• This topic has 20 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I love Crossdressing and I usually spend hours looking at different cross dressing websites. My wife does not know this side of me and I hope she never finds out. I try and hide my internet history as best as I can. Any tricks I need to be mindful of? Any help would be appreciated… My CD addiction is growing everyday…

Delete your browser history.

Delete cookies.

Delete caches and databases that have been attached to your computer by outside sources.

Or, as the Cybermen say, delete, delete, delete.

Araminta.

Anonymous

Hi Vanity,

Please forgive me for being a wet blanket, but if you want to be sure your wife never finds out:

Walk away from Dressing, purge your wardrobe, and never think about it again.

Now, since we both know that’s impossible, may I suggest the following, instead:  Find a way to broach the subject and reveal this essential aspect of your life before she discovers it on her own; because eventually, she will.

Hugs,

Bettylou

Molly
      Duchess

Oh Vanity!

The eternal question for those who are at risk.   You can try to delete everything, but it’s very very difficult as not all of it is under your control.  (eg: Accounts on the sites being used)

@bunnymom (BettyLou) has the best statement here… Just don’t, she will find out one day.

Other than that.

Try using a different machine altogether that she never has access to and create new accounts for each and every site that you use. NEVER use your phone for the CD accounts/sites.   Do not ever use your Drab/Male/Normal accounts on this machine.

If you must use the same machine… Use private/incognito mode (ALWAYS) and always close all browser windows (This takes care of cookies and history).   Again, NEVER use your phone for CD accounts especially with social media like facebook, instagram, flicker etc. – (They start to associate phone details on the server side and will show up for people who know your phone number).

It can be done, but be aware that one day you will make a mistake.  You may or may not be outed by the mistake each time, but eventually you will.  Perhaps it’d be easier to discuss it/this/CDing with the wife?

-Molly

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Molly.

Hello Vanity,

Clear your cache and history. You can select this. When you leave your browser it deletes all your history automatically. I used this at work. We couldn’t use the computers there for anything but work.

But. Your best bet is talk about it. Otherwise like Bettlou says. Toss everything  and forget about crossdressing.

Hugs,

Natasha 💋

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Vanity,

Using a separate user account (login) than your wife, that you never share with her, will give you a lot of protection by itself. She wouldn’t have access to your browsing history. This assumes her user account doesn’t have administrative privileges, which would allow her to bypass the security controls on your account. But it sounds like that’s not the case.

Assuming you are sharing a login with her, you can diligently delete all your browsing history after each session. This in itself will eventually raise suspicion. Someday she’ll notice there isn’t any history and wonder why.  Incognito mode is a better option but that’s not foolproof either.

If you ask her to use her own login, she’ll wonder why. If she begins to wonder why you’re on the computer for hours, what are you going to tell her? Or maybe she stays quiet and hires an investigator. Then there’s your router. If it logs all your traffic (many do), and she gets into that, you’re outed.

As you may have guessed by now, I work in IT. I’ve been involved in a number of company investigations. I can assure you that it’s very, very difficult to completely cover your tracks on a consistent basis. There are so many ways things can go wrong. Hiding your tracks day in and day out is exhausting. Sooner or later you’re going to miss something. Getting caught never goes well.

I hid my true self for decades and it eventually caught up with me. I became severely depressed. The weight of my deception was too much to bear. So I came out to my girlfriend five years ago. It was an enormous relief. We’re still together but things are far from ideal. Regardless of what happens with us, I’m living authentically and I’m the happiest I’ve ever been.

I would encourage you to reconsider your actions. What you’re doing takes an enormous toll on your mental health. Then there’s the toll on your wife. Someday you’ll get caught and it’ll be ugly. She’ll be hurt and probably furious. Better for her to find out on your terms. The girls here on CDH can help you with that. Many of us have been thru this before, and some of us have been incredibly surprised. There’s a fair chance your relationship will actually improve. It happens.

Obviously everything I’ve said is just my opinion. You need to do what’s right for your situation. I wish you only the best.

Emily

Anonymous

Hello Vanity

I am so non “tech”, so the best advice I can offer is to follow Bettylou’s words of wisdom…..

but please…..do not p-p-p-p-purge, golly I so hate that word…

best wishes, grace x

Susan Zed
      Lady

I am with the other girls on this, it will be very much better to talk to your wife about thus unless you think she is going to use it as a weapon against you, which hopefully you don’t 😀

Hiding things is horrible and when you are discovered your wife will be very hurt. My first wife came out as a Lesbian after years of marriage and it made me feel all our time together was a lie. Yes it will be difficult for you but if she is accepting you will both be free of lies. BTW I have found only kindness from my partners, some havent understood it or particularly liked it but they have understood it made me a happier and whole person.

As to hiding your history you can follow what others say and use private browsers but you are never truly going to be able to hide forever.  When she does find out it would be better on your terms rather than a random discovery.

Susan x

Becka
      Lady

Please be aware;

I already knew this but I watched a TED talk this morning about what your (smart) devices know about you.

A young woman did an experiment for a year or so, and had 80 smart devices installed in her home.  An acquaintance of hers who is expert in this field, then monitored all internet traffic coming into and more so, leaving her home.  It is astonishing.  All devices but especially her smart speaker, “reach out” to their manufacturers multiple times a day.  They send every bit of information out, and everything passes through their ISP (Internet Service Provider, e.g., Comcast).

