Viewing 42 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi ladies!

We all know how much we love wearing high heels! They’re so pretty and feminine and fashionable, and besides, they make our legs look really great! But for some of us, walking in them can be painful, or even dangerous. Now I admit, I’m fortunate. I’ve been wearing and walking in high heels for as long as I can remember, so I don’t have a problem at all. In fact, I’ve been told by real women that I walk more gracefully in high heels than they do! 😉 But that’s why there are so many different styles of heels, from stilettos to block heels to kitten heels and more, so that you can choose which works best for you.

So of course, that got me to wondering…

How comfortable are you walking around in high heels?

Hugs,

Holly

I can walk in them, going up/down stairs i’m still working on that.  On the other hand, even though I can walk in heels, walking feminine is a totally different story.  I watch myself in the mirror and it looks like a guy walking in heels.

What I am trying to emulate is Taylor Swift in her video Me, near the start she is walking towards the camera.  I can sort of do that but my hips/legs are angled straight down vs. kinda slightly angled in.

Anonymous

I can walk in high heels ok but after about an hour they start to hurt my toes.  I drive a sporty hatchback which is a 6 speed manual.  The clutch, brake, and gas pedals are small and are not covered in rubber. I have to be very careful when driving in high heels as they can easily slip off the pedals.  The last thing a girl like me wants is to have an accident while enfemme.

Kerri

Anonymous
      Lady

I can walk in heels with very little issues, depending on the height of the heel. I do prefer block heels when I have a lot of walking to do. If I have to walk across grass then it’s a whole new level of dread.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

However, I’ve found that Over 4 inch heels are too high for my size 9.5 ft. Also, I can wear almost anything in a sandal or open toe shoe. I just have to make sure of the fit, on a closed toe. If it doesn’t fit perfect, I probably won’t buy them.

Good question hun, as I’m a huge heel lover and move around in them really well so I’ve been told. My wife can’t believe how well I walk in them and says the same, I walk better in my heel then most women at her office. But like you said I’ve had tons of hours in them and really enjoy wearing them. My sister in law told me straight up then I do walk in them better then her and she can’t believe I can clean the whole house in a pair of heels.  Lol.
      Thanks

Ashley.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Not comfortable at all. Because of a foot problem anything with a heel over 1.5 in. is too painful.

JOJO
      Lady

There is nothing like the sound high heels make when you walk in them. From the first time I wore my mother’s high heels and hearing that sound to today when I walk in my own high heels the sound of the heels is still exhilarating.

I had gotten use to my 2” pumps before the great purge of 2016! I had just started working on my walk at the time along with my hips moving as well. Trying not to look like Mea West! Just slow and steady, in a straight line, no wobble! Then I found out a had cancer and well if it went south didn’t want people finding things that had no answer. Now all is well and I’m start up collecting items. Been looking at online shoes. And found heels in my size and wide widths!

What do you think about ballet slippers on a tall person?

Lisa Leigh

Continued good health, Lisa.

I would love a pair of two inch pumps. Where did you buy yours?

Affectionately,

Diane

Payless shoes, but they be out of business now. I have found the online several places. Amazon is one. I have a weakness for Black patent leather, ever since I saw the girls in ROTC in 2” pumps!

DianaCD22
      Duchess

I found my limit recently and it is a 5″ heel.  I have a bit of arthritis from some old college injuries that limit the range of motion in my right ankle and I no longer walk when they are that high.  So, 12 cm or 4.7 in is my current limit.  I also have several 10 cm (3.9 in) heels and wear them quite frequently.  I found that my best pair for walking are my black boot with a 10 cm heel.  I literally walked a few miles in them while in Vegas.

As of now all the heels a stilettos.  However, my girlfriend says I need to get a pair of wedges for the pool.  I guess as long as they are about 4-5in I can consider them.

Dawn Judson
      Ambassador

I’ve been told, by GGs, that I walk in heels like I was born in them (that would have been painful, huh, Mom? 😁). I wear 5″ stilettos almost exclusively, when I go clubbing, & can do anything in them including drive. Love ’em!

I have a very bad knee that hurts all the time. If I wear three to five in heels it almost dissapears. I did get quite drunk once in five inch ones. That was a adventure leaving the club.

Respect that knee Michelle.

With love.

Diane

Daily runner for 44 years

I love them and I am very comfortable walking in them. My fiancée taught me how and she encourages me to wear them. They are so beautiful and fun to buy and wear. I like to cook and clean in them aside from the days I work at home in a dress and heels.

Susan

Anonymous

I’m very comfortable walking in high heels.  The higher the better.  I’ve worn up to 6 inch heels.  I have some shoes that leave me with sore feet if I wear them too long, but I don’t care.  I can deal with it.  It’s a small price to pay for the way they make my legs look and help me walk in a feminine way.

6 inches, Stephanie? Really? How’s your back?

I’m very comfortable in heels because I need to be.  I do all my daily housework in heels and my wife requires them for me as part of my dressing.  I vacuum, carry laundry, etc. in heels usually between 3.5 and 4 inches.  I do have some stilettos about 4.8 inches, but they are a little bit more difficult for housework and I mostly save those for evening and bedroom.  For those higher heels, I really have to make sure I sway my hips and control the length of my steps.

