Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello
      I am now (almost) fully out living as Philippa for about 80% of my waking hours.
      It has taken me a long time to reach this point and acknowledge my true identity but I have now arrived.
      As part of my outing process I have also confronted my gender dysphoria.
      One aspect of this has been a life time discomfort with facial hair.
      I am now addressing this through a weekly treatment of electrolysis – not comfortable but every hair removed is another step closer to the realisation of my dream of having a smooth face.

Another major aspect of my dysphoria is the disconnect I feel between my inner and outer selves.
      To address this I feel the need for Hormone Treatment.
      For this my GP has referred me to the NHS Nottingham Centre for Transgender Health.
      But unfortunately the appointment wait is 24 – 27 months.

This is is where I am looking for help because 2 years is a long time to wait for my mental well-being health care. Therefore, if any other UK girls can help me on effective ways they have used of going private for prescription hormone treatment I would much appreciate it.

Thanks Philippa

Thea
      Lady

Dear Philippa, I’m so sorry I can’t help: I’m at a earlier stage to you down in south east England.  I’ve been asking questions like this though it too soon for me really, and if I hear anything from the marvelous group that’s supporting me I’ll let you know! With my heart felt best wishes, Thea xx

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Hi Phillipa. Once the G.P refers you there will be some administration coming your way for registration, if not received already but the wait is daunting. However a G.P. can administer hormones if the G.P has taken the course to do so, or with guidance from the regional centre.  I would get back to the surgery to see if they can do this for you.

I started on hormones through my surgery after a discussion with a G.P. while there on another matter but turning up dressed. After the consultation she had a chat about where I wanted to go and it seemed a good idea to see what hormones might do for me as I have been living full time for over five years. I later received a call from another G.P. who went through the referral and was accredited to administer hormones.

I hope this helps and P.M. if you have any other questions feel free to do so.

Hi Angela
        Thanks for this. I have asked the GP who referred me to Nottingham, if I could be proscribed hormones through the practice, for which I got a negative.
        When I pursued the matter with him he told me that the only alternative available to me was to go private.
        Hence my call for help.
        However, I will try again in terms of asking the question if other doctors at the practice are registered to proscribe hormones.

I will let you know how I get on.

Philippa

Angela Booth
          Hostess

If that fails Phillipa, call the centre in Nottingham and ask them. I know that different regions and different doctors aren’t in sync but I could not have been happier with my practice.  I hope you get a result as we know private can mean cost as this is available on the NHS, it’s just pursuing it and jumping through those hoops.

Layla Mesa
      Duchess

May i ask. How did you stat
      rt. Pills, creams, patches. Which felt best?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Transitioning for Transsexual Women’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?