• This topic has 110 replies, 98 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 100 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Nikki
      Lady

I never even thought of having a female name until I joined this group.  I wouldn’t even know how to start choosing one.  How did you pick yours?

I was the same.  I had never thought of myself other than by my given name prior to joining this site. Yes, I have used pseudonyms at times, but never as an alter ego as implied by the labelled femme name. That being said, one should probably out some thought in selecting one’s such name. Alas that was not to be my case, though I  hindsight I know my selection was not as arbitrary as I originally thought.

As a writer, I am constantly developing characters with names and backstories. Therefore, there are quite a few names that already have a vision of who they are in my mind. So I muddled through quite a few looking for name without a visual to which my view of me was not contrary.  MacKenzie was the first and consistant name which not have visual in my mind of who she was.  It is also a name that has intrigued me since I was a child, but is not a name that I ever considered naming one of my children. (Another consideration that was I was important in my mind.)

My middle name and surname involved a lot more thought. From the beginning, I wanted part of my alter ego to connect to my legal name as I that is who I am and will always be. (Read my profile for more in this area.)  At first, I used the francophone version of my middle name as my surname, but felt that wasn’t right after a few months.  After much thought, the feminine version of my legal middle name became my alter ego’s middle name and select a surname from my within my extend family to which I have always felt affinity.

Hence my alter ego at Crossdresser Heaven and more and more places

MacKenzie Alexandra

Anonymous

I’ve always gone for a name that no-one I knew had (friends, family, work etc.)   That way if my secret ever got out at least no-one would think I had copied their name for some reason.  I’ve gone through a lot over the last 50 years.  As fast as I think I’ve settled on a name for myself then someone new pops into my life with the same name!

When it came to signing up for this site I needed a new name (again) and as I had just bought a couple of nice frocks by designer Jasmine Guinness I decided to go for Jasmine as a first name.

Anonymous

Find a name you like the sound of and pick it. For some reason i have always liked the name Lisa and i just picked a lst name out of the blue

Terri Anne
      Ambassador

Great Topic. You have gotten me to think back to many years ago. At work I met a wonderful caring adventureous woman whom I quickly befriended. Because of our closeness I was able to confide in her about the real me. The woman I wanted to be.

She suggested that if I want to follow my heart on the path I was taking that I should choose a female name.

I asked her permission to use her first name. She was a little taken aback but agreed. That took care of Terri. Then to get online I needed a last name that did not look like I was imperonating anyone. Thus Knoan as my last name.

So then many years later I am part of CDH.

It was evident that there were too many Terri’s at that time- I have joined and rejoined VANESSA’S Blog and later CDH a few times.

So since I wanted to be unique I was inspired to choose Anne for my middle name. Since It sounded so pretty to keep them together. The two became what I wanted- Terri Anne.

That’t my story!  No one has ever seen nor heard my’ true confessions’ [ hahaha] until now.

– Terri Anne

Anonymous

Hi all you beauties

Like a few of you mine was kinda a given. Being it is chris. At first my babysitter started calling me Chrissy never liked it much for a girl. It’s when every name can be an instant nick name. In my neighborhood being all Italian. It was more boyish.. Like Joey,Boby,Tommy,Pauly you get it. As a little boy some people called me.chrissy anyway.  I told her I didn’t like it. Asking what I would choose.  Once again raised around Italian’s most of the women named chris seriously were all named Christina Marie lots of them were Marie’s.  Loved christina Marie. Just the sound.. Never thought about a girl name  untill someone insisted on me being a little girl.. Just came to me in seconds Christie Marie liked the way it sounds and I still love the way it rolls out off the toung. Say it a few times.. You may. like the sound also lol.  Kinda cool to pic you’re own name.  I always liked my male name till computers it doesn’t fit.  Fun hearing the way every body came up theirs

Always great all you’re opinions.

Keep dressing

Christie Marie.   See you just said it reading to yourself nice right.  Its got a good ring…. Hahaha

Anonymous

When I was younger, I didn’t like my birth name, so I planned on changing it, later in life. I was probably about 13 or so, I thought that I would change it to Steven Duane, no idea where I got that. Anyway a few years later I was really into crossdressing, and the first name I picked was Stephanie. I used it for a couple years, until I purged everything. Fast forward about 20 years, I began to get back to being the girl that I want to be. I was talking to my oldest Son about what name I should use, he said that I don’t look like a Stephanie, maybe Rachel, since it is close to my birth name, I quickly thought about it, and kind of agreed, but ended up with Rochelle. Then added my stepfather’s last name.

Becka
      Lady

Give it a lot of thought.

I’ve always like the name “rebecca”.  Thought it is sweet and can be naughty.

🙂

Anonymous

My wife chose my name for me – inadvertently!

