- July 9, 2022 at 1:23 pm #661324JennaParticipantRegistered On: July 5, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 2Has thanked: 12 timesBeen thanked: 41 times
Hey everyone. I’m new to this community and need help choosing a name. I’m a recent cd, bisexual femme. My birth name is Jared. I did a google search and found Julia and Jenna which I do like, however I’m curious what you could think of. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. xoxoxo
- July 15, 2022 at 8:52 am #662893
- July 15, 2022 at 8:44 am #662891Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 27Replies: 1426Has thanked: 8788 timesBeen thanked: 6942 times
As I said earlier my fem name Michelle is the female of my male name and I like it but its so common I’ve thought of changing my fem name to something else. I want a name that speaks to me and one that no one I know in the vanilla world has because I don’t want to think of that person every time I hear or see my girl name. It should be a female name and not a fem variation of a male name… hmmm?
- July 15, 2022 at 9:17 am #662896DavinaDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: April 15, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 88Has thanked: 668 timesBeen thanked: 236 times
Michelle is a lovely name. Since it is a variation of your male name is does speak of you. I have just changed my name to a variation of my male name as well. However, if you want to go yo another name that you desire, do so. Whatever you do, be happy with it!
- July 15, 2022 at 8:01 am #662884Lauren MugnaiaDuchessRegistered On: November 1, 2021Topics: 11Replies: 260Has thanked: 2480 timesBeen thanked: 1320 times
I guess I must consider myself to be very blessed and fortunate, my real birth name is Lauren. I don’t know what my mom had in mind, or knew about me, she has passed away and I can’t ask her.
I didn’t really appreciate it when I was in school – a boy with a girl’s name always resulted in much teasing and being bullied. But now, I am thrilled to be called Lauren, her, she. Wonderful!!
Lots of hugs girls,
- July 15, 2022 at 6:33 am #662874Duchess - AnnualRegistered On: April 15, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 88Has thanked: 668 timesBeen thanked: 236 times
- July 15, 2022 at 4:36 am #662856Kelly EnglishLadyRegistered On: July 10, 2022Topics: 13Replies: 89Has thanked: 394 timesBeen thanked: 453 times
Your name is very personal and should speak to you and how you feel. I guess I am lucky in that Kelly is my real middle name and it has family meaning. I go by my first name when in drab. Be true to your feelings.
- July 13, 2022 at 10:31 am #662452
- July 12, 2022 at 7:05 am #662111Kelly TerryDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 45Replies: 465Has thanked: 622 timesBeen thanked: 2054 times
Hi Jenna and welcome to CDH
I understand if many want a very feminine sounding name but personally I did go against the norm here. When I joined CDH was the first time I needed to give my dressed self a name and I decided to go with something unisex and to confuse even more I wanted something where you don’t know what is the first or last name. I ended up with Kelly Terry and if I change anything now it would be “Terry” since I like Kelly. The thing with it is that I can use Kelly in several places without worrying of outing my self since ordering male stuff to Kelly works as well as ordering heels and skirts to Kelly.
- July 11, 2022 at 9:24 pm #662040
- July 11, 2022 at 9:03 pm #662036
- July 11, 2022 at 4:35 pm #661991Amy CatrelleLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2022Topics: 10Replies: 203Has thanked: 533 timesBeen thanked: 912 times
You have no control over what nicknames people call you but choosing your own name should be up to you. Jenna is a great name but as you progress on your journey you might find that something (or someone) else comes to mind. As your style evolves you may decide on a more appropriate name to identify your femme side. Don’t sweat it. x
- July 11, 2022 at 4:07 pm #661974NancyDuchessRegistered On: May 3, 2020Topics: 28Replies: 367Has thanked: 997 timesBeen thanked: 1813 times
Welcome! Jenna or Julia are both beautiful names. Or, you could throw the whole similarity thing out the window and just pick any name that speaks to you. And you can always change your mind. I started out here as Birel and just recently switched to Nancy, which has nothing to do with my masculine name or anything else. I just liked it. Anyway, just go with whatever feels right to you.
