- January 27, 2021 at 5:19 am #438927Ginny VirginiaParticipantRegistered On: December 22, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 176Has thanked: 673 timesBeen thanked: 709 times
Finding myself alone in the house yesterday evening for a little while, I did a bit of hoovering (running the vacuum in the U.S.) in my cami and striped tangas. The doorbell rang and I had a delivery from Fed Ex I had to sign for, so I threw on a short robe that really didn’t hide much. The delivery person, a tall woman, gave me the once over, but smiled and “Better not catch cold, dearie!”. A wee bit of excitement that I thought I would share.
Total of 33 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.Suki Rivers, Stevie Steiner, Autumn Valiant, Amanda Burton, Emily Lace, Stephanie Tsalinn, Bridgette VonSmirff, Kimberly Bee, Genevïéve, Lanna Barton, Jennifer McCrennaugh, Patti James, Sarah Du Hessisse, Holly Tygressa, Stephani Lovelace, Ashley Konners, Requal Joanne Jones, Kathy Jackson, rebekka moore, Krista
- January 27, 2021 at 7:13 pm #439243Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 18Replies: 468Has thanked: 7597 timesBeen thanked: 1851 times
I haven’t answered the door while dressed, but I have been out front dressed when the post arrived unexpectedly with a package. They didn’t seem to think anything of it as far as I could tell. I said very little as my voice needs work.
- January 27, 2021 at 5:23 pm #439195GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 22Replies: 813Has thanked: 7381 timesBeen thanked: 3418 times
- January 28, 2021 at 7:23 am #439406Ginny VirginiaLadyRegistered On: December 22, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 176Has thanked: 673 timesBeen thanked: 709 times
- January 28, 2021 at 2:11 pm #439649Patti JamesLadyRegistered On: January 5, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 74Has thanked: 562 timesBeen thanked: 263 times
- January 29, 2021 at 3:03 am #439817Ginny VirginiaLadyRegistered On: December 22, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 176Has thanked: 673 timesBeen thanked: 709 times
Hello, dear lovely sisters!
Whether it’s hoovering, dysoning, henrying, or sharking, it is all liberating! It really brightens up the chores, I will say that. and my SO is thrilled with my new-found love of cleaning, although I only do it while she is at the office. Some day! I will continue to poush that envelope. Love the unconditional support I am getting here!
Love and hugs,
- January 28, 2021 at 8:02 am #439422GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 22Replies: 813Has thanked: 7381 timesBeen thanked: 3418 times
I have three Dyson ‘hoovers’ 🤣… 2 v6 (v6 hand held and v6 Absolute) and a v11 Absolute… the v11 is awesome. Love it… 🥰
Also have a Dyson tower fan and a Pure Hot/Cold air purifier. The PHC can be remotely controlled with an App. On colder days… like today, I can crank up the heat from work a couple of hours before quitting time and my room is nice and toasty when I reach.
- January 28, 2021 at 8:05 am #439427Rachel HayesLadyRegistered On: January 20, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 109Has thanked: 383 timesBeen thanked: 525 times
- January 28, 2021 at 8:13 am #439430Hilda BeaumontDuchessRegistered On: March 14, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 192Has thanked: 464 timesBeen thanked: 695 times
Oh dear, I have to say I really hate Dysons. Over engineered, over complicated, hell to empty, heavy and awkward to use I could go on and on my darlings. Give me a Henry any time. And I’ve notice that all the professional cleaners who work in my apartment block use Henry’s too – with good effect and minimum effort.
- January 30, 2021 at 4:58 am #440402
- January 28, 2021 at 8:35 am #439457
- January 27, 2021 at 2:08 pm #439134DuchessRegistered On: March 14, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 192Has thanked: 464 timesBeen thanked: 695 times
Great story Ginny, thanks for sharing. Must say when I’m home alone and dressed I always answer the door and so far there have been no problems. When pottering about doing housework I either wear dungarees with a roll neck sweater or a tunic over tights, underneath a bra with inserts and not much in the way of make up and a platinum blonde wig. As for shoes it’s trainers but I do like the idea of helping me to wear heels. At the moment I chicken out on heels as they seem to be a twisted ankle in waiting but some practice whilst hoovering might do the trick.
- January 27, 2021 at 1:22 pm #439125Sarah Du HessisseLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2020Topics: 15Replies: 318Has thanked: 1301 timesBeen thanked: 1075 times
- January 28, 2021 at 7:28 am #439409
- January 27, 2021 at 9:17 am #439027Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 64Has thanked: 68 timesBeen thanked: 323 times
Many moons ago I was dressed and ready for a GG who was due to visit. The doorbell went and I opened it. It was a neighbor! I stood there in silent shock. She was a neighbor who would do clothes alterations for my male self. She had a pair of trousers in her hand. She just looked at me and said’Oh hello. I bought these for —– I have adjusted them’. I don’t know why, but I beckoned her in and she came into the lounge and looked around. ‘Where’s –?
I just looked at her and said ‘It’s me’. She looked me up and down and said how nice I looked and told me about the trousers and we had a chat. She was more than okay and was happy to adjust my girl clothes too.
