Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi, I’m 20 years old I want to crossdress but I told my parents that I wanted to when I was 18 but then they kept acting so depressed when I was around them. So I said I won’t do it anymore and for 2 years I have been hiding my feelings not talking to them a lot. I still live at home so I want to come out to them again but I’m afraid of what they will say.  The first time was extremly hard I don’t know how the second time will go?

Sophia,

You are in a tough spot, and there is no easy solution to the situation.   I also had a negative reaction from my parents when I was outed as a teenager.  It was further exacerbated by my own reaction.  My recommendation would be to seek professional assistance from a counselor or therapist.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Anonymous

I agree with Mackenzie. You are in a bit of a tough spot. Professional help, such as a counselor, would be a place to start. Or maybe find a person that is CD, or transgender, to talk to. Maybe even possibly show them some of the stories on here. Just remember that it may take some time for them, try not to push to forcefully. Hugs and kisses Rochelle.

Anonymous

Hi Sophia,

i am of the opinion that in time your parents will accept you for the person you are. As parents they have unconditional love for you. They want the child they love to be happy ultimately. They probably thought the first time you told them that ‘you were going through a phase’, and didn’t want to show any encouragement. If you tell them that you have tried to ignore your femininity, but it is very much a part of who you are. I’m sure they will eventually come round and be more accepting. My parents found out when I was much younger than you, but they thought it was a phase I was going through. As time went on and my feminine side was growing more apparent they eventually accepted that it was just who I was. Parents always want their children to live up to their own values and ideals, but when they realize that you are who you are, and uniquely beautiful in your own way, they do come round. Good luck darling x

Sometimes keeping it a secret may not be bad. They may have an idea and with time may become more understanding. I never told my parents. Only person who really knows is my girlfriend

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Relationship Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?