Viewing 21 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello ladies,

I’ve been a member for a while but haven’t participated much.   However, I recently told 2 amazing women I work with about my fashion taste.  It was a spontaneous decision but it was received amazingly well and ended in lots of hugs and our friendship has been elevated to a wonderful new level.  It’s really been a fabulous experience.  I’m an engineer in a male dominated industry and these 2 amazing women are among very few females in our team.  I feel so lucky to be accepted and welcomed as one of the girls.   Since opening up to them we chat endlessly about all kinds of stuff.

Of course the question came up – why do you wear women’s clothes?  To be honest, I stopped trying to figure it out long ago, but they forced me to revisit it and it’s been a fun little journey and I thought I would share if anyone is interested.

First of all -I’m not gay, I don’t want to be a woman, don’t feel any need to transition, and it’s not a kink thing I do to get off.  If anyone falls in any of those categories please know that I love you and I’m 100% behind you and ready to help kick the ass of any one who gives you sh*t for it.

I think I was 7 years old.  My aunt was babysitting me and I was playing in my cousin’s room alone. I came across this amazing little girl party dress – yellow satin and all ruffles and lace and sequins and tulle (I love that I have friends I can talk about tulle with!!).   I was totally in awe of it and all I could think was “that is needed in my life!!!”.  I put it on and looked in the mirror and saw a cute little girl absolutely beaming with joy.

That was it for me.  Any opportunity to dress up I grabbed.  Like most of us, I assume, I struggled at times – felt guilty, felt weird, felt shame, tried to stop.  Eventually I got older, got a good job and got my own place and just said f*ck it, this is me. Even then it wasn’t always easy – girlfriends hated it, going out and doing “guy” stuff was complicated with shaved legs and painted nails. But that was my life for the past ~20 years.

My dad passed away last year and it was a long struggle and turning 48 I started realizing I couldn’t deny the dreaded “middle age”.   But it made me think a lot.

Wearing women’s clothes just makes me happy.  It’s a way of accessing a part of me that doesn’t get much expression.  It’s a creative experience.  It’s accessing a side of me that society says no to.   I believe everyone has male and female aspects and being open to that opens you to so much more in the world.  Maybe I’ve been female in past lives?

I love and respect and admire women in so many ways.  I read somewhere once that for some crossdressing is an attempt to be like, or to be close to, what you admire most. I realize that putting on a dress doesn’t make me a woman or let me experience the world as women do, I’m aware of that.  But it does make me feel connected in a way.

The world puts pressure on everyone, men and women.  I guess more so on women than on men.  I’m okay being a man and I do my best at it, but somedays I need a break from it.  Somedays I just need to be soft, to be delicate and to feel pretty.  Owning that and saying it out loud is liberating as f*ck!

I know I won’t win any beauty pageants and probably some people think I look ridiculous – well, like everyone else I do the best I can with what I was given.

So after empowering conversations with these 2 amazing women, I’ve decided I’m just done keeping it a secret.  Maybe I won’t tell everyone but I won’t hide it.  I’m working to find the courage and strength to go out more, and it’s way easier knowing I have this support.

As I open up about it, I just want people to know.  I’m at the point in my life where I’ve got my core group who’s stuck with me through it all.  I know this won’t make them turn away.  For everyone else, I just want them to know.  I don’t ask anyone to participate, or to love it, or to ever talk about – or even to accept it.  I just want them to know.  I hunt and fish and shoot guns and pick up spiders and snakes and watch sports – but that’s not all of me.

And if there are people in my life for whom this really is a deal breaker – well, you’re in my life because at some point you were a positive, if you can’t handle knowing I sometimes wear dresses – first of all, come on it’s 2021, really!!??!!, second – okay then so long and I get it,  I wish you happiness and safety and peace.

Plus its just sooooooo fun!!  Sorry for the long post, if you made it this far thanks for reading.