She was hosting a murder mystery party for a birthday, and emailed around the character list and a short description of the costume.

Imagine my profound delight when I read the name of my character – it took a while to fully sink in – I had to re-read the message a few times.

The character was a pop singer – so plenty of scope for really dolling it up.

The suggested costume was a slinky skirt or dress.

She presented me with the dress, and I accessorised it with a belt, earrings, a blue wig and knee-length boots with 4 inch heels which proved to be amazingly comfortable.

The dress was very short indeed, so I chose some devastatingly silky, bright white knickers, on the grounds that, since they were likely to be seen accidentally, they may as well be worth looking at!

As the party proceeded, and the (mostly female) guests all addressed me by it, I came to love my name, so I kept it.

Love(tt)

Laura

That’s a great story sounds like an exciting night and a nice memory!

Anonymous

I chose a name when I was think about joining CDH. I had given it a fair amount of thought. Nothing was clicking, so I finally made a list and said each name out load while looking at the mirror. Miranda was the one that had me with a radiant smile, it just felt right.

Miranda

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Great topic, and just awesome to read everyone’s process or thought on choosing a name. I have always like the name Michelle and not just because it is the female version of my given name.  I asked my mom once what my name would have been if I had been born a girl and she said it would have been Michelle. So I guess it was going to be part of who I am from the beginning.  My last name is to honor my mom’s Dutch heritage and thought the word love in another language just felt right Plus,  I like the way if looked with Michelle.

Michelle Liefde

Michelle, I wondered if your second name was due to a Dutch connection 😉

Nikki
      Lady

I’ve already picked one thanks to you all.  At least my first name.  Nikki.  My middle name is Nicholas so it is perfect, I think.  Thanks all!

Anonymous

Awesome name, Nikki.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Many, (many)  moons ago, my ex and I arranged to baby sit for a couple going to a formal ball.

Came “drop off” and this woman named Catherine swept into our living room , immaculate blonde hair and make up and wearing a stunning apricot chiffon ball gown.

From that night on I was Catherine or Caty for short.

I also decided that Louise would be a nice middle name.

So, ladies, “Catherine Louise” at your service!!

Caty

PS “Catherine Louise Ryan”, such a good  Catholic gel name”.

But I’m anything but that!!!

When i came out to my wife,  i was 22 , I did not have a name infact i did not even have any female  clothes , i had nothing. She told her mum and her mum  gave me my first name,  and then we all shopped .My wife’s mum then called me Alana. I don’t think we need a rocket scientist to work out the simplicity in the name . When my wife attempted to give me a membership to CDH  we introduced my alter ego as Alana and it continued to screen as this name is currently in use ! please choose again, So a few days later i came up with Py  Marshall. and here i am. xxx

Glory
      Lady

I feel glorious when I’m done so then I thought “glory” will be my fem name 😍

Anonymous

Always liked the name Gabriela. Also liked Veronica. Like Nikki, I had never thought about having a femme name until I got online, in my case, to a chat room. There was a ”resident” Veronica, so that settled it. Been Gabriela since then. May not be my official name but it is my name!

And Romani was the last name of my grandmother, my mom’s mom.

I think I have mentioned before, how thrilling it was the first few times I was called “”Ms. Romani”.

Gaby 💕

Edie Majeski
      Baroness

It was my x wife who decided that I should have a feminine name, so we took my real name, Edward, used the shorter version, Eddie, and then changed it to the feminine version, Edie.

“Donna” was the first girl’s name starting with my own initial in my birth year catalog of baby names.  “Rose” I flat out lifted from Seanan McGuire’s cool ghost story, Sparrow Hill Road, after Rose Marshall, her protagonist.  “Ross” is another initial-based name.

A fairly pedestrian solution, but it’s what you make it! 😉

This is an interesting topic… I’ve been dressing since a pre-teen but it never dawned on me to pick a feminine name for myself when dressed.  About a year ago I was emailing back and forth with a supportave freind and he asked what my female name was… I didn’t know how to respond except maybe Jamie which is the female version of my male name… but because we were chatting back and forth about a pair of boots I had just purchased (and loved!) I also suggested the nickname “Boots”.  He responded back “Boots it is…”  It stuck since.

