Viewing 28 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Audrey W
      Lady

For Valentine’s Day my lovely wife just presented me with the most lovely purple satin chemise nightgown and a pair of 4 inch black Jessica Simpson pumps.  As I tried everything on to model for her it got me to thinking of the very first time I actually wore a pair of pumps.  Going back many years, my very first pair, were a 5 inch pair of Nine West slingbacks.  At the time they were far to high for me to walk in or even stand in comfortably. I really loved them and it was a struggle in the beginning, but I eventually was able to walk around the house taking short steps and looking  not totally awkward.  Fast forward to today and I’m extremely comfortable in 4 inch heels with 5 inches being my maximum to comfortably and gracefully walk around in.  So I was wondering what’s the highest heel you ladies feel comfortable walking around in during your time dressed?

I hurt one ankle even before COVID in exercise class. It took a lot of time during lockdown before it felt better. Then I went back and hurt it the first day of exercise class. It’s not terrible if I’m careful with it. But there is no way I’m going to walk around in stiletto heels all day. I might wear something more chunky, or might wear 2″ heels if there is a lot of sitting. But in general, I don’t want to aggravate the ankle by walking in heels all day.

Anonymous
      Lady

I have been completely comfortable in a pair of 4″ block heel shoes. I ordered a 5″ stiletto and wasn’t able to take more than 10 steps in them without almost falling over, although I loved the shoes. Perhaps I just need some practice. I’d love to get to a point where I can at least take a short walk in those 5″ heels.

Hi Audrey As i have allways been clumsy if i push past a 3″ heel it kicks in the old clumsy me again so i hug to 3 or less ..

Stephanie Bass

Anonymous
      Lady

I have been wearing heels for around 40 years (yep I’m old) and can literally run in 3.5-4” heels without any issues. I can walk in a proper and unencumbered fashion without making me look like a 2 year old in moms pumps. The moment I go beyond 4” I start walking funny. I can wear and get around fine in 4.5-5” but I just can’t move gracefully. I try to stick with around 3.5” and know I can shop till I drop and still look natural and comfortable.
      🍷C

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

My days of walking in stiletto heels are long gone, just a memory of a young girl now.

In my latest CDH photo, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I went all day, walking in a pair of comfortable three inch block heels from Torrid.

My wife?  She is petite, four feet, ten inches and weighs in at 106 Lbs.  She just turned 70 y.o. and can still walk for hours in five inch stilettos with no problem.  I find that amazing!  She loves heels and has always worn them.

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

When I go out I wear 10cm heels and that is mostly because I can’t find reasonable priced boots with higher block heel (and stiletto heel wear down to fast).
      Sticking to stiletto heels, up to 12cm I don’t even notice anything and I’m wearing/walking in them all the time.
      When it comes to 14cm I do notice it but not much more.
      Hitting 16cm and the walk is less graceful.
      Highest I have  (without platform) is 19cm and while I can walk in them it’s not without problem. I would love to walk in them as easy as I walk in my 12cm heels.

I have some heel less heels and can walk in them without issues, it’s worse standing still (legs start to shake) or sitting down (nothing to rest the heel on).

Here are the relative comparisons betweeen the imperial and metric systems.
      10cm = 3.93″
      12cm = 4.72″
      14cm = 5.51″
      16cm = 6.29″
      18cm = 7.08″
      19cm = 7.48″

/kelly

Anonymous
      Lady

What a nice Valentines gift from your wife.

I don’t have the opportunity very often but I’ve learned to walk easily in 4in stiletto heels. I have a pair of low blocky kitten heels that are a bit more comfortable. Would like to learn walking in 5 and 6 inch heels but in my size the selection is very limited.

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

For me Audrey, it’s more the sound of walking in heels, and I hear the same sound in a low heal as a 5″ heals but without the trying to not fall over part, So for me I’m sticking to 3.5 or less and walking my strut around.

Sherri

Being slightly on the tall side I tend not to go for high heels for long periods of time cause I tend to go out and tend to like walking about aimlessly. I have a short three inch pair I occasionally dabble in, but only when walking around the house and even then it is only for a few hours and most of it isn’t spent on my feet.

Basically if I am going out I am going for flats and if I am staying inside I will probably not be walking too much.

Anonymous

The tallest I have worn is 4″. I didn’t have to many problems with them. That said, I wasn’t perfect either. I wonder how hight I could go. Only time will tell. 🙂

Flower
      Princess

6 inch I love to be tall

Hi Audrey, I can wear 3-4 inch stilettos all day but anything beyond 4 is for just a short time and requires lots of sitting around and foot dangling .  Thanks for this fun topic.  Marg

4 inch heels for me. I have a black pair that I simply love to wear  and am looking for a pair of calf length boots. I think they are so cute

I don’t own any stilettos. I have an arthritic ankle with about 20% of the normal range of motion, if that much. Absolute maximum difference heel to toe is 2 1/2”, but 2” is much more comfortable. The vast majority of my shoes are 3” to 3 1/2” wedges with a platform of 1” to 1 1/4”.

