Viewing 27 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I often struggle with what to do with my mobile phone when I am dressed at home.  As I’m often wearing a skirt and top, I will sometimes tuck it into the waistband.  But it isn’t very secure there.  Occasionally I might tuck it into my bra, but it isn’t comfortable or sightly.  Often I leave it in one room and just get messages later (or run after it if I hear it ringing).

Today I’m wearing a floor length velvet dress with a mock turtle neck.  So I don’t have the ability to tuck it into a waistband, and reaching down the tight neckline is awkward.  So I’m going to have to either remember to carry it with me from room to room, or wear a fanny pack.

I’m wondering how others deal with this.  Since I have multiple strategies, I made this multiple choice.  Pick up to 3 choices.

My phone doesn’t rule my life, I lived quite fine for many years before they were even available and often even have the ringer turned off, especially if I’m enjoying myself. If I’m waiting for a particular txt or call I’ll move it with me.

Wendy Me
        Lady

It is simple for me, I only turn it on when I’m not home and I need to make a call. People learned not to call it because it  might be weeks before I would see. Some have said I  will text you, I tell them don’t bother for the same reason, also I don’t text anyway. If you want to call me use our house phone, I refuse to be a slave to a phone, if need to email someone I will use my PC. I find it really annoying when someones phone is constantly beeping and they have to see what it is, mute it and but the stupid thing down.

When girly at home, I still carry my shoulder-strap purse for my mobile phone, eyeglasses, sunglasses, soft gloves for adjusting my nylons, comb, mirror, touch-up cosmetics, Bluetooth controller for selfies, tissues, sanitizer, … My phone also plays music, etc.

Peta Mari
      Lady

I have a couple of denim skirts with pockets. I really enjoy wearing one particular skirt when I am working about on the property.

Its got glue, paint, and oil stains on it. Possibly some nail polish as well.

I find it frustrating that my dresses and other skirts don’t have pockets.

I wear ladies jeans a fair bit. But their tiny pockets frustrate me as well.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I’m “old school” enough and dont get that many calls, so my phone stays in the one spot when I’m in the house, whether in Caty or male mode.

If I’m out shopping as Caty, it stays in the car. Male me will carry it in my my pocket when out.

I also run two old “clunkers”, one for Caty and one for male me. Dont need a smart version and dont want one.

Caty

I leave mine in one spot in the house, and just answer if I’m close enough. Most of my calls are work related, and they will always leave a message
      Regi.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I refuse to let my mobile phone become an electronic leash. Too much of that these days. I managed just fine in the years before they were invented.

At home I set it down somewhere and check it once in a while. When I’m out and about, I carry it in a pocket or purse, depending on how I’m presenting. I leave my phone on silent or vibrate most times, with most app notifications disabled.

What mobile phone?? Being the Luddite that I am, I only have a cheapie I carry in case of emergency while hiking, or if I run out of gas. Landline is still good enough for me !

Jackie
      Ambassador

I personally answer it if I have it with me.

Anonymous

Hi Alison and Gurlz.
      Another option was not there…
      My handbag which all good gurlz must have, moves from room to room with me – so I am one of the two that added fanny pouch… to include that option!
      Roxie.

Emily
      Lady

Mine is most always in the same place in my living room. When it’s not, it isn’t far away as we have a quite small house.  I have done the tuck into bra thing occasionally as well. Since I’m retired, nobody calls except telemarketers anyway. My wife always sends text messages which give me the opportunity to respond later. Good question!

THIS JUST IN!!

They call it a PURSE!

What will they think of next!

LOL,

-SR-

Anonymous

Hi Samantha
        I think you are answering my handbag issues… 🤔.

I think you may call it a continental shift to Africa 😄 but we carry money in a purse, a purse in a handbag… on a night out we may opt for limited cards and a few 100 Rand… then we would take a clutch (bag)… which is either held in the hand like a our money purses or on a light chain or thin belt over the shoulder…

Or maybe it is just a North South Hemisphere thing?… 😀🙃

Roxie.