Hello Nikki,            I did not use a girls name, until I started using this site. I have always liked Helen, it was the name of my first girlfriend at school, when I was 14. Also our neighbours little girl was called Marie, she was 5 when they moved in next door, she stayed until she left home aged 25. So I could not decide on which one to use, so I put the two together & Helenmarie was born.

love,  Helenmarie

hi nikki. great question. I have always liked the name fiona, in fact I always said, if I had a girl I would have called her fiona. the name just rolls off the tongue and has a sweet, girly sound to it. interestingly the name is of gaelic and Scottish origin, its meaning according to Wikipedia is ‘white, fair’ whatever that means…..

fiona xxx

I always liked the name Rachel, but it’s more of a tribute to Rachel the replicant from Blade Runner – I loved her outfits 😉 And the notion of being “differently human” resonates with me, I guess.
      Wells, as in the author of The Time Machine and War of the Worlds (I’m a sci-fi geek)

When I first came out to my fiancé, I payed out 5 names in front of her and asked which she thought fit me best. Each name had a deep meaning to it and I let her know what each one was. She settled on Skyler. I secretly was going to go with that name anyway. I always loved the name and did research on it. It is of Danish decent, but in German, the surname Kyler means “Little Warrior.” Based on my past trials and tribulations, I found this so fitting and went with it.

For me I have always admired three actresses with this name. Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Love Hewitt and Jennifer Connelly. Also my wife thought that because I admired them so much I should use Jennifer as my name. So I went with that.

Timely question as I just recently decided to change mine, after thinking I wasn’t going to embrace my crossdressing anymore (yeah, right …).  I wanted something cute and playful, a bit flirtatious perhaps, and (obviously) something girlish, but not over-the-top.  I put a good deal of thought into it, did a bunch of google searches on things like “best names for crossdressers”, “cute girl names”, etc. – and came up with Lexi 🙂

For many many years prior I was Colleen – which I picked based on the name of a good friend.

I dont think I chose my femme name, I think it more chose me. When I went in search of a wig to help me feel more like the complete me, it was the name of the first wig that looked appealed to me. I have known Samantha’s in my past and I love the name as it is undisputedly female. But I also like it as when shortened, it becomes a unisex name, and it just feels playful, cute and casual, which is how I see my femme self.

At the end of the day, I didn’t give it a lot of thought, but it just feels like it fits, so I figured, dont over think it, just go with what feels right.

My surname on the other hand was out of necessity to register, and Cross filled the gap, with the intentional pun.

Xoxox

Mine was one of the names we had originally considered for our first daughter but didn’t end up using. Just sounded nice to me although could be fun to change it some day.

Anonymous

Fantastic topic !

At first I chose Shawnna Otis Ross

Shawna came from my first name Shawn

Otis was the last name if my mother’s maiden name and Ross also my wife’s maiden name. I thought it would be to similar and to close as a whole but I go by Sasha. The Mccleod is ancestral. I’m still working on the middle name 😎.

My wife gave me my name. She thought of a few names that used the same initials as my real name. After trying them out of a few days. I decided on Charlotte Rose.

My real name is Blair, so that was simple. I didn’t even think about a last name till now. I wrote some horror flash fiction years ago under the mame of Edward Fellers. Edward being my middle name and Fellers being part of my last name.

So a name is born on, and because of this post.

Blair Fellers

Maybe, I’ll have to think about it.

Janine
      Lady

Hi jasmine
      I took my name from a girl who I went to high school with.
      I always thought that she was gorgeous and beautiful and I wanted to emulate her when I started to crossdress.
      Never regretted doing it.
      I love living as Janine even though I’ve lost track of her but I keep her memory fresh everytime I get dressed en.femme

[quote quote=134846]My real name is Blair, so that was simple. I didn’t even think about a last name till now. I wrote some horror flash fiction years ago under the mame of Edward Fellers. Edward being my middle name and Fellers being part of my last name.

So a name is born on, and because of this post.

Blair Fellers

Maybe, I’ll have to think about it.

[/quote]
      Ive thought about it.

I decided I’d like a different name and came up with Roxy Edwards, Roxy from part of my last name, and Edwards, my middle name with an s on it. I’m so glad for this post.

My SO actually picked my name. She’s always had a huge crush on Cate Blanchett, so that’s what we went with.

[quote quote=132124]I always liked the name Rachel, but it’s more of a tribute to Rachel the replicant from Blade Runner – I loved her outfits 😉 And the notion of being “differently human” resonates with me, I guess.

Wells, as in the author of The Time Machine and War of the Worlds (I’m a sci-fi geek)[/quote]

I’m sure you loved hg in warehouse 13 then, if you haven’t seen it then I recommend it

Hi ladies

I don’t know if I chose my name or my name chose me. Have always had a strong connection to the moon and while meditating under a full moon while dressed. I heard a voice say “hello Selyne” and it stuck I found out later that Selene is the Greek goddess of the moon. Phoenyx is my middle/last name and that came about when I got sober and really started to explore my feminine self and it was like I was reborn from the ashes of a semi horrible existence. And that is how Selyne Phoenyx came into being. Harmony and Serenity to all of you girls.

Selyne Phoenyx

I just alway like the name Melissa. It just seems so much more feminine than just say a name that can be used for a boy or girl.

