Viewing 20 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Houston area Newbie here trying to learn. So much to learn, especially about makeup. I am just starting to dabble and I must say I will never rush a woman doing her makeup again! I also am finding that when looking at women I meet I am consciously noticing their makeup. Lipstick types and shades, how they have treated their eye area, natural or artificial lashes, how much eyebrow is hair and how much is painted on, blush and contouring, there is so much that goes into it! Daytime vs night looks, conservative vs seductive…. Is the makeup designed to compliment their clothing? OMG! Might there be another in the area with more experience, especially in make up, that would like to get together and share secrets, try techniques maybe even dress together? See my profile for more about me! Thanks

• This topic was modified 11 months ago by BillieJay.
      Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

It would be nice just to have a friend nearby to do things with.

Anonymous

Hi Megan! I think all of us would love to have a girlfriend to dress with, do our makeup, model clothes with, go shopping with, and just in general go out in the world with. It’s always so much more fun to do things together than by yourself.

I understand Houston has a pretty big TG community, so I’ll bet you’ll be able to find someone down there to meet in person and do some of those type of thing with.

Hugs,

Holly

Anonymous

Hi Megan!

I have dreamed of having a girlfriend forever. It would be so much fun to have her go with me to shop and go to and get a makeup clerk do out makeup at the store. I would be in seventh heaven! Maybe one day…Brooke

I believe that’s a lot of our dreams,, maybe one day,❤️🌹

Cathryn
      Lady

Megan,

Are you asking in general or are you asking “Houston area girls” as the title implies because you are looking for someone close to you?

Cathryn

Asking about Houston area girls in that I am looking for a gurlfriend. Poll question is for everyone… kiss kiss

Mona
      Duchess

Megan,

You might consider checking out and/or joining the Houston chapter of Tri-Ess.  More info here: http://www.tau-chi.org/.

Mona.

Sarah Car
      Lady

Hi , I share my C/dressing with my wife who likes to do my make up and give me tips when I do my own , we are like a couple of teenage girls at times

Sarah, you are so lucky! I’ve asked my wife for help with makeup, and she has made it clear that’s a “no fly zone.”

If only my wife had been so cool!

That is a dream. I would love to have someone help me in person. Heck i would love to have someone to have coffe with.

We are out here you just Gotta keep looking, I love having coffee in the morning,❤️🌹

You are truly blessed

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

I was not surprised to see, at least if the time I was answering, that no one voted – no. All of us want to be accepted and have friends to share with. At least, here on CDH, we can share our experiences, our thoughts, and this part of our lives. To have a friend that I could meet often and just talk to, face to face, would be ideal. My friends here on CDH, have made my life so much better, but there could be just that little more to really make it wonderful.

Carolyn, that is exactly how I feel. I am SO bad with makeup, and it breaks my heart to know that I have to have a professional makeup artist or esthetician do my makeup every time I want to go out en femme.

I might feel different if my makeup artist/makeover pro was (a) a friend and (b) another CD or even a gg.

Hi Megan i would love a girlfriend to share my makeup and dressing, someone to show me how much makeup to put on and help me picking out the best outfits,

I can’t share it with my wife she doesn’t understand why some men want to dress up like women so i don’t think it’s a good idea coming out to her,

Hugs Rozalyn X 🎀

Due to my venturing (far beyond my comfort zone) out to meet people in a local social group of CD and other related interests, I met at a en drab public mixer lunch, a genetic girl who expressed an interest in teaching me to do my makeup. Fingers crossed I look forward to seeing what develops! Wish me luck!

Interesting question.  It looks like almost everybody (including me) has answered yes.

As I think about it further, I’m having a little doubt though.  I guess the process of dressing involves some steps that I’m not sure I would be comfortable having others see.  Would a GG be OK with seeing me tuck?  Would a GG be OK with watching me attach breast forms?

If she knew what crossdressing is and volunteered i would think so. If it was someone who didnt know our dirty details, an explanation up front should have gotten them ready. Ihmo

Mary Priscilla
      Duchess - Annual

If we are otherwise compatible, yes in a heartbeat! There is so much that I don’t know or have yet to master in regards to applying make-up. For that and several other reasons, I would love to have a “girl or lady” friend to share the positive feeling i have when engaging my feminine persona.

i would love to have a girlfriend dress me up and do my make up. i would learn more on applying make-up better and what color to put on and what matches and what’s hot. Teaching me how to apply cover up and foundation. i would be in my glory.

Yael Lyons
      Duchess

I would absolutely would love to have a girl friend help me with my dressing. Even my wife if I ever got lucky enough. There is just so much to learn. So far I have only had two women (GGs) help me. Both paid transformations.

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by Yael Lyons.
      Cathryn
      Lady

I am dying to know who the 1 that voted no is. I don’t want to actually know a name but I want to know their personality and psychology. What makes them tick…

Angela Wagner
        Managing Ambassador

I am the second person to vote no. It is a compound question. It asks about makeup and dressing. For me, I would love to have a friend with whom I can share the experience of makeup, sharing advice and techniques, even sharing makeup itself. So I don’t have a problem with that part. It’s the dressing part I have trouble with. I am a shy girl, and to me dressing is a very personal and private thing. It’s not an activity I would be comfortable sharing with anyone, even a best friend. And that is the reason I voted no.

Cathryn
          Lady

Thank you. I didn’t really look at it as two parts. I just translated it as getting ready to go out.

Nice perspective.

Anonymous

Hi Cathryn. I voted what would have been the first “no”.
        And for similar reasons as @theunrealangelawagner.

I have had chances to go “dress up” with friends. Ah yes, those dressing sessions have been each one in a separate room. My privacy is my privacy. But I just don’t have anymore the patience to wait for somebody else to get ready once I’m ready myself.

Latest chance I lost hours waiting on somebody else. She was ready after some time, than unsure and had to change, then her hair was wrong… no, thank you.

No I’m not a heartless bad person. I have “held hands” of girls on their first times going out, or helped them getting ready many times. But while I would enjoy meeting friends for dinner or shopping or a movie, I wouldn’t meet to “get ready/dress up” again.

Cathryn
          Lady

That’s funny… I thought it was a girls prerogative to change her mind and clothes many many times…lol

Harriette
      Lady

It sure would be nice to be able to dress up and make up together with my wife.

I do think it would be a better situation for me, to have a girl friend to assist and train me to do make-up, and to dress with.  I would get more confidence to dress and be able to go out, if I did it as a team.  I am by no means passible and don’t have much self confidence to dress and go out.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Of course I would and go shopping with and do other girly things together.

I am not from Houston, But I love your idea  though to be able to find others in Michigan that would love to hang out privately and be able to get other ideas, and to try on make up and clothes and just be girlfriends, specially because we are not able to be ourselves around our wives and family, I believe there’s a lot of us that would love to be ourselves, but are not excepted by others ,so to have some excepting privately friendships , would be exhilarating, and maybe give us a little confidence in ourselves, no judgment, and mentally take a little stress out of our lives,  have some fun some laughs and just be pretty, to us private cross-dressers I give a shout out, you are not alone,❤️🌹

Harriette
        Lady

If you can’t find a group near you, you could always form a group. Meetup.com is a good place to start for either path.

Hippie
      Lady

Nope, I don’t want to learn about make-up. Plus my wife don’t wear make-up either.

We see make-up as a bunch of dangerous chemicals and don’t see a need for them

Hippie

Harriette
        Lady

I am hesitant to use makeup for the same reason, plus, when taking pictures, it can look as if you are wearing too much makeup.

It would be great to have girl friends to shop with, see chick flicks and drink Cosmos!

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?