Love

Rach

Anonymous

Hi Rachel,
      I can relate to your story whole heartedly….except for the guns and the snakes. It is an amazing feeling to be able to be who you want to be and not give a f**k about others. I am enjoying life as a woman and only wish I had done it earlier. Like you I will never win any beauty contests but who cares. I’m so happy to be Melina. Love to chat any time….Mel. xxxx

Hi Rachel! There are many reasons why people crossdress, but when you get right down to it, it is because of the way it makes a person feel! No one puts a gun to your head and tells you to crossdress or they will kill you. For whatever reason you might have initially tried it (curiosity/on a dare/thought you might have been born in the wrong body etc) you would not have done it again unless there was something about it you enjoyed. I think your posting was terrific and could actually help some members who are still bothered by wondering why am I doing this. I particularly like the fact that you have developed an attitude about what others might say about your crossdressing. A live and let live philosophy usually works for most people these days and for those that would judge you – consider the source and live your life as you choose. – Blessings from Teralynn

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Amen to that Rachel. If it feels good then do it! Great that you have support and enjoy yourself.

Anonymous

Hi Rache, ah yes the big WHY. I like your answer to it, because I like it. I’ve been trying to figure it out for years scientifically but I have no definite answer. Maybe there isn’t one, maybe we all just do this because we like it. It just varies person to person how much we like it and how far we take it.

Thanks, great topic, Heather.

Dear Rachel Thank you so much for sharing your story! It reflects so much my (and I’m sure other CDH girl’s) experience. Many people do not understand how you can be a happily married man (49 years for me) and enjoy being a girl. For me Paulette has made me a more loving and understanding husband, father and friend. Also at my age (74) I finally realize that I DO NOT care what other people think of me. Its what I think about myself that is important. Now, I just need to bring my fashion sense up to near your level. GO GET EM GIRL! Hugs, Paulette

Sylvia
      Lady

Great Post Rachel , Thanks for that !

You said : “Maybe I’ve been female in past lives?”

I have wondored about that myself.
      Maybe I was a Female in a past life that was cut short for some kind of reason ,
      and now that Female spirit lives on in Sylvia , trying to come to terms with what happened to Her , and try to fulfill that life in some kind of way.
      I know it sounds crazy !
      But sometimes I wonder…

Love Sylvia.

Sylvia,

I’ve never thought of the possibility of having been a woman in another life, but that seems like a possibility. Maybe we felt we needed to finish something but our lives were cut short? I have a similar idea. It goes like this: Since it’s known that when a woman is carrying twins and one of them dies in the womb at the earlier stages, the other child may absorb their sibling. So what if we all had a twin sister that didn’t survive and she was absorbed into us and that’s why we all feel such a deep connection to our feminine sides? Is that her trying to connect? Far fetched I know, but it’s just an idea.

Hugs, Jill

Sylvia
          Lady

Dear Jill ,

That’s an interesting possibility.
          So we could be someone with two spirits instead of one !
          Would explain my Androgynous nature.

Love Sylvia.

Yes, the two spirit philosophy is a viable theory in many cultures. It is common in Native American, Hindu, Polynesian and other cultures. Being born with two spirits means you are both male and female at the same time and express either as mood and need manifest.

Two Spirits are respected and a natural part of the culture. They are thought to be more artistic, intelligent and caring. They also have a closer connection to the higher spirits making them good shaman and mediums.

This could be extrapolated to suggest thar many crossdressers have two spirits and our crossdressing is an expression of our other spirit.

Beth

Jill, not as far fetched as you might think. A case study out in California in which regressive hypnosis was used the patient recalled having a twin sister that did not survive birth and he had always wanted to know what his life would have been like if his sister had survived. Are you surprised that he had become a mtf crossdressing person just to get a feeling of what it might be like if he had been born a female and his twin had died as a male? I am not. But that is just one possible reason. One out of many. – Blessings from Teralynn

Hi and why not, indeed!

There’s a very clear pattern that there is no pattern to the typical cross dresser – because there is no such thing.

Like you, I am not gay, except, perhaps, in femme mode, when you could consider me a lesbian…

Dressing, whether “cross gender” or not is a means of self expression.

Ultimately, someone designed the clothes and marketed them either at men or women, because the fashion industry likes a clear target audience – and, in fact, tends to follow trends rather than lead them (e.g. skirts for girls, trousers for boys, and special trousers designed specially for women that cost more than the male equivalent).

That’s the cynical side, but the other side is that we are all about the support on your journey, without prejudice, because cross dressers are probably the broadest spectrum, culturally, racially, orientation, career, age – everything.