I chose Stephanie from a girl I rode the bus with in middle school. I had a crush on her but in retrospect I guess I really wanted to be her and wear her clothing. The name just seemed right for me and its who I really feel I am.

I think I have answered this one before but….here we go again. A great deal of family historical investigation went into my name. Verified by the Knights Templar – London, England

Dame Veronica Graunwolf (Greywolf – German/Austrian)

Dame………..I am a Knight Templar of the Cathederal of Rosslyn, Scotland. Grand Prior…Queen Elizabeth 2nd. It would ordinarily be Sir…but females get Dame.

My fathers geneology goes to Sinclairs of Edinburg, Scotland and over to France as far back as 789 AD to Roland…Chief Knight to Charlemagne. Roland in female naming is Veronica or Ronnie

My mothers geneology was a little bit tougher to date but she/I are lineage of the Hapsburg Dynasty of Germany/Austia. My Grandmothers cousin was Wilhelm Rhinehart Scheer…better known as Admiral Scheer in WW1……a famous Deutschland Class Battleship is named after him. It sank the most allied tonage in WW2.  Way back on the tree is a branch called Graunwolf.

There we go…..that is how I named myself…..it will be totally legit if I ever transition but I guess that won’t be happening any time soon. Ah well…..It will be on my Tombstone in my Rocky Mountain Home in Alberta.

Dame Veronica

Anonymous

I have been Jasmine Jeffries since I put on my first pair of pantyhose at 5 years old my first name is Jeffery and that’s why I love the name Jasmine so just fit XOXO Jasmine Jeffries

My Name is Jammie. In October 2015 my SOSOGGF discovered me wearing a sexy outfit of hers one day. She is a double radical mastectomy BC survivor. At time of her surgery in 2011, I had to move in with her to be her primary care giver. PLUS as such I had given up my own apartment.

She never knew I was a closeted XDRESSER, many times after she went back to work and she was on an extended business trip I would xdress around the house, the day she discovered me wearing her spare DD custom made BFs, a bra and panties and phose under a Sexy (rather tight) outfit, SHE HAD COME FROM 3 days earlier than I expected. BOY WAS SHE PISSED OFF. saying she suspected I had been wearing her outfits when she was out, I had been I confessed. Next thing I knew she said its obvious that you like female attire, so unless you dress FULLY ENFEMM THRU HALLOWEEN starting Tonight u are out of here 2morrow morning, Jammie. SOGF’S first we have give you a FEMALE name, I think Jasmine would be nice or maybe Camille or Cammie or Tammie. I chose Tammie, then she said well I prefer Jasmine  how bout we give u Jasmine as a middle name I said okay. Thus I am Jasmine to SOGGF.

Nicole Markova
      Baroness

I actually had a hard time picking one I  thought about  Aubrey to Audrey to Lilly and now I’m at my final choice jessica

Fascinating topic and a great read through all you lovely ladies’ responses!

Truth be told I’ve “tried on” just about any feminine name you can think of at one point or another, though more in my fantasy life than my dressing one.  As a Christian I’m drawn to euphonious biblical names, particularly Old Testament ones: Sarah, Leah, Rebekkah etc.  I’ve also tried on more exotic ones drawing on my background as a gamer and writer.

I settled on my current moniker only very recently, but I treasure it because of the story behind it.  Val’sheril in her original incarnation was the feminine alter-ego of an elven bard I played on World of Warcraft, who became involved with and later married to an effeminate male who he insisted on calling his “Lady Nieria” even though he was neither noble nor female.  As it turns out, two years later I’m dating his player, a lovely trans girl, in real life.

So… life imitating art… my decision to finally admit my feelings about her was part of the same personal inventory that led to my embracing my own femininity.  It took a little thought but Val’sheril just seemed right and I haven’t looked back since!

I once spoke to a lady at a call centre named Davinia. I’ve never come across anyone else with that name but have always liked it. It was an easy choice. As for Hart, I had the radio on whilst choosing my femme name and a song by Heart was being played at the time. I put the two together and it worked. Simple but effective. Then not long afterwards I had some time to dress completely en femme and when I looked in the mirror, there she was looking at me. It felt amazing, she looked like the lady I wanted to be, and I knew I had it right. Great post Nikki, thank you. Hugs xoxo

Anonymous

The first name I took was Caroline. I was four at the time, and often wonder if I should revert to that because it still has a feeling of rightness about it. After Caroline I wandered through a host of names, some I chose, one or two were foisted upon me by lovers (very creepy when I look back at the circumstances), and one name in particular was given to me by someone who was, at the time, very close and dear to me. I still use that one as it is has significance and I like it.

Imogen x

Oh, I loved this topic and reading about how people selected their names!

