Tagged: 

Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

All,

Okay I continue to have this problem. I’ve mastered walking in heels including stilettos (up to three inches), but I haven’t figured out how to stop my heels from slipping out the back. I’ve purchased some straps for my heels to hold things together but I’d really like to be able to wear classic pumps without any straps.

I’ve tried pads in the toes, pads around the heel, and pads in the soles all to no avail.

Do I simply need to buy slightly smaller size shoes and put up with the toe pain? We girls do have to suffer for our fashions, after all!

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Leah

Hello Leah; if cobblers/shoe-smiths can stretch leather shoes a little to make them wider or longer, I wouldn’t see why they couldn’t shrink or collapse them to make them smaller so your heel won’t slip out when you take a step.

Try using some max hold hair spray in them, works for me

Hi Leah please keep us up to date with your results as i have a few pairs that do the same not all as a size 11 womens most fit well but a few brands do slip thanks ..

Stephanie

I use sticky silicone style heel grips, I bought them off Amazon. They sit under the heel of you foot and run up the back of the shoe. So they cushion as well as grip. search for Ballotte invisible heel grips.
      It’s all very well people saying try different sizes and brands…. I’m a UK size 10. I don’t get a lot of choice 🙂

Cerys.

Hey, thanks for the tip, Cerys! I have this problem Leah describes. I checked Amazon, found the Ballotte heel inserts and they’re on my Save-for-Later queue.

Lynda Jones
        Baroness - Annual

Thanks Cerys,
        Going to give Ballotte invisible heel grips a try.

Anonymous
      Duchess

I had a similar Problem. I thought it was shoe size. Went small, down one size. It worked. My toes suffered tremendously, especially with certain styles.
      On a night I went out dressed. A girl told me me stride was too long. Girls have short, deliberate strides. Since then, I don’t even slide out of my mule’s.
      Xoxo

MelanieElizabeth
      Ambassador

I feel your pain Leah, literally! I must be guilty of wearing shoes that are too small because they don’t slip but my feet hurt for weeks after keystone. Two full days in heels may just be too much for me. Lol

But you still looked mighty cute in them Melanie  He He ..

Stephanie

Anonymous

I’ve worn pumps with 4, 5 and 6 inch heels and haven’t had a problem with my heels slipping out of the shoes as I’ve walked.  I wear a size 12.  All of my shoes are made buy Pleaser.  The shoes fit well, snug but not too tight.  I kept trying on shoes until I found ones that felt good on my feet.

Jocelyn makes a good point about taking short strides.  I keep my stride short and put one foot directly in front of the other with each step.   I started doing that to  make my hips sway as I walk, but I can see how it would help keep my heels from slipping out of the shoes.

I agree with Stephanie and Jocelyn that shorter strides and controlling your walking motion can be part of the solution.  I used to have an issue with my pumps (usually 3-4.5 inches) sliding off my heel until I started shortening my stride, letting my hips sway more and keeping some light downward pressure on my toes.  As a guy, my walk is utilitarian and trying to get from A to B fast.  Dressed as woman, I’ve changed that to a deliberate, slower, controlled motion.

Leah –

I have the same problem with my pumps.  I have the toe stuffed with some cotton batting (the stuff they stuff pillows and stuffed animals with) and it seems to work okay.  I have to admit though that I only dress at home so any walking I do is minimal.  You may want to look at buying a wider width shoe in a smaller size.  I did that and it worked out well.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Leah, I have a nice pair of heels that also would do what it could to leave you in a pile of humiliation on the floor. They slept unbothered in there lair until I read this post yesterday. Someone suggested adhesive. I thought “what the hell do I have to lose”. I use 3 M industrial doubled  sided tape (available at Walmart in hardware) for adhering fake nails. I cut two 2″ long pieces and stuck them in the heel of the shoes, slipped my feet in and stepped down hard. I walked around the house for 3 hours with not one heel slip. I do not know how hard it will be to remove the adhesive residue but it sure beats throwing away some very nice shoes. Hope it works, Hugs TERI

Roberta Broussard
        Duchess - Annual

Hi Teri,  I just now read your post on using tape to prevent heel slips. While I love wearing nylons with heels. I have several pairs of shoes that I just can’t.  Are you putting the tap under the heel or under the rim on the backside of the heel ?

