• This topic has 14 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I am a size 16 – 18 dress and size 10 med jeans both sizes fit well . You get the picture. I love wearing my jeans i am looking for blazer or sweater to that will hide my shoulder width in front and in back. Thanx luv Stephanie

I posted this yesterday Stephanie………..

Off the peg’ clothes, mass-produced and ready to wear.  Primarily heard in UK.

For the perfect look made to measure suits are the order of the day for gentlemen, perfect fit for wide shoulders, perfect waist and length of trouser….looking good!

Crossdressers on the other hand don’t come in woman shapes and sizes so we have to cope with narrower shoulders, tighter waists and baggy hips….not so perfect!

I know that made to measure drag and glamour ware are available (usualy of fancy dress quality) but what about us glamorous housewives out shopping or working just wanting to fit in?

In these modern times of ‘being what you want to be (as long as the neighbours don’t find out) is there a market for man shaped dresses made by clever seamstresses and designers to hide our many manly faults?

It had two replys, 1 for and 1 against and not very good comments…..Sally xx

Sherri Cisneros
      Baroness

I would suggest adding hip padding to match your shoulder width.  If you haven’t tried this, you will be amazed at the results, plus the cloths fit much better.  If you can’t afford silicone, the best, then make some out of foam.  Getting your proportions correct will make all the difference in the world.

Hi Tania Thank you for your reponce. I went and bought hip and butt pads made with silicone I also bought a body shaper that had little pockets that i could fit the silicone pads into . They look and fit great .They did what you said it would do It helped balance body shape. I am starting to see a hint of a smaller waiste I love it Thank you. Love Stephanie

Anonymous

Hi Stephanie , try shoulder ( or longer) length hair/ wig , I’ve got broad shoulders & it definitely works xx Tiff

I have a suggestion. You could try a jumper with a  fluted bottom that sits on your hips.  Some of these style jumpers have a kind of frill on the bottom edge, which would accentuate and add to your waist line. I am shaped fairly up and down for a cisfemale and when I was doing belly dancing which requires accentuated hips, I added frilles and ruffles to my hips.

Just  athought. Good luck.

Thank You Christinr I get the picture. I found a cute tunic V neck top with a really pretty florel print on bottom edge . I love it. Thank you for the tip.luv Stephanie

Anonymous

I have a similar problem. My tops tend to be size 12 and sometimes 14 with a waist and hips handled with a size 10. I try to use dark colors on top, but this isn’t always practical. I have considered wearing rather ample hip and butt pads as a balance and may take that up seriously next year. The result should be a more curvy figure, but not skinny or lithe. I’m okay with that.

Boobs should be proportional to your body, but a bigger upper body should be factored in. Sometimes, I feel my boobs are too big, that they add additional mass to an already top heavy frame. They are of modest size, and I can live with it, but I am considering a smaller size.

I also avoid blouses and sweaters with exposed shoulders (that doesn’t even work for most GGs, in my opinion) and anything with horizontal lines. Exposed backs are a no-no.

Anonymous

I have several tops that are bare shoulders.  I thought they would emphasize my shoulders but they actually had the opposite effect.   Love them

Anonymous

When I buy blazers and dresses I look for something with padded shoulders so it looks like the jacket is big, not me. I think it works pretty well kind of emphasizing it ti make it look like it’s not there.

C

Steph,

Dark colour on top, light on the bottom helps.

Use a wide, structured skirt. A-line, skater skirt or structured pleats. I find a high waist takes attention away from the narrow hips. Don’t go for pencil skirts, they accentuate the narrow hips.

Horizontal lines on the skirt and vertical on the blouse help too.

A large bust will make the shoulders look even bigger, so drop the DD forms!

I often drape a loose shawl over my shoulders too, it camouflages the large shoulders.

S

Anonymous

Adding hip padding helps reduce the size of your shoulders. Wearing a shawl when it is cooler. I find wearing darker blouses that has darts and a little fitted in the torso helps some. I don’t wear bare shoulder tops but have worn cold shoulder tops and those hid them just a little. It’s just something we have to live with. I just wish I could make my feet smaller…that would be a thrill instead of the size 12 I currently have.

Great advice. Thanks.

Anonymous

I always thought wide shouldered women were kind of sexy..The girls at school that were on the gym team or the gymnastics team looked strong and sexy and they had no issues showing that off.

Anonymous

Hi Stephanie.

Emphasize your waist

Avoid tops with detailing at the shoulders

Wear a Skater skirt

Wear V neck and Scoop tops

No shoulder pads

Wear a dark top lighter bottom

Wear a long necklace

Wear Puffy sleeves

Hope this helps Luv

Natasha💋

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?