- January 12, 2021 at 10:06 am #431469Grace ScarlettParticipantRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 53Replies: 1490Has thanked: 6917 timesBeen thanked: 8319 times
My dear friend has been taken off a ventilator, is sitting up in bed and talking…it’s not over but she’s not dying and getting better…( After 9 days ” plugged in ”
I really don’t think my body could produce one more tear…can I thank you for the messages…you are all so ” bloody” wonderful…I have only been gone for three days and my notifications are bordering on…. ridiculous…I really do feel the love!!!
Can I say this really has brought the ” real world” crashing to my door…thousands are dying….but when it’s someone You know and love….it’s destroying…..
Worrying about “passing” or if your neighbour spots you have nail polish really is not even close to being a problem….
3 DAYS….and I have missed you……grace xx
Total of 46 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- January 16, 2021 at 5:52 pm #434154
- January 16, 2021 at 12:43 pm #434045
- January 16, 2021 at 9:09 am #433959Britney SummersLadyRegistered On: June 6, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 126Has thanked: 363 timesBeen thanked: 464 times
Good to hear every thing is looking up.
- January 16, 2021 at 10:06 am #433972Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 53Replies: 1490Has thanked: 6917 timesBeen thanked: 8319 times
Thank you Brit….I’m so glad you responded…I hope you are well…
I have just been watching a box set of Buffy…..and I thought of you….I love her, she does kick ass
you know where I am….
Huggs, grace ❤️
- January 16, 2021 at 4:15 pm #434144
- January 14, 2021 at 3:46 am #432242
- January 13, 2021 at 4:43 pm #432090
- January 13, 2021 at 4:41 pm #432089Stephanie FlowersAmbassadorRegistered On: June 26, 2017Topics: 25Replies: 4677Has thanked: 7905 timesBeen thanked: 7954 times
- January 13, 2021 at 11:44 pm #432180Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 53Replies: 1490Has thanked: 6917 timesBeen thanked: 8319 times
Thank you Stephanie….yes, the machines are life savers, but I would HATE to have to be plumbed into one!!!….huggs, grace xx
- January 14, 2021 at 12:53 am #432196Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 826Has thanked: 6659 timesBeen thanked: 3217 times
Oh yes. I can attest, unless you are unconscious, a respirator draws copious amounts of air (sucks hard). When I crashed with pneumonia after my final cancer surgery, I was on propofol and a respirator for just about 2 weeks. No food, only ice chips for water. Feeding is done by IV. Awful to wake up to. I am glad your friend is better.
- January 13, 2021 at 11:02 am #431952
- January 13, 2021 at 9:14 am #431917Mikey JohnsonLadyRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 118Has thanked: 139 timesBeen thanked: 374 times
Welcome back Gracie! So wonderful to hear your friend is getting better.
And of course we all missed you! And were worried for you.
This damn disease is wearing on all of us, but especially so on those who have lost loved ones. It’s extremely scary when a loved one gets sick because we don’t know how bad it will be.
But enough! Buck up Loveliness!
Keep the faith and know we’re here for you.
Huge hugs, Mikey
- January 13, 2021 at 4:09 am #431791stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 118Replies: 1392Has thanked: 2066 timesBeen thanked: 6005 times
I’m late to the party as usual. Welcome back Grace darling. You have been missed! – It’s been eerily quiet round here for a few days. I was worried that a dose of real world problems would catapult you out of our Pink Fog shrouded CDH world.
So pleased to hear your friend is recovering. Throws a new perspective on our own lives doesn’t it? Too many seem to think “It won’t happen to me.” Stay safe.
pleasedyourback, hugs, Steph 😃💖
- January 13, 2021 at 4:57 am #431805Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 53Replies: 1490Has thanked: 6917 timesBeen thanked: 8319 times
- January 13, 2021 at 5:16 am #431813stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 118Replies: 1392Has thanked: 2066 timesBeen thanked: 6005 times
Mmmm – “I AM the fog” – interesting idea. It was definitely thinning when you were away being a supportive Angel.
Perhaps you are not the Fog itself – but you most definitely are a Fog generator! Thank goodness you are back! I’m feeling very feminine today.
Hugs, Steph 💖
- January 13, 2021 at 5:15 am #431812Amanda BurtonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 17Replies: 876Has thanked: 6813 timesBeen thanked: 3321 times
We could do a new take on John Carpenter ‘s the fog. Stephanie, me and you Grace, roll across the planet as the revenging pink fog, seeking out the trolls of crossdressers, turning them into feminine ladies with our magic pink fog with no place to hide and unable to change their appearance we give them.
- January 13, 2021 at 8:41 am #431901stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 118Replies: 1392Has thanked: 2066 timesBeen thanked: 6005 times
You are being too kind! You must have got into Grace’s exhaust – NO! What am I saying?
Sorry, I meant Grace’s delicately perfumed waft of Pink Fog. I wonder where its generated from?
I would turn them into frogs and let them go in an Adder pit. No…that’s mean. Better still dress them up in Rei’s mark 2.0 gaffs and launch them across the Channel. Or make them eat sprouts whilst wearing hooped petticoats on the White cliffs of Dover with a wind blowing from the north west. Yes……. that’ll do. 💨💨💨💨
- January 13, 2021 at 10:35 am #431939
- January 13, 2021 at 5:40 am #431819Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 53Replies: 1490Has thanked: 6917 timesBeen thanked: 8319 times
Oh yes!!!!….one of my fav films ever….. knocking on a trolls door at midnight with a meat hook….mmmm I have had worse evenings..haha
And after the Christmas sprout festival, grace was definitely generating something, but it sure was not pink!!!!….
