How confident were you when you first went outdoors dressed fully femme?

How confident were you when you first went outdoors dressed fully femme?

This is a poll to try to assess how many members felt nervous or very confident when they first went outdoors dressed fully femme.

You must be logged in to participate.
  • Didnt manage to go outdoors (i bottled it!)
  • Very nervous
  • Reluctant
  • Average (neither nervous or confident)
  • Confident
  • Extremely confident

This topic contains 34 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Suzanne Furgerson 5 hours, 3 minutes ago.

• Creator
    Topic

fiona moss
    Ambassador
    Registered On: October 7, 2018
    Topics: 85
    Replies: 574

Ok! here is another poll! unfortunately I cannot relate to this one as I currently have never been outdoors dressed fully femme. I look at it as an ambition! I want to take the time and say, I admire each and every one of you who have taken this huge step in your journeys. Now back to the poll! obviously the only members who can answer this are members who have or do currently go outdoors, whether its to the shop for a loaf of bread or a full on, meal at a restaurant! Fiona’s prediction (and its a guess!)…. very nervous! Hopefully I wont leave any choices out this time!!!

Fiona xxx

• Author
    Replies
     Charlise Arielle 
    Participant
    Registered On: January 3, 2019
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

So yesterday I went out shopping totally femme including makeup. Just casual clothes, jeggings and a light blue v neck T-shirt some rings and a bracelet. Oh and a woman’s pair of short boots and fingernails paint black cherry but no wig. My wife was totally cool with what I was wearing even though it was 100% femme. I did my makeup myself and just did foundation, blush and eyeshadow. Can’t do mascara or eyeliner because of my vision. I actually looked pretty good. But I was nervous about wearing the makeup in public. My wife said I did a good job of it. I was confident in the clothes I was wearing but not the makeup. It’s only the second time I put makeup on myself so was nervous about how it looked. As for being out in public dressed femme. I don’t really care what people say or how they look at me. I am a Transfemine person who just happens to like dressing in woman’s clothes now and damn proud of it. I hide my femininity long enough. Now it’s time for me to show it off. I have the upmost respect for all of you wonder ladies on CDH. You ladies are the best.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Kelly brown 
    Participant
    Registered On: June 24, 2018
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 14

I just went out for the first time last night fully dressed i drove to the next town and went to a petrol station is was so nervous i drove back out and it took me 3/4 times then I went in its a pump where you pay at other  but filling up my heart was racing my hands were shacking. ..I then drove home.another thing that had me worrying was driving in heels so hard…but il give it time then try again something different but it was a good experience

3 users thanked author for this post.
     Sapphire Ribbons 
    Participant
    Registered On: June 2, 2018
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

Well, I thought of taking a stroll in a park at dusk for my first time out…however that didn’t happen. Then I thought I would drive around the block…That didn’t happen either. I did however take a leap though, there was a meetup group ,which I heard about from a friend on this site, having a gathering so I introduced myself on that site . I told them I would go and I just commited. OMG the days leading up to this was exciting,I even bought a new wig!100% human hair. So my girlfriend and I took the 1.5 hr drive as I was telling myself “I cant believe I am actually doing this “! Exhilarating feeling and I felt pretty confident even as I walk through the door. There were 4 other girls there and so welcoming. I loved it! Can’t wait for the next! This happened this past Friday!

I highly recommend getting out there girls! Total Bliss

4 users thanked author for this post.
     Ronda Francine 
    Participant
    Registered On: August 25, 2015
    Replies: 13

The first time I went out dressed was about ten years ago. I was going to meet a friend at a local bar and restaurant in town. I was very scared to say the least, but I went in anyway, I encountered a women who was staring at me, I just smiled at her and she smiled back and  went on with her business. I saw my friend sitting at the bar, and went over to her, she was very surprised to see me there. Long story short, I down two margaritas, I was relaxed enough that I enjoyed the rest of the evening.<u></u>

Ronda Francine

Dame Veronica Graunwolf 
    Participant
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 36
    Replies: 1521

I was as nervous as a Cat on a hot tin roof!

Veronica

5 users thanked author for this post.
     Michelle Liefde 
    Ambassador
    Registered On: May 27, 2018
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 573

I went outside in my yard, wearing a dress, heels, wig, makeup and my male coat.  I actually go up to my front gate before I turned around and made a mad dash for the door.  So I feel I really can’t claim to have been out en femme yet.

Hugs,

Michelle

StephieM 
    Participant
    Registered On: January 11, 2019

I answered “Extremely Confident” because once I was in the public, I felt exactly that.

I rented a motel room my first time going out so I would have a place to dress OR a place to retreat to if it wasn’t working out. I did it alone, I knew I had a friend who was going to be at the event but would have to show up alone.

So, driving to the motel, getting dressed, doing makeup, all was very nerve racking and scary for me. I gave up on doing my nails because I couldn’t hold my hand still long enough to do them. I only wore lipstick and a bit of powder because I was afraid if I tried to do more I would just screw it up and look worse. It was very windy that day where I was going and I forgot to bring pins to hold my wig so I just went with my real hair which was just long enough for a windblown look.

But as soon as I was driving to the event in my car as a girl, all nervousness went away, I felt like I was who I was supposed to be and didn’t care at all what anyone would think of how I looked.