- July 11, 2022 at 9:36 am #661859Duchess - AnnualRegistered On: April 15, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 88Has thanked: 668 timesBeen thanked: 236 times
- July 11, 2022 at 4:18 pm #661979
- July 11, 2022 at 8:43 am #661848GwynethLadyRegistered On: January 21, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 277Has thanked: 1717 timesBeen thanked: 1001 times
I was on another CD forum site when a friend started calling me Gwyneth. At first I thought she sent the message to the wrong person. I had slightly feminized my given name on the site, but she thought Gwyneth fit me better. It really is a better feminization than what I came up with, so it stuck. I carried it here. My best friends here call me Gwyn.
Why am I telling you this? Someone might suggest a name that really clicks with you. Either a feminization (they’re everywhere) or one totally out of nowhere. Go with it. Especially if it’s not used on the CDH forum. Like Jenna. That is a perfectly good gurl name. Kind of a girl next door name. If you want sexy, maybe Genevieve. French name. You know the French are sexy! Maybe on this forum Jenna will work fine, when you’re on a date with the right guy, go with sexy. He doesn’t care what your real name might be. If your ass is as sexy as you see it, he will only have one thing on his mind!
- July 11, 2022 at 6:59 am #661819JOJOLadyRegistered On: August 5, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 112Has thanked: 414 timesBeen thanked: 559 times
When you are “dressed” with full makeup on, look in the mirror. Take a long, good look in the mirror and which inner female self do you see? That may help you to decide on a name that YOU feel comfortable with and having people address you by that name.
- July 11, 2022 at 6:46 am #661816Jin CrockerLadyRegistered On: November 15, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 528Has thanked: 36 timesBeen thanked: 1689 times
- July 11, 2022 at 10:31 am #661892Kristen SmithlyLadyRegistered On: September 25, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 117Has thanked: 465 timesBeen thanked: 584 times
My mother said I was supposed to be twin girls, named Carly and Cassandra. Well she was surprised I came out as a single MAB child (this was before the days of ultrasounds and imaging). I really dislike my male name as I get called a lot of names close to it, it gets confusing to others. I picked my fem name (Kristen) for no other reason than it just came to me on the spur of the moment. My oldest daughter, who is the only family member I am out to, likes the name Corrine, which I sort of like also. I may change my fem name to Corrine, I am just not sure. My MAB name has no real relation to any one named Corrine. I am just not sure. My therapist said she will call me anything I wish, except crazy, it’s just not a thing therapists should be calling their patients!
- July 10, 2022 at 3:09 pm #661668Cassie JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 56Replies: 974Has thanked: 2284 timesBeen thanked: 4487 times
Welcome to CDH, Jenna. You have had a lot of great suggestions already. The name Jenna is good or any of the other ‘J’ names mentioned. Unless you are in love with one of these already don’t limit yourself, You can call yourself by any name you want to. I picked my name Cassandra 40+ years ago when I was into CD hard for about 18 months. When my CD desires came back a few years ago I ressurected the name, but want with the last half of Cassandra here at first -Sandy (rhymes with my male name Randy). After a while here I changed to going by Cassie because it makes me more feminine.
IT IS UP TO YOU Cassie
- July 10, 2022 at 9:45 am #661557BrielleDuchessRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 487Has thanked: 2432 timesBeen thanked: 2042 times
I hapened on my feminine name a little by happy accident. My given name is William and I quickly ruled out almost all women’s “W” names. My nickname is Bill, and almost everyone calls me that, so I went to amazon and looked at the nameplate necklaces starting with “B” on a whim. I found Brielle and I was just – Whoa, that’s it! Then I checked online for what the derivation is. It’s a variation on Gabrielle which is the feminine form of Gabriel. I’m a Christian, so having a name that means “strength from the Lord” had even more meaning for me. I’ve recently made Brie my new nickname, too.
So, just go online and look for feminine variations of Jared, or Jen, Jenna, Jennifer, whatever you like. I personally like Jen a lot (some others did too). Good luck, Jenna!