All you need to be a cross dresser is to be one.

It’s very Zen.

Welcome!

Love Laura

Anonymous

Why? Blimey, I’ve chewed on that one over and over again. Best I can up with is that I was raised by strong competent women after my mother died, and my father’s job took him abroad for months at a time. Then my step mother decided she wanted the cuckoo out of her nest, and started to drive me out. My first experiments in dressing were in her clothes. Could it be I wanted to emulate her, with all the power that seemed to go with it, in the absence of a father figure?

I’m certain that I would have been a lot happier as a girl. Not as much of a threat.

There’s a bit of fetishism in there too, but mostly I like it because of the relaxation and the stress relief. Like you, I’m straight, no desire to transition.

Anybody with similar experience?

Connie
      xxx

Dear Rach,

Your letter wasn’t long, it was exceptionally well written and beautiful and it touched on some of my own feelings. Like you, I’m a heterosexual guy and I too, try my best to be a man. But sometimes I just want to drop the tough-guy, macho routine, and be strong enough to be weak, delicate, and pretty.

Because if I’m being honest, I’m not that strong, or tough and I get tired of trying hard to be. Although with how I look, being pretty is just the way I feel and not how I actually look. But I really enjoyed your post. Thank you for sharing your gift with prose.

Hugs, Jill

Anonymous

Rachel B

“Wearing women’s clothes just makes me happy. It’s a way of accessing a part of me that doesn’t get much expression. It’s a creative experience. It’s accessing a side of me that society says no to. I believe everyone has male and female aspects and being open to that opens you to so much more in the world. Maybe I’ve been female in past lives?

I love and respect and admire women in so many ways. I read somewhere once that for some crossdressing is an attempt to be like, or to be close to, what you admire most. I realize that putting on a dress doesn’t make me a woman or let me experience the world as women do, I’m aware of that. But it does make me feel connected in a way.

The world puts pressure on everyone, men and women. I guess more so on women than on men. I’m okay being a man and I do my best at it, but somedays I need a break from it. Somedays I just need to be soft, to be delicate and to feel pretty. Owning that and saying it out loud is liberating as f*ck!

I know I won’t win any beauty pageants and probably some people think I look ridiculous – well, like everyone else I do the best I can with what I was given.”

Totally agree with you on this, anytime Crossdressing gets a mention I’m sure my wife thinks of Ru Paul and Conchita Wurst, Gay is the other ultimate in her thought process.

I intend to come out to her over the X Mas holiday.

Hugs X

Wilma

Yes!  Do it and I hope she embraces and showers love on the “whole” you!

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Rachel,

Thanks so much for sharing your story! I identify with so much of it! Yes it is liberating as f**k!

💕 Lara

Paula
      Lady

Reading has brought out a lot of the same feelings that I have and I agree with other ladies that it is well written and enjoyed reading it.

I am also not a strong guy and I’m also living with a disability (actually a disability lives with me).  Which brings me to say I’m happy when I dress. Definitely not passable having long muscular arms, manly features, big hands, manly voice etc…but I’m in my happy place when I dress En Femme.  I don’t dress to impress but I do the best I can  with what I have.

I still go out EnFemme and I’m in my own world  I block out a lot of lookers, laughing people but don’t ignore others that give me compliments  

thanks for posting.

Hi Rachel,

Welcome and thanks for sharing your story.  Condolences on the loss of your dad.

You are fortunate on having two women friends at work to share with.
      Alice

Thank you ladies for all the likes and thanks and warm responses.  As with most men, I suck at talking about myself and my feelings.  But it’s empowering to know that there are so many awesome people out there like me.  It means the world to me and I hope we can all start to emerge from the shadows and the closets a little bit more.

I think another reason for me to start opening up about this and putting it out there – is for the young ones.  I remember being so confused and frustrated as a young kid.  Why the f*ck can’t I do this?  I just want a pretty dress, if I can have that I will be good and do my homework and help around the house.

I didn’t understand the complexities of peoples views on gender.  It was bad in the 70s and 80s, better now but still not great.

It occurred to me that I’m a successful engineer, have a great marriage, have a bunch of friends and family.  I’m in a good place in life.

