Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi everyone! I hope you’re all staying well in these trying times.

This is my first time giving a public name to my feminine side, so I picked Astrid for registration because it sounds mysterious and womanly and exotic if you don’t think about it too much and realize how close it is phonetically to “ass turd.” (Might have to rework that.)

Anyway, I’m freshly 30 and living in Minneapolis. Covid aside, I gotta say my life hasn’t really been on a hot streak lately! Not that anyone’s has with Covid, but you get what I’m saying. Just been an extra bummer, you know? Nothing too catastrophic, just really feeling down and self-loathing enough to actually attempt new things to see if it’s possible for me to get out of the rut I find myself in. I’m simply out of ideas, and I’m just so tired of pretending like I can do it on my own, and feeling lonely and alienated. So here I am!

There’s been a significant element of gender confusion in my life for a long time that I’ve largely chosen to keep to myself or simply ignore when inconvenient. While I’ve been crossdressing in private every now and again almost my entire adult life, this world is very much foreign to me. Whether due to cowardice, or doubt, or whatever it is that’s kept me from reaching out and asking people who can relate to what’s going on with me, I’ve just not engaged with it out of embarrassment. Lord knows I’ve still got a lot to figure out – in both terms of gender and sexuality I have very little clarity on Who I Am, and I really gotta start taking seriously the prospect for getting some kind of answer to that question or I think it’ll be the end of me.

What I do know, and why I’m here, is that I would love to pass someday as a woman (got a whole lot of work to do with that at 6’3 and 220 I’d imagine), and that being a sexy, feminine woman is tremendously appealing to me on a number of levels. (I also just discovered the  clothing site Shein, which in addition to having every garment one could possibly hope for, has a price point that is insanely low, and it has absolutely lit the spark again in terms of my interest in femininity, so thank the good folks in fast fashion for me foisting myself upon you!) This is not something I talk to my friends or family about. I feel its impacting my life in significant ways, and if anyone around the Twin Cities has any sage wisdom for a very confused person, I’d appreciate it.

Anyway, enough heavy stuff.

As for what I’m about, I work a completely pointless job that I hate, live in south Minneapolis where I live with a few roommates who are good friends of mine. I draw and write and make beats sometimes, I love movies – specific soft spot for the most bone-headed 80s action fare – and will engage with anyone about pretty much any kind of music or political discussion you’d care to have. I deal with all my various neuroses through humor and my sense of it can get pretty bleak, but laughing beats crying, right? Honestly though I’m pretty chill, I’m mostly just a dumb guy (perhaps bimbo would be more appropriate here?) who’s read enough snippets of Wikipedia articles to be OK at bar trivia. And again, I’m absolutely looking to expand my social circles so if I don’t seem like an aggressively repugnant person to you and you’d like to talk to me about any of the above – or anything at all, really, this pandemic is boring as hell! – please by all means reach out! And if there are any Minnesota people out there, once this blows over in 2045 maybe you’d even consider hanging out. Who knows?

So yeah, happy to be here! Thanks for reading. Apologies for length – I have a tendency to ramble.

I look forward to being a part of this community!

Ciao,

Astrid

Kathleen
      Duchess

Hi Astrid

I used to live in south Minneapolis myself I lived in in the Hiawatha neighborhood. Hope you enjoy your time here these are great people

Anonymous

Hi Astrid , nice to meet you , i’m Leslie .

Anonymous

Hi Astrid,

I have just arrived at CDH and it is such a wonderful place. I too have felt a lot of guilt and not liking myself. I am actually a really nice person, if I don’t say so myself haha. But I didn’t think I was but now I have stopped fighting, I am now so much happier and content. I would love to get to know you and I like chatting about a whole range of subjects inclusi8 fim, theatre, music… Dresses, makeup and football(soccer)

Speak soon

Charlotte xxx

Hi, and welcome Astrid.
      A lot of us are ramblers, myself included, lol
      You have come to the right place. This is such a warm and supportive family you have joined! Leave your guilt and shame, your fears and trepidations in the bucket outside the door, we are all one, in here, and all on that road, somewhere.
      So relax, look around, read the posts, and ask any questions you may have.
      Join in, and get to know us, as we get to know you, we are a pretty awesome bunch:-)
      Hugs, Regi.

