Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hey girls!

So I need some wig advice… I’m naturally a brunette, so when I first started out I had a shoulder length brunette wig because I thought “hey that must be my color and shoulder length would be easier to manage than a long wig.” I got burnout out on that wig back in August and felt like I skill looked like a boy in it, so I upgraded to a mid-back length brunette wig with a lace front and a part in it. It was a gorgeous wig and I felt so much more confident and feminine in it, but at the end of the day looking at my pictures I still looked like a boy in them. This led me to using like the “virtual hair color changers” to see what I’d look like in different colors. My ex-girlfriend told me to go blonde (because she’s very much a everything pink! Blondes have more fun! Type of girl which I really appreciate), but I wanted to try auburn or black. By September, I bought my current auburn wig and love it! With this wig and new makeup routine, I really feel like I look like a girl (or at least passable), I also feel even more confident and beautiful. I love this wig and I feel all these things wearing it, but yet I still think about trying blonde and black… A good wigs not cheap though and why mess up a good thing, so just stick with what I have right?

Also when it comes to securing wigs, now that I am going out in public I really don’t want it sliding around or falling off because I’m already nervous enough and that would be super embarrassing, so I started using wig tape and that stuff is strong! When I’m done as Leighton Elise for the day and go to change back, it’s still super stuck to my wig cap, wig, and if some of my real hair get loose from the wig cap, it gets stuck to that too and it super painful to remove. Any advice on how to remove wig tape or to use it in a way that it is less destructive?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and sorry if I sound super insecure, I’m just trying to become the best girl I can be this year before the weather gets nice and I start going on more adventures!

❤️ Leighton Elise

Before the last shut down I coloured my hair burnt orange. It has now washed out. Grrr! Several of the nurses at my hospital want me to go back to pink. So pink it is when salons open back up.

Love and Peace,

Amber

Anonymous

Hello

I usually find that the wig ,” straps” at the back can be adjusted to the right fit…I also have several Kalyss wigs that have built in combs that grip..

I have never used extra clips or tape….I do style my hair using crocodile clips and scrunchies….no problems there either

I have a dozen different wigs….so my colour changes…. exactly when I want it to

huggs, Grace xx

Hair color is a very personal choice, particularly for us girls who can change it on a whim with a wig. Personally, I’ve been very satisfied with red/auburn as it suits my rebellious personality, though I’ve played around with other colors as well. As for wig cohesion… it sounds counterintuitive but cutting off my natural long locks may have been the best move. With my hair at currently less than a half inch I have no problems getting wigs to stay put. Granted I haven’t tried actually yanking on them but who actually does that? Suffice to say I’ve fallen asleep with a wig on and woken up with it in the same place. I’d say either commit to a long hairstyle or go for the short one and prosthetic the heck out of it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?