• This topic has 26 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by C.
Viewing 26 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

So what are your hosiery preferences?  Garter stockings?  Thigh-highs?  Pantyhose?  Other?

I’ll start by saying I prefer retro garter stockings (the kind with seams in the back) for the following reasons:

#1, I think garter belts and nylons with seams in back are very “retro”, and I’m addicted to retro lingerie.

#2, Having my ‘helper’ crawl up my dress while I’m standing, and then straighten the seams in the back of my nylons and hook the top of my nylons to my garters, followed by a quick (or not so quick) panty check.  That is an extremely erotic experience for me.  BTW, I also feel very wild whenever my ‘helper’ teases me by snapping the elastic on my garters after they’re done ‘hooking’ me.

When I first discovered hosiery, it was pantyhose and I just loved the way it felt against the skin.  It was pure heaven.  At that time, I also had thigh highs and garters, but I must’ve stretched out the thigh highs as it no longer stayed up and the garters didn’t have holding power either, so I kept pulling them up constantly.

As I became older, hair started to grow on my legs which meant pantyhose would not cover up the hairs, and as a wee lad, the heels on my feet were constantly dry and cracked.  So pantyhose for me would not last long as the delicate fabric would snag on the dry skin and cause a run.

I then discovered thick opaque tights, and that was the start for me.  They covered up my hairy legs perfectly and was more resistant to snags than pantyhose.  Since then, I have been a tights kind of girl; the tights now have to be high den, preferably 100 or higher.

Definitely garter stockings for me. In my opinion, there is nothing sexier than a garter belt and stockings. From the time I first saw them in the Sears catalogs that came in the mail, I was hooked. As soon as I was old enough I went out and purchased my first garter belt and have never looked back!

Hugs,

Emily

I love to wear thigh high lace topped nylon stockings with a garter belt. It takes me a few tries to clip the backside straps and to get them straight. I haven’t yet mustered the courage to wear them out and about in public, worried about the clip snapping free. When I am out and about, I prefer to wear Leg Avenue sheer black nylon suspender hose. They are pantyhose without the pelvic panel and give the appearance of gartered stockings.

I prefer pantyhose or tights. These seem to fit the best once I was able to size myself correctly. When wearing slacks, I will use knee highs or trouser socks depending on the shoes that I am wearing. I have tried thigh highs in the past, but struggle with them staying up.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

1/. When in Caty mode, thick tan or black stockings and white or black suspender/garter belt. (hide the hairy legs) With at least 6 metal tabs, anything less or of other materials waste of time and money.

2/. In (autumn until spring, 24/7) and in male mode at least 40, more like 80 denier thick tights. Keeps my arthritic knees warm.. My story and I’m sticking to it).

Shaved all over is the next step.. Looking forward to silky stockings on shaved legs.. Bliss..

Caty

PS Muggins heavy handed me.. Must be one of the few males who can ladder 80 denier tights!!! LOL

Depends on my mood, but some form of hosiery is always on my legs en femme.  When being demure, skin tone (prefer tan or beige) or black pantyhose.  For my, uh, naughty times, my black seamed stockings, or my fishnet stockings, with my black garter belt.

Linda Rose,

OMG! One of my hot button items! Hosiery!

Let me start by saying that I am a hosiery fanatic. They are the number two item in being a woman. First? A bra! That, however,  is for another topic.

I live in Tucson and, yes, it is very hot during the summer months. And, by the way, can be quite cold in the winter.

This is a city that runs on air conditioning so all things are possible.

I would and will wear hosiery all year round. It is so much a part of being a woman. I sure wish the GGs knew that. My wife doesn’t even own any hosiery anymore!

Pantyhose? Very easy to wear. Perfect for work. Tricky using the bathroom, but what’s another minute or two.

Thigh highs? Great, but can be challenging if you do a lot of walking. Maybe on a dinner date they would work just fine.

Stockings and garter belt? That is an interesting subject.  They do take some getting used to, and they are tricky getting on, but they do work. They work on a date, and they can work at the office. Bedroom activity? Well, come on now! That’s as feminine as you can get. Oh, and girls, leave your heels on.

Let’s celebrate our womanhood!

Amanda

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I love pantyhose. Especially shiny tan sheer to waist pantyhose. When worn with sexy heels and a short leg revealing dress, I just love how I look and feel.

There is nothing nicerthan smooth legs against nylon stockings. I really like the stockings that Scarlett. They make her legs look great! I will wear pantyhose during the winter months, it sure gets called in Boston.

Skylar

Anonymous

For me I love all styles of nylon stockings pantyhose and so forth my might go to is 40 denier shiny suntan sheer to waist pantyhose my fav

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

In guy mode I wear support hose (knee highs) for health reasons.

When en femme, I usually wear sheer support tights by Solidea. They have a bit of shine and look great on my bare legs. They also promote circulation and my legs feel energized when I wear them. They’re comparable to Wolford or Falke in quality.

A 6 or 8 strap garter belt with stockings and heels is undeniably sexy and feminine. I have a love for Cervin stockings, especially their fully-fashioned nylon stockings. The Havana and Tentation models are to die for. Finding the right fit is a bit of trial and error since nylon doesn’t stretch like elastane or lycra. For garter belts I really like the ones from What Katie Did and Stockings HQ. Both are made in the UK.

