Viewing 71 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Girls, now i am sure many of you choose a variety of equipment for this. I know you have to use a camera!!! so no smart quips!! but what type of camera do you use? Fiona’s guess…. mobile phone camera.

Fiona xxx

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Same here Fi, I used to use my small digital camera but now use my iphone camera almost exclusively-though I do own a DSLR camera-it’s just too much easier to use the phone-and I’m not publishing to Vogue LOL. (I almost voted “I don’t take pics” as a joke but my nose is big enough already and I don’t need my pants to catch fire LOL).
      Cyn

Anonymous

I have a red digital camera.  That’s about as much spec as I know!   As it doesn’t say DSLR on it I guess it isn’t.  I also have an old camera that my ex used to use which is more whizz-bang but as it only works if plugged into the mains (as the battery won’t charge anymore) it isn’t convenient to use.

Perhaps I should resort to oil paintings?

Anonymous

Fee, the first 25-30 photos ever were polaroids, with my first ever photo being taken some 22 years ago or so. Now let me tell you, taking selfies with a polaroid camera wasn’t an easy task!

I used a film camera a few times. But that meant having to go and pick up the developed prints.

Then somebody (Who is one of the unsong heroes for all crossdressers in the world) invented the digital camera! Had a few of those over the years, including the most recent one a few years ago. Using digital cameras I must have taken no less than some  4 to 5 thousand phothos over the years, many of those getting deleted as soon as seen, with “a few” good ones.

Latest photo session I just used me phone with an usb remote shutter. It sure beats the “shot! Only 10 seconds from pressing the button, hurrying on 4” heels to a mad dash to the other side of the room and them get remember to stand straight, arms in position, chin up, chin not so high, chest out, turn torso, tilt head, get hair off from your face but careful not to mess with it or the makeup, smile naturally, not like “The Joker” in the old Batman tv show, regain balance, stop moving once the light starts flashing, and finally the flash goes off and you go and check the photo and realize your head is wasn’t in the frame… and then you get to do it all over and over again until you get one somehow decent photo wearing that dress!

It is a lot of work… where was I? Ah yes, the remote shutter… get one, and a tripod. And, ah yes, also got a few photo studio photos. Once from a “Glamour photos” session, others at the photo booth during some of the events I have attended to.

Gaby 💜

I use my cell phone. I have a selfie stick for any seated pics and a stand for the others. I can look at my display to see whats in frame(not my face…yet) and then just say ‘cheese’ to my phone and the magic happens lmao, I wish that genie could do makeup.

For those on a tight budget…

I am geared to the low budget, low tech options and tend to MacGyver many things.

My midlevel samsung A5 came preloaded with the voice activated shutter, but as always , theres an app for that lol, and its free.

My camera stand is a block of 2×4 with a slot notched into it to hold the phone. You can place it on any surface and even shim either end with whatever is handy to acheive the desired angle.

Hi Ladies,
      Jackie takes most of mine with my cell phone. When she isn’t around a Cannon Power Shot camera mounted on a tripod.

Ty Fiona for another interesting topic…..Nikki

Mostly a cheap old Sony digital camera mounted on a tripod which I set on a timer and have it shoot 5 shots in a row which would let me get a few actions / movement shots in.

When I wanted to experiment with selfies last summer I was using an old cell phone as it’s quality was better than the Sony.

Cynthia

Anonymous

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Hi fiona i always use my phone it’s not a hi tech apple phone but it still does the job, I would love to have a proper photo shoot with a professional photographer sometime in the future, it’s not very good trying to take pictures while looking in a mirror xxxxx</p>

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I started using my phone, as its’ camera is good enough, but now I’m using my dslr, as I can mount it on a tripod, and set it up better.

Amy

Picture and me just do not get along. I hate selfies for a couple of reasons. 1. My selfie camera on my phone is so much less quality than the primary camera. 2. A selfie does not provide a complete image of the outfit which is the point of the picture.  Additionally,  as I rarely interact with a friend or confidant when dressed feminine,  I have no one to take my picture.  Hence my vote of “I never take photos. ”

MacKenzie Alexandra

Anonymous

Nikon with timer on a tripod.  I just have a few seconds to get in place and pose.

Anonymous

Whenever possible I get someone else to take my picture, it’s easier, less rushed and gives me someone to talk too. When I can’t get someone else to take my pictures (and it’s not as tough as you might think) I use my trusty but hopelessly obsolete Canon Powershot S3iS. It’s only 6 megapixel but it works well for me, I like it and I know how to use probably 75% of it’s settings and modes.