- January 27, 2021 at 9:31 am #439035
- January 27, 2021 at 8:11 am #438998KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 418Has thanked: 754 timesBeen thanked: 1678 times
Loved your story Ginny, thanks for sharing. As for me, I often answer the door wearing an androgynous top over my bra and female leggings and I get a mixed reaction. The delivery folks are really not sure what to call me – very few say Sir but with a definite question in their voice, others say Ma’am, but mostly it is just “sign here” with a quizzical look on their faces. To add to their confusion, most packages are addressed to my wife who uses the male spelling of her androgynous name (she has some gender baggage stemming from childhood which she refuses to talk about). Lots of fun. Stay healthy, stay safe, Hugs, Krista.
- January 27, 2021 at 9:49 am #439043LadyRegistered On: December 22, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 176Has thanked: 673 timesBeen thanked: 709 times
My pleasure, Krista! I am not often home alone, but I feel the need to take advantage of every opportunity. I will add bra, skirts, leggings and other clothes slowly over time. This has become an amazing, exciting, and necessary pursuit. I hope for more adventures in future!
- January 27, 2021 at 7:51 am #438989Deborah SullivanDuchessRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 534Has thanked: 2287 timesBeen thanked: 2061 times
I have for years done housework entirely en femme including vacuuming in heels. Good way to break in shoes especially high heels . I have told newbies learning to walk in heels to spend few hours a week doing all kinds of housework in those shoes you find hard to walk in and in no time walking is a breeze
- January 27, 2021 at 8:15 am #438999LadyRegistered On: January 20, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 109Has thanked: 383 timesBeen thanked: 525 times
I am now getting used to my “training” heels of 1.5 inches.
About to order some 4 inchers though cos the higher the better, right?
Can’t wait but might need to get that hoover out some more 🙂
- January 27, 2021 at 7:45 am #438983Katie MooreDuchessRegistered On: January 20, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 9Has thanked: 14 timesBeen thanked: 47 times
I always do the hoovering and ironing in our house often dressed but havent answered to door dressed but did walk out to the rear garden only to find my neighbour working up a ladder I looked at him smiled and went back in doors he has never mentioned it. I also go out dressed and once got a “oh wow” from a guy as I went into store really put a spring in my step.
well done ginny xxx
- January 27, 2021 at 7:41 am #438982AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 4 times
What a lovely message from Ginny. Exciting too.
Forgive me for smiling. When ppl mention hoovering I get a vision of them dressed as J. Edgar Hoover. ( laugh out loud )
I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong but J. Edgar was involved in a different kind of cleaning up? Or am I wrong?
I believe the correct term might be vacuuming.
Now HE was a different character altogether…. always sucking up to management…..
I’ ll go now … mustn’t prevent well intentioned cleaners… where’s that broom?
Keep up the good work sisters. My turn to work hard now.
- January 27, 2021 at 9:43 am #439042LadyRegistered On: December 22, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 176Has thanked: 673 timesBeen thanked: 709 times
I totally forgot the J Edgar connection. LOL I went to grad school n the UK and lived in London for a few years, so hoovering is just one of many English words and affinities I picked up. Naked hoovering is another option, but I more enjoy being smei-clothed in this case!
- January 27, 2021 at 7:23 am #438977LadyRegistered On: January 20, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 109Has thanked: 383 timesBeen thanked: 525 times
I would love to do the hoovering in a maids outfit, but lacking the outfit just now haha. One day!
So awesome you answered the door dressed. I have been close a few times but I keep thinking that without make up it would just be awkward for them and me so I bottle it. Again, one day and hopefully sooner rather than later.
- January 27, 2021 at 7:14 am #438964AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1713Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9458 times
Ginny…..that sounded fun…
The only problem I have with hoovering en femme is….
In my mind, I can only ever see Freddie Mercury singing ” I want to break free’……with that bloody great black moustache!!!!
Haha, grace xx
- January 27, 2021 at 7:07 pm #439242Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 18Replies: 468Has thanked: 7597 timesBeen thanked: 1851 times
Oh yeah! Love that song and the video! And the band… and Freddie!… and now it’ll be stuck in my head all night… great earwig
2 users thanked author for this post.
- January 27, 2021 at 9:51 am #439044LadyRegistered On: December 22, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 176Has thanked: 673 timesBeen thanked: 709 times
- January 27, 2021 at 7:04 am #438960stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 134Replies: 1667Has thanked: 2601 timesBeen thanked: 7345 times
Good for you! I haven’t had the courage to answer the door en-femme – but I have been tempted…. one of these days. It must be quite liberating as well as exciting. But where will it lead to? …………
- January 27, 2021 at 11:12 am #439075Amanda BurtonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 22Replies: 1107Has thanked: 7778 timesBeen thanked: 4237 times
Well I did Stephanie, accidentally or course, I opened the door to the delivery man, and I hadn’t realised under my short dressing gown that I had forgotten about my tights. He just gave a big smile, I signed for the parcel, and he just said have a nice day. Wasn’t much I could do, so just had to live with it.
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Amanda Burton.
- January 27, 2021 at 9:34 am #439036LadyRegistered On: December 22, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 176Has thanked: 673 timesBeen thanked: 709 times
It was exciting, liberating, and with a wee bit of terror there for a moment, but I carried on. I guess I am pushing the envelope a bit and have no idea where this will go. I will let Ginny lead where she must!
- January 27, 2021 at 5:26 am #438938Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 22Replies: 1107Has thanked: 7778 timesBeen thanked: 4237 times
- January 27, 2021 at 9:35 am #439038
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.