Viewing 16 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi, I am Nicci from South Africa.  A friend told me about the page and I am very excited to join, make new friends online and hopefully be able to meet some of the girls close to me.

I first dressed in my mom’s clothes when I was 5.  I never realised that it was never going to stop.  I am 53 now and I enjoy dressing more than ever.  When I finally realised I was transgender, there was no chance to transition due to my profession and the fact that I would lose my work and family if I did.  I lived alone for about 8 years and was a closet crossdresser at the time.  Then I got married and had to throw away everything – she new nothing….

We divorced 9 years later and I moved into my own place again.  I immediately bought shoes and lingerie and then got a wig.  I was well on my way again.  I plucked up the courage to contact a makeup artist and went for lessons.  She helped me get all the correct colours for my skintone and I must say it was one of the best things I could have done.  I could do my own makeup and that led to the next step.  Going out in public as a woman.  I bought some dresses online and some from shops.  My first outing was to the movies.  It is actually a great place to go as you can buy your ticket, popcorn and drink online and just collect it at the cinema.  That was also the first time using the ladies toilets….

Now I still get a bit of butterflies when I walk out the house dressed up, but it is much easier.  I normally dress on weekends and go to the shops.  I have even been to church a few times dressed and that’s is where I got a great compliment.  A lady told me in passing: “You look beautiful”.  I guess she did not make me as a man!  I was so chuffed.

I have had a quick look around and this looks like a great page.  Hope to learn even more here.

Hope to chat to some of you!

Nicci

Hi Nicole,

So happy to welcome you to CDH from Australia!!!

Thank you for sharing your story. Really nice meeting you.

Love, Stephanie ❤️

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Nicci and welcome to CDH.  what a great intro, you seem to have settled into your true self, and I’m happy you found us here.  Pleased to meet you and I look forward to sharing stories with you.

Hugs,

Stevie

Hi Nicole Welcome to CDH When the woman told you you looked beautiful she was welcoming you into the female world that is a compliment. You have taken the time and effort to show the outside world who you most identify with and you were complimented for your effort. Now is a good time to for you to take the time for your self . Now is the time to be honest with your self first. Just take the time and go with what feels right for you. If presenting your self as the female gender feels right and your happy with that then do just that and let the chips fall were they may. I have said it before. You are only given a short time to be alive in this world and then it is over. Why not feel happy about your self while you have been given the time. You deserve to feel happy as we all do. Luv Stephanie

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Nicole

happy to welcome you and being excited about this you have certainly started this journey right. Thank your friend she certainly steered you to a great site. From someone just starting to the well experience everyone here enjoys the support and acceptance that is truly unique. Be free to express yourself with many like yourself and with no judgements. Love to chat and share stories and make new friendships.  So get comfortable and enjoy being part of a special place that really cares about everyone that passes through our doors. Very nice meeting you.

Stephanie 🌹

Hi Nicole!

Welcome to CDH!

Hugs

Autumn

Welcome Nicole!

Anonymous

That is such a cool story^_^. Genius on hitting up a makeup artist. I never thought of that. So happy for you though

Hi Nicole,

Welcome to CDH.

Alice

Hi Nicole,

Welcome from the U.K.  You live in a beautiful part of the world, I have been to South Africa a few times and loved it.

The girls here are really friendly, I look forward to chatting with you at some point.

Jessica x

Anonymous

Welcome Nicole.I hope you enjoy this lovely group.

Anonymous

Hello, Nicci.  Welcome.

Hi, Nicci! Welcome to this great site! There are many wonderful and supporting girls here. You’ll fit right in.

Hi Nicci, Teralynn here. Welcome to our merry band of crossdressing people. Thanks for sharing your story with us! It appears that you are completely comfortable with your feminine persona and you are living a life that makes you happy and productive. I am delighted that you have joined CDH. I haven’t seen many people from South Africa join but I haven’t been a member very long so there might be members that I am unaware of and the site does have a way for you to find crossdressing people near you! The makeup artist idea of yours is something I never considered but your profile picture is is so very nice I might revisit the whole makeup thing once more! One of our members once compared CDH to a sorority!  I think you will find the comparison quite appropriate. So stay active on the site and get to know some of your terrific sisters! If I can ever be of service please feel free to contact me through this site and let me know how I can help. A post on my home profile page wall will get the fastest response. – Blessings

Hi All

The important thing with learning makeup is to get a lesson(s) from a makeup artist where she does half your face and you do the other side step by step.  It is the only way to see if you have taken in the lesson and to see if you have mastered the specific technique.  You need to compare your effort to hers and get feedback as to what you are doing wrong.  Then go home and practice as much as possible.

The other reason you need to take lessons from a makeup artist is for her to help you get the correct base colour and to get her to show you which colours works best with your skintone and even haircolour.

You might feel too shy to go, but tell her upfront via email or a call that you are a CD and if she would be ok with that.  If not, get someone who are.  If you have made your appointment with a CD friendly makeup artist, then there is no reason to be shy or self-conscious.  Remember to take your wig along to complete the picture after you have done the lesson.  You need to see what it looks like.

Then also, ask her upfront if she can give you a face chart to show which colours go where.  Remember, you might forget by the time you get home. If she does not, print a face off the internet and take it along and ask her to make you some notes on the face pic.  I have not tried it, but you can perhaps even ask to make a video of the lesson for home use.

This might cost you a few bucks, but in the end you will know what makeup will work on your face and you can cut down on trying on your own and wasting money by buying the wrong stuff.

Go and try it!

Diana W
      Lady

Hi Nicole, welcome to the friendliest place on Earth.  I know you’re going to feel right at home here.  Your suggestion about going to a makeup artist is a great idea.  I hope I get to do that one day.

Nicci your post on getting help from a makeup artist was detailed and very impressive. You don’t know how many crossdressing people you may have helped by posting it. From now on anyone who asks me for assistance on makeup will be referred to this posting! By going the extra mile to help others you have earned my respect and admiration. Please accept the friend request which I am sending your way today. Who knows someday I may be able to help you in an area in which I have some expertise in! – Blessings from Teralynn

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions & New Members’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?