• This topic has 24 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Lea.
Viewing 17 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Erika Bell
      Duchess

Pumps are classic but simple. Galas are more elagant than a simple pump. But is it fashionable to wear sheer black hose with open toe/starppy heels? I leave it to the community to decide. Thanks for your participation.

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by BillieJay.
      Rhonda Lee
      Baroness - Annual

I don’t know but I would. I always wear sling-backs so I can paint my nails and show them off. I like the feel and looks of hose. I seldom go anywhere without hose. They need to be sheer in order to show off the nails. Whether they are black or not depends, for me, on what looks best with the dress I am wearing.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I’ve never subscribed to the “laws” of fashion so take this with a grain of salt.  My opinion is yes you can wear hose with open toe heels.  That said, some looks are more chic and modern than others.

Shoes with lots of straps and/or a peep toe will look better than a shoe that exposes most of your foot.  Sling backs are probably not a good choice.

Opaque tights are definitely in.  They’ll give you a modern look and put an edge on a overtly feminine outfit.  You can never go wrong with black.  Dark brown, gray, and bold colors can work too depending on the outfit.

Flesh colored hose is probably best saved for close toes shoes.

Some manufacturers now offer open toed hose.  This might open up some flesh colored sheer styles depending on the shoe.

/EA

Fiona Black
        Baroness - Annual

Emily,

I wore a pair of Hanes open-toed hose last week when I attended a CD dinner. I wore gold dress sandals with a 3″ heel. There is a big piece of material seperating the toe hole from the larger opening and wound up being extremely tight and rubbed me all night between my two big toes. They looked good with the sandals but I couldn’t wait to get them off.

So I am now firmly in the “its ok to wear sheer hose with open toe shoes” group.

Fiona

Emily Alt
          Managing Ambassador

The ones I have are made by an Italian brand called Solidea.  They also have that fabric that goes between my big toe and the one next to it.  But they’re pretty comfortable.  When putting them on I take care not to stretch the foot much so the fabric doesn’t dig in.  They do give me more options but don’t work with shoes that are open in the toe area.

Fiona Black
            Baroness - Annual

Thanx Emily.

I’ll check out that brand you mentioned & see how it compares to the Hanes.

Fiona

Emily Alt
            Managing Ambassador

I should have warned you Fiona – they’re pricey.

Fiona Black
            Baroness - Annual

No problem. I can’t wait to see how they feel.

Lola Caprice
            Baroness

Sounds like something I need to check into Emily!  And thanks for the warning on potential sticker shock.  🤣

I’ve never been able to understand why some ladies out there think that tights & open toed shoes are so wrong; you can look so, so elegant – depending on your dress, of course – and I’m positive you’ll look fantastic!  You go for it, girl!  Holly XXX

Hi Erika i voted no, when wearing open toed shoes or strappy sandles the only thing to wear is nail polish, a very bright red one is the order of the day,

Hugs Rozalyn X 🎀

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

I am cautious about wearing hose with any type of open toe shoes.  I would have to first see the outfit that the shoes are going to be worn with.

Prior to the 1990s, wearing hose with any type of sandal and/or open toe shoes was fairly common practice for women.  After the 1990s, wearing hose with open toe shoes and/or sandals became much less common.  That being said, I do sometimes wear hose during the cooler weather months here in Atlanta with strappy heels.  In one of my very recent photos in the CDH photo section, you will see me in strappy heels, wearing sheer nude hose and my red painted nails peeking out.

Once our hot weather arrives here in Atlanta, which can be as early as April, women will generally stop wearing hose, which includes pantyhose, except for those women in professional and/or other work areas which require them to wear pantyhose.

Where I go to church, I note that the more mature ladies will continue to wear pantyhose throughout the hot summer months with their sandals.  Whereas the younger females will wear sandals with no hose and pedicures of various colors.

Most likely, a girl should do whatever makes her happy, and she feels the most comfortable with!

Lola Caprice
        Baroness

I’m just going to piggyback on your response Peggy.  It’s pretty much exactly what I was thinking.  Hose and strappy sandals did seem more accepted in the 70s and 80s.  Less so since.  I do see a lot of more opaque hose/tights with just a peek-a-boo shoe that can work well.  But ultimately, if it feels good, do it.

💖Lola

I know some unwritten rule about hose and open toed shoes but I never follow that. I love wearing pantyhose no matter what shoes I’m wearing.  I say do what you like.

I’m probably not the person to ask fashion advice from. It’s not that I can’t put an outfit together, but as long as it’s appropriate I’m more interested in how I like it rather than how someone else likes it.

But I can offer suggestions that might be helpful. First, you have to choose between the open toe shoe and the strappy sandals, because your answer may be different between the two. Second, I would suggest modeling it both ways. You may reach your own conclusion. Finally, I’d suggest searching the web rather than relying on this poll. In particular, look at the negative reactions. If they’re like “I wouldn’t do it,” then the choice is still up to you. But if they’re like “Ewww, gross,” then you have your answer and should go bare legged instead of wearing hosiery.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I would. I always wear pantyhose when I’m Patty. I only wear pumps and wedges.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I would say wear what you like and what you feel makes you look good. BUT I would say if you have had a pedicure and your nails a re a pretty color that you love don,t cover that with hose. I just think of my summer adventure with my purple toe nails wearing my wedge sandals!!

. Cassie

Erika Bell
      Duchess

Ladies, thank you so much for your thoughts.  So much to think about.  And you all make good points.

Trish White
      Baroness

Thanks for the post Erika, I voted yes for a few reasons the first and foremost is I don’t really care what people think about what or how I wear anything. Nylons just make your legs look so much better, especially when you’re getting up there like a lot of us. Secondly, I’ve always been a bit of a rebel and have worn nylons with any type of shoe and damned with what the fashionistas might say. Also, honestly, I think nylons also make your painted toes look that much better too. So that’s how Trish rolls, like it or or not.

Trish 💖

When I think gala, I think more formal, evening, indoors, gowns, etc.
      I would probably be wearing a pair unless the temperatures were prohibitively hot.

Anonymous

I love wearing hose with open-toed heels! Whether they’re sheer black, tan, taupe, red, or any other color, sheer hose and open-toed high heels always look good! Just remember to always paint your toenails, so that the guys will get a peek of your pretty nails through your hose too!

Hugs,

Holly

I very often wear open toe sandals with off-black nylons and I really love the look. The most important thing when wearing sandals is to have a good pedicure and bright polish on your toes. I usually wear OPI Big Apple Red on my toes. My feet look really sassy in sandals with sheer toe nylons and hooker red toenails. Bright pink toenails are also a really good look with black nylons. I have received compliments from women on my sandals, black pantyhose, and red toenails in my normal feminine male mode.

Well maintained feet is the key, if your feet are not pretty you may as well wear sock

Absolutely. I wear RHT with every style of shoe. Forget the fashion police. They are out there in some other world we do not understand. Yes, wear white after September also. Get yourself some cuban heel hose and tell me they aren;t the sexiest looking hose in any heel.

Lea
      Lady

I love all the YES votes!!!  Wear what you want, styles are just momentary popular opinions. My mom and grandmother always wore hose with strappy heels with formal dresses, and they looked great.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?