- flats or less than 1/2" heel.
- 1" - 2" heels.
- 3"- 4" heels
- Go as tall as you want!
- January 13, 2021 at 2:02 pm #432029Tammy JohnsonParticipantRegistered On: September 23, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 17Has thanked: 16 timesBeen thanked: 92 times
So I’m curious, what is everyone else’s thoughts on high heeled footwear if you are taller? I’m 6′-3″ but actually found some really nice boots and heels, both with around a 2.5″ heel and in a size 13 that I really like. However, when wearing them I’m obviously ridiculously tall, around 6′-5″. Should I just stick to flats or shorter heels or do you all think this is ok?
- January 16, 2021 at 5:40 am #433877Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1502Has thanked: 1095 timesBeen thanked: 3858 times
I have shoes that range in heels height from flat to 6 in. Most of what I wear is 4in and second most 3 in. I used to be worried about my heel height and how tall I would be in my heels. I would be quite tall and maybe really stand out. After being out and worried about that several times I discovered I was worried about nothing. Now I love wearing my heels when i go out. I never worry about my height.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- January 16, 2021 at 3:06 am #433811Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 189Has thanked: 206 timesBeen thanked: 467 times
I’m 6’1″ in the old currency and had a girlfriend many years ago who was 6’2″ and still wore 3-4″ heels! Elegant and sexy as but she did mention to me that she was ‘sorry’ but couldn’t go out with anyone shorter than her!
I introduced her to a Rugby mate of mine who topped at 6’8″… they married, had a brood of kids and that was that… for me at any rate.
Comfortwise, I wear 2″ heel everyday but 3-4″ when going out.
Your choice… xx Polly
- January 14, 2021 at 6:37 am #432301Jamie TaalLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 84Has thanked: 446 timesBeen thanked: 442 times
This reminds me of when my sister was getting married some years ago. She was always self conscious about being tall and in this case taller than her fiancee/husband when she wore heels. She is 6′ and her husband is a little over 6′. The night before the wedding there was a formal reception/dinner and she was torn on what shoes to wear. In the end she said “I have this gorgeous pair of kick-ass red pumps and i’ll be damed if i’m not going to wear the heck out them on my last day of being single.” The heels made her 6′-3″+ and she rocked them and she looked fabulous!
- January 13, 2021 at 9:35 pm #432171
- January 13, 2021 at 9:01 pm #432165Lisa SmithBaronessRegistered On: December 9, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 21Has thanked: 123 timesBeen thanked: 67 times
I’m 5’11” and love love love 3-4” heels… I much prefer block or wider heels, more so than stilettos, and, with practice, can make those work. In my humble opinion, it’s all about how we imagine ourselves and the look we want to achieve! My femme shoe size runs from 12w to 14, depending on the make. Size 13 seems to be a good compromise, but it’s still difficult to find the right size… I say if you got it, flaunt it! Lisa
- January 13, 2021 at 2:47 pm #432053Jessica RossLadyRegistered On: December 9, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 128Has thanked: 199 timesBeen thanked: 514 times
Wear what you love!!!
You are not ridiculously tall. You are a beautiful lady who happens to be tall.
Take a look at images of female basketball players that are out for functions. Many wear heels.
- January 13, 2021 at 2:45 pm #432051Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 757Has thanked: 2425 timesBeen thanked: 3711 times
Honey, you wear what feels good (within reason!). There are no rules – especially for CDs. We make our own when we put that dress on!
I like 3″ heels a lot, and find it hard to walk in anything higher.
I dislike flats, but I have some very cute white trainers, which seem to be en vogue. These are great for driving and for when the heels start getting a bit painful.
I can last all night in the right pair – but only if I let my feet down a bit during the day!
I’m 6’4″, so most people who see me dressed are under no illusions about my genetics whatsoever – but I like what I like and if it’s only idiots who have a problem with that, great.
I wouldn’t want to upset nice people 😍😍😍
- January 13, 2021 at 2:10 pm #432034Robyn DevineDuchessRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 515Has thanked: 1610 timesBeen thanked: 2222 times
Being your a size 13 I think dictates a little on what you do. That size is difficult knowing other Girls here.
I’m 6 ft flat but I love 3-4 inch heels.
My attitude is wear what you LOVE! I love 3-4 inch heels so I wear em and own it! So what if it makes me 6-3, 6-4. If you love what you see in the mirror…GO FOR IT!
XO Robyn 🤗❤️
- January 13, 2021 at 2:14 pm #432035Tammy JohnsonLadyRegistered On: September 23, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 17Has thanked: 16 timesBeen thanked: 92 times
Hey, thanks for the response! That was kind of the way I was leaning, I think around 3″ is probably the highest I am most comfortable trying to walk in, especially in snow! I’ve worn them around the house a bit, so have gotten a bit more used to them.
Which I guess brings up another question for me, does anyone have any good sites to recommend for larger sizes of 12.5 and up?
- January 13, 2021 at 2:51 pm #432057Jessica RossLadyRegistered On: December 9, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 128Has thanked: 199 timesBeen thanked: 514 times
The Breast Form Store and En Femme both sites advertise on this site I believe have shoes 12.5 and over.
- January 13, 2021 at 2:43 pm #432049Robyn DevineDuchessRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 515Has thanked: 1610 timesBeen thanked: 2222 times
Some of the Girls can speak better about big sizes. I myself do Amazon because Im lucky in that Im only and 11.5 US.
Amazon, Zappos, etc. Im sure the Girls will chime in with their go-to sites.
XO Robyn 🤗❤️👠
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.