All of that information is captured, and shared.  With whom?  Your guess is as good as mine.  Of course the “real” reason behind this is so ads can be sent and presented to you for the things you look at, talk about or watch on tv or the internet, with regularity.

If anyone really wanted to probe enough, the information is there to be had.  Even as I type this message, visit this site et al, I do so knowing “others” are going to “see” this.  So the secret it out.

I do know for a fact that even if you “delete” items on your computer, laptop, tablet, etc., it still lives on in other places you cannot and do not control.

Now regarding your desire to dress, it will not go away.  It does not and only gets stronger.  I know this from experience!  🙂

Just do it, and enjoy!

R

I only wish our robot overlords treat us kindly.

Robin Snow
      Duchess

It’s not just limited to your browser.   Your digital footprint is bigger than you think.  If you are logged into a Google account you might want to check your account settings.  Google does save your search history.  YouTube also keeps track of  your watch history. Amazon keeps track of your browsing history.

Rather than be secretive it’s easier to have the talk with your wife than to clean up your digital footprint.

Good luck,

Robin

Siobhan
      Lady

either of

delete cache and browser history

use incognito mode

use torr browser

tell your wife

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

For a start, you can pretty much forget about hiding everything. It is so many ways things are tracked that the only way for it to never be discovered is to do what bettylou say – not do it at all.

Since that ain’t going to happen I like to break some other news, even telling your wife may not be enough. While I don’t have to hide anything from my wife or kids I do need to separate things a little. For example it can be somewhat embarrassing if I show some friend something on ebay/amazon/… and it shows that list of “recently viewed” stuff that would require some explanation.

The problem with incognito made and “delete *” is that you of course have to start over completely every time.
      My way around it is what Emily say – I have multiple accounts. I login as a separate user that do all the cd stuff. I have separate users on all the online sites also specifically for that purpose.

I don’t use windoze so I don’t know exactly how to do it there but I do remember it being a simple way to have multiple users and switch between them with some quick keystroke, google can probably tell you everything you need about it.

/kt

It’s the 21st Century, assume you are being watched.

But if you want to ‘know before you go’ try:

https://themarkup.org/blacklight

Don’t use Google,Tor is a good browser, add a VPN for more security, and always remember to double check EVERYTHING!

Debbie w

Sutekina
      Lady

Use incognito mode. Also called private browsing. Every browser has this function.

I used to do that but now I use a browser in regular mode, but one that’s not commonly used unless you’re an above average computer user. I use Firefox. But the shortcut I delete from both the desktop and windows menu. I instead copy the shortcut into a folder on the root C drive.

I do this because I have passwords saved and have sites log in automatically. There’s some risk, but only for people who know what they are doing.

The energy involved in the hiding and the  secrets sounds utterly exhausting.

I am definitely in the open and honest camp here.

So after reading all of the reply’s to this thread it got me to questioning everything.

I hate to admit it but I am thinking about trying to quit one more time.

I hate being so conflicted. I wish I was as strong as most of you are but I am just not.

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

Hi Vanity,

I struggled with crossdressing for decades and would have given anything to be permanently rid of it. After my last purge in 2008, I lost the desire to dress for 7 years. Thought I was cured. Then the desire came back stronger than ever. I drove myself crazy fighting the urge for a month. Of course I gave in. And for the first time in my life, I took a close look in the mirror. I’m so glad I did.

I think we’re wired this way. There’s no fighting it. We can run but we can’t hide. Desire always catches us.

I hope you’ll stay and learn to live authentically. There’s a lot of shoulders you can lean on in these forums. If you decide to leave you’re always welcome back.

Big Hug,
        Emily

[postquote quote=397796]

A alternative to the Tor browser is the Brave browser. Tor has been around for some time but Brave is quite recent. Many are now offering the search engine DuckDuckGo as a searching choice as it doesn’t retain your search strings.

However, coming out is a great way to unburden yourself and remove the anxiety of trying to avoid being outed. We are imperfect beings and we are likely to make mistakes with our computers, leave something in the wash, leave lipstick in your car, forget to remove your mascara or have someone come home unexpectedly. There are MANY ways to go wrong here.

Coming out is all about telling your story in your way. If you get outed, usually the best that you can do is damage control. The opportunity to say what you need to say is gone; perhaps forever…

Anonymous

Hi Doll; I’m a Crossdressing Closet Girl so I’m not sure I should be adding my two cents but … Like someone already commented, “ it’s the 21st Century just assume your being watched, your data is tracked” having said that; I use ‘Incognito’ be advised they give you warning ⚠️ there’s limits to the Incognito protection. I’ve read multiple times from other Crossdressers their tale of woe, having purged the wardrobe and accessories only to restart. I’ve just recently started my 3rd year. I actually thought it was a temporary fling rather an on going personality change. There’s no one more surprised than me, I’m 100% sure if that. I’ve learned so much in a relatively short time. I don’t have the childhood or teenage experience that so many others have shared. But I must admit, sometimes I find myself ‘Clawing my Closet door’ to interact in public as my femme persona. But unless I’m outted, I’m content to use Incognito and try to monitor myself. There’s always a history in the computer world.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?