second the get-together on the evening of the First Thursday of each month in Green Bay at a great LGBTQ friendly establishment. Martha has organized this event for several years and it brings in CDs/trans/gender fluid from around the state and the UP.
Have fun exploring your femininity and finding out what works for you!
- December 26, 2022 at 2:15 pm #704208Marg ProdueLadyRegistered On: March 16, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 351Has thanked: 1545 timesBeen thanked: 1362 times
- December 26, 2022 at 9:08 am #704123LadyRegistered On: December 25, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 10Has thanked: 34 timesBeen thanked: 69 times
I REALLY appreciate this information!! I currently have a very small wardrobe at the moment and not sure how confident I’d be out and about in anything I currently own. Is it okay to just come in jeans?
you folks are awesome!!
- December 26, 2022 at 2:23 pm #704212Marg ProdueLadyRegistered On: March 16, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 351Has thanked: 1545 timesBeen thanked: 1362 times
Jeans are just fine. You will be welcomed as you are. Some people get all dressed up, some people get just a little dressed up and some people come in drab. No problem and no recriminations. Just show up, learn, have fun and be honest. Martha is a great host and nobody feels left out. You can contact her for particulars as you see fit. Safe Journey, Marg
- December 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm #704224LadyRegistered On: December 25, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 10Has thanked: 34 timesBeen thanked: 69 times
I was hoping that was the case. I am trying not to invest too much money until I get some of the basics figured out. With that said, I did find a couple of cute dresses online this afternoon. If I can figure out what shoes I should wear with them, I may wear one 😉
I am so looking forward to meeting some new friends!!
- December 26, 2022 at 5:41 am #704086
- December 26, 2022 at 2:57 am #704070
- December 26, 2022 at 1:34 am #704058Rozalyn RichardsLadyRegistered On: July 27, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 724Has thanked: 742 timesBeen thanked: 2810 times
Hi Heather welcome to CDH it’s nice to meet you, we are like one big happy family on here so don’t be shy come on in and join the family, I’m a mature crossdresser I’ve been dressing most of my life since i was about 8 or 9 years old when i tried my older sister’s lingerie on, I’m still in the closet to my wife and family, I’m sorry i can’t meet up with you for a coffee ☕ I’m on the other side of the pond in the UK, I’m sure there are lots of girls near to where you live who will be happy to meet up with you for a coffee and a chat, if it’s help and advice you need you have come to the right place we don’t judge anyone on here it’s a safe place for everyone, if you have any questions just ask and the girls will get back to you,
Hugs Rozalyn X 💋
- December 26, 2022 at 9:17 am #704126LadyRegistered On: December 25, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 10Has thanked: 34 timesBeen thanked: 69 times
I am sorry to hear you are so far away! I certainly would have loved that cup of coffee!
Thank you for sharing your story. It really is encouraging to hear that others have had similar feelings and experiences. I only wish I would’ve reached out earlier in life. It sounds like it could take a lot of time before one feels comfortable with their new look and I am no spring chicken.
Nevertheless, I am grateful to finally have the courage and support to move forward now!!
- December 26, 2022 at 10:42 am #704146Rozalyn RichardsLadyRegistered On: July 27, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 724Has thanked: 742 timesBeen thanked: 2810 times
Hi Heather the one good thing about this site is that it’s shown me that we are not alone, there are lots of us girls all around the world, when i was growing up i thought i was the only one who liked wearing women’s clothes, there are lots of girls who have all been through the same sort of things that we have,
Only a crossdresser knows what another crossdresser has been through,
Hugs Rozalyn X
- December 25, 2022 at 11:17 pm #704049Alana AngelLadyRegistered On: December 13, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 20Has thanked: 130 timesBeen thanked: 92 times
- December 25, 2022 at 10:43 pm #704046Greta La FolleLadyRegistered On: August 6, 2022Topics: 6Replies: 428Has thanked: 778 timesBeen thanked: 1518 times
Welcome to CDH, a large and welcoming family. It’s a pleasure to meet you here.
Here you will be able to exchange opinions and information and find support to go forward in your enfemme adventure.
Have fun participating in the forums and questionnaires.
Here no one is judged, but always welcomed with a warm embrace.