I haven’t worn thigh highs in years and don’t own a single pair. Never had much luck getting them to stay up.

Emily

Hi Linda its mostly garters and nylons and once in a while panty hose but mostly garters as I like the feel of the straps and the sexy look .  Im more vain than I want to admit so sexy garters and nylons are just what my vain self likes .

Stephanie

I am like you.  My absolute favorite hosiery is garter stockings and garter belt, preferably the 6 garter style with the straps about 1 inch wide.  I too love the retro lingerie look, and the feel is Devine.  Now if we could get “What Katie Did” to make some larger sizes, that would be awesome.  But Rago is trying to get a few retro styles out, and I love their fit.

Thigh High stay-ups generally don’t, for the whole evening anyway.  I do have a few pair of pantyhose and tights, but only wear them with shorts or skirts in the winter.

PaulaF

I almost always defer to what is outfit appropriate. Color, pattern, style, thigh high, tights, pantyhose… Looking well put together is part of feeling great.

Always pantyhose for me. I prefer leggs sheer energy active support for the thickness and support. And they feel wonderful to me! I have worn stockings before, but prefer pantyhose as it covers having to wear a girdle or waist slimmer.

Anonymous

I prefer thigh highs stockings. I like Berkshire All Day Sheer Thigh Highs. They stay up really well. Second choice is garter belt with stockings from Stockingirl.com or secretesinlace.com. I do on occasion wear pantyhose but they are my least favorite.

Anonymous

My choice is garter and stockings. More than once I have worn my garter and stockings under my blue jeans to work.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I’ve been wearing stockings and pantyhose since I was 4. Stockings were great, but keeping them up was always a problem. When I got my first pantyhose and learned how to put them on without destroying them, I loved them. They stayed up by themselves and there was more of that wonderful silky fabric covering me.

As the years went by I wore mostly pantyhose. I also learned I liked sheer to waist pantyhose best. When I began buying my own at 13, I only bought and wore sheer to waist brands.

At 17, I began going out wearing pantyhose with short girl’s shorts, sheer to waist pantyose and platform wedges. I loved that no matter how short my shorts were, my legs showed magnificently with no panty welt showing under the shorts legs.

When I began dressing fully femme at 18, my sheer to waist pantyhose were wonderful for showing off my legs in my very often too short dresses. I loved the look and how much leg I could show without showing any panty welt. Over the years I have worn various stockings too. It was fun and sexy showing off the garter when wearing thigh highs and showing off stocking tops and garters when wearing garter stockings and a garter belt. But that was mostly for partying dress. I really only wore them out when going to and from the parties. They were fun to wear occasionally for a different and sexy look, but most of the time, I just loved showing a lot of leg in my shiny sheer to waist pantyhose. It’s still my favorite look and my favorite hosiery.

First, I’m a plus size girl who needs a foundation that will hide some of my rolls. Favorite hosiery ever have been Spanx with a split gusset. Control top to suck in the rolls, and without panties you can sit to pee without having to pull your hose down. Greatest invention ever.

Mostly a tights girl.I wear them when I work out.

Stockings and garter for me, control top nylons is a very close second.  I fell in love with nylons at a very young age.  I have discovered stockings in the last couple of years.  Marie

I have loved stockings ,suspender belts and open girdles all my life since trying on mums  when I was say 10 years old ,the feeling of the girdle encasing your body ,then panties over the top and finally attaching the stockings ,I was in dream land .Mum never wore suspender belts ,although I do remember she had a suspender/girdle that had hooks at the side ,that I had worn a few times ,the feeling as you did up each hook was wonderful ,I now have one of my own ,suspender belts I love (panties over the top ) makes for easier time when wanting a pee , the sexy gap between panties and stocking tops !!!!.

These days I will wear and use pantyhose more .I love the feel and it certainly helps the ‘smooth’ look below ,found a new make Tudor Rose and they have a colour American Tan which I love bought three pairs and then another six ,when it gets colder it will be black opaque tights

For a really sensual experience, I prefer a garter belt and nylon hose.  I think that the garter belt and hose enhances the view of my rear end.  Thigh-high hose are second for me.  Lately, I have come to appreciate the convenience of pantyhose and found that they also have a nice feel when I wear them.

I love hold up stockings, they look amazing with my lacy panties and go so well with a skater skirt. Have been thinking of getting a garter belt and proper stockings but no idea on sizing, I lucked out getting my hold ups on Amazon 😂

Anonymous

I love to wear hold up stockings, especially with deep lace tops, when I’m feeling sexy. My number one choice for everyday wear are opaque tights, I just live them. They come in all colours and feel great to wear. My absolute favourite are 80 or 100 denier navy opaques.❤

C

Girls,

Garter / suspender and stockings for practical reasons: they are not so HOT. Nice to have a cool breeze under your skirt. They are easy to wear once you get the knack and unlike thigh highs (sometimes called “stay ups”) they STAY UP! There is a big debate if the straps go under or over your panties.

Panties / hose / tights are great too, just hotter but also much cheaper.

Once you’ve worn suspenders and stockings there is no looking back.

S

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?