Adrienne Barbeau xx
- January 13, 2021 at 8:41 am #431902
- January 13, 2021 at 1:36 am #431762Hilda BeaumontDuchessRegistered On: March 14, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 84Has thanked: 233 timesBeen thanked: 304 times
So glad that your friend is getting better and you are back with us. Although the statistics are alarming nothing drives home harder than a loved one becoming invected by the virus. Truly hope that your friend makes a full and complete recovery.
Love and hugs
- January 13, 2021 at 1:05 am #431755Kathleen 60454LadyRegistered On: January 8, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 260Has thanked: 1646 timesBeen thanked: 867 times
That is GREAT news about your friend I am so happy for both of you. and it’s great to have you back too. As you are aware of my situation and the reason for me being quiet but have no fears I’ll be back in here at some point.
Miss talking to all of you. You are my support.
Love and Hugs,
- This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Kathleen 60454.
- January 13, 2021 at 1:24 am #431761Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 53Replies: 1490Has thanked: 6917 timesBeen thanked: 8319 times
and I do appreciate we all have our own things going on all the time…. especially you, so it makes your message even more thoughtful…keep on keeping on girl, and it WILL get better…..bit worried about you saying you were ” quiet??”….you? really?…haha
stay safe, rock chick !!!!
Huggs, grace xx
- January 12, 2021 at 6:00 pm #431644DuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 826Has thanked: 6659 timesBeen thanked: 3217 times
- January 12, 2021 at 5:10 pm #431634
- January 12, 2021 at 4:49 pm #431631patty williamsLadyRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 64Replies: 1210Has thanked: 2004 timesBeen thanked: 4149 times
- January 12, 2021 at 4:26 pm #431623
- January 12, 2021 at 4:25 pm #431621
- January 12, 2021 at 3:59 pm #431608Kelly AnnDuchessRegistered On: November 7, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 17Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 141 times
Welcome back sis
And glad to hear your friend is back on the mend
Where all here for you Grace
And these are strange and difficult times for us all
Your the life and sole for us all and we all need too sheed a few tears for our nearest and dearest
And we will all come through this stronger than ever
All my l❤ve to you sis
- January 12, 2021 at 3:39 pm #431599Stephanie RobertsPrincessRegistered On: May 20, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 429Has thanked: 3459 timesBeen thanked: 1431 times
- January 12, 2021 at 3:20 pm #431594
- January 12, 2021 at 3:12 pm #431593Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 19Replies: 2476Has thanked: 1391 timesBeen thanked: 4923 times
- January 12, 2021 at 1:18 pm #431563
- January 12, 2021 at 12:58 pm #431553Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 16Replies: 248Has thanked: 4684 timesBeen thanked: 1169 times
- January 12, 2021 at 12:56 pm #431552Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 548Has thanked: 5847 timesBeen thanked: 2384 times
- January 12, 2021 at 12:31 pm #431540Sarah Du HessisseLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 190Has thanked: 844 timesBeen thanked: 745 times
Hi Grace good to see your back, very nice to hear your friend is on the mend. Your a very good friend putting her first, the people who deny the severity of this virus need to wake up. I hope your well and stay safe sweetheart.
- January 12, 2021 at 12:27 pm #431538Ginny VirginiaLadyRegistered On: December 22, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 156Has thanked: 616 timesBeen thanked: 581 times
- January 12, 2021 at 12:22 pm #431534Rozalyne RichardsLadyRegistered On: March 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 299Has thanked: 412 timesBeen thanked: 990 times
Welcome back Grace, I’m so glad you’re friend is getting better, a friend of ours passed away from the covid last year it really brings it home to you not to take this virus to lightly,
Hugs Rozalyne x
- January 12, 2021 at 12:26 pm #431537
- January 12, 2021 at 11:52 am #431514Trisha SmithDuchessRegistered On: August 24, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 80Has thanked: 46 timesBeen thanked: 386 times
I am glad your friend is turning the corner. And I am super glad that you are ok as well. We need our Grace to keep us centered.
Seriously. If you need anything from us yankees just let me know. We got your back.
- January 12, 2021 at 11:30 am #431493Sandy JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 351Has thanked: 757 timesBeen thanked: 1546 times
Great t have you back Grace!!It just goes to show how petty some of our fears are when compared to someones’s very life. I’ve been crying most of the last 3 hours. Watched the U-tube documentary finding Joe. One thing I got from that is that this fear is real and within us and a part of us. What we need to do is look at the fear, embrace it and then go through the challenge together. Nothing like a good cry!!
Good to hear you friend is getting better. She is so lucky to have such a good friend like you!!!
- January 12, 2021 at 10:55 am #431485Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1712Has thanked: 3055 timesBeen thanked: 5795 times
- January 12, 2021 at 11:10 am #431487
- January 12, 2021 at 10:42 am #431482Cindy LouBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 18, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 429Has thanked: 1840 timesBeen thanked: 2004 times
Gracie’s back yay! So happy to hear your friend is doing better sweetheart, my wife had a couple of scary covid days when her lungs felt like they were burning and she was so afraid, I can certainly understand what your poor dear friend must have gone through on a ventilator, you are an incredible friend they are lucky to have you.
- January 12, 2021 at 10:35 am #431480Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 17Replies: 876Has thanked: 6813 timesBeen thanked: 3321 times
- January 12, 2021 at 10:23 am #431477
- January 12, 2021 at 10:08 am #431471
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.