I’ve been told by “our sisters” that walking in heels in the house is one thing, but on pavement very different.

Holly, I am the “full Diane” when I have a therapy session so I need to go in work attire soon. I have on order a pair of black patent 3 inch pumps with block heels. Patty’s parking lot is a little rough.

Hugs and kisses,

Diane

Holly, I have always loved heels and used to wear them everywhere and as often as I could. Years ago before my back was damaged, I wore heels with complete confidence. I think one of the best bits of advice I ever got was from a girlfriend who told me to do my vacuuming in heels. I did that and it helped me to become comfortable doing most anything in my heels! 😊💋

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

I started with heels and been wearing heels for a several decades (no – not daily 🙂 )
      I have no problems walking around in 10-12cm heels, don’t even think about it as something special. My highest is 18cm and while I can walk around in them it’s not without issues.

/kt

I am generally grown quite comfortable walking in heels.  The biggest problem remains remembering to shorten my gait.  My natural gait is long (as I am over 6 feet tall), and is a gait that does not work with heels.  I am discovering, however, that the more frequently that I wear heels, the more natural it is becoming to walk with the shorten gait.

MacKenzie Alexandra

One of my highlights in being a woman is walking in heels. I love the feel and movement with little steps and swaying in the hips. It real took me a while to conquer it and as many of you girls, I got my practice wearing them doing housework from vacuuming to ironing and all things in between including dancing. I love sandals with kitten heels and pumps with three inch heels for stepping out in public. I have 4 and 5 in which I wear to friends houses or go to support group in.  I feel so feminine and sexy in them as you all do

Hi Deborah,

I would love a pair of black patent 2 inch pumps. I’m afraid the only solution is to have them custom made.

I suspect a “certain” sophisticated LA woman would know a place.

Deb, I am high right now from getting a mani/pedi this morning. It is so awesome to be a girl, and to be in a place of woman, and from women. Although a very handsome young man was sitting next to me.

With love.

Diane

Isnt it wonderful to visit the mani pedi salons and walk out with pretty colored nails. I am sure you will be back soon. Keep looking for those shoes now hon that have to be out there somewhere

I have an arthritic ankle with a limited range of motion. Maximum difference front to bake is 2 1/2” but 1” to 1 1/4” is much more comfortable. I have a number of wedge heeled shoes with a heel height of 3” to 3 1/2” and a platform 1” to 1 1/2”.

Favorite brands are BORN, B.O.C, Callisto and KORKS…

I must have been in a fog! Text should have been:

Maximum difference front to back is 2 1/2” but 2” to 2 1/4” is much more comfortable.

No problem for me.  I can dance all night in them.  I usually wear good fitting 3 to 4 inch black leather pumps with a pointy toe.  Also I try to wear them for at least a half hour several times a week so that when I go out clubbing I don’t get cramps.  And fyi,  sometimes I put a cut-out mouse pad in for cushioning.  Party on!   Marg

Around the house doing chores is fine. I can vacuum the whole house in 5 inch heels, but that’s on carpeting. Mopping I wear ballet slippers because of the slip and fall hazard on kitchen floors. Events that are outside on patios and lawns, I wear wedgies that are 2 1/2- 3 inches. I wear kitten heels to clubs. I’m thinking about changing into higher heels when I get to an event in my kitten heels. The walk from the parking lot to the event on blacktop and concrete kind of stresses out the ankles.

I have been doing fine in heels, I feel quite stable. My wife says I walk in them better than she ever has. Higher than 4″ gets a bit uncomfortable though, I have just one pair like that so maybe it’s just that one – I’ll have to try again. Actually, I’m more concerned about my walk generally. I took a couple of videos just to see what I looked like – not good at all, BIG tell! Gotta keep working on that if I ever intend to go out and blend. Dancing – a whole new learning curve!

Although 12cm high heel models are very often divine and sexy, I must admit that I would not have the courage to wear them as I am well aware of the danger that it would be for my safety and for that of people walking or dancing near me at that moment.😁😂😁🤣😁 .
      Why am I saying this? Just because I’m a realist, I’m a CD 186cm tall and weighing 140kg (I lost 5kg in this last week) a heel over 8cm would be overkill for my joints at least until I get to weigh – 45kg; so my favorite heels are 5cm and 8cm, with a comfortable shoe I could easily climb stairs or dance allnight.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Very comfortable. My 4 inch heels are so natural feeling. I wear them all the time. Just love them.

Triesste
      Lady

I suppose the two-part question is, how high and for how long?

Early this year I got a pair of sensible heels. They are my best friends.

I had a live performance four days ago, I think my heels were about 4-5 inch.

So heels are not needed for sound check but, for about four hours you are in heels, no complaints allowed. That includes a group photo and an audience meet and greet, with background music. If you weren’t dancing, you will. I get back to my place and everything below my knees has to remember what it’s like to not be in heels. It’s like stepping off a boat after a long voyage.
      Back when I started, I practiced by getting myself a drink and walking for an hour a day. I tried different surfaces, concrete, wood floors and outdoors.