For me, it came from a girl I was dating long ago.  We were both in a Irish stepdancing school and there was a picture taken at one of the competitions with me in the school kilt  laying next to her in slacks.  Of course the picture showed up at the studio with the “who wears the pants in this relationship” caption (who knew how appropriate that really turned out to be!).

Anyway, pan forward quite a few years when finally admitted to myself and a select few others what is truly part of me when I was having my first full makeover by a drag queen friend.  After he was done, another friend asked what name I looked like – he said my name and my heart just fluttered – it just felt right.

So here I am and will be out more and more now.

Sincerely,

Bridgette

Krista
      Duchess

Picking my name was really simple.  My Mom always wanted a daughter and she has told me my whole life that I should have been born a girl.  So before Mom passed away I asked her what she would have named me if I was born a girl. She said Krista without hesitation.  I loved it immediately. I wish she was still around as I know she’d accept me dressed as Krista.

Emma
      Lady

Well my mom wanted a girl to, and she wanted to name me Martha. witch is a fine name but my sister made fun of me all the time, by calling me Martha. and even after I came out to my wife she jokingly calls me Martha some times. so I took matters into my own hands, and abbreviated my own name so my male name is mark I took the first letter M and broke it down to EM/Emma was born.

Full femme name – Lesley Anne-Marie Marshall (Lamm)

Lesley Anne was what mum would have called me if I had been born a girl.

Anne-Marie was a sexy young lass in my class at school who I had a crush on so added Marie to Lesley Anne.

Marshall is a name from my family history where I feel really close to one of the women (who passed before I was even a twinkle lol)

I use Anne-Marie most though as I think it is as nice feminine name and has good memories for me and I feel it fits well with my personality.

Take care girls.

Anne-Marie.

My name is Charlotte.

It’s always been one of my favourite pretty names. Also after Charlotte the Harlot, Iron Maiden song !

Hope your not a harlot Charlotte.

I agree that your name is really pretty and also really femm and sexy.

Good choice (imho).

Take care Charlotte.

Anne-Marie.

I took quite some time before choosing the name of,jennifur erin zoe,i love names and their meanings such as Sarah means Princess,and i wanted something that showed my life and so “jennifur = altered,zoe = life,hence altered life and erin is the feminine spelling of my middle name.💜

back when i was in 12 th grade there was a girl i knew  who was named Lucinda and i liked her but she moved away, i like the name so i decided to call my fem side Lucida

well hello , when i started crossdressing at age 34 my wife help me get started , so right at the start i said if i am going to dress as a girl i am going to need a girls name ,  so , she told me to get dress , go to the living room and face the curtains , she came in and said turn around   and her response was oh my what a silly looking salley , there it was , salley was here ! next step was a yellow mustang convertible that salley needed , what that means is this was an expense name. love the name and the car and especially my wife.

ps been with her since 9 grade and we just both turn 60, cant wait to see whats next for us ?

My SOGGF when she came back home from a “3 week business trip 3days early about noon or so and discovered me wearing a sexy outfit of hers including bra etc with her spare pair of expensive customized made breasts forms loose in bra. She said aha so you the one riffing about my dressing room hangers n drawers … being royally PISSED threatened to toss me out of our shared house ( I moved in with her when she came home from her radical double mastectomy BC surgery to be her care giver 24/7, per her drs’. Requirements for 24/7  assistance as she was subject to fainting due to her chemotherapy) UNLESS I AGREED TO DRESS UP FULLY ENFEM   4 following 3 weeks until her Office Halloween party, Including that that evening for dinner downtown with her. She said that I would Be “Tammie” rather than Jammie my given Male name from birth.

Full name – Rachel Karana Williams

Rachel – Because of Rachael Ray.  Found the name to be super cute and, to differ us, I decided to drop the second A.

Karana – From a book I loved as a kid.  “Island Of The Blue Dolphins” by Scott O’Dell.  Karana was the main character and I found the name to be very exotic.  )Besides, which of us doesn’t love exoticism, hehehe)

Williams – My male middle name, minus the S.

Anonymous

My mum told me when I was young that if I had been a girl I would have been called Helen with the middle name Elizabeth. I have 2 older brothers and I was born in the days before scans so maybe my mum wanted a girl. Anyway, that’s why I picked Helen as my name. Plus I like it.

After my heroine penelope Pitstop, I loved to watch her cartoons when I was a kid and I always thought she was gorgeous x all though I think I look pretty hot when I’m dressed she has always been my iinspiration x

I chose Amanda.  When I’m not being a man I’m Amanda.  It can be shortened to a very feminine Mandy. Very girlie, I love it.

