What type of camera do you use for your crossdressing pictures?

How do you have your pictures taken when you crossdress? do you do it yourself? or have someone else do it?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • I use my mobile phone camera (cellphone)
  • I use a DSLR (Digital Single lens reflex) camera.
  • I go to a professional photo studio only
  • I never take photos
  • I use various methods (phone, DSLR, photo studio) etc
  • Other ( please specify below )
  • I use a Webcam or Laptop computer camera

This topic contains 49 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by  Annie Potts 2 days ago.

• Author
    Replies
     Annie Potts 
    Participant
    Registered On: June 1, 2019
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 22

I put my cell phone on a tripod and use a c clamp to hold it I. Place. I then set the timer on 20 sec. works perfectly

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Rachel Plain 
    Participant
    Registered On: July 4, 2016
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 13

I take most of my own pictures and use either my phone (balanced on something, on a timer) or my DSLR (using an app on my phone as the remote).

Catriona Williamson 
    Participant
    Registered On: May 19, 2019
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

Went all out CD….took myself off to a professional photographer….looked great, doing a strip to my underwear.

2 users thanked author for this post.
       Donna James 
      Participant
      Registered On: March 4, 2019
      Replies: 313

That’s a carrot dangled, are these pictures suitable for public viewing and will they get an outing.lol. You in the UK by the way.

Lynda Jones 
    Participant
    Registered On: December 4, 2018
    Replies: 8

Looking to photograph CD in East TN or Asheville NC, so you girls can post the best photos. I am a pro with years of experience.

Elise Michelle 
    Participant
    Registered On: January 3, 2018
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 208

I only used my cell phone now. I used to use a digital camera, but its eight years old and my newer cell phone camera takes better pictures. Plus, they automatically get backed up to my google photos account and I can upload them directly to CDH!

Abby Winters 
    Participant
    Registered On: February 7, 2019
    Replies: 14

I have only taken really crappy photos on my cell. Would be nice to meet someone in Wisconsin with similar interests to take pics with, oh well maybe some day.

Willow Flare 
      Participant
      Registered On: April 23, 2019
      Replies: 47

I wouldn’t restrict yourself to just other people into dressing. Plenty of girls who aren’t into it would probably be happy to help you get some good pics.

I know I am learning that just about everyone is accepting, tho part of that is geography. I wouldn’t expect quite as much acceptance back in Texas.

Geraldine Fletcher 
    Participant
    Registered On: April 28, 2019

I use a remote controlled mirrorless digital camera (Canon EOS M50). So easy with the remote control and you don’t have to wait for any 10 second countdown.

Willow Flare 
    Participant
    Registered On: April 23, 2019
    Replies: 47

All you girls you are so worried about how you should look should share some pics with us. I’m sure everyone here would give an honest assessment if asked, all in the interest of helping us all get our image more perfected <3

I know I love it when people give that kind of feedback on the posts I make on FB when I go out 🙂

stephanie plumb 
    Participant
    Registered On: November 17, 2018
    Topics: 61
    Replies: 474

Since discovering the 10 second timer i have been taking outdoor pics with my phone.  A convenient tree branch to lean it against, or the gaps between planks on public seats/benches provide good platforms, though finding the right tree can sometimes be difficult.

I mostly take full length shots to minimise the camera distortion that picks on us with brutal glee by exaggerating our masculine facial features.  How it singles these out and minimises our good bits I don’t know.   It loves to splay my nose out to twice the width, and shrink my carefully made up lips to thin lines. And where have my lashes and arched brows gone!   Don’t get me started on hair!  You put on your carefully brushed wig and check it out in a mirror……  perfect……. camera…. SNAP!   …….. OMG  I’ve got a rats nest on my head!!!

So girls, don’t blame yourself  too much ….  its not your face that’s the problem ….  It’s the bloody phone camera lens!