Imogen x

I don’t take many photo’s of myself as I prefer to be at the rear of the camera that at the subject side. I use an oldish Canon EOS 600D on a tripod, remote trigger and pro quality lighting. Photo makeup is a must for photo’s and I frequently use creative filters to help set a scene and compose the photo. I tend not to use mobile/cell cameras much as I’m not really keen on snapshots and selfies and as already mentioned, if one wants to show of an outfit then it is really difficult to get this in frame using a mobile to get a pic of one’s self.

Take good care girls

Hugs

Anne-Marie

Marianne
      Ambassador

I mostly use the camera in my Samsung phone, but also have a digital camera. In 2016 I had a professional make over and photo shoot at Model House Stockholm and would like to do something similar again.

So far it’s just shots on the camera of my iphone 5 which is nearly as venerable as I am. 😉

Sad to say over the years I’ve taken many shots on many phones and deleted them within the day as I was ashamed of who I was/am.  Looking back on it I’d love to have those photos of Val in her prime but sadly they’re gone forever, victims of my own paranoia and self-loathing.

Now that I’m getting serious about letting Val off her leash I’m contemplating ways to photograph better… I know I can use a timer but nervous about framing shots right, not to mention steady mounting etc; I guess paranoia is a lifelong companion.  Maybe one day I’ll work up the nerve to have someone else photograph me (aside from the shots taken by my wonderful long-distance gf whilst I was in a very sad state) but for the time being it’s just the phone camera.

Hello Fiona,          I use a DSLR Sony camera on a tripod with a remote control unit. I have to take the photo when no one is around, so sometimes it a quick snap. I have a number of photos in full femme dress & am very pleased with the results, it is nice to see yourself as a pretty girl.

love,  Helenmarie

Hey Gang,

I’ve used several different digital cameras over the years.  Recently, however, I found that my iPad works better than anything else and I don’t have to transfer to another device.  I’ve noticed at some events that organizations are using iPads to record presentations.  There apparently are devices available to grasp the iPad and then attach to a tripod.  So far, I’ve just placed the iPad on a table, but securing it has been a problem.

Over the years, photos have been helpful for me in my motivation cycle for staying fit.  I haven’t shared that many other than on my website, attached to stories.  I often wonder whether the ones with which I’m dissatisfied are as bad or the more satisfying are as good as I think.  Objectivity much?  Narcissism used to be the word used for those preoccupied with their own countenance.  Remember Dorian Gray?  But with the sharing on CDH, I’m more accepting of the good humor and humility of those fellow participants in this masquerade of ours.  Be well,

FAM

My SOGGF or my hair stylist use my smartphone camera, stylist always takes 4 photos after she has finished  2 with my android phone and to with her iPhone for herself.

Session she took 7 photos on her phone 4 different full length standing photos poses after 3 close up of 1 ace frt and profile from each side.

I used my iPad to take photos, but grew tired of running back and forth to set the timer and then pose for the shot. So now I use the iPad to take a video and then I go back later and take screen shots of the poses I like. Just seems to work better for me.

-Brittany

Anonymous

As a professional photographer I use my Nikon on a tripod with remote control.

Window light or soft flash for night, back drop or very clean background.

Nothing worse than a clutter background.

You picked out the perfect dresss, sexy lingerie,  heels, and spend hours on makeup and hair  (take a lot to look glamorous).

SO girls look around you before you push the button.   Love doing photo for people and helping then to bring out her best, seeing ones self in a new light is very powerful.

The only thing I love more than taking photos is being in front of the camera myself.

Love all you wonderful girls

I recall back in the 90s using a Polaroid camera with a homemade remote cable to activate the shutter button!  Ha-Instant self pics!

I use my cell phone.  I was given a suggestion by a TG friend who said to attach the cell phone to a mirror with duct tape, turn on the app and adjust yourself according to what you see on the phone, then set the camera’s timer for 5-10 seconds and wah-la!  Hey, it doens’t take a lot of duct tape, you can use use one piece attached to itself in a loop, place on back of the cell phone and press onto the mirror.  You can use your over-sink bathroom mirror or a full body mirror to full body captures.

Another option which I just started using is YouCam Makeup app on your phone.  Check the app store if it’s available.  YouCam not only takes your picture but you can make adjustments to yourself, even hair style and color as well as makeup features.  If you make mistakes, you can go back and try something different.