Noelia6
      Lady
      My feminine name is Noelia and my best friend who we know since childhood and I always put her clothes when we were alone and I told her that I wanted to be like her a girl and she answered me okay and you will call Noelia as her doll Preferred and as we were very friends she gave me the name of her doll and I liked the name and since then my name is Noelia or Noe

Mi nombre femenino es Noelia y me lo puso mi mejor amiga que nos conocemos desde pequeñas y siempre me ponia su ropa cuando estabamos sola y yo le decia que queria ser como ella una niña y me respondio vale y te vas a llamar Noelia como su muñeca preferida y como eramos muy amigas me dio el nombre de su muñeca y me gusto el nombre y desde entoces mi nombre es Noelia o Noe
      Anonymous

My parents told my they would have named me Amy if I was born a girl.  I always liked that name.

Moon is the last name of the boy I lost my virginity to.  We had a special bond that I really loved. He eventually fell in love with a gg.  I still miss him.

Anonymous

Hi Amy , that’s really sweet & incredibly meaningful , although you miss him I hope that it doesn’t cause you pain , Tiff

Anonymous

I’ve always liked the name Tiffany ,to me it’s sweet & abbreviated it’s lovely also X Tiff

The reason why I picked my femme name is quite strange.when I realised that I preferred all things feminine and felt more comfortable dressing as a woman, I needed to choose a name for this persona. I always looked at women and envied the way they looked.one of the most attractive women in my eyes anyway was the actress who played Morticia Addams in the Addams Family.Hence Carolyn Jones.

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Started by my mother back when. In my teens and growing up in the 70s long hair was the norm and I did have quite the length to it  so she was always teasing me  but feminizing my name every time she wanted my attention.  As many years have go by and discoving my desires for dressing up I thought back and with my wife and her suddenly bringing up that name when deciding on it. I figured that works, 2 instances of that name coming up so I thought yeah!!! okay. And then I realized hey!! it’s my wife’s middle name, we’ll with that.. Stephanie became clear and here she is. …😉…

Stephanie Flowers. 🌹🌹🌹

I hadn’t thought about having a female name until I decided I wanted to join CDH. I delayed joining for a few days while I decided. I thought about women and girls I knew but decided I wanted something a little more uncommon and less familiar but still pretty. A few names seem to jump out at me over those few days. Finally I looked up a list of female names online. Going through the A’s Autumn jumped out at me. It was one of the names I had seen and liked over the three days. I love it.
      I chose Valiant as it is a synonym for bravery. Which I need for this aspect of myself.

Stephanie Flowers
        Ambassador

Autumn is a beautiful name . One  I like so much my youngest daughter is named and tells me  that she’s love having . Being an October girl  with fall in the air, Autumn seams the perfect name for a special time.

Stephanie 🌹

My wife chose my name by using the first initial of my first and last name GG

Well I can tell you that I went through a few names when I was trying to pick mine the first name I picked was Meadow but then I really didn’t like that named after a while so then I went with the name Anastasia but that didn’t last long either so then I decided to go with the name Simone but that lasted all about a month so then I came to the Greek goddess name Persephone and that sounded good for a while cuz it was a unique name to me cuz it’s not a lot of women with that name but then I started disliking it cuz I started seeing a lot of women with that name so I decided to pick another name so what I did was I thought about having the name of someone that meant the world to me in my life that I really cared about so I decided to pick my sister’s name her middle name she passed away in 2015 so to show her honor I picked her middle name as my name….keilani I really love that name and that’s how I ended up taking my name because I picked a name that met a whole lot to me.

I actually came up with Ayla when thinking of the name for the main character of a book I wanted to write (still a slow work in progress). The idea was to write from experience, hence the character gradually developed as an alternate version of myself. The name itself came because I always liked the sound of Kayla. But seeing as the story is taking place in a sort of fantasy world, I needed something familiar, yet different. So I dropped the first letter and bam! Coincidentally, the name also can mean moon or moonlight in the Turkish language, and I’ve always felt a strong connection to the moon.

Fast forward to when I joined this site and needed a name. Ayla just seemed like the perfect fit. The last name, McCloud, just popped into my head. It sounds good when said outloud and really flows.

Anonymous

Would love to read your book in the future hun!

Anonymous

My first name is actually a version of my real name, my last name ( James ) is the last name of an old girlfriend I had in my twenties. Lol

Mine is not all that interesting.  I love wearing fur coats.  In fact, I am Mad…elynn about Fox fur, hence Madelynn Fox!

Let’s see my full femme name is Victoria Anne Smythe.  I’m not really sure how I came up with it but the idea was a very strong formal name but when shortened to Vicki short and sweet.  I guess I went with the idea that I wanted to dress one time like the stern librarian who behind closed doors was something all together lol.