I’m Greta, a 56-year-old CD/TG person (I’m taking my first steps in HRT); with a life a little complicated by having to hide my gender identity for too long ….. when I’m alone at home and I know I have no guests I’m Greta, if I’m at work or I have guests at home I’m Greta dressed in unisex clothing outwardly like Mr. Antonio but wearing my women’s underwear of course.
XOXOX from Italy 🇮🇹
- December 26, 2022 at 9:25 am #704127LadyRegistered On: December 25, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 10Has thanked: 34 timesBeen thanked: 69 times
Thank you so much for reaching out to me. This is the one area I feel lucky getting divorced- I have the apartment to myself all the time and don’t have to worry about being judged by my ex wife.
I never thought of the unisex approach to clothing, but it sounds perfect for me at this juncture. I’m curious what your work wardrobe consists of and wonder if you have any suggestions.
I actually am feeling more confident in the last 48 hours since joining. I keep my windows open in the evening- basically coming out to my neighbors. This morning I actually went dress shopping in public instead of going on line. I didn’t find anything I liked, but to me it was a big step in becoming the real me!
Again, thank you and happy new year!!
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Heather Thomas.
- December 25, 2022 at 9:19 pm #704042
- December 25, 2022 at 6:45 pm #704028Sherri RemingtonDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 8, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 159Has thanked: 154 timesBeen thanked: 644 times
- December 26, 2022 at 9:27 am #704129
- December 25, 2022 at 5:51 pm #704020Sherri RemingtonDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 8, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 159Has thanked: 154 timesBeen thanked: 644 times
- December 25, 2022 at 5:49 pm #704019Allysa GrantLadyRegistered On: November 1, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 252Has thanked: 1859 timesBeen thanked: 1002 times
Hello,Dave. Welcome to CDH. You have come to the right place for support and advice. All of the ladies are willing to help you with your journey and your questions. I am 55 and live in indiana. I have been dressing for awhile and I am still learning how to look my best. There are websites that you can use to learn about makeup and size guides but the size guides will give you a general size. For pants and slacks take the waist size of you mens pants and subtract 22. Shoes are 1 and a half larger then your mens size. In example a size 10.5 in mens is a size 12 in womens. Shave all over very closely. There is a great feeling with fresh shaved legs. Hope this helps for a start to you. Hugs,Allysa
- December 25, 2022 at 6:03 pm #704023LadyRegistered On: December 25, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 10Has thanked: 34 timesBeen thanked: 69 times
Thank you so much!
I guess these are the two things I feel I need to do next. Number one, hair removal. I am TERRIFIED of this concept. I have a hard enough time shaving my face without cutting it. I’ve been wearing black leggings with my dresses to hide my leg hair- not to mention I think my legs look great in them- but I really need to do something with my chest.
The other thing I have to take care of is my face. I have no idea where to begin and, unfortunately, I need a look that can transition in and out of both worlds. I am afraid of backlash at my place of employment.
Thanks again everyone and I am so grateful to have found this place!
- December 25, 2022 at 5:46 pm #704018Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 1281Has thanked: 28373 timesBeen thanked: 4734 times
Welcome to CDH from another Cheese Head! This is a wonderful place for learning and sharing. The girls here are very friendly, and supportive.
It’s great to meet you,
- December 25, 2022 at 6:07 pm #704024LadyRegistered On: December 25, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 10Has thanked: 34 timesBeen thanked: 69 times
Thank you, Lara!
I am so glad to have found this place!
Being new to this whole thing, I need to ask a question that I hope doesn’t come off as stupid…
Are there any local groups or establishments here in Wisconsin where like minded people hang out? I ask because I am a hands on learner and wonder if there are those who like to coach others through these beginning stages. 😉
- December 25, 2022 at 9:37 pm #704044Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 1281Has thanked: 28373 timesBeen thanked: 4734 times
There are no stupid questions here.
Being a closet girl myself, I haven’t been getting out and finding groups just yet. I have learned a lot here from the forums, and there is a lot of great information available for CD’s on YouTube also.
There is a member directory available here in the hamburger menu. I believe there is also a directory for groups. They are both searchable by area.
Have a look around the site, get to know some of the girls. This is a great place!
If you would like to chat feel free to send me a private message.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.