Anonymous

Yip 😄 but our phones are our windows onto a beautiful world- need them close to the typing fingers.

EVERYONE here, has one if not two or three…

Roxie.

Kassie
      Lady

Well, It’s normally in my hand or close-by when I’m dressed at home as I’m normally taking pictures and selfies with it 😛

But when I’m not, I just leave it in my room to charge or whatever. I am fine not looking at it for a little while when I just want to relax in my feminine attire.

A good deal of the time it’s actually on a tripod getting some good pics in… because I’m not going to go through all that effort with nothing to show for it! For the rest of the time it’s same as when I’m in drab, it sits on a charger in my living room (my place is very small so hearing/answering it isn’t much of a problem regardless where I happen to be).

Rami Love
      Lady

Recently went to wireless head phones so now my phone is plugged in at my computer around the house and when I go out the phone goes into a pocket or is tucked into a side band.

Mary Priscilla
      Duchess - Annual

I replied “other.” I use a Bluetooth ear piece that allows me to leave my phone in one room but answer calls elsewhere in the house. You do need to make sure that you have ample router coverage. Otherwise, I am a bit stuck as most of my dresses do not have pockets.

Anonymous

I guess I’m a bit of a luddite, so this may sound a little provocative.

I just don’t consider a mobile phone as a significant other. It  lives wherever I last put it down, whether I’m dressed or not. I misplace it regularly, often forgetfully go out without it, and and so far the sky hasn’t fallen on my head. I can’t imagine stuffing it down bras or pants.

Hippie
      Lady

That’s an easy one for me. I never owned a cellphone to even worry about it.

So make things easy on yourself. Throw out the cellphone and get yourself a big rotary phone payphone. Then you can be like Superman, Superwoman or Supertrans depending on your case

How about a rotary shoe phone?  Apparently they come in men’s and women’s.

Hippie
          Lady

That episode was just in TV. I think that one episode was the funniest of all of them.

A fairly even split between carrying it room to room and just leaving it in another room and get messages later.

I will rarely run for it, but I’m getting pretty fast in my heels now……

I think you may be missing the point of having it with you — after all, it is my primary source of photos of Terri!!! 😁

Anonymous

Have to have my phone on me for work só…

for me the most important thing is to disable video calls for fear of outing myself!

Sandra –

That’s an excellent idea.  I was home alone one time and in the process of getting dressed when my wife called.  I wasn’t paying attention and just answered the call only to find out it was a video call.  She got upset to see that I was in the process of dressing and ended the call.  We talked about it a couple days later and a few times after that and worked things out.  Part of the problem was that she thought I no longer dressed because of a conversation we had previously.  I won’t make that mistake again.

XOXO
        Suzanne

I’d always carry it with me because I had to watch my time and change back to “male mode” before other family members returned home. I also needed it to take photos of my femme self.

Jasmine
      Lady

Seeing as I came from the generation where we had pay phones I don’t really carry my phone that much around with me. If I’m at the house it depends on the outfit that I’m wearing like say maybe I’m wearing jeans or my shorts and I will slide it in my back pocket if I know there’s a call that I need to answer other than that I will just set it down and I don’t even think about it. If I’m out I usually will either have my purse or I’ll have my wrist clutch and I will stick my phone in there and even then it just depends on where I’m going

I carry mine with me from room to room.  As I wear dresses and skirt/blouse combos that either don’t have pockets or the pockets are too small for a phone it is easier to carry it from room to room.  As I only dress in the house I’ve never seen the need to carry a purse, but now I’m thinking that a purse would complete my outfit.  Maybe I’ll try that next time I’m dressed.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Alison, for me, I usually have it in my purse so it’s always with me. I don’t go anywhere with out my purse. I think it’s a good habit to get into.

Love,

Trish

I rarely turn on my cell when at home.  I am still very old school so most of my communications are via email.  Plus if I am expecting any calls it is via landline.

I learned a while ago from watching the girls at work and my spouse, my iPhone is a small model and I tuck it into my bra. When I’m not at home it goes into my purse or handbag.

Hugs girls,

Lauren M

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?