Anonymous

Actually i don’t thought about having a feminine name until joining CDH , but i was from very longer time liking a girl her name was Shreya so i kept my name as Shreya , but it’s a beautiful name i think.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I began dressing fully fem at 18 and I got a lot of opportunities to party. The name I first used was Debbie Daniels, after two girls I really admired. I always wore nice pantyhose and sexy pumps with a very short dress to show off my legs. I often got asked about my pantyhose and got complimented on my legs.

Some girls began calling me pantyhose. They even gave me a Panty Hose name tag. One on of the name tags the n was written kind of small so it looked like Paty Hose. I kind of liked that so I changed it a little and made it Patty Hose, then soon after Patty Phose. It was silly but I liked it.

I picked Jenifer because I liked the sound of the name.  I thought of choosing Samantha but Jenifer was my favourite  Walker was in s list of the best sounding surnames.  I slightly regret choosing walker as it sounds s bit Star Wars

Although I love my new name the biggest regret I have I keep spelling it with one n

jenifer,  no I mean Jennifer

🙁

I wanted a name that was somewhere between classic and sexy!  I checked to see what are popular names for babies these days.  The top name on the first list I found was Emma.  It was perfect with my chosen surname which is a nickname from high school! Fell in love with it and it really enhanced my “pink fog” en femme experience!

I went to Victoria’s Secret and picked out panties 5 for $25. When I went to the pay for them I was told If I apply for a VS card they would only cost $5 so I did. VS then sold my info to other companies. I got catalogs from these companies and someone from VS changed my male name to Brenda. So I was getting catalogs with Brenda on them and they sometimes went to the wrong mail box. My neighbors would come over and give them to me jokingly calling me Brenda. As for Maidenform there my favorite panties to wear. Thats it

Anonymous

This is the name that is my female self. It feels like what my name should have been had I been born female. It just fits. That’s the best answer I can give you.

Charlotte xXx

I’ve answered this on other member’s posts and I’m glad to answer again.

I have a fondness for Great Britain/The United Kingdom. So, I chose Brittney for my first name. It also contains the letters of my male name. My middle name I chose Diana; because of Diana, Princess of Wales. My real last name is of Scots origin, so I chose the city of St. Andrews, Scotland to represent my fem last name.

Anonymous
      Lady

I chose a female name from in the family in the past that is still in use a reasonable amount nowadays but not in my family that I felt comfortable with.

Rachel

Jasmine, that is a woman’s prerogative. Py xx .

Young lady at Starbucks who went by Jess. I called myself Jess for a while, but a sister suggested I use Jessica. I’m Jessica.

Lisa Jane
      Lady

I use the name I would have been called if I’d been born a cis girl, my mum told me what it was, so only seemed appropriate to use it,

I love being Lisa Jane x

Rebecca Leeann Allen
      Baroness - Annual

Hi all

I went with Rebecca I used the name of a girl I know and have looked up to she has always been a true friend she’s was so excited when I told her. For middle name use part of my given name.

Thanks it’s been fun reading about your names

Rebecca Leeann

One of the best methods I have heard to choose a girl name is to ask your Mother what name you would have if you had been born female.

Kalyani V
      Lady

Dear Nikki, one way you can decide your female name is by asking your self these questions? What is your female self really like?. What are her interests, What she wants, How she wants others to feel about her etc etc.  I am 32 years old, and even though I named my self with many girl names, none of them lasted long. Mostly because I kept all of those names on a whim. But only recently I came up with a name I really like. After much thought, I named my female alter ego “Kalyani”, it means some one who brings prosperity and auspiciousness to the people around.  As this is how my inner female self wants to be, The name really brings a subtle joy whenever I think of that name. And once you come up with a female name that resonates with your inner self, the name stays for the rest of the life. Wish you all the best in that endeavor dear Nikki 🙂 .

I didn’t pick my name.  My older sister and her best friend simply put an ‘a’ at the end of my boy name the day they first put panties and a dress on me so I could play with them and their girlfriends, I was 5 when they did it.

PaulaF

Originally I was going to keep my initials the same but my partner and I could not find a middle name suitable with P so we decided on using my partners suggestion Scarlett. It would have been the name of are daughter if we had children. I chose the first name without thinking and it stuck. So! I am now Jessica Scarlett I think it depicts me very well.

Love and Kisses.

Anonymous

I picked one when I joined this group. Just pulled it out of thin air.

Just find a female name you like use your male name see if there is a female version of it in my case I love the name Charlotte and cara is a shorter version of this

I never liked being called Tommy, but I feel great about being Tommie!

