Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Harriette
      Lady

According to Google Maps, I spent two hours wandering around a big mall, most of the time wearing 4″ heels. I surprised myself just how long I survived that, even though I had been practicing, a bit.

My problem is after I take off my heels. At home, while taking a rest with my feet up, they both started to cramp. This has happened before and I usually deal with them by quickly standing up or by pulling back on most of my toes, to stretch them.

My arches are still fairly high, so I am sure that that has something to do with getting cramps in my arches, but it’s not as if my shoes are ever going to support them in the middle, even if the heels were shorter. I also got cramps in my calves when training, so I may just be prone to getting cramps.

Because of so much misinformation about cramps, I have never found a true solution that resolves this annoying and painful problem. I am well hydrated and have taken potassium suppliments, in the past. Maybe more practice time will help. Don’t know.

I don’t get cramps from wearing high heels but wearing  a tightly laced corset gives me stomach cramps and back pain later on.

I stated on a regime of magnesium which has helped me with leg cramps a lot !

carole

Harriette
        Lady

After I posted this, I did a search, to see new info. Magnesium was one of the supplements listed. I will check with my cardiologist, to see if he will allow me taking it.

Foot cramps

The page also suggests tight muscles as being a possible cause. With such high arches to begin with, my bet is that that is probably the main cause. I will do stretching exercises and see it that helps.

Harriette:

Are you walking on your toes?

Harriette
        Lady

When?

The heels were only 4″ tall, so, while high enough, they aren’t exaggeratedly high and are quite comfortable. At home, I walk barefooted, so no.

There are some folks that think in order to walk in heels you have to walk on your toes. I have no idea why they think that, but that sentiment is out there. I’m not saying it is prevalent, but it is out there.

Harriette
            Lady

For how hard it is to find 2″ heeled pumps in large enough sizes, you’d think that manufacturers don’t even know how to make them, too. Four+ inch heels are everywhere!

ECCO, for example, currently has exactly what I need (something to wear all day), but not even close to the size that will fit me. Many stores cry for more bigger sizes, they know that their customers need them, but manufacturers aren’t interested in supplying them, especially for the 1-2% of the population that crossdress.

Peta Mari
      Lady

You need to also take magnesium supplements along with the potassium. And salt as well.

Potassium and sodium work hand in hand to fire up and relax the muscles.

Usually if you cramp when your relaxed, its a magnesium deficiency. If you cramp while exercising its sodium and potassium..

However. It could be your muscles relaxing from being in an abnormal strained position, and not caused by a deficiency.

Harriette
        Lady

Interesting. I have not heard those details before.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Possibly something to do with the different stretching of muscle and tendons while wearing heels. They are being worked differently so aren’t going back to what was natural before. I say this as when I do things that stretch muscles in a different way to the norm I get cramps.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?