3 users thanked author for this post.
     Ricky 
    Participant
    Registered On: May 5, 2019
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 29

ive only used my pbone and only 1 person has seen the results! Im too scared to show anyone else!

Tiffany Alexis 
      Participant
      Registered On: March 28, 2019
      Topics: 16
      Replies: 453

I was scared out of my mind when I posted my first.

Anonymous
      Registered On:
      Replies: 7

I have always been very afraid too! I sure hope this wasn’t a mistake but I put a bunch of them on because I’ve never had the opportunity to share them before. It’s quite liberating you might want to try it you can always edit up your face and any identifying background

Camryn Occasionnel 
    Participant
    Registered On: December 10, 2018
    Replies: 209

I’m the opposite of Mikki – I’ve taken many photos of myself en femme, and they’re all too horrible to post. If I did, there would be no laughing, because with me it’s no laughing matter. And I wouldn’t want to lose my happy home here at CDH!

It’s not the camera’s fault, it’s just the camera has so little to work with. But I’m going to keep at it, and maybe one day a miracle will happen.

Oh, and the camera I’ve been using is a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W800, which I bought a few months ago at Amazon for about $80.00. It has a 10-second delay, which is why I bought it, since in my closeted, SO-less femme-bubble, I have no one to take a pic.

Anonymous
      Registered On:
      Topics: 20
      Replies: 523

I’m heartbroken………..I had thought we were so alike !!!  Say it isn’t so !!!

Mikki

Camryn Occasionnel 
        Participant
        Registered On: December 10, 2018
        Replies: 209

Sorry, I didn’t want to disappoint! Just saying, it’s going to take a lot to get me to post a full-frontal pic. Really, my femme incarnation is more Bride of Frankenstein than cute little old lady. (Actually, B of F wasn’t so bad!!)

Anonymous
          Registered On:

I’m OK with the Bride of Frankenstein.don’t be too hard on yourself………………it’s what’s in your heart !!

Mikki

Anonymous
      Registered On:
      Replies: 7

Maybe you are being too hard on yourself?

Anonymous
    Registered On:

I have never taken photos of Mikki………………but since I’ve joined………….THAT is going to change……..

just no laughing !!!

Mikki

Chelly Kross 
    Participant
    Registered On: April 21, 2019
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 63

I use my phone mostly.  I have the note 9, so I can sit my phone up anywhere and use the stylus to take the picture. I can also use the timer and activate it with the stylus. Makes getting in pose and snapping pics a snap.

Chelly

Shayla Armstrong 
    Participant
    Registered On: May 7, 2017
    Replies: 18

I use my smartphone. On occassions I hired a snappr photographer to take wide shots of me.

I actually hired a professional photographer to take boudior shots of me in a hotel room. Great experience. Expensive as heck though.

Alison Anderson 
    Participant
    Registered On: October 15, 2018
    Replies: 15

I mostly use a Canon Power Shot camera.  The settings are much more flexible (better zoom, changeable ISO settings, low light settings) than my phone camera, and I can put it on a table, dresser, other flat surfaces, or a tripod and use the self timer to get full body shots.

I am unsure whether to answer the question Digital SLR or other.  To me, an SLR is big, clunky, has a mirror that folds away before taking the photo, and has interchangeable lenses.  Yes I’m viewing the scene through the lens on the LCD screen on the back of the camera, but I would consider it more of a point-and-shoot camera (and thus in the other[category than an SLR.  But if you intended that any digital (hardware) camera to be SLR, I’d vote that way.

Khloe West 
    Participant
    Registered On: August 27, 2015
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 100

I’m exceedingly lucky!

I have an accepting to encouraging wife (now that she “get’s it” after many convos) of decades that also has a wicked good photo eye…and buys me cute things! 😀

All my “in home” shots are her handiwork.  Some shots on my profile are borrowed from pro photogs from casting calls, modeling shoots, etc.

