• This topic has 34 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 25 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

So I’m curious, what is everyone else’s thoughts on high heeled footwear if you are taller?  I’m 6′-3″ but actually found some really nice boots and heels, both with around a 2.5″ heel and in a size 13 that I really like.  However, when wearing them I’m obviously ridiculously tall, around 6′-5″.  Should I just stick to flats or shorter heels or do you all think this is ok?

Hi Tammy!

Being your a size 13 I think dictates a little on what you do.  That size is difficult knowing other Girls here.

I’m 6 ft flat but I love 3-4 inch heels.

My attitude is wear what you LOVE!  I love 3-4 inch heels so I wear em and own it! So what if it makes me 6-3, 6-4.  If you love what you see in the mirror…GO FOR IT!

XO Robyn 🤗❤️

Robyn,

Hey, thanks for the response!  That was kind of the way I was leaning, I think around 3″ is probably the highest I am most comfortable trying to walk in, especially in snow!  I’ve worn them around the house a bit, so have gotten a bit more used to them.

Which I guess brings up another question for me, does anyone have any good sites to recommend for larger sizes of 12.5 and up?

Thanks again!

Tammy

My pleasure!

Some of the Girls can speak better about big sizes.  I myself do Amazon because Im lucky in that Im only and 11.5 US.

Amazon, Zappos, etc.  Im sure the Girls will chime in with their go-to sites.

XO Robyn 🤗❤️👠

Anonymous

Tammy

The Breast Form Store  and En Femme both sites advertise on this site  I believe have shoes 12.5 and over.

Jessica

Honey, you wear what feels good (within reason!). There are no rules – especially for CDs. We make our own when we put that dress on!

I like 3″ heels a lot, and find it hard to walk in anything higher.

I dislike flats, but I have some very cute white trainers, which seem to be en vogue. These are great for driving and for when the heels start getting a bit painful.

I can last all night in the right pair – but only if I let my feet down a bit during the day!

I’m 6’4″, so most people who see me dressed are under no illusions about my genetics whatsoever – but I like what I like and if it’s only idiots who have a problem with that, great.

I wouldn’t want to upset nice people 😍😍😍

Love Laura

Anonymous

Wear what you love!!!

You are not ridiculously tall. You are a  beautiful lady who happens to be tall.

Take a look at  images of female basketball players that are out for functions. Many wear heels.

Jessica

Anonymous

I’m 5’11” and love love love 3-4” heels… I much prefer block or wider heels, more so than stilettos, and, with practice, can make those work. In my humble opinion, it’s all about how we imagine ourselves and the look we want to achieve! My femme shoe size runs from 12w to 14, depending on the make. Size 13 seems to be a good compromise, but it’s still difficult to find the right size… I say if you got it, flaunt it! Lisa

Prudence
      Ambassador

I have a bad back, and cant wear heels. I would if I could!  6′ tall

This reminds me of when my sister was getting married some years ago. She was always self conscious about being tall and in this case taller than her fiancee/husband when she wore heels. She is 6′ and her husband is a little over 6′. The night before the wedding there was a formal reception/dinner and she was torn on what shoes to wear. In the end she said “I have this gorgeous pair of kick-ass red pumps and i’ll be damed if i’m not going to wear the heck out them on my last day of being single.” The heels made her 6′-3″+ and she rocked them and she looked fabulous!

Hi Tammy

I’m 6’1″ in the old currency and had a girlfriend many years ago who was 6’2″ and still wore 3-4″ heels! Elegant and sexy as but she did mention to me that she was ‘sorry’ but couldn’t go out with anyone shorter than her!
      I introduced her to a Rugby mate of mine who topped at 6’8″… they married, had a brood of kids and that was that… for me at any rate.
      Comfortwise, I wear 2″ heel everyday but 3-4″ when going out.

Your choice… xx Polly

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I have shoes that range in heels height from flat to 6 in. Most of what I wear is 4in and second most 3 in. I used to be worried about my heel height and how tall I would be in my heels. I would be quite tall and maybe really stand out. After being out and worried about that several times I discovered I was worried about nothing. Now I love wearing my heels when i go out. I never worry about my height.

Wow, thanks for all of the responses and great feedback.  I guess that decides it then, I wear them and enjoy them…can’t wait!

McKayla U
      Lady

Hello all,

I definitely agree that you should wear what feels good (within the legal limits of your region), I am 6’5″ barefoot but many moons ago when I was doing RHPS as Frank I managed to find a pair of 6″ heels that actually fit. This was 25+ years ago and I haven’t been able to find anything remotely like that since then.
      Now that i am finally coming into my own and finding comfort with my feminine side and woman within, I think I would lean towards 3 inch pumps if I could find them. Or kick ass platform boots. Though It would make me gargantuan in height.