I thought maybe if I step and say I do this – it will soften the blow for someone else.  I can afford any backlash I’m likely to get and willing to.

Maybe if all of us in similar positions start to open up and slow change a few stubborn minds?  Maybe some young guy will tell his parents or his friends and they will understand?

If I knew I could be a part of that, it would all be worth it.  Take the world back from from ignorant closed minded people – one dress at a time!

Cassie Jayson
        Duchess

Thank you so much for sharing Rachel. You did a wonderful job of expressing yourself . What you said runs so close to what many have said here in other posts and close to what I have experienced also. For me it was quick to come out to a lot of people, when my X accidently found out the first thing she did was to tell our 3 grown kids then threatened to tell my brothers. So I told them myself and my coming out has gone a long way. I even went so far as to get long acrylic nails back in Sept and have had them 24/7 even at work and at church and our family Thanksgiving. I even had a mis-gender event when out shopping the check out clerk called me ma’am when I was in drab after work – I’m sure she only looked at my nails.

Keep sharing , I know I will… Cassie

My attitude precisely – like you, I am enjoying successes, and I actively put myself out there in the wider world, talk to people – most people who actually talk to me seem fascinated by CDing, and ask lots of questions, which is great, as I enjoy exploding popular myths!

Please check out my stories (And those of other ladies who boldly go…) in the Personal Cross Dressing stories forum 😍

Love Laura

Hi Rachel nice to meet you and so happy you joined us girls here on the best CD site on the internet so get settled in relax and enjoy your self here.. As a new sister and family member here you are welcomed with open arms into our home as well as yours now also.. So girl there is never a boring or long intro when your heart is in it we love to hear about you and your travels down your girly path in life.. As these other wonderful ladies here have said i cant add nuch to them except top say so happy to meet you and hope to see you around for a chat sometime ..

Hugs Stephanie Bass

I think we are a lot alike. It’s nice knowing that there are other straight males who honor they’re masculinity, but can also embrace the Divine Feminine in themselves. What a well written post. Thanks.

Anonymous

Hi Rachel

what a so nice text ! You get a point: admiration of women is an essential part of TG ! and it is not only a stating point, but it follow the whole itinerary. Many thanks again. Florence

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Rachel thank you for sharing your experiences I enjoyed reading your intro. Much of what you have said in whole or in part has similarities in many of our girls here. Meet with many of our ladies who are very much like yourself enjoying their feminine side here at a place with no judgments and very supportive atmosphere. Reading the forums here one realizes how offern we see ourselves traveling through similar situations and always discovering new journeys experience from others that possibility could lead us down those same paths. Meet with our gals and know we’re common in many ways. Dressing for me is so important in my self esteem and being here at Cdh help achieve it. What our appearances may show in our mirrors shouldn’t reflect what’s found deep into our hearts. We only live once so grasp what’s important to one’s self. Through my time here I’ve made wonderful friendships so enjoy your stay here and be true in who you are at a place that is supportive to all. Its very nice meeting you. Welcome..

Stephanie 🌹

Very nice story! I can so relate to how you feel.

I really find it frustrating that the world can accept a woman who wants to indulge herself in male activities and even dress in very masculine clothes but if a man wants to feel pretty and wear a pretty dress at times and enjoy some of the pleasures of femininity we are looked at as being gay or sick.

Women are beautiful and femininity is a state of mind that allows freedom of expression why is it so hard for others to understand why we want to emulate women.

Terri Anne
      Ambassador

Hello Rachel,

Welcome to our amazing site. So glad you have joined us here. Feel free to explore all that our site has to offer.

The Warmth, Compaasion and Hospitality of our community members can be found throughout the site.

Please do make use of the forums and articles or public chat room and friendships offered here on CrossDresser Heaven.

At any Membership level, You can contact any of us via [ PM ] Private Messages.  You can find that link on each member’s Wall under their Profile picture.

Also, you may find what you need such as Help Center or Ambassadors by using the links in the top R/H drop down 3 bar [ hamburger ] menu.

Here is a good link to review the membership levels and the privledges for each. Such as Private Chat, Groups, etc.

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/membership-account/membership-levels/

Regards,

Terri Anne, Ambassador

Welcome Rachel!

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions & New Members’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?