Krista 
    Participant
    Registered On: January 24, 2017
    Replies: 57

I most often use my iPad Pro.  It has a nice big screen so I can see myself from a distance.  And I have it in a case that helps it stand up straight for portraits.  I have also used my cell phone camera, my laptop camera and a Kobo tablet, (but not that often).  For my very first public appearance en femme, my Executive Assistant used a DSLR.  She followed me around for a few hours and took a ton of photos.  I crossdressed for a charity fundraiser event and raised over $1,000.  That was a lot of fun!!!!

Thanks for the question.  Have a great rest of the week,

Hugs, Krista

4 users thanked author for this post.
     Meran Berwyck 
    Participant
    Registered On: January 16, 2019
    Replies: 40

I recall back in the 90s using a Polaroid camera with a homemade remote cable to activate the shutter button!  Ha-Instant self pics!

I use my cell phone.  I was given a suggestion by a TG friend who said to attach the cell phone to a mirror with duct tape, turn on the app and adjust yourself according to what you see on the phone, then set the camera’s timer for 5-10 seconds and wah-la!  Hey, it doens’t take a lot of duct tape, you can use use one piece attached to itself in a loop, place on back of the cell phone and press onto the mirror.  You can use your over-sink bathroom mirror or a full body mirror to full body captures.

Another option which I just started using is YouCam Makeup app on your phone.  Check the app store if it’s available.  YouCam not only takes your picture but you can make adjustments to yourself, even hair style and color as well as makeup features.  If you make mistakes, you can go back and try something different.

stephanie plumb 
      Participant
      Registered On: November 17, 2018
      Topics: 61
      Replies: 474

Wow. Thanks for the tip.  Tried the tape method – works beautifully. Can’t wait to get some shots to upload.   Don’t need to only use a mirror though – you can stick it on doors, frames etc.

Laura Lovett 
      Participant
      Registered On: November 18, 2018
      Topics: 12
      Replies: 411

I love YouCam!

So helpful for choosing wigs and makeup.

Love Laura

Lynda Jones 
    Participant
    Registered On: December 4, 2018

As a professional photographer I use my Nikon on a tripod with remote control.

Window light or soft flash for night, back drop or very clean background.

Nothing worse than a clutter background.

You picked out the perfect dresss, sexy lingerie,  heels, and spend hours on makeup and hair  (take a lot to look glamorous).

SO girls look around you before you push the button.   Love doing photo for people and helping then to bring out her best, seeing ones self in a new light is very powerful.

The only thing I love more than taking photos is being in front of the camera myself.

Love all you wonderful girls

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Lynda Jones.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Lynda Jones.
     Brittany Vai 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 6, 2019
    Replies: 9

I used my iPad to take photos, but grew tired of running back and forth to set the timer and then pose for the shot. So now I use the iPad to take a video and then I go back later and take screen shots of the poses I like. Just seems to work better for me.

-Brittany

Tammie Swenson 
    Participant
    Registered On: October 14, 2016
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 233

My SOGGF or my hair stylist use my smartphone camera, stylist always takes 4 photos after she has finished  2 with my android phone and to with her iPhone for herself.

Session she took 7 photos on her phone 4 different full length standing photos poses after 3 close up of 1 ace frt and profile from each side.

Falecia McGuire 
    Participant
    Registered On: January 11, 2019
    Replies: 17

Hey Gang,

I’ve used several different digital cameras over the years.  Recently, however, I found that my iPad works better than anything else and I don’t have to transfer to another device.  I’ve noticed at some events that organizations are using iPads to record presentations.  There apparently are devices available to grasp the iPad and then attach to a tripod.  So far, I’ve just placed the iPad on a table, but securing it has been a problem.