- July 11, 2022 at 10:32 am #661893
- July 10, 2022 at 7:37 am #661536Stevie SteinerManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 80Replies: 1946Has thanked: 8562 timesBeen thanked: 9859 times
Oh my. Jay-lo, Joanna, Jose ( minus the pussycats, lol )… there are so many lovely names. Whichever connects with you most is the best. But I love the name Jenna!! Julia as well, but I Always think of Julia Roberts when I hear that name ( a Pretty Woman in her own right ) 🙂
- July 10, 2022 at 7:01 am #661524Rachel WilliamsLadyRegistered On: June 16, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 238Has thanked: 654 timesBeen thanked: 732 times
- July 10, 2022 at 6:01 am #661507
- July 10, 2022 at 12:19 am #661451Requal JoanneLadyRegistered On: December 15, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 527Has thanked: 580 timesBeen thanked: 1753 times
- July 9, 2022 at 11:09 pm #661444Tara RyanLadyRegistered On: April 20, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 512Has thanked: 1758 timesBeen thanked: 1909 times
Welcome, it seems that you have chosen Jenna, it is a lovely name and I think it is very feminine.
The girls here are really helpful and I hope you make lots of new friends. If you fancy a chat anytime or just have questions to ask, please feel free to message me.
- July 10, 2022 at 12:06 am #661450
- July 9, 2022 at 8:27 pm #661429Stephanie GreenLadyRegistered On: June 23, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 112Has thanked: 81 timesBeen thanked: 332 times
- July 9, 2022 at 8:27 pm #661427RevelBaronessRegistered On: December 5, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 543Has thanked: 1204 timesBeen thanked: 1898 times
- July 9, 2022 at 7:21 pm #661411Paulette ParfoisDuchessRegistered On: November 17, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 466Has thanked: 1609 timesBeen thanked: 1679 times
Hi Jenna, I agree how important a name can be. On my first name I did like so many, and just took a female derivation of my male name. I was “Paula” in the 60’s and 70’s but when I returned to dressing about five years ago I wanted to be a little more original so I started with my last name. I looked at various foriegn words for “sometimes” and decided the French word for sometimes “Parfois” sounded sexy. So I just naturally had to be “Paulette” to complete the French image (even though I am German/Irish). I guess what I am trying to say is I feel a name should project an image, so rather than trying to suggest a name for you I think you should give the image you want to project some thought and then ‘play around’ with some creative options. I am anxious to hear what you come up with. Hugs, Paulette
- July 9, 2022 at 5:00 pm #661377Christina IsmeLadyRegistered On: April 8, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 293Has thanked: 296 timesBeen thanked: 847 times
- July 9, 2022 at 4:10 pm #661366Stephanie BassHostessRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 24Replies: 3758Has thanked: 54226 timesBeen thanked: 13217 times
Hi Jenna a wonderful choice girlfriend like Michelle said what ever is comfortable to you as mine was a girl i liked quite well in early elementry school and it stuck ..
- July 9, 2022 at 3:51 pm #661361
- July 9, 2022 at 3:37 pm #661355Jane MansfieldLadyRegistered On: December 27, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 310Has thanked: 592 timesBeen thanked: 1059 times
Hi Jenna, comfort is choosing a name from a favourite movie starlet or lady. Jacqueline a stylish name for an example.
You will know the name that best suits you.
Welcome to our site, and enjoy life
- July 9, 2022 at 3:29 pm #661353Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 94Replies: 5256Has thanked: 7399 timesBeen thanked: 13366 times
- July 9, 2022 at 2:05 pm #661333Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 27Replies: 1426Has thanked: 8788 timesBeen thanked: 6942 times
I like the name Julia but you can choose any name you want. Just pick something that feels right to you.
My name Michelle is the female of my male name Michael which is a very common CD name. I’ve also noticed Stephanie is a popular name for CD’s too.
- July 9, 2022 at 2:03 pm #661331Diane Marie RakersLadyRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 1092Has thanked: 1938 timesBeen thanked: 3800 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.