Tagged: 

Viewing 18 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

At 72, there is little doubt that I am, at least chronologically, beyond middle age.  And yet, I routinely go out in my community dressed in skinny jeans, tights, flared jeans, or rolled shorts, wearing jeweled belts, high-heeled sandals, and breast forms under filmy tanks or tunics – much like a woman less than half my age.  Am I seen as an old man in a fantasy world or just a guy with unusual and feminine tastes in attire?

How I’m seen by others, as to my chronological age or my choice of style, is in a very large part irrelevant. I am femme because its part of me. Since this realization, I feel and act younger than I’m probably expected to, but I’m happier and healthier inside and out because of it.

Anonymous

Great poll Falecia.  I know for me my femine side helps me look younger than my chronological age.  I am am more attentive to my appearance as Michelle, better diet, exercise, etc. because I want to be as attractive as possible.  I do agree that for me being a CD helps me look and feel younger.

I’ve been told I look younger than I am when cross dressed.  We hear you’re as young as we feel, right?  After many years CDing continues to be thrilling.  So I chose I’m exhilarated being seen in feminine clothes.  And that has an energizing effect.  But some do engage my feminine side of self expression.  It’s difficult to pick just two.

Alice

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

When properly made up, dressed and “coiffed” Caty looks at least 15 years younger than the male me.

Methinks its the “softer” fabrics and clothes, plus make up to “soften” (and contour) my face and of course a wig to hide my “elderly” bald head.

And when out in public, as long as I stick with the “middle aged lady out shopping” style of clothing, I blend in just like everyone else…

In private, I can be whoever I want to be and the photos in my profile reflect this. Period fashion, formal wear, “tasteful lingerie” etc etc.

Happy dressing

Caty

Patty Phose
      Duchess

When I’m Patty, I’ve been told by many in different groups that I look over 20 years younger than I am. When I didn’t arrive or leave as Patty they were amazed at how different I looked in my male mode.

I have found that to be quite true with other crossdresers also. I’ve seen kind of ordinary looking older guys transform into absolutely gorgeous women. Another reason why I love being a CD.

Anonymous

For those ladies whose ages I know, dressing lowers apparent age by 10-15 years. For myself, I don’t know. I have one of those Mickey Rooney-type faces which change less than the rest of me. I was once “carded” when in my mid-30’s In the mirror, Bettylou looks the same as my other face.

Mona
      Duchess

Great poll, Falecia.  Let’s see: there’s makeup magic, hair magic, shape-wear magic, clothing magic…mmm…I sense a pattern here.

Yes, being able to transform my 60-yr old sagging male face and body into an alluring and younger-looking woman is nothing short of magical.  And like all thrilling magical acts, it requires skill and practice.  I love everything about it and so do most of the girls here.  Who wouldn’t?  Rock on, fellow magician sisters!

Melissa Davis
        Baroness

Mona speaks for many of us, I believe. In addition to the sense of fulfillment and satisfaction, I find that cross dressing is a health benefit similar to a workout. As a woman I move mindfully, rhythmically, slowly. I’m constantly reminded of posture, gracefully walking and sitting. Going up and down stairs in heels is an exercise in balance and poise. No wonder we feel younger than our age. There is no more pleasing compliment than telling someone your age and hearing the reply, “No way.”

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Younger, I feel younger, been told I look younger and most of all in my mind when staring in a mirror, I am younger. I’ve never felt better about myself as I do now. Cding is the best medicine that I’ve ever taken.

Stephanie 🌹

Anonymous

Yes Doll; I would have to agree. Sometimes I find myself clawing at my Closet door to step out. I have makeup and forms but I rarely even open that drawer. The undergarments, heels, picking out and matching skirt and blouse, choosing which set of pearls to wear. Taking the time to fix my hair. The whole process ignites the flame of femininity … I see how the Nylons cover the flaws while highlighting my legs, how the high heels lift my lil’ butt. Earrings, bracelets and necklaces … ok… maybe some mascara and lipstick … yes, I feel both young and sexy … even if my only companions are my mirrors and my camera phone. Feeling young and pretty is the hook of Crossdressing for me

With 43 members making 81 selections, I’m thrilled that the responses have been overwhelmingly positive, excited, and enthusiastic.  Some time ago I read an advice column which asked if crossdressing was a frequent cause for depression.  The scholarly and open-minded counselor replied that he supposed a frustrated crossdresser could become depressed, but that many who indulged their crossdressing, even occasionally, headed off feelings of depression.  And . . . here’s some science!

Anonymous

Soon passing my 75, feel like 60 when I have

taken all my time to enjoy my foundations; shapes and make up. Was staying with friends and had to go for a business meeting and had to go as “male”…when my wife’s friend saw me she said she would never have guessed! – what a compliment. Think the right thing is to ” blend in” as once in a skirt while all genetic females in jeans…since then I follow the others. Think question of age is also a question of self-confidence and the “feel good factor as when out in public I am just like another woman.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

When I go out as Patty, my essentials are nice, shiny pantyhose, pumps or wedges, a short dress or skirt, nice firm breasts and pretty hair. I’ve been told many times I look over 20 years younger then I actually am.