Over the years, photos have been helpful for me in my motivation cycle for staying fit.  I haven’t shared that many other than on my website, attached to stories.  I often wonder whether the ones with which I’m dissatisfied are as bad or the more satisfying are as good as I think.  Objectivity much?  Narcissism used to be the word used for those preoccupied with their own countenance.  Remember Dorian Gray?  But with the sharing on CDH, I’m more accepting of the good humor and humility of those fellow participants in this masquerade of ours.  Be well,

FAM

helenmarie 
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2018
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 61

Hello Fiona,          I use a DSLR Sony camera on a tripod with a remote control unit. I have to take the photo when no one is around, so sometimes it a quick snap. I have a number of photos in full femme dress & am very pleased with the results, it is nice to see yourself as a pretty girl.

love,  Helenmarie

Val’sheril Starsong 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 3, 2019
    Replies: 217

So far it’s just shots on the camera of my iphone 5 which is nearly as venerable as I am. 😉

Sad to say over the years I’ve taken many shots on many phones and deleted them within the day as I was ashamed of who I was/am.  Looking back on it I’d love to have those photos of Val in her prime but sadly they’re gone forever, victims of my own paranoia and self-loathing.

Now that I’m getting serious about letting Val off her leash I’m contemplating ways to photograph better… I know I can use a timer but nervous about framing shots right, not to mention steady mounting etc; I guess paranoia is a lifelong companion.  Maybe one day I’ll work up the nerve to have someone else photograph me (aside from the shots taken by my wonderful long-distance gf whilst I was in a very sad state) but for the time being it’s just the phone camera.

Marianne 
    Ambassador
    Registered On: May 20, 2017
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 358

I mostly use the camera in my Samsung phone, but also have a digital camera. In 2016 I had a professional make over and photo shoot at Model House Stockholm and would like to do something similar again.

Marianne

anne-marie 
    Participant
    Registered On: August 26, 2018
    Replies: 174

I don’t take many photo’s of myself as I prefer to be at the rear of the camera that at the subject side. I use an oldish Canon EOS 600D on a tripod, remote trigger and pro quality lighting. Photo makeup is a must for photo’s and I frequently use creative filters to help set a scene and compose the photo. I tend not to use mobile/cell cameras much as I’m not really keen on snapshots and selfies and as already mentioned, if one wants to show of an outfit then it is really difficult to get this in frame using a mobile to get a pic of one’s self.

Take good care girls

Hugs

Anne-Marie

Imogen Mann 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 2, 2019
    Replies: 136

Whenever possible I get someone else to take my picture, it’s easier, less rushed and gives me someone to talk too. When I can’t get someone else to take my pictures (and it’s not as tough as you might think) I use my trusty but hopelessly obsolete Canon Powershot S3iS. It’s only 6 megapixel but it works well for me, I like it and I know how to use probably 75% of it’s settings and modes.

Imogen x

Anonymous
    Registered On:
    Replies: 88

Nikon with timer on a tripod.  I just have a few seconds to get in place and pose.

MacKenzie Alexandra 
    Ambassador
    Registered On: May 20, 2016
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 383

Picture and me just do not get along. I hate selfies for a couple of reasons. 1. My selfie camera on my phone is so much less quality than the primary camera. 2. A selfie does not provide a complete image of the outfit which is the point of the picture.  Additionally,  as I rarely interact with a friend or confidant when dressed feminine,  I have no one to take my picture.  Hence my vote of “I never take photos. ”

MacKenzie Alexandra

Amy Myers 
    Participant
    Registered On: February 11, 2019
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 238

I started using my phone, as its’ camera is good enough, but now I’m using my dslr, as I can mount it on a tripod, and set it up better.

Amy

Rozalyne Richards 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 10, 2018
    Replies: 29

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Hi fiona i always use my phone it’s not a hi tech apple phone but it still does the job, I would love to have a proper photo shoot with a professional photographer sometime in the future, it’s not very good trying to take pictures while looking in a mirror xxxxx</p>

Cynthia Hughes 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 12, 2019
    Replies: 48

Mostly a cheap old Sony digital camera mounted on a tripod which I set on a timer and have it shoot 5 shots in a row which would let me get a few actions / movement shots in.

