Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Sitting here in the parking lot of the Walmart working up the nerve to go in. I have done this one time before, just to pick up a couple things. This time I have a full grocery list.

I hope it goes well for you Mindy, and that you enjoy it 🙂

samantha

Anonymous

Good Luck.

Jennifer

Diana W
      Lady

Good luck!  Let us know how it goes.

No issues, didn’t notice anyone giving me a 2nd look. Although I make it a point not to look anyone in the eye and I remove my glasses because wearing a mask over my nose makes them steam up so if someone does give me a funny look I probably wouldn’t be able to see it. I was dressed rather conservative, pink turtleneck sweater, with a long below the knee button up sweater (not buttoned, black yoga pants and black winter boots. Hair is my biggest issue I think. So I wore a grey toboggan hat with a pink and grey face mask, it’s supposed to be a trans pride mask with a butterfly print.
        After I left the store I realized I was really thirsty so I stopped at the 7-11 to buy a Diet Coke.
        It was a good excursion for Mindy. She’s getting braver.

Anonymous

its a walk in the park. just go. nobody is going to say anything and if they do it will probably be a nice complement. HAVE NO FEAR.

Hi Mindy you got this girl just take a deep breath and go your there just go you got this theres nothing to worry about ..

Stephanie Bass

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I hope that you went through your shopping at Walmart! Yes, head high, walk steady, and look straight forward as if you do that everyday!

Amy

Not quite there yet. It was more of a avoide eye contact, avoid talking get in and get out trip. I use the self checkout to avoid coming face to face with anyone. I did however stop at 7-11 to get a soda. Guess I was really thirsty to go into a place where I would have to interact with a clerk.

Picked up the groceries I needed. No issues at all but I wait till late at night when the store is very empty compared to mid day. Also bought some cute panties, a pair of tie dye leggings and some very pretty floral print pants. Also bought a cute cami sleep short set. Black with red and pink flowers, trimmed with pink lace.

Katey Doe
        Lady

Hi Mindy, so happy for you I wish I had the courage to do that but I’m working on it.

I don’t think Mindy would have the courage to do it either if it wasn’t for being required to wear a mask while shopping

Katey Doe
            Lady

It helps, but you had the courage to get out of the car, walk through the parking lot, and into the store. Please don’t short change yourself, that was an amazing adventure and I hope someday I can be as brave.

you oh will get there. The first time was the hardest.

Mindy,

Sounds like you had an incredible shopping experience! You go girl! Between masks and frigid weather, it is the perfect time to go out!! You picked the perfect outfit! Must have been a rush! Thanks for sharing!

I know what you mean about glasses and masks! I am always having to take my glasses off to clear them! I am surprised I have not walked into someone!

What black snow boots did you wear? I have fur lined ankle boots, but would love to get some Sorels, but they are so expensive!

Hugs,

Denise

congrats.

Anonymous

Brilliant Mindy.

I find it so much easier just to do my own thing…just concentrate on YOUR shopping and totally ignore your surroundings.

Honestly, you will find that other shoppers are doing exactly the same, and really are not interested in you at all.

Confidence is everything, just be Mindy, take your time, walk around slowly and don’t worry. I know it is easy to say, but some of us girls do this all the time and it works. Acting suspiciously is what attracts attention. Believe me girl, every trip you make, it will become easier and easier…

Huggs, grace x

Anonymous

I wish. I’m so tall and even with a mask it’s hard to hide my Beard, so I’ve only been out in public late at night in hotels or parking lots and after a few drinks (not when I’ve driven to the parking lots though). Was pretty exciting talking to the desk people at the hotel while dressed though!

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I’ve been in that situation countless times. I’ve even walked up to the store entrance and fear stopped me cold. Sometimes I even had to go back several times before I could go in. I can so totally relate. I wish you well, hope you can get up the courage to do it and when you do, I hope you enjoy.

I went in. Bought my groceries and a few clothing items. It was great.

Patty Phose
          Duchess

Fantastic! Great! Good for you. Glad you did it and enjoyed it.

Emily
      Lady

Well done Mindy! There is no stopping you now. Walmart is a great place to blend in. Your outfit sounds perfect for the occasion. I think that’s important and you nailed it. As your confidence builds you will find interaction with others to be a non-issue. The first time someone calls you “ma’am” you will be over the moon happy. Go ahead and make eye contact! People are so busy with their own lives that they rarely notice anything outside their own sphere. I try to get out dressed at least 2-3 times a week. Sometimes shopping, sometimes for a walk. It’s always fun.

P.S. don’t you just LOVE yoga pants?

Absolutely love yoga pants, very comfortable. I have dozens of them. It’s usually what I’m wearing around the house and often under my male pants, great at keeping me warm this time of year.

Anonymous

Congratulations Mindy!!!!

My first time going out was to a grocery store. Certainly not the size of Walmart and it was later in the evening.

Fast forward…I now love shopping at Walmart. I find the makeup prices are much lower than drugstores.

Jessica

I shop a lot at Walmart. And you’re right Jessica, Walmart does have decent prices for makeup and a pretty wide selection. Both my wife and I get almost all of our makeup there. We also do the majority of our grocery shopping there. I’m not real impressed with their produce department so we mostly get those items from Cub foods. We also get the majority of meats from Costco.

But I’m getting off subject. Congrats on getting out and going in. Soon you should be getting out more and more and enjoying your new found freedom.

You don’t have any pics and I don’t know your body size, but if you are of average body size and dress nicely, you can pass, even without a mask. I first went out with a GG lady that ran a CD dressing service. We went out shopping at several places and to lunch. I seem to pass and had interaction with other customer and SA’s. Once I realized I was passing (or at least being accepted) than my confidence was raised and that is a big part of passing. I now go out by myself and pass for the most part. The few times I have been “made” I was still treated like a lady. By the way, I LOVE the IMPRESS press on nails which you can by at Walmart or Walgreens. Be sure your nails look fem!

My nails are short but I did had them painted. Earlier in the day I painted them when I was touching up my toenails. I did it knowing I was going to wait till later in the evening to go shopping for groceries as Mindy. I figured if they where painted I wouldn’t chicken out knowing I either had to go by mail polish remover or go to work Monday with bright red fingernails.

Hi Mindy,

Great way to build your confidence!  Enjoy your next shopping trip.

There’s always the self check register once you’re in the store if you get nervous.

Alice

I used the self checkout lane to avoid face to face interaction. After I left I was feeling confident though and stopped at 7-11 to get a soda where face to face interaction is unavoidable.

[postquote quote=445047]
      Hi Mindy,

A great idea!  I like to pick a check out line with a woman cashier.  She smiles at you and you can compliment her style.

Alice

Now that will be something. Specially if she thinks I’m a woman then hears a deep voice complimenting her.

MelanieElizabeth
          Ambassador

Mindy you are hilarious. A deep voice can be an issue. Nothing would be funnier than to spend two hours prepping to go out and totally pulling it off, no one suspects a thing. Then when you go to check out take the giant tri fold man wallet out of your pocket and in your deepest male voice compliment her makeup. It would be classic to see the look on the cashiers face. Damn! I’m going to have to buy a purse and a lady wallet if I’m going to pull off shopping undetected. All jokes aside I worked at a market 25 years ago and I cder used to come in and shop every week. She wasn’t trying to hide(Well over 6 foot) who she was and no one really cared. Just another customer.

Congrats. You are one brave girl

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?