Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Barbara
      Lady

how about some advice on wig purchases? Where, quality, colors, et al

no stores in my area sells them.

hello Barbara.wigs! one of my favourite subjects! I get all mine on ebay. if you are just starting out, then start cheap. obviously the best ones are much more expensive, that said, I am quite impressed with the quality of mine.

regarding colour, i’d say that was a personal choice. some people prefer brunette wigs, others like myself, prefer blonde wigs. of course there are many other colours such as black, ginger even pink!

think about the length of the wig too. do you want a short wig or a long wig? long wigs take a lot of upkeep because they tangle easily, also never sleep in your wig or you will regret it like me! they get tangled which is almost impossible to de-tangle. this is basic advice, but its a start 🙂

fiona xxx

Hi Barbara…

https://feminizationsecrets.com/crossdressing-transgender-wigs/

https://feminizationsecrets.com/male-to-female-hairstyle-mistakes/

Here are a couple of articles regarding wigs.

The Breast Form Store has a nice selection and they advertise on this site.

Fiona mentioned the challenges of long hair wigs. I have 3 long hair wigs. With proper care washing, conditioners, between wash wig mists and using the correct tools like a wide tooth comb you should have no problem maintaining a long hair wig.

Daniella

xoxox

in the past I’ve purchased my wigs from Joke shops and costume shops. the quality ranges from real cheap to very high quality. and in some cases they have even ordered wigs that i request. now I just use Amazon. Amazons selection is massive and the quality for the price is unmatched. Also Amazon will ship to a locker if you don’t want the delivery to show up at your house.

~Charis

Anonymous

I like the Forever Young brand – the wigs are typically around £15, lovely and silky. I concur that they tamgle easily, but I kinda like the ratty look! I got an identical one to my normal one, and was a bit disappointed with the ultra-neatness and shinyness. Just my taste.

FY also do some realistic forms for around £25, which work great with the right bra. If you take care of them and keep them in their box, they last ages. If you drop them they can split.

Love Laura

Barbara
        Lady

I don’t use forms. I did years ago but I just decided not to mess with them any more.

Samantha G…..
      Ambassador

Hi Barbara,  I got my favorite wig from Janet’s closet.

they have a good selection in a range of prices.

hugs….

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Hi Barbara,

There are some really amazing tools online to help figure out what style can suit you.  I know I have used a few different charts, my favorite was on enfemme boutique, that you can find pretty easily on head shapes, lengths, etc.  then decided how much I can spend and found a starter wig via Amazon.

hugs,

Michelle

Anonymous

Hello Barbara

i buy mine from eBay there is a endless selection and you can get a nice inexpensive wig!! Look at the eBay store wig secret!! That is where I have bought my favorites!

As far as colors go I prefer to find something close to my natural color. I have dark brown hair. Once I bought a blonde wig and it looked fake. Janet’s closet have some nice one’s at reasonable prices.

Hi Barbara,

I’ve purchased wigs from Janet’s Closet, Glamour Boutique, and  the Breast Form Store, and was pleased with those.   I bought one cheap “joke” wig (as Charis describes it) from Amazon and it just seemed so “fake” I eventually threw it out.

My biggest problem with wigs is that I have an unusually small hat size for a male, and wigs “made to fit men” usually swallow my head down past my ears.

Recently, I’ve been looking at some on-sale wigs at Paula Young but have not bought anything from them yet.  I never understood how eBay works, so I’ve never shopped there.

I have one wig (from Glamour Boutique, I think) which is my dedicated “sleep wig.”  As fiona says, they do get a bit tangled!   I spend a lot of time in the a.m. “detangling,” and they have a brief life cycle, rarely lasting a full year.  But it’s worth it!   If you’ve never tried sleeping in a wig, let me say that’s it’s a divine experience!  (If you can get the right fit.)

— Camryn

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?