• This topic has 16 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi all,

I’ve just bought an Android tablet. My two ancient laptops are effectively chained to their chargers and close to death I suspect. It’s early days I know, but I find using the tablet is so fiddly compared to laptop with a keyboard and acres of screen space.

So fiddly, that when I tried to create a poll on this subject (using my tablet), I failed. And now I’ve cranked up a laptop to try again.

So my poll is simply, how do you access the internet?

Marti xxx

As all of the things related to my dressing are secret from my SO, the browsing of CDH falls under that category too.

I have a second browser installed on my desktop PC that is set not to cache data nor to record my browsing history.  It probably isn’t as foolproof as it could be but it has worked so far.

-A.

Anonymous

Hi Andi,

– a good way of staying private, I used to do that too. Have you remembered to turn off ‘autocomplete’ too? 😉

Marti xxx

Anonymous

If you’re on a desktop, and really need to stay secret, use Oracle Virtualbox to install a virtual OS. You can use it for anything, and even delete it if necessary, without touching your primary system. I don’t need to hide anything, but I use it to run Windows 7 inside my main Linux box.

Bettylou

Being in the field, I’ve always used a PC to connect to the internet.  Now that I am older, anything smaller than a 28 inch monitor I find it tough to see, especially on a screen the size of a phone and a tablet.  Plus I’m used to typing with a keyboard and using a mouse to click around.

Plus being a gamer, I need the horsies a PC offers.

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Marti. I have other options but prefer my laptop for all the reasons most prefer… large screen and an easy keyboard that I’ve used so much I’ve worn the letters off some of the keys. I need a new laptop but I’m so used to this one I won’t give it up until it simply dies. Can’t wait until 3-D computing comes available.

Hi Marti,

Good luck with the new tablet.  I’m using my iPad.

Alice

Anonymous

Main access and generally always using my computer. At times like when away will use my phone.

Donna

Anonymous

Hi Marti,

I could use my phone to access CDH and read the forums; but to actually use the site and respond, it’s my desktop PC only. I make enough typo errors with a real keyboard. The virtual keyboard on my phone is impossible for me.

A computer for Requal.   I find my fingers are too big to use on a smart phone keypad.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I use all my personal devices regularly – smartphone, iPad, and 2 laptops.  I work in IT so there’s always lots of computing devices laying around.

Anonymous

Marti…

Tried a Mac, but it leaked. then an apple but it was rotten…yes , really!!..hate taking tablets, are PC’ s politically correct ??? and don’t like anything in my lap…also, the abacus just didn’t add up…..so it’s a Smartphone…

which is a bit of a contradiction in terms with this user….but I get by, just!!!

grace alt delete x

Anonymous

I’m not sure about that, Grace, I’ve come to the conclusion that the reason it’s called a smartphone is that you need to have the smarts to use it properly. I fail on that count 😉

Marti xxx

ChloeC
      Duchess

It all depends on where I am and how much time I have available.  I have a desktop, a very portable small laptop, and a phone.

If I’m home and have time, I have cdh as one of my tabs.  If I’m away from home for an extended time, I have my laptop (I had a keyboard/tablet combo, but the battery was a max 3 hours, which just isn’t enough, and it would run down even if plugged in, couldn’t charge fast enough, my laptop can go for up to 12 hours and it’s only 11″, so very portable), and when I’m just gone from home for brief periods or away from my desk, it’s a second level selection on my phone.

I could have icons to click on directly, but others sometimes have access to all the above – or are looking over my shoulder, and it’s nobody’s business but mine where I hang out, as long as I meet or exceed all of my other obligations.

Anonymous

Hi Lisa,

I really need to get a bit more with it.

Without a doubt laptops are a pain if you want to travel light. I always packed my old defunct ipad when I went off travelling, but of course without a data plan, as is the case with my new tablet. I must work out how I set up my smartphone to couple with with the tablet.

Marti xxx

Anonymous

– should be easy then! Says the airhead that who recently and unknowingly set my phone to ‘do not disturb’ for three days before I realised 😉

Marti xxx

Anonymous

– whoops, naughty step time, lol

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?