Anonymous

I love YouCam!

So helpful for choosing wigs and makeup.

Love Laura

Krista
      Duchess

I most often use my iPad Pro.  It has a nice big screen so I can see myself from a distance.  And I have it in a case that helps it stand up straight for portraits.  I have also used my cell phone camera, my laptop camera and a Kobo tablet, (but not that often).  For my very first public appearance en femme, my Executive Assistant used a DSLR.  She followed me around for a few hours and took a ton of photos.  I crossdressed for a charity fundraiser event and raised over $1,000.  That was a lot of fun!!!!

Thanks for the question.  Have a great rest of the week,

Hugs, Krista

Khloe West
      Duchess

I’m exceedingly lucky!

I have an accepting to encouraging wife (now that she “get’s it” after many convos) of decades that also has a wicked good photo eye…and buys me cute things! 😀

All my “in home” shots are her handiwork.  Some shots on my profile are borrowed from pro photogs from casting calls, modeling shoots, etc.

I mostly use a Canon Power Shot camera.  The settings are much more flexible (better zoom, changeable ISO settings, low light settings) than my phone camera, and I can put it on a table, dresser, other flat surfaces, or a tripod and use the self timer to get full body shots.

I am unsure whether to answer the question Digital SLR or other.  To me, an SLR is big, clunky, has a mirror that folds away before taking the photo, and has interchangeable lenses.  Yes I’m viewing the scene through the lens on the LCD screen on the back of the camera, but I would consider it more of a point-and-shoot camera (and thus in the other[category than an SLR.  But if you intended that any digital (hardware) camera to be SLR, I’d vote that way.

I use my smartphone. On occassions I hired a snappr photographer to take wide shots of me.

I actually hired a professional photographer to take boudior shots of me in a hotel room. Great experience. Expensive as heck though.

Anonymous

I use my phone mostly.  I have the note 9, so I can sit my phone up anywhere and use the stylus to take the picture. I can also use the timer and activate it with the stylus. Makes getting in pose and snapping pics a snap.

Chelly

Anonymous

I have never taken photos of Mikki………………but since I’ve joined………….THAT is going to change……..

just no laughing !!!

Mikki

I’m the opposite of Mikki – I’ve taken many photos of myself en femme, and they’re all too horrible to post. If I did, there would be no laughing, because with me it’s no laughing matter. And I wouldn’t want to lose my happy home here at CDH!

It’s not the camera’s fault, it’s just the camera has so little to work with. But I’m going to keep at it, and maybe one day a miracle will happen.

Oh, and the camera I’ve been using is a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W800, which I bought a few months ago at Amazon for about $80.00. It has a 10-second delay, which is why I bought it, since in my closeted, SO-less femme-bubble, I have no one to take a pic.

Anonymous

Maybe you are being too hard on yourself?

Anonymous

I’m heartbroken………..I had thought we were so alike !!!  Say it isn’t so !!!

Mikki

Sorry, I didn’t want to disappoint! Just saying, it’s going to take a lot to get me to post a full-frontal pic. Really, my femme incarnation is more Bride of Frankenstein than cute little old lady. (Actually, B of F wasn’t so bad!!)

Anonymous

I’m OK with the Bride of Frankenstein.don’t be too hard on yourself………………it’s what’s in your heart !!

Mikki

Ricky
      Lady

ive only used my pbone and only 1 person has seen the results! Im too scared to show anyone else!

Anonymous

I have always been very afraid too! I sure hope this wasn’t a mistake but I put a bunch of them on because I’ve never had the opportunity to share them before. It’s quite liberating you might want to try it you can always edit up your face and any identifying background

All you girls you are so worried about how you should look should share some pics with us. I’m sure everyone here would give an honest assessment if asked, all in the interest of helping us all get our image more perfected <3

I know I love it when people give that kind of feedback on the posts I make on FB when I go out 🙂

I use a remote controlled mirrorless digital camera (Canon EOS M50). So easy with the remote control and you don’t have to wait for any 10 second countdown.

I have only taken really crappy photos on my cell. Would be nice to meet someone in Wisconsin with similar interests to take pics with, oh well maybe some day.

I wouldn’t restrict yourself to just other people into dressing. Plenty of girls who aren’t into it would probably be happy to help you get some good pics.

I know I am learning that just about everyone is accepting, tho part of that is geography. I wouldn’t expect quite as much acceptance back in Texas.

