Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I have wig with longer shoulder length hair. I would like to improve my skills at how to fix it in at least a  few different ways. I was thinking of taking myself to a salon and paying someone to show me.

I’ve watched nearly every video on you tube but its seams to be like makeup was for me.  You have to master the technique to get it right. Anyone have any suggestions ?

I enjoy styling my wigs. I use hot rollers and they usually turn out nice. If they don’t I can always do them over. But I sure can’t offer much advice. Trial and error for me. Sorry.

I had my older sister show me how to do hair. Now my arms do not work so well behind my head so if I want a braid I ask my wife.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

First, is it a real hair wig? Yes, a salon is the best bet.

Not real? ok then a few more questions come into play…

Is the wig fully heat friendly, partially heat accepting, NOT heat friendly, or lastly will melt on an overly hot day maybe.

You need to know this in order not to ruin your investment.

I have one wig(long one in my pics) that I was told, “if you use heat to style it, you get to do it once and that’d be it. Choose wisely”.

My newer shorter wig in current profile pic is “heat tolerant”. I can style it, wash it, style it again. However, it can still be ruined by a flat iron that’s too hot or something like that.

The wig shop that I bought them both at, offers a styling service to do it for you. OR they offer to teach you how to style it so that you don’t ruin it.

Do some thorough research on your gear before you try anything.

Good luck!

xoxo

Rayna

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?