Audrey W
      Lady

Ladies thanks so much for all the great responses.  What limits me most when it comes to heel height is the ability of my foot to flex forward in the somewhat unnatural toes pointed to the floor position.  I have much more flexibility in the left foot than I do in my right. When I wear 5 inch heels my foot will in a short period of time gain a bit more downward flex and walking will become much easier.  But what I’ve found is that 5 inches is about the maximum height that my foot will easily accommodate the forward flex needed to comfortably and gracefully walk.  At six inches of heel height my foot refuses to flex forward enough to be able to stay in them for any longer than an hour or so before I’m forced to take them off.  Platforms really help a lot but I’m personally not a fan of super high platforms.

Clara
      Lady

I have just started learning to walk in heels, I brought a pair of 3″ narrow heel (not quite stilettos) but that are just a tad too small but I can get my feet into them. Haven’t had much of a chance now that I am back at work, might try getting them on over the weekend, I was starting to get comfortable walking in them and will probably need to start again.

Clara
        Lady

I have been out in my heels dressed but not properly according to little old lady (no hose or stocking on and properly dressed with hose or stocking on, I have just received a pair of 3 inch heels in my size I ordered on line and hopefully I get to try them out over the weekend.  But I have noticed a few things from my heel wearing, at first I didn’t notice any difference with height, but now I am starting to notice the difference in height when I put them on and take them off, but I am also noticing I am sitting at my desk with my feet positioned with the heel off the ground as if I was wearing heels and the gap between the floor hand my heel was about 3 inches.  I am still trying to walk one foot in front of the other, but mostly the feet are parallel apart, but I have started taking smaller steps and am becoming more consistent at putting my heel down first.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I can walk comfortably in heels. The highest has been about 5″ and I am eager to try higher.

Hugs, Liara

Patty Phose
      Duchess

4 inch.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Assume we’re talking about walking outdoors on a variety of uneven surfaces, and with the qualifier comfortably wear all day, good quality 4 – 4.5″ stilettos are my limit.  Walking on interior flooring is much more forgiving in comparison.

I used to have a pair of 6″ platform stilettos that were amazingly comfortable even after many hours of wear.  Sadly I ruined them.  I have several pairs of 5 – 6″ stilettos that I can wear for a few hours before they have to come off.  I always have a pair of flats in my bag when I wear heels.

/EA

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

I can’t wear any stiletto heels at all, my ankles are weak and I’d break my ankle. So I go with block heels. My leather boots & one pair of sandals have 3″ heels but they hurt my foot that has a neuroma, 2 1/2 in. is doable but 2 in. is the best for me.

Hi Audrey. For me it’s definitely all about the brand. I had a pair of Chines Laundry that were 4″ that I can do all day. I all so like Jessica Simpson’s.

For me, it depends on the design of the shoe, rather than height of the heel. I find certain shoes with very high heels are very comfortable, whilst others with lower heels may not be.

My OTK boots for example have a 4″ stiletto heel and I can wear them literally all day, 10 or 12 hours. I have a pair of 3″ stiletto courts (pumps?) that are wearable for an hour or two at most before they become uncomfortable… I think it’s because they don’t have decent cushioning on the sole.

I do have a pair of black suede courts with a half-inch platform and 5″ heels that are incredibly comfortable for 7 or 8 hours (never tried those ones longer).

I find 4” are really my max for look and comfort

Even though I want to wear 5″ heels, I find myself wearing 3-3.5″ most. I have ankle boots with a 3.5″ block heel that are cute and reasonably comfortable to walk around in all day, and I have a pair of strappy open toe kitten heels that I can easily wear all day. Everytime I put on my 5″ heels I realize I need a lot more practice in them, especially coming down stairs. It’s good to have goals! My next footwear purchase is a pair of riding boots I’ve been lusting after, heels be damned 🤣

Although I can wear 7″ heels for a long period of time my normal is 4-5″. From flats to 7″ I love them all!!:)

Eva B
      Lady

I am a tall girl at six foot.  While I have had 4 or 5 inch heels in the past and were not too uncomforable, I prefer to wear 3.5 heels and wedges.

I only have 4 pairs of heels and none of them are the classic “spiked” stiletto.

The highest I have is a 3.75″, then a 3.66″, next a 2.5″, with last a 2.25″. I wear the 2.5″ and the 2.25″ the most.

I won’t wear anything 4 inches or higher; considering I’m 6′ to 6′ 1″.

I also have an open toed 3″ full wedge.

I have quite a few pairs of shoes (too many according to my wife), they are mostly 5 inch stiletto heeled shoes in different styles (court shoes, sandals) mainly in black (patent, suede, leather). I also own a couple of pairs of flat sandals and some Ugg boots. I am most comfortable in the 5 inch shoes and I can and regularly do wear them all day. It is such a joy walking about in them.

I did try a 6 inch shoe once, and while they were exciting to wear they were not really made for walking and even just standing was dangerous. So I now stick to my with my 5 inch heels!

And I am just under six feet tall – but I don’t worry about my heels making me taller…I feel a bit like a model!

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?