When I wanted to experiment with selfies last summer I was using an old cell phone as it’s quality was better than the Sony.

Cynthia

Nikki SiDee 
    Participant
    Registered On: February 4, 2019
    Replies: 59

Hi Ladies,
    Jackie takes most of mine with my cell phone. When she isn’t around a Cannon Power Shot camera mounted on a tripod.

Ty Fiona for another interesting topic…..Nikki

Olivia Livin 
    Participant
    Registered On: October 22, 2018
    Replies: 662

I use my cell phone. I have a selfie stick for any seated pics and a stand for the others. I can look at my display to see whats in frame(not my face…yet) and then just say ‘cheese’ to my phone and the magic happens lmao, I wish that genie could do makeup.

Olivia Livin 
      Participant
      Registered On: October 22, 2018
      Replies: 662

For those on a tight budget…

I am geared to the low budget, low tech options and tend to MacGyver many things.

My midlevel samsung A5 came preloaded with the voice activated shutter, but as always , theres an app for that lol, and its free.

My camera stand is a block of 2×4 with a slot notched into it to hold the phone. You can place it on any surface and even shim either end with whatever is handy to acheive the desired angle.

Gabriela Romani 
    Ambassador
    Registered On: October 7, 2018
    Topics: 68
    Replies: 476

Fee, the first 25-30 photos ever were polaroids, with my first ever photo being taken some 22 years ago or so. Now let me tell you, taking selfies with a polaroid camera wasn’t an easy task!

I used a film camera a few times. But that meant having to go and pick up the developed prints.

Then somebody (Who is one of the unsong heroes for all crossdressers in the world) invented the digital camera! Had a few of those over the years, including the most recent one a few years ago. Using digital cameras I must have taken no less than some  4 to 5 thousand phothos over the years, many of those getting deleted as soon as seen, with “a few” good ones.

Latest photo session I just used me phone with an usb remote shutter. It sure beats the “shot! Only 10 seconds from pressing the button, hurrying on 4” heels to a mad dash to the other side of the room and them get remember to stand straight, arms in position, chin up, chin not so high, chest out, turn torso, tilt head, get hair off from your face but careful not to mess with it or the makeup, smile naturally, not like “The Joker” in the old Batman tv show, regain balance, stop moving once the light starts flashing, and finally the flash goes off and you go and check the photo and realize your head is wasn’t in the frame… and then you get to do it all over and over again until you get one somehow decent photo wearing that dress!

It is a lot of work… where was I? Ah yes, the remote shutter… get one, and a tripod. And, ah yes, also got a few photo studio photos. Once from a “Glamour photos” session, others at the photo booth during some of the events I have attended to.

Gaby 💜

Jasmine Fletcher 
    Participant
    Registered On: September 7, 2018
    Replies: 245

I have a red digital camera.  That’s about as much spec as I know!   As it doesn’t say DSLR on it I guess it isn’t.  I also have an old camera that my ex used to use which is more whizz-bang but as it only works if plugged into the mains (as the battery won’t charge anymore) it isn’t convenient to use.

Perhaps I should resort to oil paintings?

*skippy1965(Cynthia) 
    Ambassador
    Registered On: August 25, 2015
    Topics: 108
    Replies: 1151

Same here Fi, I used to use my small digital camera but now use my iphone camera almost exclusively-though I do own a DSLR camera-it’s just too much easier to use the phone-and I’m not publishing to Vogue LOL. (I almost voted “I don’t take pics” as a joke but my nose is big enough already and I don’t need my pants to catch fire LOL).
    Cyn

5 users thanked author for this post.
       fiona moss 
      Ambassador
      Registered On: October 7, 2018
      Topics: 283
      Replies: 1017

ohhh Cyn! ROFL!!!! ha ha ha!

Fee xxx

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account