Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Harriette
      Lady

A few days ago, I had to do a fair bit of walking. The weather was cool enough that I needed to wear a jacket.

It didn’t take all that long before realizing that, if nothing else, underdressing in warmer weather is going to be really challenging when wearing body shaping forms. Even with just loose breasts in a bra and my jacket open a lot of the time, the front of the bra was soaking with sweat. I sweat easily enough, but even this surprised me. Sweat marks without a jacket will stand out to everyone.

What other aspects of crossdressing in warm or hot weather should we be aware of? How do you deal with it? Any tricks to know?

P.S. Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Anonymous

My Terri stays in the AC as much as possible during Summer. Her silicone breasts have a fabric cover that greatly reduces chest sweat. Old nylons can be used for the same effect.

The forms are hot that’s true.  As much as I dislike not wearing nylon , lacy undies, cotton bras and panties a generally cooler and more breathable.  Sleeveless tops and light weight skirts, ( not see thru)  loose fitting, no slip or camisole.   Great legs need  no stockings but if you insist, wear thigh hi s, no garter belt.  Sandals complete the light weight look.   Or, keep it simple, 2 piece swimsuit and a lightweight pool wrap . Hugs

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I’ve spent some time in Southern California desert areas with temps over 100.  Sweat is inevitable regardless if you’re a CD, trans, or cis-female.  The best you can do is wear loose light colored clothing, try to not exert yourself, and stay indoors as much as possible.  Tights, shapewear, etc. are not your friend.  A bralette will be much cooler than a full support bra.  If you sweat a lot, I know of one product that will help.  Do a search for Michael Davy Sweat Stop.  It’s professional grade antiperspirant used in the film industry.  It contains aluminum compounds so be forewarned.

/EA

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Short answer, only panties under shorts with a t shirt on top, no cami.

Night time, silk french knickers and cami with a bralette underneath. Cool enough at night, breast forms into the bralette. Run the A/c most of the night Cool but comfy, silk nightie.

Caty.

Caty Ryan
        Baroness

Here I should have quoted that famous old CD saying.

“Crossdressing is a winter sport”,

Especially if you were like me up until two years ago, very hairy arms and legs. Would never have worked on a warm day.

I still dont “go public” in the warmer weather, cos I “overheat” very easily. Especially with wearing a wig on a hot day

Caty.

I can’t wait for warmer weather. Dresses and skirts. Maybe some shorts or a bathing suit. Everyone sweats when it is really hot.

I stick with shorts over panties and a form fitting cami, maybe a tee over that, and sandals below, ball cap above. Very casual.

When I first ventured out in public it was only during the cooler months always wearing long sleeves and pantyhose to cover my hairy legs but once I gained enough confidence and kept my legs shaved year round I absolutely love wearing lightweight summer dresses and skirts I now enjoy warm summer days dressed very comfortably.

Paula
      Lady

Hot weather crossdressing in Arizona just sucks!  No matter what I wear I sweat and makeup just melts off my face. So I plan my day around the heat. Mornings and evening I go out dressed in summer dresses or petite shorts/sleeveless top and I dont wear long haired wigs, or if I do I wear it in a ponytail.

Harriette,

NOTHING BEATS a skirt or dress in smoldering heat along with light cotton panties for support. The moving fabric fans and cools as you walk. I am not a giant boob guy so I tune down to a cotton bra and smallish forms which are still hot but so would real boobs if you were  lucky enough to own some. LuvNHugs, TERI

Harriette
        Lady

I wore a dress outside, last year, once. I was so nervous that I don’t even remember what it was like. I will have to attempt doing that again when it is hot.

Harriette,

There is (to me), nothing more girly than a skirt or dress except maybe a bra with forms. I spend a lot of time in skinny jeans or shorts but I feel they are more or less an extension of my male wardrobe. The feel of a dress is absolutely wonderful by comparison. LuvNHugs, TERI

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Definitely dresses and skirts for me too. And wear them as short as looks good on you.
      Also, there are fabric pouches made to hold breast forms so they aren’t as sweaty. I can’t remember who sold them, I want some. And if you are wearing a wig, look out. You will sweat buckets, they can be very hot.

Harriette
        Lady

Thanks for your tips, Fiona. I will look to see what can be done for the forms. Maybe, for now, just putting a cloth layer between them and my skin will be enough to help.

Omg I have some and figured they were just for storage ! Thank you Thank you !🤭🥰

I follow the usual tips: wear lighter colors; avoid black, wear lite more “breathable” fabrics, wear “looser” fitting clothes, and wear shorter sleeves instead of long.

However, the one secret that is most valuable to me when dressed full en femme during hot weather has nothing to do with what clothes I wear, as my “body temp” has the tendency to “rise” when I’m “out and about” dressed full en femme.

I use Suave dry spray antiperspirant powder scent. It has a “cooling” effect that greatly reduces the sweating issue.

Not much I can add here but staying hydrated is very important.

Quality makeup and I will re say that Quality really does make a difference. I’m a Lancome girl and it has never let me down. 105/106 in the pacific northwest is up there for us. I’ve been out half a dozen times like this and sweating pretty good. Every time I checked my makeup it was perfect, honestly could not believe it the first few times.

Forms were the biggest issue for me and what I ended up doing was wearing one of my bra’s with stiffer then normal molded cups and no forms. It was actually a nice change and looked fine-slightly smaller but no one would ever know that was not normal for me.

I believe one of those hot days I was wearing a body-con black dress with polka dots and trap shooting!

Sandy

Yesterday I mower our lawn. I was not dressed as a woman, but I have long hair. I had it in a pony tail. The weather was very warm and I was sweating a lot. Hairs seem to find their way out of the pony tail. They were falling into my face. I didn’t use hair spray like I do before going to work as I thought the scent would attract bugs in the yard. My hair was messy by the time I was done and I had to completely change my clothes. My wife uses hair clips to keep her hair back. I have avoided this they look feminine and my conservative neighbors and relatives in the neighborhood would notice. I will be looking at head bands, hair clips, bobby pins very soon.

Summer is the worst for me when it comes to dressing.  I too sweat very easily, and the last thing I want is to have my wig just soaked in sweat.

A few years back, I instituted a cut off temp during the summer months.  Anything 23 or above and no fully dressed, just underdressing.  It sucks because I can’t fully transform but on the other hand, it helps me stay cool.  Underdressing does kinda help keep the pink fog at bay.

So during the summer months I don’t fully transform often unless we get a few days of nice cool rain.

That is about all I have for tips to dressing during summer.

Harriette
        Lady

A logical strategy. Regarding a hobby, once the temperature gets above 26°, I turn on a fan, so I like your tip.

Becka
      Lady

this is a challenge!

love the warmer weather as I can wear my capris all the time! Love them! I will wear a camisole or other femme tshirt under my (guy) shirt, which can be tough as my summer shirts tend to be liter materials. can’t get away w/wearing a bra or shapers, although I’d love to!

Panties of course (nude or close to skin color if wearing white), and fashionable loafers or other flats.

can only go so far before SO has a fit!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?