Hi Astrid (What a beautiful name)

Welcome to CDH. It’s really that lovely here as they say. I’m about twice your age so I really hope this covid thing don’t stick around for that long. But your thoughts, I’ve been crossdressing since I was a kid. At least here in Sweden being trans was something really really bad thing to be. It have made me not accepting I’m trans, “me trans NO” I was thinking. So for some reason my gender dysphoria exploded this autumn. Then I found CDH and started reading about, and interact with all the beautiful ladies here. And it didn’t take long before all the puzzle pieces of my life fell into place. That made me accept and be proud of me being mtf transgender. I have come out to my family (I’m divorced) and all the bosses at work and to my closest coworkers. All they said was “I’m not surprised”.
      So I really wish I could have been able to accept it when I was in your age.

Merry Christmas and Lots of Hugs
      Lily-Rose

Hi Astrid,

Welcome to CDH.

Alice

Hello Astrid! gorgeous name for your feminine self / persona! I’m also new and i hope to see you around take care!

Hey, Astrid. I’m a fellow rambler myself. Welcome to CDH. I really appreciate your detailed introduction. It really helps everyone get to know you better. While you’re deep in Covid boredom, jump into all the articles and forums. You will find that a lot of girls here have experienced confusion about gender identity. Hopefully, those of us that have figured things out can help you understand yourself better as well. It’s funny that you mentioned Shein. My friend Cindy-Lou brought it up recently and just a few hours ago I dropped some major cash there for the first time. I don’t have the most girlish figure myself but Shein makes it easy to find what might work. Plus, they are currently offering free returns. I got a complete winter wardrobe and some things will work well into early spring. I’m so excited! Anyway, we’re all here to encourage and support you in this fabulous journey. Have fun!

BYW, every time I see your name, I am going to think of the movie White Oleander. I love that flick!

Hi Astrid, Teralynn here. Welcome to our wonderful online community Luv! Thank you for your detailed introduction post.  You have given us a pretty good picture of who you are and where you are in your life. If you have inclinations that crossdressing (mtf)  might be the thing that will give you more happiness and direction in your life, then you have come to the right place. The CDH girls/members are accepting, supportive and friendly. You can find friendship, advice, tips and all sorts of valuable information on this site. So I hope you stay active on the site and get to know some of our wonderful members. I myself cannot help you with makeup or tell you all about fashion trends. I look at crossdressing from a psychological perspective. So if you need assistance with dealing with the negative feelings of shame or guilt by having the urge to express a feminine persona then I can help you with information on the why and how people deal with crossdressing. Send me a private message and put the word – Assistance – on the subject line and I will send you some ideas that may help you become more comfortable with your crossdressing journey. If I can ever be of service please feel free to contact me through this site and let me know how I can help. A post on my home profile page wall or a private message will get the fastest response. – Blessings

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Astrid,  beautiful name…Wonderful to have you here with us. Many girls to chat ,make friends with and  much to read through our forums and such. So get settled and start enjoying being part of a place to express your inner feelings and share them with gals that support and understand our needs for dressing. Happy to welcome you here with us.   Hugs!

Stephanie 🌹

Hi Astrid, welcome to CDH. I know how you feel. Im 31 myself, working a job thats just there to pay the bills. X dressing ingrained itself into my head when I was 12 and haunted me till recently when I accepted it. Can’t wait to get to know you.

Love Trish

Ps any Skyrim players will know their Astrid, hail Sithis.

welcome Astrid from another mn girl. maybe we can talk sometime.  love Monique

Hi, hello, and welcome to Crossdresser Heaven! You have just arrived at the best and greatest CD site on the web! CDH has tons of very helpful crossdressing information, tips, and support from real people just like you! We highly encourage new CDH members to ask questions no matter how trivial you think they may be, as we are happy to answer to the best of our ability. We also love a well written profile, this helps everyone to get to know you better as the beautiful woman you are! We hope that you enjoy your stay here at CDH, as we are happy to have you as a part of our wonderful community.

Thank you, Samantha Roarke

Welcome Astrid!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions & New Members’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?