Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Chrissie Smith
      Baroness

Hi ladies. I’m going to be dressing for the first time in years in June (I may have mentioned this once or twice before 😉). I’ve chosen a lovely floral swing dress as the star attraction of a completely new outfit, but I have a bit of a problem with my upper arm muscles and I’m a bit concerned I won’t be able to zip up the dress at the back.

Any tips you’d care to share? Would I be able to put the dress on back to front, zip it up then turn it round and slide my arms through the sleeves? Depends on the size I guess. Or tie some cotton to the zipper? This is a really big deal for me and I just want everything to be right.

Hugs, Chrissie.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

You could fasten a strong paper clip to the end of a long shoe lace. Or go to amazon and buy a zipper pull.

Chrissie Smith
        Baroness

Ooh thanks Roberta! Didn’t know this was a thing. I’ve been out of the loop for too long.

Hugs, Chrissie.

I’m sure this has been discussed here before, but here is a tip anyway.

https://www.today.com/style/easiest-way-zip-dress-yourself-without-nervous-breakdown-t100202

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

Chrissie, don’t put it on backwards, you’ll tear the sleeves trying to get your arms through. You have the time, so as Roberta suggested go to Amazon and buy a zipper pull.

Get a strong piece of string (like a shoe lace)and a paper clip, slide the clip through the zipper, put on your dress then reach behind you and grab the string and pull it up over your shoulder, then you should be able to zip it up by pulling up on the string. Then reach behind your neck and pull the paper clip out of the zipper.

ChloeC
      Duchess

Hi Chrissie, while I pretty much agree with the zipper pull concept, whether you use a string or buy a premade zipper pull, one thing I would suggest is — take it very easy when pulling up the zipper.Β  There are sometimes things that can go a little wrong, and pulling too hard because one thinks it’s just a minor glitch can cause some major issues.Β  Make sure you can slide the zipper up and down easily before you put the dress on, and even try the string trick just to see if there are any slight places along the zipper line where things could go awry.Β  And yes, years ago I tried a variation and it happened to me, practically ruined the zipper.

Hugs, ChloΓ«C

Chrissie Smith
        Baroness

Hi ChloΓ«C.

Thanks for your sage advice. I’ll be prepared and careful. Love your outfits and hair by the way.

Hugs, Chrissie.

Anonymous

Any dress that fits right can’t be spun around. Few things feel as feminine as a good fitting dress as it is zipped up.

The challenge is not so much getting it zipped up as getting it unzipped later on.Β  You’re more tired and the slightest wisp of hair will tangle the zipper.

There are several methods to lubricate zippers, even ChapStick works in a pinch. Lubricate before you’re hopelessly stuck in a dress.

Angela Wagner
      Managing Ambassador

I put onΒ zipper-closure dresses differently from the other suggestions I’ve heard here. I actually put my arms in the sleeves first, dress facing forwards. I then zip the dress up as far as I can. At that point, I pull the entire dress over my head, arms still in sleeves. This way I have access to the full zipper, which is also now over my head. I can then finish zipping the dress up. Finally, I pull the dress down and β€”voilaβ€” I’m in. I have to be careful with makeup, but this works for me every time.

Chrissie Smith
        Baroness

Thanks Angela. An interesting different approach. I’m thinking the makeup will come after the dressing.

Hugs, Chrissie.

Amy Myers
        Baroness

This is how I’ve done up a back zipper when I haven’t had help. Awkward for sure, but doable.

Amy

Hi Chrissie,Its Michelle.There is a product on the internet called ZipHer.They come in two sizes ,one is longer than the other.I ,myself have two of them and I love them.It is great when I go dress shopping because I am not as flexible as I once was.I ordered one for my sister,a natural women and a real beauty,because she has fibromialgia and she loves it.Please look at the site and watch the videos and I feel sure you will own one soon. Michelle.

I modified a coat hanger. The metal type you get at the dry cleaners.

Straightened it out and bent a hook shape at the end for the zipper.

Alanna

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Crossdresser Heaven |Β PrivacyΒ |Β Terms of UseΒ | Link to us |Β Contact VanessaΒ |Β Advertise with Crossdresser Heaven

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates fromΒ Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?