I only used my cell phone now. I used to use a digital camera, but its eight years old and my newer cell phone camera takes better pictures. Plus, they automatically get backed up to my google photos account and I can upload them directly to CDH!

Jane Doe
        Lady

Got to be careful about Google’s creepy automatic photo upload. I recall snapping a selfie one day and watching in horror as my phone uploaded the pic to the Google Photos account that I share with my wife. I deleted the pic immediately. To this day I still don’t know whether my wife saw the “hubby has shared a new photo with you” notification. Nothing was ever said. Technology will ultimately be the downfall of many a closeted crossdresser.

Rayna
          Lady

I only have a phone camera these days as I let all the other pure camera equipment expire into old age.

Selfie mode is Ok for head and upper body, but I often go into the bathroom and use the mirror. Shows more of my body, and I get a better idea of how I look as I take it. Do straighten up the towel racks in the background lol!

A pet peeve — look directly at the camera lens in the mirror, not at your own face. This makes you look more engaged with the viewer, rather than appearing to be staring off into the distance. You may have to hold the camera higher so you are not looking down. Also, if you hold the camera off to the side rather than in front of yourself, you can crop it out of the picture if you like.

Anonymous

Looking to photograph CD in East TN or Asheville NC, so you girls can post the best photos. I am a pro with years of experience.

Anonymous

Went all out CD….took myself off to a professional photographer….looked great, doing a strip to my underwear.

Anonymous

That’s a carrot dangled, are these pictures suitable for public viewing and will they get an outing.lol. You in the UK by the way.

I take most of my own pictures and use either my phone (balanced on something, on a timer) or my DSLR (using an app on my phone as the remote).

Anonymous

I put my cell phone on a tripod and use a c clamp to hold it I. Place. I then set the timer on 20 sec. works perfectly

Anonymous

Hi I use my canon digital camera, it has an excellent range of timers on it and the quality is great. Like many of us girls I try to get that shot where you can hardly recognise yourself and all you see is a beautiful woman ( I wish lol ). It is great fun though and I always end up with all my dresses strewn around the house as I parade in all my finery, this eventually leads me to going out when it is nearly  dark to walk around the local town for a while.

Anonymous

I use my phone and then use Snapchat for filters because it shapes my face to look more feminine. I’ve only ever taken a couple of pictures without a filter because I look ridiculous.

Tina Thompson
      Duchess

I’m using cellphones more and more for selfies, just because it is a lot easier to do that than drag out the DSLR and all the things that I have to attach to it to make a decent self-portrait.

If my studio is already set up and all I have to do is turn it on, I do that.  That’s what I did this evening when I took a photo of myself on the way out the door for dinner.

I use DSLR with a remote works the best. Though as of late when I am out and about I use the phone for selfies and have others take them for me.

Long ago before the wife and when I had access to a dark room I used a 35mm SLR and the  developed and printed the photos myself.  It was a bit nerve racking while leaving the prints in the wash bin that opened both in the dark room and in the next room when you were not sure if anyone else was in the other room.

Now the only photos are taken by someone else and emailed to my hidden email account as if anything was found on phone it would be very bad at this point.  That is how my profile pic and the ones I posted here on CDH were taken.

I used my cell phone camera to take my profile photo. I found trying to take the selfie very frustrating. I deleted many attempts: camera angle too high or too low, eyes either squinting or not looking straight, many unpretty smiles, or a wayward curl in my wig. I finally got 5 decent ones and picked the best two and chose one to upload. I plan to have a professional transformation make over and photo shoot, hopefully before the end of the year.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

As the saying goes, the best camera is the one you have with you.

I have lots of professional photo gear. At that level, the technology is so good that brands don’t really matter. Sometimes I’ll do a setup with a tripod and wireless remote (phone app). But most often I’ll use my mobile phone. It’s just so easy and it’s always with me. I have a Google Pixel 3. It takes surprisingly good photos that compare favorably to most point & shoots, and even some budget DSLR’s. Some of my CDH photos were taken with the Pixel 3.

Almost any camera made in the last 10 years, even on a mobile, can take decent pictures. Things that will help you get better images: SMILING; a pose that draws interest; good lighting; a simple background; a tripod; a wireless remote (or voice activated shutter); a photography class.