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

I will have to agree with Jocelyn also. Shorter strides help a lot. Also putting one foot in front of the other, which helps that hip swivel too. The only time my heel comes out is if I “man stride”.
      Hey it can happen to the best of us: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VwLa-Y3gKl8

💕Lara

Lea
      Lady

Hey Leah. Do you happen to wear hosiery with your heels?

It took me years to realize that wearing tights, pantyhose, or even knee highs were causing my feet to slip and side in heels, and my walk became more slippery, and awkward.

I do buy them a bit snug to prevent slippage.

I wear size 11 with a 3 1/2 to 4 inch heel and they are always a bit snug so I have not had much trouble with slippage. Besides the remedies mentioned by people above I have heard that hairspray on the heel works but have not tried it.

I would recommend buying a smaller size than you have now then stretch them out especially in the toe box. This can be done several ways such as buying a shoe stretcher for high heels. I have done it and it works pretty good but that’s not the process I typically use.

Sometimes I use the freezer method using zip lock baggies. With the zip lock open and placed toward the heel push the opposite lower corner of the baggy as far into the toe as you can. The closing zip slider should be at the toe so after you add the water and close the baggy it will be at the heel. That way water won’t leak out. Fill the baggy with about 2 inches of water or just to the top of the shoe. When the toe area is filled place it in the freezer with the shoe upright overnight. In the morning remove the shoes and let them sit upright to thaw until you can slide the bags out. When the ice forms it will expand the shoe making the area slightly wider.

The method I currently use is the hair dryer method and I like the way it works better than anything else. I bought a bottle of Cadillac Leather conditioner from a leather goods store. I pour a small amount on my finger and spread it around the area inside the toe where my toes and foot make contact. I let it soak in for a few minutes to absorb into the leather softening it. Wearing nylons I take a hairdryer on hot and hold it pointing at the toe area for a few seconds. I then quickly slide the shoe on and stand up straight so my weight will put downward pressure on the toe area stretching it slightly. Wait a while tto let them cool down and check the fit when the shoes are room temperature. It might take a couple of tries to get the fit you like.

I use this method for patent leather shoes every time I go out because patent is stiff when you first put them on. They pinch until you warm up the shoe and the leather gives a some. I avoid that grief by using a tiny bit of the conditioner with a shorter hair dryer time and put the shoe on. The fit is better right away and not painful. I’m on my way with a smile on my face!

I hope this helps,

Micki

Sherri Remington
        Duchess - Annual

Thanks for the info Micki, I’m for sure going to try the hair dryer trick.

Sherri

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

Excellent tips Micki.  Question.  Do you use conditioner on man-made materials or something else?  Thanks!

Hi Emily,

All of my shoes are leather which is why I use the Cadillac brand. I don’t know what man made shoes are lined with but the conditioner might be absorbed into the shoe. Armorall car conditioner might work for non leather shoes but might make them slippery. I am careful with Armorall because I almost broke my neck in Las Vegas a few years ago. We got a Chevy Suburban ride from UBER and when I stepped on the running board getting in my foot slid out from under me. If I wasn’t holding on to the roof handle getting in I would have been on my head. I suspect the driver used Armorall in the running board.

Emily Alt
            Managing Ambassador

Leather shoes are hard to find in my size (12/13).  I usually have to settle for man-made.

I’ll steer clear of Armorall.  Glad your Vegas mishap wasn’t any worse.

Hiya, Leah:  a very interesting question, but not one that I think can ever have a guaranteed answer.  I can only assume that the problem must be the shape of the foot, as I’ve never suffered this problem – and I always wear tights or stockings with my heels.  All I can suggest is to try going a half size too small – and remember that every GG must surely suffer the same pain as that will bring you. Sorry:  Holly XXX

I found that those puffy adhesive inserts that stick onto the inside of the heel area help me. It makes the shoe a little tighter and is also not a slippery as the shoe material.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?