• Creator
    Topic
    Leah Santini
    Participant
    Registered On: January 5, 2018
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 153

All,

Okay I continue to have this problem. I’ve mastered walking in heels including stilettos (up to three inches), but I haven’t figured out how to stop my heels from slipping out the back. I’ve purchased some straps for my heels to hold things together but I’d really like to be able to wear classic pumps without any straps.

I’ve tried pads in the toes, pads around the heel, and pads in the soles all to no avail.

Do I simply need to buy slightly smaller size shoes and put up with the toe pain? We girls do have to suffer for our fashions, after all!

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Leah

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Bianca Everdene
      Lady
      Registered On: April 11, 2017
      Topics: 30
      Replies: 951

I do buy them a bit snug to prevent slippage.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Lea
      Lady
      Registered On: March 23, 2016
      Topics: 87
      Replies: 353

Hey Leah. Do you happen to wear hosiery with your heels?

It took me years to realize that wearing tights, pantyhose, or even knee highs were causing my feet to slip and side in heels, and my walk became more slippery, and awkward.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Lara Tucker
      Lady
      Registered On: September 29, 2021
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 963

I will have to agree with Jocelyn also. Shorter strides help a lot. Also putting one foot in front of the other, which helps that hip swivel too. The only time my heel comes out is if I “man stride”.
      Hey it can happen to the best of us: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VwLa-Y3gKl8

💕Lara

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Teri Linnealis
      Lady
      Registered On: January 28, 2022
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 86

Leah, I have a nice pair of heels that also would do what it could to leave you in a pile of humiliation on the floor. They slept unbothered in there lair until I read this post yesterday. Someone suggested adhesive. I thought “what the hell do I have to lose”. I use 3 M industrial doubled  sided tape (available at Walmart in hardware) for adhering fake nails. I cut two 2″ long pieces and stuck them in the heel of the shoes, slipped my feet in and stepped down hard. I walked around the house for 3 hours with not one heel slip. I do not know how hard it will be to remove the adhesive residue but it sure beats throwing away some very nice shoes. Hope it works, Hugs TERI

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Suzanne Martin
      Hostess
      Registered On: January 8, 2020
      Replies: 185

Leah –

I have the same problem with my pumps.  I have the toe stuffed with some cotton batting (the stuff they stuff pillows and stuffed animals with) and it seems to work okay.  I have to admit though that I only dress at home so any walking I do is minimal.  You may want to look at buying a wider width shoe in a smaller size.  I did that and it worked out well.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Stephanie Green
      Lady
      Registered On: June 23, 2022
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 112

I’ve worn pumps with 4, 5 and 6 inch heels and haven’t had a problem with my heels slipping out of the shoes as I’ve walked.  I wear a size 12.  All of my shoes are made buy Pleaser.  The shoes fit well, snug but not too tight.  I kept trying on shoes until I found ones that felt good on my feet.

Jocelyn makes a good point about taking short strides.  I keep my stride short and put one foot directly in front of the other with each step.   I started doing that to  make my hips sway as I walk, but I can see how it would help keep my heels from slipping out of the shoes.

Stephanie MacNeil
        Lady
        Registered On: January 31, 2022
        Replies: 127

I agree with Stephanie and Jocelyn that shorter strides and controlling your walking motion can be part of the solution.  I used to have an issue with my pumps (usually 3-4.5 inches) sliding off my heel until I started shortening my stride, letting my hips sway more and keeping some light downward pressure on my toes.  As a guy, my walk is utilitarian and trying to get from A to B fast.  Dressed as woman, I’ve changed that to a deliberate, slower, controlled motion.

MelanieElizabeth
      Lady
      Registered On: January 9, 2021
      Topics: 19
      Replies: 252

I feel your pain Leah, literally! I must be guilty of wearing shoes that are too small because they don’t slip but my feet hurt for weeks after keystone. Two full days in heels may just be too much for me. Lol

Jocelyn Beyoody
      Duchess
      Registered On: May 4, 2022
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 71

I had a similar Problem. I thought it was shoe size. Went small, down one size. It worked. My toes suffered tremendously, especially with certain styles.
      On a night I went out dressed. A girl told me me stride was too long. Girls have short, deliberate strides. Since then, I don’t even slide out of my mule’s.
      Xoxo

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Cerys Burton
      Lady
      Registered On: February 2, 2021
      Topics: 68
      Replies: 219

I use sticky silicone style heel grips, I bought them off Amazon. They sit under the heel of you foot and run up the back of the shoe. So they cushion as well as grip. search for Ballotte invisible heel grips.
      It’s all very well people saying try different sizes and brands…. I’m a UK size 10. I don’t get a lot of choice 🙂

Cerys.

Camryn Occasionnel
        Duchess
        Registered On: December 10, 2018
        Topics: 3
        Replies: 648

Hey, thanks for the tip, Cerys! I have this problem Leah describes. I checked Amazon, found the Ballotte heel inserts and they’re on my Save-for-Later queue.

Stephanie Bass
      Hostess
      Registered On: November 30, 2019
      Topics: 24
      Replies: 3749

Hi Leah please keep us up to date with your results as i have a few pairs that do the same not all as a size 11 womens most fit well but a few brands do slip thanks ..

Stephanie

Celeste Starre
      Lady
      Registered On: June 26, 2018
      Topics: 50
      Replies: 1452

I would suggest keep looking.  Shoe sizes often differ from one brand to another.  If there are free shipping and free returns then you can try a bunch of different brands until you come up with one that works.  If not there is always Ebay. I must have sold well over 100 pairs there over the years for one reason or another.  It also takes some time to break in a pair of heels so if you find a length that works without slipping but the toe area is a tad snug it will improve over time.

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Michelle Isgurly
      Lady
      Registered On: October 12, 2021
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 41

Try using some max hold hair spray in them, works for me

Brittney Andrews
      Lady
      Registered On: August 1, 2019
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 762

Hello Leah; if cobblers/shoe-smiths can stretch leather shoes a little to make them wider or longer, I wouldn’t see why they couldn’t shrink or collapse them to make them smaller so your heel won’t slip out when you take a step.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.