Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Not sure if this has been brought up but finally got a skirt! Now the issue is having a beer gut but don’t drink beer. It’s a Ashley blue high waist A-line skirt. Trying to find a way to conceal the gut till I lose the weight. I didn’t try it with the panty girdle yet but just with the skirt it’s noticeable. Any suggestions to make it less obvious?

That’s what waist cinchers are for.  Get the ones that are steel boned, as the plastic ones don’t really hold you in.  There are also ones that are velcro, which work well too.

This may not be what you want to hear.  I am also carrying extra weight, which I am successfully working to lose.  As you probably know, it does take time to lose weight in a manner that will keep it off.  That being said, I select and purchase my clothes in styles that diminish or at least don’t draw attention to it.  Yes, this means that I avoid dress silhouettes that are tighter and opt for more loose fitting items.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Anonymous

Bodyshapers work for me as I’m a bit tubby as well. Tummy control pantyhose are also good, especially firm control ones. And they’re nice to wear!

Anonymous

P.S. Your skirt sounds nice.

Anonymous

Here’s a link to the skirt for anyone interested. Found it at Burke’s outlet for 11. https://www.burlington.com/b/High-Waist-Midi-Skirt-276785728.aspx?h=63318

Thanks for the advice eventually I will try it with the girdle and control top tights might even post a pic if I get the chance.

Anonymous

Good luck! Its great fun finding out what’s best to wear!

Anonymous

Funny how i never cared about my body,until i started seriously dressing . Yes the front protrusion is an issue. I agree with MacKenzie.loose fitting,patterened tops or dresses,works best for me. Now if i could just get rid of my fat calves lol!

Anonymous

Hi Shelley. What I found best for calves was just walking. Took a while to tighten them up but now they look great!

Body shapers, clinchers, tummy control pantyhose all have their place and different things work for different people. However there is something else, apart form diet, try improving your posture. It might sound silly but just standing up straight and pulling your tummy in can make the world of difference. If you do some exercises, pull your tummy in as much as you can for a few seconds and then release. Repeat it as much as you feel comfortable with. You can do this anytime it will help strengthen your tummy muscles which will help. Try it, it made a lot of difference for me, but it does of course, depend on how large your tummy is in the first place. Good luck.

Anonymous

Hi Andrea, that’s a great way. I find that when I’m dressed I stand differently.  I try and stand straighter with my shoulders back and my tummy pulled in.

Edie Majeski
      Baroness

Corsets, clinchers and so will help to flatten the belly but it depends on how big of a belly you have. If you have a large beer belly, those garments will only help so much and can be extremely uncomfortable if you’re trying to reduce your waist line a lot. I suggest, until you lose weight, to wear a lose blouse that is worn outside a skirt. This will help to hide the belly.

Anonymous

Well my measurements are high waist 38 belt line and men’s pants 36. So 2 inches give or take so not too bad I found the girdle makes it flat but the other issue is no defined waist so I get the flat but pretty much rectangle shaped.i will give some loose tops a try and see. Thanks for all the advice it really helps!

you can always find some padded panties to maximize your hips and give you a waist.

skirts are your enemy if you have lots of weight. empire waist dresses are your friend.

Anonymous

I’ve actually been looking for a dress. Now that I have the top and shirt or if the way. How do you know an empire waist? I usually ship at Ross, Burke’s, or might try Goodwill. How can I tell empire waist. Also is it the same or similar to a skater dress?

I have found what thousands of women know – Chico’s has clothes that help hide an imperfect body. My wife and I both shop there. When I go out in anything I get from Chico’s I invariably get compliments from other women. Maybe not the sexiest clothing on the planet, but it is comfortable and I feel good about how I look!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?