Noelia6
      Lady

Hola hi

Cusndo me hago fotos siempre recurro a una amiga íntima que siempre a sabido y me a ayudado en todo compras ropa etc

Hola, Noelia. Eres muy afortunada de tener un amigo así amor y besos

Fiona xxx 🙂

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I use a little point and shoot camera on a tripod and a timer. I focus it on an area, set the times, press the shutter button, move myself into the space and wait for the flash. I took so many photos that way. Some came out very good, some not.

Several years ago I went to a lingerie shop that had CD clients. I would socialize with, get makeovers with and dress with other CD’s. There was a photo studio there so we would often take a lot of pics. That was fun and I got a lot of really good photos from that.

Timer on mobile phone. Only take pics from the waist down.

Anonymous

Most of the photos I take are with my mobile phone camera; but those I am willing to post have been taken on my old Nikon, using time-delay. Someday, I would like to try a professional crossdressing studio.

Anonymous
      Lady

Fiona

Only photo I have taken has been with my Digital Camera which is DSLR style camera but not SLR. Had to take photo using a large mirror and turning off flash to although I uploaded it it was not good enough to be used on the site. Since then I have purchased a remote release for the shutter as the old one had not been working and will try to work out a better arrangement when I next have time alone.

Rachel

Anonymous

Hi, when in a restaurant or hotel (bar) I ask if the waiter or bar tender may take a pic on my mobile phone (and usually give them a nice “tip” for the service so they will remember me for next time!). Otherwise I use a small tri-pod when travelling for “selfies” with a timer or a big tripod when home. Love taking pictures – even when bad as use them to see what I did wrong – light/background/makeup/angle… as well as it is nice souvenirs as the date is automatically mentioned, so now I may look back on my very first early “electronic” camera pics more than 15 years ago! – some looks terrible as at that time no professional makeover – this only took place 13 years ago!

I ussally use a digital camera and timer with a tripod. I some times take photos with my laptop camera.

Since I broke my Canon Sureshot, I got a GoPro which I can now take a picture using voice command.  It comes with a mini tripod which I can stand on the ground or on something (like a car hood or a garbage can) and then say “GoPro, take photo” for a single photo or “GoPro, shoot burst” to take 30 shots in 3 seconds. You can even start video by voice.  Great feature for selfies.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I have  a Canon “point and shoot” digital.. Nothing fancy…. and I can “work” the self timer.

My CDH photos are a mixture of my make up artists taking them after a makeover or self timed shots on the above

My big male fingers and small mobile phone keyboards are not friends, especially with texts. so I still have a “flip phone” for calls and texts.

Caty

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I have a little point and shoot camera with a timer. I put it on a tripod, set up the spot I’m going to be in, set the times, get in the spot and the camera takes a picture. Sometimes I get great shots where I marvel at how I look. Other times when the shot is not so good, I just delete it.

I have also done photos for a lingerie shop that had crossdressing clients. They took a lot of pictures of us girls. They would get posted online or just be confidential depending on the preference of the model.

They also sold some very sexy shoes and hosiery there. I was fortunate enough to be asked to model some of the shoes and hose that would be turned into posters they would hang about the shop to catch eyes and show off what hey sold. It was a thrill to walk in, see some nice legs in sexy shoes and hosiery and know they were mine. They were obviously glamour photos where they had to take many to get a few good ones suitable for display.

Anonymous

Hiya, I use a canon digital and timer, not always easy if you are trying to get that seductive ladylike pose in your lingerie. Generally they come out well and you can always adjust things on a laptop ( try and look younger !! )

I love taking pictures, mostly of many other things besides myself.  I do believe my sister has more pictures of me than I do, by a large margin.

I use a pretty good Samsung digital SLR and a tripod for most of what I take.  Haven’t really used my phone to take many piccy’s at all really.

PaulaF

Mobile phone. But then all pictures get immediately deleted because NO ONE. wants to see Shrek in a dress. Not Fiona. Not donkey. No One.

Anonymous

Hi

I use mobile phone camera on a tri pod with a remote control, I have to take my own as nobody close to me knows that I dress.

I really find it so difficult getting good photo’s as I am too far away from the phone (if I want to get my whole body in it) that I cannot see the expression on my face (smile or no smile !!!)

Will keep trying, as it’s amazing when I get nice comments on my photo’s from all you lovely girls.

Anyway have a makeover and some one else taking photo’s of me Wednesday (can’t wait), lets hope I can learn to dress better and take better photo’s

Love you all…xx

I had the camera to my wife or a bystander. No one has ever refused me when I politely ask the to snap a pic of me, in fact, sometimes they request copies!