My biggest problem is finding things in my size. I wear a 13EEE in mens. I have had no success finding things that will fit me without having to consider custom which is well beyond my budget.

sorry for the babbling.

-McKayla

I’m 6’4″. I wear 3-4″ heels. I think that a key issue for taller girls is the desire, or not, to “pass”. At 6-8″ in heels I am not going to pass. But I am free to be wonderfully tall me.

– Robyn

Anonymous

I think whatever makes you feel comfortable with your look. However I am also 6’ so I try to wear outfits I can wear some flat Ugs or some type of lower shoe when trying to pass in stores or places with a lot of people. But yes I wish I was shorter but then I wouldn’t have beautiful long legs for stockings!!

Go for it!

I’m 6’2″ tall and have 3″ heels that I have just about managed to master walking in.

My teenage daughter is only 1.5″ inches shorter than me and wears heels.  If she has one more growth spurt she is probably going to end up taller than me!

-A.

Anonymous

I’m 6 foot 2 and I love wearing my 7inch platforms. Who cares what others thinks. They are what makes me feel extraordinary and great so I wear them

C

Tammy,

I tend to stick to 1-2″ heels, they better fit my outfits and style. The higher ones are fun but seriously difficult to walk on without breaking an ankle. Having said that, it’s your look and life so enjoy it! Just don’t drive in high heels, they get stuck under the gas pedal, ask me!

S

Anonymous
      Lady

Tammy I think that the occasion dictates the shoes. I am 5’11’ and regularly wear 3” and even 4” heels when out and about. The only comment on height I have received, which was positive, was from a gg that was around 6’ and she said she wished she was comfortable enough with her height to wear heels, so that tells me its not a cd thing just a height thing. I just try to dress nice (probably too nice in todays casual world) and wear heels that are dressy and not club shoes. The type of heel makes a huge difference and dress boots with a heel are normal wear so probably no one will notice. It does seem to me to be a package deal and not a specific clothing item, unless that item is inappropriate for the venue. Buy what you like and enjoy!!

🍷C

Hi Tammy,

I am 6′ tall and until recently all the shoes I could find in my size were stripper heels like Pleaser. Now more everyday shoes are available and I love wearing flats and low heel sandals, like my leopard print 2″ heel sandals. But for dressing up I don’t worry about the height. You have to go for what feels right, and if tall and sexy is it then that’s what it is. I can’t spend much time on my feet in stilettos higher than 5″, but wedges make life easier so I’ll bring a change of shoes to change into as the night goes on.

Being 6′ 3″, heels create an even higher profile. Wear what you want! For me, 2-3″ heels are my max, but that is more my navigation abilities… I will say, for those of you tall gals who love even higher heels, I have always wanted to dance with someone taller than me!

Anonymous

None of the above
      I use a formula that the perfect heels should be high enough to create an ideal ratio of leg length to height

(metric)
      1) Measure your height (bare feet) ___CM

2) Measure your leg length (hip to floor) ___CM

(Height / Leg length – 1.61 ) X 10 = Perfect Heel Height

(Height / Leg length – 1.61) X 10 = Perfect Heel Height

Been a while since I have been at school and can’t remember my BODMAS but I’m not sure I agree with your formula.

((Height / Leg length) – 1.61) * 10 gives me 1″ heels (too small)

(Height / (Leg length – 1.61)) * 10 gives me ~7.5″ heels (cripes)

-A.

Anonymous

((Height / Leg length) – 1.61) * 10
          Its a metric formula

2.54 CM / inch

Anonymous

I had to repeat my leg measurement several times.

I’m 6′ and I love 3-4 inch heels. I think you should wear what you like and what makes you happy! Hugs

I am 6’3″ also and I like 3-4 inch heels. My problem is I have big feet (size 15 womens) so it’s really hard to find cute shoes that I want that aren’t what I classify as stripper heels. I’m not trying to look like a stripper. I’m trying to look like a normal classy lady in really cute heels and boots.

On the subject of boots, I have found none in my size that fit my style. I would totally buy some of those cute boots you see lots of women wearing that have the low heel and come up to the knee but they just don’t exist in my size. I’ve searched and searched and nothing.

As far as my height when I have heels on, I kinda like it. I tower over my fiancé in my heels and it’s always a good laugh. I guess at the end of the day it’s your preference. I like my heels and my overall height with them on isn’t an issue to me or my fiancé.

Have fun in those heels!

Jessica

P.S.   Now I’m wanting to put some on lol.