Within minutes of arriving, more than a couple of people complimented my dress and/or told me I looked nice. Those comments and their kind smiles made my confidence soar and I don’t remember being nervous at all the rest of the day and evening.

EDITED to add:

The above was technically not the first time I was crossdressed in public but the first time was a Halloween costume and I was very much in denial about my female side. 22 years later, I went out as myself to the local Pride festival, that is the above story.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 4 hours ago by  StephieM.
     Melissa Davis 
    Participant
    Registered On: September 4, 2018
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 17

I became absurdly confident on a balmy late September day after nervously attending a group makeover session for the gender-nonconforming at a Sephora location in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Most of the customers paid no attention to the six of us, who ranged widely in age and appearance. I was wearing my usual men’s clothes. When the session finished we had done only foundation and blush. The staff couldn’t have been nicer. One of them said my skin glowed. I bought the foundation and corrector I had used and became elated as I drove home. The foundation looked so good to me that I immediately did my eyes and lips and changed into shapewear and a casual black and white maxi-dress and slingback heels. I can do this, I said to myself as I drove to an upscale mall and walked into Macy’s on a busy evening. I wandered into several other stores and tried on a coat at Nordstrom. I kept a smile on my face and never said a word, though I exchanged glances and smiles with a few women. Mostly I was ignored, as far as I could tell. I was euphoric as I walked across a huge, dark parking lot, a breeze rustling my dress. Well into the evening, I realized I had forgotten all about dinner.

In retrospect, my makeup was far from professional, maybe far from adequate. I owe my confidence to Sephora. If you live near a Sephora store, see if you can find one that offers free sessions to the trans community. Failing that, individual makeovers are available to anybody making a minimum purchase.

Melissa Davis

Glenda Bingyi 
    Participant
    Registered On: July 24, 2016

My first time I was determined that this would be it and I still nearly didn’t make it out the door but just pushed myself and off I went.  Was shaking so hard I nearly couldn’t put the key in the cars ignition but after only a few minutes having driven away from where I could be recognised I felt much calmer and in control.  Opportunities for me dont come along very often now but when they do its seize them with both nail polished hands

Glenda

Fiona Simpson 
    Participant
    Registered On: January 10, 2019
    Replies: 7

I was really nervous when I left my house en femme for the first time tonight. Went to the local mall and browsed some dresses. Bought a purse. Wow. So exciting. Just do it !

Bobbi 
    Participant
    Registered On: September 13, 2018
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 245

Fiona, I was terrified!  I was 14-15 years old, & in High School.  I decided that as long as I look like a girl, I AM a girl. My breasts were coming in so fast, that I couldn’t hide them, so I decided not to try!  I just started wearing girl’s clothes to school.
    Much to my surprise & delight,  I was accepted immediately! My friends were saying
    “Girl, what took you so long?”.  My love life didn’t suffer, either!  LOL
    I don’t know who or what I was in a past life, but I must have had some good karma owed to me! I’ve been my girly self, ever since!  🙂

Caty Ryan 
    Participant
    Registered On: August 27, 2017
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 170

First few times was late at night, interstate for work, into my rental car and walking along a deserted beach.

First “real” time was at the Tiffany Club of New England where I got dressed and eventually asked “what time are the pizza’s for dinner coming” .

Short answer”They aint” So to avoid hunger a few members took me to a restaurant in a nearby town.   I was scared stiff, but it all went off OK. Still have the photos and (literally), “boy, do I look like a man in a dress”.

These days I have a professional makeover and go wherever I please. would probably be OK with my own, but the “proper job” gives me that extra bit of confidence.

Caty

2 users thanked author for this post.
     Rozalyne Richards 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 10, 2018
    Replies: 15

My first time out fully dressed was out in the back garden and it was late at night when it was really dark, i dressed up and went and sat on my swing seat in the back garden for about an hour it was so relaxed and tranquil just sitting there in the dark,, the first time i actually went out dressed up was some time later when i dressed up and went for a drive in my car this was late at night too because no-one can tell if you are male or female in the dark  I’ve been out a few times at night in my car i seem to get more confident the more i go out,, my next trip is to a place near me called transformation in Birmingham i want to have a make over and have a photo shoot x well will let you know how it goes x hugs Rozalyne x

2 users thanked author for this post.
     sarasue olson 
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 32

Unlike you city dwellers I don’t worry about going outside dressed. I live out in the woods and don’t have any nosey neighbors that can see me. when I lived  in the city it was another story. I also have A cabin on A lake in Wisconsin and again no close neighbors so I can dress and swim wearing anything I want to. I have started wearing women’s jeans with my shirt tale out every where I go and no one has never noticed it, the only men’s jeans I have are only to paint in or other dirty jobs, when they go into the trash I will never buy any more.

Sarasue

Gabriela Romani 
    Participant
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 214

I voted confident. I was practically new to the city (and the country!) so I knew that nobody would be able to recognize me, even if they may be able to read me. That was the first time for a late night drive.

The first time really in public I was more confident after a few successful night drive outings, so I got crazy and went to a shopping mall and walked from one end of it to the other and them back. So, even more confident next time out was to attend a support group meeting, etc.

Gaby 💜

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account