I’m told platform heels are way more comfortable than they look, but I don’t think they complment me.

Staci Gal
      Lady

Well, to answer the question, very comfortable, I really like high heel shoes (sandals).  Gals sandals are pretty much what started this crossdressing thing.  For as long as I can remember I have been fond of (attracted to) gals sandals, not sure why, it’s just me.  When I went away to college I went all out wearing gals sandals (flats) and no one really cared or noticed.  In 1995 I got bitten by the high heel bug and never looked back.  All of my heels are sandals (well one pair of pumps) with a max heel height of 3 inches.  I wear in public all the time (as a guy), and the wife is OK with it and my kids know, but I don’t wear around them.

Since I have been wearing ladies shoes most of my life, does that make me a crossdresser?  Hmmm?  Maybe.  Smile…

About 3 years ago, my mind was wandering and I started considering wearing some gals clothing.  I really never thought I would, but gals clothes just look nice and comfy.  Well I took a chance, bought myself a simple t-shirt dress, tried it on (with heeled sandals of course) and loved every minute of it.  The wife freaked out a bit but once we talked about it she has calmed down some.

There is a LOT more to this story, but since this is about high heels, I will defer.  Yes, I love wearing heels – sandals –  it’s fun, stylish and very enjoyable, in guy clothes or with a nice simple dress.

Have fun all.  smile…   staci

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Holly,

I have been wearing heels for as long as I can remember. I have had a pair of 6″ heels which I liked because they made my feet look smaller but at that height comfort was the price you paid to wear them.

I have several pair of 5″ heels which are comfortable but not for long periods of time. The heel height I am most comfortable in is 4″. I can walk on them all day with out issue and fortunately I’m 5′-9″ so I can still blend in 4″ heels which makes me a very happy girl.

Love,

Trish

I feel comfortable wearing 4″ stilettos and used to have a pair with 6″ heels back in the 1980s, although I’m not sure I could wear those now – I tried a pair with 5″ heels a few years ago and felt very unsteady trying to walk in those.

Karen

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

I am pretty comfortable as long as I am indoors. I love to practice my feminine walk. My heels are 4-1/2 inch to 6 inch stilettos. The higher having an 1-1/2 inch platform at the front, so it’s not like walking in a true 6 inch heel.
      I find going up stairs easy, but then I have to go back down them.😬

💕Lara

Mary Priscilla
      Duchess - Annual

When I wear, much less attempt to walk in high heels, it’s best to have your local paramedic on speed dial. To be honest, sometimes earing them completes the clothing look I like. If there is a need to walk somewhere, I wear flats and then change into heels for whatever event I am at. This approach saves a lot of anxiety and emergency room charges.

Mary Priscilla

They are not very high nor spiked and i do ok.  I had a pair of chucky 3″ heel booties that after wearing a bit felt very natural.

Pumped
      Lady

I wear heels around the house more than any other shoes, or barefoot for that matter. I have a couple pairs of boots with a three inch heel I wear in public. I typically wear for inch pumps every evening for 5-6 hours, Saturdays and Sundays sometimes all day.

Anonymous

I have been watching some videos on YouTube to work on my walking in heels. The heel to toe technique seems to be the most used. I am comfortable now in 4inch stiletto heels. I find over that my calves become very toned and my legs look gorgeusly long but after a few minutes my calves start aching. It’s probably my technique but I am determined one day to walk around comfortably in a pair of 6inch heel Loubitons 👠.

I would love to try, but I have neighbors below me and hardwood floors. Wouldn’t take a genius to figure out what’s going on.

AnnaBeth Black
      Duchess - Annual

I love wearing heels , i wore my wife’s for a long time, I can just squeeze in to her sandals. I don’t know if she noticed but she never wore them often but they are pretty worn out. I finally bought my own , I find that 3” heels are a little easier on the feet but I love the 4”.

Anonymous
      Lady

Circumstances and my mums collection of shoes meant I was lucky enough to master ( or is that mistress 💃) heels by the time I was iny teens. I love them.

Chrissie Smith
      Baroness

I’m effectively new at this. In my recent week en femme I bought a couple of complete outfits and all the accessories. Sadly all purged now. I had some lovely 3 inch stilettos and found it pretty difficult to walk in them. Got better throughout the week. But I also had a full professional makeover and at one point I found myself in 5 inch heels. I literally couldn’t even stand in them!

I’m waiting excitedly for the pictures and when they arrive I may post in detail about the experience. Who knows, maybe a couple of pics too.

Hugs, Chrissie.

I voted pretty comfortable. It actually depends on the heel. I’ve got a pair of platform wedges that are really comfortable. I’ve got a pair of 4″ stilettos that are a challenge. Shorter stilettos are good.

Once I have them sorted so they don’t slip off or hurt my feet, I’m fine in heels. Up to 4″ is like normal footwear. 6″ stilettos get a bit wobbly on hard surfaces, but apparently this is the same for women that wear high heels regularly.

Cerys.

Harriette
      Lady

I don’t have problems walking or standing in heels. My arches cramp when not standing up, after I step out of them, probably because I have high arches that aren’t supported by the shoes.

Viewing 42 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?