• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I am not only new to this community, but really to the idea of being a cross dresser.  I’m unsure of my commitment although thinking about the possibilities is exciting.  I’m in my mid 60s, recently retired, but tied into church (lay leader and teacher).   I’m married and my wife and I have been living in the same area, with the same people for over 25 years. While the area we live in (suburban DC) is liberal,  we have many friends who are more conservative.   I realize that my decision affects not only my life but that of my wife as well.  I assume that the risk is familiar with many if not all of  you.

My first experience with cross dressing was wearing my sister’s dress outside when I was seven.  My mother did not make a big deal out of it, but there was some element of amusement and I came away with a feeling of aversion. Still while in college in the early 70s I spent some time wearing a satin top that I bought at a thrift store.  In the early 80s, I found a bra abandoned by a previous resident in a home I was renting and would wear it under my regular clothes from time to time.   I’ve always been interested (well since I can really remember) about what women were thinking and feeling and I tended to identify more with women characters in books and movies than with the men.  The words from the Kinks song “Lola” have been a constant companion and source of contemplation.

I’m now feeling the desire to express my feminine side more fully.  This would mean major changes to even cross dress and go out in public as a woman rather than a man cross dressing; in large part due to having a full beard for the last 31 years.  I’m also a big guy and have a hard time seeing myself in female dress.  Viewing some of the photos on this site has been a big help in that regard,  Some of the articles have also been an inspiration to show some courage.  The sense I’ve gotten from this site is one of caring and support and if I continue on, I hope to be one who can offer that care and support as well.

Welcome Anita!  Hugs, Lorrie

Rose
      Lady

Hi Anita. Welcome to CDH.

Anonymous

2016_introductions new members: Anita Watkins original post: 

I am not only new to this community, but really to the idea of being a cross dresser.  I’m unsure of my commitment although thinking about the possibilities is exciting.  I’m in my mid 60s, recently retired, but tied into church (lay leader and teacher).   I’m married and my wife and I have been living in the same area, with the same people for over 25 years. While the area we live in (suburban DC) is liberal,  we have many friends who are more conservative.   I realize that my decision affects not only my life but that of my wife as well.  I assume that the risk is familiar with many if not all of  you.

My first experience with cross dressing was wearing my sister’s dress outside when I was seven.  My mother did not make a big deal out of it, but there was some element of amusement and I came away with a feeling of aversion. Still while in college in the early 70s I spent some time wearing a satin top that I bought at a thrift store.  In the early 80s, I found a bra abandoned by a previous resident in a home I was renting and would wear it under my regular clothes from time to time.   I’ve always been interested (well since I can really remember) about what women were thinking and feeling and I tended to identify more with women characters in books and movies than with the men.  The words from the Kinks song “Lola” have been a constant companion and source of contemplation.

I’m now feeling the desire to express my feminine side more fully.  This would mean major changes to even cross dress and go out in public as a woman rather than a man cross dressing; in large part due to having a full beard for the last 31 years.  I’m also a big guy and have a hard time seeing myself in female dress.  Viewing some of the photos on this site has been a big help in that regard,  Some of the articles have also been an inspiration to show some courage.  The sense I’ve gotten from this site is one of caring and support and if I continue on, I hope to be one who can offer that care and support as well.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?