Anonymous

Just picked the name kelly Ann because it suited me and I’ve always liked it 💞

Anonymous

I like the name Bethany. It’s not too different than my regular name. Don’t really like Beth the abbreviation as much. Delaney my mother’s maiden name I came up with it when I joined here and have really grown to like it

Amy Myers
      Baroness

In away I feel that my name picked me. In late 2018, my feminine side started becoming so much stronger and I felt “she” needed a name, shortly afterwards, “Amy” rather seemed to pop into my head. I thought about it for a few days, and considered other names, but nothing seemed quite right.

So I became Amy! I also quickly related to my new name when I saw a

My Mom had sometimes said that she had wanted a girl, and wished she could had another child, and this time a girl, however life did not give her another one. She never told me what name she and my Dad had in mind if I had been a girl, and I never thought to ask. If I had known, I believe I would of used that name.

When I decided to join CDH, I needed a last name. So after some thought, I borrowed actor comedian Mike Myers last name, as I lived in the same area of Scarborough Ont as he grew up in, he did dress up in one of his films.

Amy

Jeri Dee
      Lady

I started out picking a name that I liked — “Dianne”.  It soon became a problem of keeping up with another username and femme name too, so I reconsidered and settled on a feminized version of my own name — which I both like and is the name of a female that I admire — Jeri Hall.

When I was in college, my classmate’s first name was Wendy.  First time I met her I was totally checking her clothing style, and was awe struck at just how beautiful she matched her clothing.  Over the years, I simply adored the clothes she wore, even if it was a simple t shirt and jeans, she made it look stunning.  We still keep in touch over the years and meet up every so often, and she still dresses very well.   So my first name is an nod to her and her clothing style.

As well, I’ve always liked the name Wendy, and thought to myself if I ever started a family and had a daughter, that is what I would name her.

The last name comes from me being a super big Swifty fan.  I absolutely love her music and her clothing style.  Even when Taylor dresses down, she still looks good.  When she is in attendance at the AMAs or Grammy’s, she would be dressed to the 9s and looked gorgeous.  So that is where the last name comes from.

I think of it sometime and I really like either Nikki or Nicole. Stay close to my birthname. I get shivers thinking about it 😁

Well…Millie rhymes with a diminutive of my male name. And Millicent is just elegant in my mind. And I knew a woman named Millie that I always admired for lots of different reasons. So Millie it was.

Teases, we’ll, just because it’s a little sassy. And I lengthened it out to Teasedale because Millicent Teasedale, to me, sounds like an elegant and self-confident person. Like I hope to be when you see me in public however I am dressed.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Hi all, the name I picked out was 40 years ago.  Cassandra Joyce Jason, Cassandra was a character on a TV show,Joyce made me happy (joyous), and Jayson has my middle name in it.  Here on CDH I decided to go with Sandy because it rhymes with my male name.

Sandy

The first time I looked at myself dressed up I thought Tammy or Cindy. Not sure why. I decided I liked Tammy. Tammy the CD. They asked for first and last names here so I thought why not use both? Tammy Cindy was born!

It’s an old girlfriends name. I wish I looked like her…

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

So, a friend suggested Katie, and that was something I went with in chat rooms a bit. I also used it when registering here, but use a different screen name, Dala Carlian.

Dalecarlian horse or Dala horse (/ˌdɑːləˈkɑːrliən/;<sup id=”cite_ref-1″ class=”reference”>[1]</sup> Swedish: Dalahäst) is a traditional carved, painted wooden statue of a horse originating in the Swedish province of Dalarna (Dalecarlia). In the old days the Dalecarlian horse was mostly used as a toy for children; in modern times it has become a symbol of Dalarna, as well as of Sweden in general.

My Dad’s side of the family is from Goteborg, Sweden. I have a Dala horse at my house that I got from my grandmother. So, Dala horse made me think of a way to take Dalecarlian and make Dala Carlian. Who knows if it will “stick” or just be reserved for the lovelies of CDH…That’s how.

Anonymous

Mine was a mixture of several things. Leigh is the feminized form of my middle name, and Anna is the name of the gorgeous girl I had a hardcore crush on in middle school. Thus, Annaleigh. Rose, my female middle name, is just my favorite flower. Plus, Annaleigh is the name of a character from one of my favorite John Wayne movies, “In Harms Way.”

Mandi C
      Lady

For the longest time, I just added an ‘a’ to the end of my given name, easy fix. But over the years, I began to feel it didn’t quite separate me enough from my masculine side… So it was just recently I chose Mandi. Not settled on that name yet but for the most part I’m happy with it and I think it reflects more of my feminine side.

Anonymous

Lots of girls feminize their male name or middle name. I was Thommie for awhile.
      Harietta came to be as I sought a classy, european, fashion model kind of name.
      Hearing (earing it) pronounced in Montreal as (H)arietta made me realize how feminine and actually musical it can be and now the “H” is silent.

Viewing 100 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?