I did the poll, but for some reason I didn’t do a message. Anyway…

I rarely use my iPhone as they are fairly limited in what they can do compared to an actual camera. It is a matter of what is acceptable and what is not. I have a pretty sophisticated Point & Shoot (P&S) camera and a DSLR. It is rare for me to use the DSLR as I would need to use my heavier duty tripod. Most of the time I use the P&S and a lightweight tripod. The P&S has a self-timer feature and I run the camera from my iPhone. From the iPhone I have control over the zoom, flash, exposure and perhaps some other things that I am forgetting. Note that the image has been cropped and manipulated a bit so a some resolution was lost…

ChloeC
      Duchess

So, way back in the day, before cell phones, before digital cameras, when one used a camera (around early Instamatic days) and had to take the film roll to a drugstore and have some stranger look over the developed negatives and see if there was any reason not to provide prints…I didn’t.  But!!! Enter the inexpensive Polaroid around 1967 and I started.  It was a little tricky as there was no timer on the first ones, but I rigged up a pole of sorts to do it, trial and error to get the distance/focus right.  Later they came out with a newer version with a timer. Used that a lot in the 1980’s.  Just had to make sure the prints were safely put out of sight.  Then cell phones in late 90’s and 2000’s and I started using them.  One of the 1st I used had a connection to a tripod which we had(and built in timer), but now the later ones don’t, so I use a full length mirror. I may try to rig up something for straight on shots. We’ll see. Oh, and I’ve since scanned in the prints, so they’re gone. Just lots of pics on thumb drives.

Chloe, the fact that prints had to go to be made and viewed by others is one thing that makes the photos from Casa Susanna so remarkable.

Another inexpensive way to take photos with a cell phone is with an extra large hair claw.  Put the phone into the grips of the hair claw, and turn it upside down.  The large claw will grasp the phone and the large base will allow the phone to stand even in a vertical position.  Then place the phone-claw combo carefully on any flat surface; it should be relatively stable.  You can then either use a timer or voice command to snap the photo.

[postquote quote=325614][/postquote]

Search WalMart for:

Universal Cell Phone Tripod Vertical Bracket Holder Mount

That is one of a number of devices that you can use to mount a phone to a tripod…

I have only had three taken for the site , but hopefully will have a few more in the comeing months, my wife took the pictures ,but both her and i have been unwell but are on the mend. Py xx.

I use my iPad the camera is good and the screen large. I take multiple shots because the moment you want can be evaluated according.

Love! Jessica Scarlett.

Fiona-Ann:

Sorry this didn’t get posted when I wrote it. Seems it fell into an approval queue and just got released yesterday…

I’ve used a lot of different cameras over the years. Unfortunately, I don’t have any pics from back in the ‘film’ days. Despite the fact that I was into photography and could develop my own prints. I’m not an expert or anything, but I know my way around a DSLR and I’ve used a Canon with a tripod, remote and 50mm lens to take some of my favorite selfie shots.

These days, smart phone cameras are so good that you don’t really need anything else. I put my  iPhone on a tripod with an adapter I bought on Amazon and use the 10 second timer. It works well.

The thing with photography that I think gets lost is just the basics of how you set up your scene. Photograph yourself from slightly above, if you can do it. Try and clear out the room and give yourself a nice, non-cluttered background. Use soft, natural light from a window instead of a harsh flash, if you have that option. The little things help.

I typically use my phone but if I had enough cash I’d get a professional photo shoot.

Misha Monroe
      Duchess

I found a ring light kit with a stand, mobile phone holder and a remote for the camera on amazon that works a treat.  A big improvement on selfies in the bathroom mirror!  And the ring light is perfect for doing my makeup.  https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/photo/i-found-another-grey-hair/

I always use my cell phone camera. I found the perfect spot in my living room on my end table where I can easily prop up my phone. There is a floor lamp and table lamp close by for perfect lighting. I set my timer on my camera and have 10 seconds to pose. I move closer or farther away depending if I want a head shot included. Sometimes my wife will take pictures of me so I can get a variety of poses when I model clothes for her. Stephanie

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Now I just use my phone.  Voice activated camera makes it so easy.

Mind you, I do miss my old Canon SLR 35 mm. From days gone by.  That took great pictures, though not nearly as convenient.

Stevie

If I’m taking photos at home, I’ll use my camera on a tripod. If I’m out, I’ll either use a camera or mobile to take photos, with the self-timer. If I’m with people, then they can take the photos!

Viewing 71 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?