Thanks for the reply.  I’m kind of in the same boat, I wear a size 13.5 to 14 so I have struggled to find decent boots or heels in my size.  However, I found a couple of pair of boots that I ordered on pleasershoes.com and I have to say they have some pretty decent stuff for the price and in larger sizes.  I too generally don’t want to look like a stripper most of the time, so I have also been searching for more conservative, yet feminine boots.  The two that I ordered are:

Divine-2018 – 3″ heel – https://pleasershoes.com/products/divine-2018?variant=64831160325

I’m actually wearing them as I type, they have an elasticized panel in back, which helps with my larger calf muscles and they fit and feel great and look sexy too.  I’m currently just wearing them with some black stockings and matching garter, black thong panties, a red long sleeve blouse, one of my new bras and breast forms and they really look good with this outfit.  Of course I’m trying on different outfit combinations, but these boots are great and will go with a lot of outfits.

Seduce-3010 – 5″ stiletto – https://pleasershoes.com/products/seduce3010?variant=1262234632197

I also ordered these in the faux black leather, and they are nice and seem well made too.  Although in the 5 minutes I have worn them I was worried about falling and killing myself.  I’m still not sure these will work for me, but ordered them in place of the Courtly-3005 which are similar but in a stretchy material (https://pleasershoes.com/products/courtly-3005?variant=7892163690544) They were out of stock in my size last week but seem to have them now so I may just return these for the Courtly’s.

They also had some really cute high heels that I liked, but were out of my size or didn’t make them in my size as well:

2 of the 3 pairs of heels I have are from pleaser. My favorite strappy cheetah print sandals are my favorite heels. Pleaser does have a great selection of large size heels. I found another maker of large size heels called Onlymaker. Their selection isn’t as large as pleaser but they do have some cute shoes. You have to be careful though because their stuff tends to be pretty narrow so if your foot is wide be sure to order wide width. I would suggest ordering wide width even if you don’t have a wide foot.

Jessica

Pumped
      Lady

This reminds me of years ago, I girl I knew in high school. She was tall, 5″10′ maybe taller, I don’t remember. What I do remember is she was simply beautiful, absolutely gorgeous. I ran into her at a party after we graduated and we ended up sitting an just visiting about nothing important. At one point in time she looked at me and said, “I am such a freak!” I was startled and asked he what she meant by that? She went on to talk about her height and how she couldn’t wear high heels, but wanted too. I just looked at her and told her I thought she was beautiful and if she wanted to wear high heels, then wear them, screw the height issue! If anyone had a problem with her height that was there problem! She just looked at me and said’ “Really?” We ended up talking about it for some time. I don’t know what happened as it was the last conversation I had with her, never saw her again, plus I was in a committed relationship at the time. I probably should have rethought that as that relationship failed! Perhaps we would have made a good couple.

This is a very subjective question. I think Carolyne’s answer is closest to my thoughts. My questions to answer that question would be :

1. Where are you going ?

2. Are you trying to blend in (as much as possible ) ?

3. Do you mind getting comments from others while you are out ?

I think once you answer those questions, you will have part of your answer.

When I’m going shopping for the day, I’m usually wearing something comfortable (tennis shoes, flats, sandals or often booties) Booties will normally have a 2-3 heel. Someone else mentioned that they don’t look as tall. True and I love wearing them, but it does make us taller.

If I’m going to a nice dinner or to a club, I’m dressing up and usually wearing heels, I’m 6’1″ for reference. If I wear heels, I really don’t like short or super tall heels, 3-4″ is my sweetspot. I just don’t like the look of short heels, but we all have to decide what we like. I’ve worn dresses and heels a few times to restaurants this year. But usually to nicer places that women would actually wear a nice dress to. For years I avoided heels when going out for fear of being too tall, but I’m long past that by now.

Do I get noticed ? Well normally, I’m the tallest woman in the place if I’m wearing 3-4″ heels. I’ve actually been the tallest person in the bar before too, taller than the men (that will get you noticed). Most of the time I get compliments on my shoes, mostly from GG’s. Often time they mention they can’t wear a heel that high. Biggest thing is confidence. If you are confident and act like you belong there, half the battle is over, regardless of heel height.

Sorry I rambled on a bit, but the topic is interesting and no easy answer.

Hi Tammy.

I’m 6’1″ and also wear a size 13.  If you’re looking to blend in, flats or lower heels are your answer.  But if you are looking to flaunt what you got, go for as high of a heel as you can handle.

Anonymous

I am 6’4″ and I went with 5″ heels. I. love how they look on my long legs. Heck I am already tall, how much is a few more inches going to make. :). Have fun and get what you enjoy.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Inga, I am also (only😉) 6’4″.  I think we can pass easily with this height as long as we remain seated!  Lol

You gotta love the legs that go on forever tho.  😁

Stevie

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?