Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi everyone! Here to embrace my feminine side, mid thirties, been dressing since I was 10, have recently asked myself what would make me happy. I am happiest as a women, had to really admit it to myself, I want to transition and live full time as a woman, but that would mean breaking up with my sweet girlfriend, who just tolerates my dressing, and giving up our life together and starting fresh.

Needless to say I am a bit scared right now….

Welcome Bethany!

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Bethany,  trying to figure who we are is certainly a taunting task but now you are among friends. We understand how you must be feeling and here is a good place to explore and discover who you are. Many here experience different paths but all have a common goal to transform ourselves to be that lady we feel inside. If only for the love of dressing in woman’s clothing or is it more. Transitioning is a huge change in one’s life and certainly needs much thought.   Giving up a good relationship is something that you should seriously consider  hard. Is this what you may think you want or something you really need.  Theses decisions are difficult and I hope best on what you decide. Meet with  many of our wonderful ladies ,talk with and share each others experiences through this wonderful world we have chosen. Enjoy your time with us and know your part of a caring community of support and acceptance for all , welcome..

Stephanie 🌹

Anonymous

Hi Bethany—-my thought on this is to give a lot more thinking on transitioning…….it is very costly not only in money, but in self sacrifice and likely to suffer relationship problems, as you’ve noted already.

have you discussed this with your girl-friend ?  Sometimes, a loving partner wants you to be happy and just maybe she’ll support you out of wanting you to be happy and then maybe you’ll come to a point that an actual transition isn’t the end-game.  You’ve said nothing about your sexuality, except that you have a girlfriend so I assume you’re essentially a binary person, or maybe a bi………..have YOU defined yourself first ?  If you are solely attracted to females, then why go to all the trouble and expense just to transition to be physically one ?   My two cents would be do all you can to get to the physical changes you would want, but don’t transition……..from what you’ll never be able to back track.

I would ALSO suggest you investigate how many who have transitioned, wished now they hadn’t, and how many have committed suicide which is many times more than the general population.

Good luck !!!

Mikki

Hi Bethany. i would think twice before changing sex, once its done its done and you might loose everything you have.  i am a x dresser and have been for many years. on and off. now on allot when i can and love the feeling of it, make me happy and less depressed and less panic attacks. my wife knows of my x dressing and lets me dress up when 1 last adult child is still home. wife will tell me i can do what i like to do and i know what that means. she has seen me dressed up and also getting dressed up but will not sit with me or talk like 2 woman, does not help with make up or style my wig. i buy my own dresses,nylons,bras, panties, pad, make up, perfume, skirts, blouses of what i have in skirts not many.  it a wonderful thing to dress up and feel feminine but no fun not sharing it with s.o.  but i have friends here on C.D.H , flickr, and ur not alone.   i like C.D.H better then the other 2. i feel more relaxed with C.D.H and have friends that under stand. well take care and enjoy. good luck and hope all goes well for you

Welcome to the site Bethany!

Hi, Bethany!!!

I just wanted to say hello and to welcome you to Cdh.  We are here to offer support and to help make each other feel like part of the community.  If you ever need to talk, feel free to do so.  Always stay true to yourself and the positives should come with it.  Take care.

Cassie💗

Thank you every one for your replies, it’s nice to know I’m not alone in this

Welcome Bethany.You are welcome to chat to me.Send me a p.m. if you so wish.

Thank you everyone for your support and advice. A little update since I was last on here, I have decided that I won’t be transitioning, my girlfriend and I had a long discussion and she has accepted my need cross dress and I like where I am now. We recently were married and she even gave me a pair of jeggens as a wedding gift to wear when I am lounging around the house and have my own corner of the closet for my women’s clothes.

Aoife
        Lady

That’s good the hear! When we first have to confront these things we tend to come to some very extreme conclusions that may not be the truth. Getting that perspective takes time. You’re very lucky she has been so encouraging, but it could just be her showing you her limits.

feel free to reach out to me any time. I am 32 and I feel like those of us around our age need to stay close!

hearts and rainbows

Welcome Bethany !

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions & New Members’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?