I don’t push the super sexy, over the top, barely legal attire I wore in my teens and early 20’s, but I still choose carefully what I’m going to wear and I have to really like the look. I get complimented a lot so it pays off.

I do wish I could have picked more than one reply.   I chose that I feel younger and others see me as being younger.   Now I work out very much and am in much better shape than most of my peers so that contributes to others seeing me as younger.  But when I am dressed in breast forms and add a little padding to my hips and butt, that only enhances the curves all the more which adds to how others see me.  Makeup does wonders to hide a few wrinkles too.   But it’s not just the physical appearance.   Psychologically, when I dress, I just feel more vibrant…I feel younger than my 62 years might suggest.  When I dress, I just want to be Anne forever and a day.

Sorry about any confusion regarding the survey.  I meant for people to select more than one or as many as four.  Regardless, at least for my intent, the results were strong to support a more youthful “attitude” and image for those who indulge in this pastime.  I have long felt that my hobby has enriched and extended my life.  I wonder if loving but disapproving spouses might find this a compelling argument for better support?

FAM

Falecia…that would make for an interesting situation.   “if your husband is not allowed to freely crossdress, he will die within the year.  But if he is allowed to freely crossdress, he will live 30 more years.”  If presented with that choice, what would those wives choose out there?   I’m not sure I want to know what mine would choose, LOL.   Anyway, I remain closeted for the time being.

You must be a bible reader – more into hyperbole!  I’d be more likely to say that he’ll simply be more mellow, collaborative, thoughtful, and kind.  The correspondingly reduced tension will lower his blood pressure, alleviate inflammation throughout his system, and promote a greater sense of calm.  The enjoyment of his femininity will release endorphins, increases the flow of serotonin and oxytocin which will create greater intimacy and trust, while enhancing your relationship.  So . . . he will not only live longer, but will be healthier physically, emotionally, and mentally.  Or . . . he can be a frustrated, detached, shadow of a man who avoids human connections and survives from day to day as his life runs its course with little enthusiasm or sense of purpose.  Doesn’t that sound more compelling and rational – maybe even scientific?

I love your scientific approach but unfortunately as emotional human beings, too often emotions take over rather than rational thought.  My fear is that she will see and understand your scientific approach but in the end, emotion takes over and she only wants her man, dressed as a man.  Sigh!!!!

Gotcha Anne,

As you likely surmise, I wrote my scientific comments with my tongue almost protruding my cheek.  That said, however, there is a lot of seldom-disputed truth about the impact of endorphins, serotonin, oxytocin, and dopamine on our well-being.  I suppose one could argue that the addictions or compulsion that trigger the release are alterable.  Most of those with more commonly acceptable proclivities like hunting, fishing, or bowling, do not acknowledge the chemistry – but it’s real.  I’ve been a runner for years and have experienced the “runner’s high.”  That over-the-top sensation that makes you feel like you can run forever or do monumental things is, in my opinion, identical to what I will feel later today when I venture out shopping in my best androgynous look.  If I could do the full-dress thing, I’d probably get momentarily weak-in-the-knees before I did everything I need to do, twice as swiftly and twice as well.  For the doubting spouses:  “Would you like your man to be young, healthy, happy, productive, reasonable, thoughtful, and loving?”

I used to do a lot of distance running myself.   I know the runner’s high that you speak of.  Unfortunately too many miles have led to osteoarthritis in my knees but I still do lots of walking 7 to 8 miles per day or a good distance bike of 20 to 30 miles or crosstraining on elliptical, stairstepper and/or light and limited jogging on a treadmill.  Fastest marathon time is 2:31:06   I miss those days and I miss the runners highs that came with those workouts.

Dressing always makes me feel much younger than I really am (60) and it seems to give me a nice boost in energy, I can still stay out and dance until Last Call and then want to go out to Denny’s or IHOP and get a little breakfast before going home for the night.

Paula

Luna Wing
      Lady

I am only exhilarated because so far only my wife, Lila, has seen me in feminine clothes.

I always feel younger than my age, I’m a kid at heart; the Peter Pan syndrome. Besides that, whenever I’m able to get into my fem wardrobe, I feel better about myself. The two occasions that I’ve had full make-up on, definitely made my look younger.

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

I know for me, I feel like a weight is lifted off me and I think that’s why I feel like I have more energy along with the feeling of well being when I am expressing as Michelle.

I’ve been dressing en femme for so long now that it just feels normal to me and I feel my age – no more, no less. I also feel my life force snd how great it is to be alive and kicking so I guess thats energised to some extent.

Take care girls.
      Anne-Marie.

Great subject and one I think about often . I love to feel fit and vibrant . To keep this way I try to swim and exercise several times a week and have reached the point that unless it’s done em fem I don’t bother .who wants to execise with a poxy pair of baggies flapping about your ears .  I suspect that my male body , at 56 , would be in decline by now if not for my cross dressing standards . I wonder sometimes if this is , subconsciously, an attempt to chase that elusive fountain of youth . Reminds me of that funny ol saying

” your only as old as the woman you feel “

cheers , Naomi d

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?